Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,546 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim (785 Views)

Lagos Govt Tackles Peter Obi Over False Claim About ASUU Strike / Soldiers Stop Lagos Judicial Panel From Accessing Military Mortuary / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by owobokiri(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2021
Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim

LAGOS – The Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses & Lekki Toll Gate Incident has condemned a statement made by Joe Igbokwe, Special Adviser on Drainage and Water Resources to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu (chai) over his claim that the panel concluded its report that nobody died in the Lekki Toll Gate shooting incident.

A member of the panel, Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa SAN, who described Igbokwe’s statement as embarrassing, in a statement on Thursday said the panel has not made any finding on the incident wondering where Igbokwe got his information from.

Adegboruwa said: “I have just come across the Facebook post of Mr Joe Igbokwe, a member of the Lagos State Executive Council as Special Adviser to the Governor, to the extent that the Lagos Judicial Panel made a finding that nobody died from the Lekki Toll Gate Incidence of October 20, 2020. I was thoroughly embarrassed as I was diminished, by the said post, coming as it were, from someone who should know better.

“I’m a member of the Lagos Judicial Panel. The Panel NEVER EVER said this. No such finding came from the Panel at all. As a matter of fact, the Panel has just opened the cases of EndSARS protesters, who have video evidence with which they hope to disprove the claims of the Nigerian Army that nobody was shot.

“So, I truly don’t know where Mr Joe Igbokwe got his story from, but it’s certainly not from the Panel of which I am a member.

“We are even yet to take evidence from the Lagos State Government, from the Chief Pathologist, we are yet to conclude the testimonies of the hospitals where it was alleged that people with gunshot wounds were treated.

“So, how on earth can we conclude as a Panel that people died or people did not die when we are yet to hear the whole testimonies of those involved?

“I do humbly appeal to all Nigerians to disregard the statement from Mr Joe Igbokwe which had no verifiable source”.

“Members of the Panel are people with proven integrity and I can assure all Nigerians and indeed the entire world, that our findings will be based on truth; if people were killed at Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020, we will say so loud and clear and heavens will not fall, but if otherwise, we will also say so, clearly.”

LINK:

https://independent.ng/lekki-shootings-lagos-judicial-panel-blasts-igbokwe-over-false-claim/
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Bola146(f): 3:14pm On May 27, 2021
cry Joe said all those rubbish because he is APC member.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by helinues: 3:14pm On May 27, 2021
Why not tell us how many people were killed?
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2021
He's protecting his Gutter money Efulefu of a man
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2021
helinues:
e go reach your turn, no be swear

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by helinues: 3:18pm On May 27, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
e go reach your turn, no be swear

So I have been reading for a while now.. So I will take this as usual bunkum
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Lanretoye(m): 3:30pm On May 27, 2021
Panel of enquiry will take 4years,panel that the principal respondent did not honor.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Christistruth00: 3:32pm On May 27, 2021
helinues:

They should even list their names we have been waiting for it since October last year.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Rugaria: 3:45pm On May 27, 2021
For somebody like Joe igbokwe to get out of his way and try telling lies against the dead, all for pecuniary interests is simply a new low!
I just hope his wife talks to him at nights. It's not a must for a man to sell his soul in the wayward pursuit of fleeting power..
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by IamFINESSE: 3:50pm On May 27, 2021
Joe Yorubakwe instead wink
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Rugaria: 4:03pm On May 27, 2021
IamFINESSE:
Joe Yorubakwe instead wink
It should be Joe Idiotkwe
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Jostoman: 6:19pm On May 27, 2021
Bola146:
cry Joe said all those rubbish because he is APC member.
because of one useless position they gave them they turn they turn themselves to errand boy.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Jostoman: 6:23pm On May 27, 2021
Mr igbokwe are you now the spokesman for Sanwo olu? I will advise you to face your drainage and gutter work that you are doing.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by helinues: 6:26pm On May 27, 2021
Christistruth00:

They should even list their names we have been waiting for it since October last year.

8 months plus still no list, no real proofs of the acclaimed massacre

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by jlinkd78(m): 6:43am On May 28, 2021
Noted
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Aketi2: 7:39am On May 28, 2021
Joe Igbokwe is trying to ensure that he keeps getting his daily bread from the LASG. He is now like a bat, not accepted by the Igbos for his anti-Igbo rethorics, and viewed as opportunists among the true Omoluabis.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Benbellamor: 7:51am On May 28, 2021
helinues:
Read below
As a matter of fact, the Panel has just opened the cases of EndSARS protesters, who have video evidence with which they hope to disprove the claims of the Nigerian Army that nobody was shot.

“So, I truly don’t know where Mr Joe Igbokwe got his story from, but it’s certainly not from the Panel of which I am a member.

“We are even yet to take evidence from the Lagos State Government, from the Chief Pathologist, we are yet to conclude the testimonies of the hospitals where it was alleged that people with gunshot wounds were treated.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by owobokiri(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2021
Jostoman:
because of one useless position they gave them they turn they turn themselves to errand boy.
Very shameful..
This guy started off his political career as a human rights activist during the Abacha years..
Now....
Very shameful..
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Thomist(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2021
owobokiri:

LAGOS – The Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses & Lekki Toll Gate Incident has condemned a statement made by Joe Igbokwe, Special Adviser on Drainage and Water Resources to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu (chai) over his claim that the panel concluded its report that nobody died in the Lekki Toll Gate shooting incident.

A member of the panel, Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa SAN, who described Igbokwe’s statement as embarrassing, in a statement on Thursday said the panel has not made any finding on the incident wondering where Igbokwe got his information from.

Adegboruwa said: “I have just come across the Facebook post of Mr Joe Igbokwe, a member of the Lagos State Executive Council as Special Adviser to the Governor, to the extent that the Lagos Judicial Panel made a finding that nobody died from the Lekki Toll Gate Incidence of October 20, 2020. I was thoroughly embarrassed as I was diminished, by the said post, coming as it were, from someone who should know better.

“I’m a member of the Lagos Judicial Panel. The Panel NEVER EVER said this. No such finding came from the Panel at all. As a matter of fact, the Panel has just opened the cases of EndSARS protesters, who have video evidence with which they hope to disprove the claims of the Nigerian Army that nobody was shot.

“So, how on earth can we conclude as a Panel that people died or people did not die when we are yet to hear the whole testimonies of those involved?

“I do humbly appeal to all Nigerians to disregard the statement from Mr Joe Igbokwe which had no verifiable source”.

“Members of the Panel are people with proven integrity and I can assure all Nigerians and indeed the entire world, that our findings will be based on truth; if people were killed at Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020, we will say so loud and clear and heavens will not fall, but if otherwise, we will also say so, clearly.”

LINK:

https://independent.ng/lekki-shootings-lagos-judicial-panel-blasts-igbokwe-over-false-claim/

Stupid people. All corrupt individual seeking for their pockets. For how long is it gonna take to know that people are killed?
Justice delayed, is Justice denied.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by joyandfaith: 4:23pm On May 28, 2021
helinues:

Don't mix cases of police brutality with endsars protests. Both issues are being handled by the same panel.
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by jude79(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2021
owobokiri:

LINK:

Joe yorubakwe must be saying the truth, if in doubt ask the drug dealer that Joe cleans his gutter teeth every morning.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by Ahmeduana(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2021
You mean special adviser on GUTTER, EROFOR and POTOPOTO matters!
Re: Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim by baseb: 6:04pm On May 28, 2021
One thing I've observed in this country is that the biggest problem of the igbo race is igbos themselves. If an igbo man does not become the president of nigeria by 2023 ( if nigeria's still in existence) it would be 80% the fault of some igbos and 20% the fault of the people from other tribes who use them. Anybody who wants can hate this statement.

(1) (Reply)

Look At how Buhari treat Arrested bandits with AK47 in the North . / What Fela Could See, Others Could Not See. Today, It Is Happening Again. / Nigeria Will Survive Whether You Like It Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.