Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) (82342 Views)

General Irabor To Yahaya Farouk: "Build On Legacy" (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Shows Off Table Tennis Skills With Chief Of Staff (Photo) / Dino Melaye And His Staff (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Ugonna62: 2:59pm On May 27, 2021
Thegracefulness:
In my opinion, Nigeria does not need a new Chief of Staff more than it needs a new President.

General Farouk Yahaya, even though I am not surprised or pleased with your appointment, I hope you prove me wrong, and you’re dedicated to the task, and also aim to pen down your name in the right side of the history books—because believe it or not, someday, in a discussion somewhere, your name would be mentioned.

That is why they’re calling for a Constitutional reform. The elected representatives of the states that you call “Governors,” you’d be surprised at how tied their hands are, when it is time to address security matters.
the constitutional reform is just another charade to douse the tension in the country &decieve some gullible nigerians, nothing meaninful will as usual come out that so-called reform .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Ykc2(m): 3:02pm On May 27, 2021
post=102112592:
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome on board Major General Yahaya.
Ending insurgency/violence all across our darling country is what must be achieved.
May God Almighty give you the direction as you continue this war to tackle all terrorist organizations in Nigeria.
Nigeria will win this war.
Peace shall reign in our darling nation.
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!
buharia

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Theoarhics: 3:03pm On May 27, 2021
This president deaf sha... na only aboki dey this country?
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Ykc2(m): 3:03pm On May 27, 2021
post=102112592:
Ending insurgency/violence all across our darling country is what must be achieved.
May God Almighty give you the direction as you continue this war to tackle all terrorist organizations in Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!
buharia no dey disappoint

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Emola12(m): 3:04pm On May 27, 2021
i keep mah comment till another plane go crash
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by aiye1988: 3:05pm On May 27, 2021
But i did not mention Igbo...we have other senior officers across the country.
hansomb:
if you have other president from other tribe they will do same. Moreover , the army is dominated by the Northerners. As a result of Biafra war we have less Igbo Army graduate generals while Yoruba are mostly in Navy or Air force.
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Oshilolo(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2021
pquaver:

If na you be Buhari you go appoint igbo?
There is something called federal character. This country is not for the north. We should embrace full federalism. Stop being tribalistic
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by D1zion: 3:11pm On May 27, 2021
Conrod:
Buhari is a tribalist,never diplomatic,sees other nigerians as guests .
he's a religious bigot.
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by gurunlocker: 3:12pm On May 27, 2021
abbaashiru:
I don't agree there was ever a time Nigeria had a 100% northern service chiefs. Obasanjo had Gen. Alex Ogomudia. Jonathan had Gen. Adrew Azazi. Buhari had Admiral Ikot Ibas...

I'm talking about Buhari, he has never had 100% northerner service chiefs?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by saintadeola: 3:13pm On May 27, 2021
As expected, later the idiot Buhari will be preaching unity as if he likes other tribe
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by snowball11(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2021
When nepotism is in your DNA; your thinking and act is always skewed!

What a man Nigerians decided to elect a president! undecided
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Gireiboy(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2021
GreatCracker:

Like wait a minute, so there's no other senior officer that can be made the COAS except a major.
Nah the stench of nepotism oozing out from this government is sickening.
What about the stench of your ignorance; the man is a major general, a 2 star general. In the case of Nigeria is the highest rank attainable in the military for now, unless the president decide otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by arma: 3:20pm On May 27, 2021
Oshilolo:
Another aboki. The system remains the same. Nigeria for the North and the North.

Shop at www.oshilolo.com
E pain am.
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Johel(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

Just imagine...his face alone displays wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Rawtruth1: 3:25pm On May 27, 2021
Yeah, he never disappoints. Another chance created by divinity to calm nerves, blown up again by his usual indiscretion
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by WaffenSS(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2021
post=102112592:
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!

You're probably the only patriot in this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by akaahs(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2021
observanc1:
the darling baba never disappoints.
2023 should fasten up pls, so all this nepotism will be booted out.
Abi others ll continue from the foundation he led
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by kingsleefolli(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2021
This man called buhari.is a real nepotism man.the corn head people will struck again.
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 27, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

Another sacrifice soon to bite the dust....grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Drizzy5001(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2021
Another potential failure, ready to occupy that evil seat. See face, it seems like he is related to this man on my post grin

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Olamadueke(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2021
The Chief of Air staff and The Chief of Defense Staff are from southern part of Nigeria while, The Chief of Naval staff is from the North, so Chief of Army staff would be reserved for someone in the North, even if the top 10 highest ranking officers are from the south.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by gawu1: 3:35pm On May 27, 2021
Lazynigerian1:
While we congratulate the new guy, let us remind him that we have several challenges in the country...bandits and boko in the North, and secessionist violence in the East and the ongoing herdsmen crisis.

These crisis will demand his full and total attention

As he takes office, Shekau is dead, but the monsters around him are still alive. New issues arise in the South East, and banditry is threatening the peace of this country

I wish him well, and hope he does a good job. Better than his predecessors. To quote/parphrase Robert Mugabe, when he was meeting with the chief of his intelligence on day one of his time in power...don't expect Nigerians to applaud your failures.

P.S Our polticians too should also sit up. Most of the time, the work that should be done by them is being done by the Army

PS2: I Hope that the special forces unit gets more funding and training and strenghtening.
Since my staying on nairaland I never come across a beautiful comment like this.
You win my days on nairaland and I pray you ripe bountiful goods in your entire life for this.
Peace to you!
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:36pm On May 27, 2021
post=102112592:
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!

Legion don't rise

They fall into the river and perish
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Olamadueke(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2021
And also it is not about seniority, because if was seniority a Yoruba man, Lt Gen. Adeosun would have taken over from Lt Gen. Tukur

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:37pm On May 27, 2021
WaffenSS:

You're probably the only patriot in this forum
He's no patriot.
He's an ass-licker for politicians especially APC politicians
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by garfield1: 3:38pm On May 27, 2021
fergie001:

All of them are Maj-Gens...The Army has presently about 120 Major-Gens. I doubt there is a Lt. Gen in the Army for now.
Attahiru was so promoted Lt. Gen. after his appointment.

This one will go through same as well expectedly.

You are missing the point.all the major generals are not equal na.some senior others just like among supreme court judges,odili senior agim.
Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 27, 2021
Thegracefulness:
In my opinion, Nigeria does not need a new Chief of Staff more than it needs a new President.

General Farouk Yahaya, even though I am not surprised or pleased with your appointment, I hope you prove me wrong, and you’re dedicated to the task, and also aim to pen down your name in the right side of the history books—because believe it or not, someday, in a discussion somewhere, your name would be mentioned.

That is why they’re calling for a Constitutional reform. The elected representatives of the states that you call “Governors,” you’d be surprised at how tied their hands are, when it is time to address security matters.

Nothing stops governors from allocating the resources they collect into labour, education and infrastructure if they did that people will not be disenfranchised and we will not have such high levels of insecurity. You people will not hold your governors, commissioners and local chairmans accountable as they use your money to chop life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo) by garfield1: 3:39pm On May 27, 2021
Olamadueke:
And also it is not about seniority, because if was seniority a Yoruba man, Lt Gen. Adeosun would have taken over from Lt Gen. Tukur

Adeosun and buratai were same rank so they had to retire together

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma With Father Mbaka During The Prophetic Declaration On January 1st / Unemployed, Poor Nigerians To Get N5000 Monthly – FG / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.