Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date (38835 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Who's The Best Governor Of Abia From 1999 Till Date? / The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by tit(f): 5:52pm On May 27, 2021
Add Ministers for Defence, and you will see Buhari's full blown nepotism or jajajantism.
Jonathan had Gusau had minister of defence, and the yam eater as NSA.
But President Buhari has his cousins and inlaws in all positions.
If not that he has forgotten how to speak Bororo, that would be the language at fulani security meetings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by AK481(m): 5:53pm On May 27, 2021
and we kicked GEJ out becuase we believed he was wrong.

why should we keep this one ?

2 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Biglittlelois(f): 5:55pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

It was okay for OBJ to sideline Southern Muslim, But you can attack bubu for sidelining Northern Christian wink

You are obviously a zombie, and your excuse is lame, but let me answer you, who the hell is complaining about religion here? Yet he OBJ picked a Muslim and Christian, he also picked from any region, not just a particular region, Bubu only picks a Northern Muslim, not just in COAS but everywhere, hope you get it now?

6 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by farmboyy: 5:56pm On May 27, 2021
OBJ appointed Luka Yusuf not Yaradua.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by naptu2: 5:56pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

Because He Saw them as enemies, they didn't vote for him, just like you easterner didnt vote for bubu. OBJ concentrated on those that voted for him. North, South East & Soutj South. Tell me one landmark project executed by OBJ in his region?

Sunday Afolayan, Ganiyu Adekeye, Musiliu Smith, Tafa Balogun!!!

This is very funny.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Biglittlelois(f): 5:59pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

Because He Saw them as enemies, they didn't vote for him, just like you easterner didnt vote for bubu. OBJ concentrated on those that voted for him. North, South East & Soutj South. Tell me one landmark project executed by OBJ in his region?

Yet Balogun as IGP at his time was Yoruba, and pls, Yoruba voted for him, much more than those from SS and SE.

P.S I am not from the east.

5 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Sagtop: 6:00pm On May 27, 2021
Biglittlelois:

You are obviously a zombie, and your excuse is lame, but let me answer you, who the hell is complaining about religion here? Yet he OBJ picked a Muslim and Christian, he also picked from any region, not just a particular region, Bubu only picks a Northern Muslim, not just in COAS but everywhere, hope you get it now?

Your last line exposed u ans betrayed ur second line. Tell me if all i wrote here arent true. Your own Zombism, hatred for anything Buhari no get limit. Continue to wail till 2023
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Sosqui: 6:00pm On May 27, 2021
Your analogy is very wrong.
You should have listed all the Service Chiefs (Chief of Army, CDS, COA, CON, IGP) for the period.
Please don't justify Buhari nepotism because you are trying to justify your pay.

Sagtop:
HISTORY OF CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF APPOINTMENTS FROM 1999 TILL DATE

PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN AREMU OBASANJO

TENURE: 1999-2007
REGION: South West
STATE: Ogun State
RELIGION: Christian

HIS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFFS

1. VICTOR MALU
REGION: North Central
STATE: Benue State
TENURE: 1999 - 2001

2. ALEXANDER OGOMUDIA
REGION: South South
STATE: Delta State
TENURE: 2001 -2003

3. MARTIN LUTHER AGWAI
REGION: NORTH WEST
STATE: Kaduna State
TENURE: 2003 - 2006

4. OWOYE ANDREW AZAZI
STATE: Bayelsa State
TENURE: 2006 - 2007

PRESIDENT UMORU MUSA YARADUA

TENURE: 2007 - 2010
REGION: North West
STATE: Katsina State
RELIGION: MUSLIM

HIS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFFS

1. LUKA YUSUF
STATE: Kaduna State
TENURE: 2007 - 2008

2. ABDULRAHMAN BELLO DANBAZAU
RELIGION: Muslim
STATE: Kano State
TENURE: 2008 - 2010

PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN

TENURE: 2010 - 2015

HIS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFFS

1. AZUBUIKE IHEJIRIKA
REGION: South East
STATE: Abia State
TENURE: 2010 -2014

2. KENNETH MINIMAH
STATE: Rivers State
TENURE: 2014 - 2015

PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

TENURE: 2015 Till Date
STATE: Katsina State

HIS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFFS

1. TUKUR YUSUF BURATAI
REGION: North East
STATE: Borno State
TENURE: 2015 -2021

2. ATTAIRU IBRAHIM
STATE: Kaduna
TENURE: 2021 -2021

3. FAROUK YAHAYA
STATE: Zamfara
TENURE: 2021 Till Date.

STATISTICS FROM 1999 TILL DATE

PRESIDENT:

REGION: South - 2 North - 2
RELIGION: Christians - 2 Muslims - 2

CHIEFs OF ARMY STATE FROM 1999 Till Date

TOTAL NUMBER: 11

REGION:
South = 4
North = 7

RELIGION:
Christians = 7
Muslims = 4

LITTLE KNOWN FACTS: ���

President Olusegun Obasanjo Is The Only President Of Southern Origin That Appointed COAS From The NORTH.

President Umoru Musa Yaradua Is The Only Muslim President That Appointed Christian As His COAS

Both President Goodluck Jonathan & President Muhammadu Buhari Appointed COAS From Both Their Region & Their Religion.

Alhaji Abdulganiy Saad
A Blogger & Social Media Strategist
Writes From Ilorin

Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5584538151588160&id=100000960908020

2 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by duro4chang(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2021
Obasanjo Is exceptional, he did not choose anybody from south west as his COAS during his eigh year rule.

2 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Sagtop: 6:02pm On May 27, 2021
naptu2:

Sunday Afolayan, Ganiyu Adekeye, Musiliu Smith, Tafa Balogun!!!

This is very funny.

Should i list those Southern Christians appointed by Buhari tin his cabinet & other parastatals too or i should off the mic. Reply

I can list 50 to 100. wink
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2021
All this I know , Buhari (Cabal) will know no peace

The level of Nepotism is high, His Major appointment is from the north to the north ,

2 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Biglittlelois(f): 6:04pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

Your last line exposed u ans betrayed ur second line. Tell me if all i wrote here arent true. Your own Zombism, hatred for anything Buhari no get limit. Continue to wail till 2023

Betrayed my second line how? I am right same as everyone that Buhari is a nepotistic tribalistic bigot, you can keep lying to yourself that it ain't true that's your business,

And yes Buhari will remain till 2023, but bear it in mind that all the ills happening in Nigeria will touch everyone, including you his staunch zombie.

4 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by naptu2: 6:05pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

Should i list those Southern Christians appointed by Buhari tin his cabinet & other parastatals too or i should off the mic. Reply

Your attempt to change the subject when you are caught lying will not work. I never said anything about Buhari appointing Christians. I am addressing your obvious lies that Obasanjo did not appoint southern Muslims or South-Westerners into his government or into his security positions because they did not vote for him. That is a lie and you know it.

Sagtop:

Yes, But was never a fan of Southern Muslims

Sagtop:

2 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Biglittlelois(f): 6:08pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

If you list nonsensical posts that no one recognises and not key positions/appointments in the helm of affairs, or positions/appointments that has more ratio of northeners to other ethnic group/region in the country, then your list is trash, same as you.

4 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by poiZon: 6:10pm On May 27, 2021
epondudu:
They have avoided this beautiful thread like gonorrhea.
Bros u r economical with the truth..
Nobody is questioning where he chooses his chief of army staffs from, what they r questioning is the balancing.
Gej chooses ihejirika and minimah as coas, alex badeh was cds, we had sambo dasuki as national security adviser, the man from katsina was the comptroller heneral of customs, the igp were mostly occupied by northerners until when the edo man became the igp.
The entire security apparatus of the country wasnt in the hands of a particular region.
Minister of defense...bashir magaji
Nsa.. Mongonu
Customs.. Hameed ali
Immigration.. North
Prisons.. North
Nscdc.. North
Police.. North
Head of committee on small and light weapons proliferation.. North

4 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by naptu2: 6:16pm On May 27, 2021
Now I'm regretting.

It seems that there's some kind of campaign to distort facts and claim that President Obasanjo was sectional in his appointment of heads of the uniformed services in order to justify President Buhari's appointments.

There was a very similar thread a few weeks ago and after countering the nonsense on that thread, I wrote a list of the heads of all the uniformed services during Obasanjo's tenure and it was obvious that it cut across all sections of the country. I regret deleting that list, but I will compile it again.

However, as I wrote earlier, I believe that there is a deliberate campaign to distort facts and claim that President Obasanjo was sectional in his appointment of heads of the uniformed services in order to justify President Buhari's appointments. It can't be a coincidence that this thing keeps popping up. This was the last attempt.

Why Attack Buhari, All IGP During Obasanjo Tenure Were All Yorubas
https://www.nairaland.com/6497586/why-attack-buhari-all-igp

4 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 27, 2021
This is a dubious and myopic argument. Why not list also, the chiefs for air and naval staff, so that we can a wholesome scrutiny.
Half brain, idiotic, half educated and stup*d lot.
Spits

5 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by eldoradoxx: 6:18pm On May 27, 2021
Do an analysis of appointments made from 1999-2021 in all security agencies like Chief of Air Force, Chief of Naval, Chief of Defence, IG of Police, DG DSS, Comptroller General of Customs, of Prisons, of Immigration, Chairman of EFCC, Director of Military intelligence, NSCDC, Road Safety Corps Marshal, DG National Intelligence Agency, National Security Advisers and come up with accurate number of between North and South, Christians and Muslims who has benefitted more!

3 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by PstKRISS(m): 6:21pm On May 27, 2021
Please,can you give us the leaders of their entire security architecture?
Isolating just the COAS position shows that you are trying to paint a certain tribalistic and nepotistic president in a good light.And I say you are wrong OP.

3 Likes

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by NORSYK(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2021
Sagtop:

But this thread is all about COAS, go to twitter and see how children of anger are crucifying the President since he made the appointment. You guys needs to be schooled.

You cant change goal post. Tell me if this is not true.

This article is quite stupid to say the least. If you want to justify boo.hari's nepotism, at least trying and name all the service chiefs and their region and religion since 1999
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Franking: 6:29pm On May 27, 2021
epondudu:
They have avoided this beautiful thread like gonorrhea.

Meaning what? Does this justify the lopsided appointments?

Is Buhari not practicing nepotism? Go to the NNPC and then come back and talk. A region without a single drop of oil.

Some people just deserve to be given a very dirty slap.

1 Like

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Brimstone77: 6:29pm On May 27, 2021
And out of the 11 COAS only one is from the south east...

After one dullard from duara will be asking "what do the igbos want"

And his e-rats zombie warriors will be all over nairaland talking rubbish..
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by timesup234: 6:29pm On May 27, 2021
Both Christianity and Islam are slave religion. You all should stop being fools and idiots!
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by epondudu: 6:36pm On May 27, 2021
Franking:

Meaning what? Does this justify the lopsided appointments?

Is Buhari not practicing nepotism? Go to the NNPC and then come back and talk. A region without a single drop of oil.

Some people just deserve to be given a very dirty slap.
They have come for me ooo grin
Debunk the fact with fact call names pls.
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by bjtinz: 6:38pm On May 27, 2021
farmboyy:
OBJ appointed Luka Yusuf not Yaradua.

Wiki says otherwise

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by epondudu: 6:39pm On May 27, 2021
poiZon:

Bros u r economical with the truth..
Nobody is questioning where he chooses his chief of army staffs from, what they r questioning is the balancing.
Gej chooses ihejirika and minimah as coas, alex badeh was cds, we had sambo dasuki as national security adviser, the man from katsina was the comptroller heneral of customs, the igp were mostly occupied by northerners until when the edo man became the igp.
The entire security apparatus of the country wasnt in the hands of a particular region.
Minister of defense...bashir magaji
Nsa.. Mongonu
Customs.. Hameed ali
Immigration.. North
Prisons.. North
Nscdc.. North
Police.. North
Head of committee on small and light weapons proliferation.. North
All I see is hate, you people just hate the man.
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by DMerciful(m): 6:50pm On May 27, 2021
Appointed them to inconsequential positions you mean? Rubbish
PataAlhajaKeji:

South-west, actually and deservedly, has the highest percentage with respect to appointments by Buhari. He has appointed more Yorubas than his Hausa/Fulani people.

You can do your research and revert.

Stop misinforming Nairalanders.

Nonsense!
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by NaijaNaWaa: 7:05pm On May 27, 2021
Fallacy of obfuscation! Why not give full statistics of other Service Chiefs and Police from 1999 till date, then tally them.
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Korllami007: 7:07pm On May 27, 2021
epondudu:

All I see is hate, you people just hate the man.

People him because he provides 24 hours supply, good security, Nigerian are buying food at cheapest price ever, fuel price is 45 naira.

Tell me what average Nigerians should like about his.

May you life and the lives of your children be run the way buhari is running this country. Say amen if you know the government you are supporting is doing great.

1 Like

Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by Image123(m): 7:08pm On May 27, 2021
Hattbricker:
Obasanjo is truly a nationalist.

The nationalist that set Nigeria up for what it fell into.
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2021
powerbank29:

Joway 40,000mah powerbank

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4.

One year warranty

How much ??
Re: History Of Chief Of Army Staff Appointments From 1999 Till Date by colestephan86: 7:14pm On May 27, 2021
Hattbricker:
Obasanjo is truly a nationalist.
Beloved it or not, he remains the best democratically elected president so far, and jonathern remains the worst.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Called Amaechi "Lizard of Ubima" As Wike Defeated Him In His LGA / Oba Of Benin Commissions Olumide Akpata’s Project (Pictures) / Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.