Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? (2350 Views)

White Lady Spotted In Wrapper Using Nigerian Grinding Stone And Speaking Pidgin / White Woman Grinding Pepper With Native Grinding Stone. / 12 Types Of Guests We All Get Tired Of In Our Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Easyincome24: 11:47am On May 27, 2021
Some ladies said this is 21st century and no man should constrict them to this kind of harsh life when there is electric grinding machine.

Should homes still keep this grinding stone?

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ekene101: 11:50am On May 27, 2021
Yes..bae used it yesterday for an elderly neighbor

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Easyincome24: 11:52am On May 27, 2021
ekene101:
Yes..bae used it yesterday for an elderly neighbor
As some will say, such person had the full home training package. Not like the common indomie children of nowadays.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ekene101: 11:57am On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:

As some will say, such person had the full home training package. Not like the common indomie children of nowadays.
yes boss,even though we have access to blender and other grinders,she still uses it sometimes.. there are some parents who still teach their daughters the old methods of getting things done,but few though.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by duro4chang(m): 12:05pm On May 27, 2021
Yes
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Omihanifa: 12:05pm On May 27, 2021
These three items ( electric blender, manual blender and small wooden mortal & pestle) don replace this stone nah

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by JovialJune(f): 12:16pm On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:
Some ladies said this is 21st century and no man should constrict them to this kind of harsh life when there is electric grinding machine.

Mischievous much yeah? You guys keep ranting and ranting about females but will never remove the massive log in your eyes, why would anyone use that when there are easier ways to avoid stress? Look at you already calling some indomie generation, nonsense.

13 Likes

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by mariahAngel(f): 12:22pm On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:

No be only full home training package...

5 Likes

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Mindlog: 12:31pm On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:

When last did you go to a post office to buy stamps and post letters or do you use charcoal iron to press your clothes?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ekene101: 2:06pm On May 27, 2021
JovialJune:

Mischievous much yeah? You guys keep ranting and ranting about females but will never remove the massive log in your eyes, why would anyone use that when there are easier ways to avoid stress? Look at you already calling some indomie generation, nonsense.
I guess the palmwine we drink these days and the ones being sold around was fetched from your village stream.
Mind you,it's not about the availability of blender or engines,my mom for one prefers to use grinding stone to grind pepper and other spices when cooking banga soup or other native soups,but I for one would prefer to use blender or other manual engine to get the job done.
Her reasons: grinding stone adds some kinda flavor to the meal.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 27, 2021
OP, are you using Nokia 3310 to post this? If No, then your post nor get head.

6 Likes

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by bukatyne(f): 2:18pm On May 27, 2021
Eyah, Pablo, how sad.

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by mariahAngel(f): 2:18pm On May 27, 2021
ekene101:
I guess the palmwine we drink these days and the ones being sold around was fetched from your village stream.
Mind you,it's not about the availability of blender or engines,my mom for one prefers to use grinding stone to grind pepper and other spices when cooking banga soup or other native soups,but I for one would prefer to use blender or other manual engine to get the job done.

Oga, the palm wine you drink these days are most likely brewed with yeast. Especially if you're based in an urban area.

By the way, grinding your ingredients with stone adds no special flavour to your meals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Mindlog: 2:59pm On May 27, 2021
ekene101:

Based on your observations, what is the age range of our present-day palmwine tappers?

Grinding stone adds no flavour to meals as it is just the sentimental value she attaches to it because it is just the "appliance" available back then before the advent of blenders and note some communities even back then didn't use the grinding stones rather only used the mortar and pestle.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by merieam16(f): 4:10pm On May 27, 2021
We still av it at home nd I can use very well but I use it majorly for Ofada stew

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Easyincome24: 4:16pm On May 27, 2021
merieam16:
We still av it at home nd I can use very well but I use it majorly for Ofada stew

This is a wife material.

Babe where are thou this years?

My brother needs a wiffy...can you be our in-law?

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by merieam16(f): 4:36pm On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:

This is a wife material.

lolzz...
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by sylve11: 5:13pm On May 27, 2021
ekene101:

Lol grin cool
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by helinues: 6:40pm On May 27, 2021
For tertiary,I no dey care to grind my pepper with grinding stone. Food no dey amongst things I dey do yanga to
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by mariahAngel(f): 7:37pm On May 27, 2021
helinues:
For tertiary,I no dey care to grind my pepper with grinding stone. Food no dey amongst things I dey do yanga to

Who asked you Mazi Onye iro Ndi-Igbo?
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by mariahAngel(f): 7:39pm On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:

This is a wife material.

This one dey find Cinderella for him brother grin

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by JovialJune(f): 7:43pm On May 27, 2021
ekene101:

So every female must be like your mum? See talk

Pls explain, in vivid details, what flavour, a stone can add to any meal, or forever remain silent

And as for the palm wine, beat your chest as a man and tell me you, for example, can climb that tree in my previous comment, with the long rope, let me not even talk of other Nigerian men of these days set, let's start with you.....

Imagine, your mother is the basis for profiling females as indomie generation.....

4 Likes

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by sisisioge: 8:04pm On May 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Grinding on that thing looks simple but it is really hard to get how its done....I never did grin

2 Likes

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by JovialJune(f): 8:10pm On May 27, 2021
Easyincome24:

This is a wife material.

Sufferhead oshi, I'm sure this one does not know how to use catapult or hold a gun, talk more of shooting it or killing an antelope in the forest like the men of old.

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ekene101: 9:41pm On May 27, 2021
JovialJune:

So every female must be like your mum? See talk

Pls explain, in vivid details, what flavour, a stone can add to any meal, or forever remain silent

And as for the palm wine, beat your chest as a man and tell me you, for example, can climb that tree in my previous comment, with the long rope, let me not even talk of other Nigerian men of these days set, let's start with you.....

Imagine, your mother is the basis for profiling females as indomie generation.....
ode if u have sense or attended the four walls of an educational institution,you will understand the meaning of the word "my mom for one" so many dumb minimie chinchin children trying to outgrown their dilapidated generation. Fhuk outta hia..
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ekene101: 9:44pm On May 27, 2021
Mindlog:

Based on your observations, what is the age range of our present-day palmwine tappers?

Grinding stone adds no flavour to meals as it is just the sentimental value she attaches to it because it is just the "appliance" available back then before the advent of blenders and note some communities even back then didn't use the grinding stones rather only used the mortar and pestle.
and what is the difference between what you said and what I said,sir/ma there is a sentimental value attached to it,some claim flavor,others claim mortar beats it to their desired texture while some will say blender gets d job done faster. Make una dey reason abeg.
Your taste bud and that of others aren't the same,try to dey brush often.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by ImaIma1(f): 1:09am On May 28, 2021
I like the grinding stone but I have never tried using it. There are some women who grind with grinding stone in one of the markets i go to. I pay extra to have my pepper/ tomatoes grinded with it.

But to sit down with grinding stone by myself, nooo. Even my husband will frown at such extra stress, as I open my eye no marry traditional minded man.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Vision101(m): 12:53am On May 29, 2021
@merieam16
We still av it at home nd I can use very well but I use it majorly for Ofada stew.

@me
Good girl. You are a wife material. I highly recommend you. Expect the offer letter soon.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Vision101(m): 1:01am On May 29, 2021
@JovialJune

Sufferhead oshi, I'm sure this one does not know how to use catapult or hold a gun, talk more of shooting it or killing an antelope in the forest like the men of old.

@me
Are you jealous that a good wife material is being complimented? In the public space some people market themselves while others demarket themselves.

She is a correct wife material. She is taken already.
Re: Do We Still Use This Grinding Stone In Our Homes? by Vision101(m): 1:09am On May 29, 2021
@ImaIma1
I like the grinding stone but I have never tried using it. There are some women who grind with grinding stone in one of the markets i go to. I pay extra to have my pepper/ tomatoes grinded with it.

But to sit down with grinding stone by myself, nooo. Even my husband will frown at such extra stress, as I open my eye no marry traditional minded man.

@me
You like it and pay someone to use it but you don't want to learn how to use it. See ajibo.

Traditionally minded men are the sweetest. You must serve me correct pounded yam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Do This, I Am A Little Scared. See The Photos I Screenshotted / Married Couples: Would You Feel Comfortable Having Sex In Your Parents House? / Dr Inusa Quicksoluctionspell@yahoo.com Restored Back My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.