Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation (32746 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Akere Motor Parts Market After Fire Incidence / Bullion Van Politicians Are After CBN - Atiku/Okowa Campaign / EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by mikylon(m): 9:01am On May 28, 2021
nedekid:

My fear is that someday these people can put focus on Dom acct and place restrictions. What if one goes to bank to withdraw and they say no dollar or pounds?

That is the reason I laugh at people who feel having there money in dollars and saved in a dom account here in nigeria insulates them from the devaluation troubles going on. CBN can just issue a statement tomorrow saying dom account operators can no longer access dollars but equivalent of naira at parallel market rate.
The best protection now is if one can have a foreign account and saves once money there.

1 Like

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by janetakan(f): 9:44am On May 28, 2021
LXG2:
If you have any plan of leaving this country this year, the earlier the better
and i hope you have tripled your hustle, because double is no longer enough.

The exchange rate is climbing and will soon get to #700. start taking steps to
make sure the money you need is complete. How do you make it complete
is by looking for other legit source of income.

Hit the link on my siggy and learn a skills and make serious money while doing so

You are making people download ebooks and lying it's a source of income? Smh.
Scam!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Nobody: 9:53am On May 28, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
I think Emefiele should be relief of the job for now, let's try someone else.

It’s the minister of finance that should go.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Nobody: 9:53am On May 28, 2021
Basically as oil prices drop the amount of revenue to buffer the naira will drop and with it the value of the naira

Which is what is happening now
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Donwised(m): 9:56am On May 28, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's already 500 naira. Throughout today, I looked everywhere to buy just 1k USD for less than 500 naira , no way! Everyone I met was offering to sell at 500 naira
where are you I have 1k to sell at 498
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by space9880: 9:59am On May 28, 2021
Naira losing value, buhari borrowing, looted funds being recovered, EFCC arresting Yahoo boys money, cars and properties are forfeited to the government yet money no still dey the country, fuel will soon sell for N385/L, Las Las this country will go into bankruptcy.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Donwised(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's already 500 naira. Throughout today, I looked everywhere to buy just 1k USD for less than 500 naira , no way! Everyone I met was offering to sell at 500 naira
I have 1k dollar to sell,am in Abuja
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Jiroville300: 10:07am On May 28, 2021
zolajpower:

No don't blame anyone
Blame the drunken sailor ...... If he had done well and didn't say corruption is not the same thing as stealing and leverage on yaradua's good governance we won't be here today .

can there be anything more foolish and insanely senseless than what you just portrayed yourself to be ? you ilks are the type that make the average Nigerian look like a push about without a moral compass .. so because of whatever stipends or favours you want to curry from the present government u come out to disgrace your entire lineage by quoting out of context a comment that has no correlation to our present predicament ... May you continue to be blind and remain deafen to the reality on ground and may this suffering you are currently enjoying so much never leave you and your household .. you sound like a deranged ethnic jingoist !!!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by zolajpower: 10:12am On May 28, 2021
Jiroville300:

can there be anything more foolish and insanely senseless than what my horrible father just portrayed himself to be ? His ilkes are the type that make the average Nigerian look like a push about without a moral compass .. so because of whatever stipends or favours you want to curry from the present government my old haggard father come out to disgrace his entire lineage by quoting out of context a comment that has no correlation to our present predicament ... May my harlot mother continue to be blind and remain deafen to the reality on ground and may this suffering my parents are currently enjoying so much never leave them and may my parents generational household .. my is still sounding like a deranged ethnic jingoist !!!
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by nedekid: 10:33am On May 28, 2021
mikylon:

That is the reason I laugh at people who feel having there money in dollars and saved in a dom account here in nigeria insulates them from the devaluation troubles going on. CBN can just issue a statement tomorrow saying dom account operators can no longer access dollars but equivalent of naira at parallel market rate.
The best protection now is if one can have a foreign account and saves once money there.
Truely, best way is to save abroad.
Its a pity due to fraud etc UK made it difficult for non resident to own proper accounts. Or do you have info that could be usefull?
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by mikylon(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2021
nedekid:

Truely, best way is to save abroad.
Its a pity due to fraud etc UK made it difficult for non resident to own proper accounts. Or do you have info that could be usefull?

Honestly I have no idea on how to go about it from nigeria, except one travels over there ( USA/UK/CANADA) on vacation, then you can open the account

1 Like

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Jiroville300: 4:34pm On May 28, 2021
[quote author=zolajpower post=102135744][/quote]

utterly disgusting demented slow poke !!!! GTFOH
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Jiroville300: 4:36pm On May 28, 2021
[quote author=zolajpower post=102135744]

can there be anything more foolish and insanely senseless than what my horrible father just portrayed himself to be ? His ilkes are the type that make the average Nigerian look like a push about without a moral compass .. so because of whatever stipends or favours you want to curry from the present government my old haggard father come out to disgrace his entire lineage by quoting out of context a comment that has no correlation to our present predicament ... May my harlot mother continue to be blind and remain deafen to the reality on ground and may this suffering my parents are currently enjoying so much never leave them and may my parents generational household .. my is still sounding like a deranged ethnic jingoist !!!

@zolajpower You are an utterly demented slow poke
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 28, 2021
zolajpower:

HH

You are a very stup!d as you fo0lishly thought Buhari will bring succour to you in 2015. You deserve whatever Buhari is doing y'all. B@satard who thought Buhari will change his behaviour notwithstanding his antecedents dating back to 1984!

Cretinous fvcktard!
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 28, 2021
mikylon:

That's going the Argentina's and Lebanon's way, which I believe will be done most likely six months to the 2023 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by zolajpower: 6:13pm On May 28, 2021
NaotoKan:

Dad You are a very stup!d as you fo0lishly thought Buhari will bring succour to you in 2015. Dad You deserve whatever Buhari is doing y'all and mom that nympho of a mother . B@satard daddy who thought Buhari will change his behaviour notwithstanding his antecedents dating back to 1984!

I have always regretted in having you as a dad Cretinous fvcktard papa!
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by zolajpower: 6:17pm On May 28, 2021
[quote author=Jiroville300 post=102144614][/quote] undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation by ideynl1: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Oya na

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London / Shola Ladoja Proposes To Amena On Her Birthday (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Seriously Ill In Prison, Loses Blood - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.