Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

My First Trial At UI Design - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My First Trial At UI Design (4413 Views)

You Will Find Everything About Ux/ui Design Here / Ui Design Internship Needed / UX/UI Design Pro In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
PROTOTYPE

Positive Criticism..

1. Pages are too plain all the way to the Sign In window. Just dragged and dropped UI kits. No actual design.

2. Designs kick in after Sign In. Nice layout. Button sizes are bit too wide and basic. Style the buttons, customise them. They look very bootstrap

3. Play with gradients and add a bit of fun to your background. Don't keep it regular

4. Play with colors. Especially Pantone Web safe colours

You are gonna be very good I can already tell. You just need more work. Put in 6-8hrs a day.

I started with 9-16hrs. Lol. Sometimes 24hrs+. And I lost a lot of weight in the process eating quick food. That's how i usually learn something i am extremely desperate to learn.
Lock yourself indoors for days. And go at it.

It changed my perspective and the results today are amazing

4 Likes

Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by missimelda01(f): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
WUdec:
For a beginner, this is good.

You have a lot of potential. Just look for a way to design off a Nigerian standpoint.

Always compare your work to Nigerian standards and if they look Nigerian...brush it all off and start all over until you start thinking beyond the box and looking beyond the box

A lot of Nigerian designs lack creativity, whitespace, typography and simplicity. Too much clutter, same colors, bordered or one-style design patterns. They don't like to break the rules.

The best designers in the world design like they are on crack cocaine. Meaning...they design with crazy thoughts inside their heads.

Lastly, have people you look up to. They will give you a lot to live up to.

Look forward to seeing more of your work
Thank you. Can I send you a PM?

1 Like

Re: My First Trial At UI Design by missimelda01(f): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
WUdec:
PROTOTYPE

Positive Criticism..

1. Pages are too plain all the way to the Sign In window. Just dragged and dropped UI kits. No actual design.

2. Designs kick in after Sign In. Nice layout. Button sizes are bit too wide and basic. Style the buttons, customise them. They look very bootstrap

3. Play with gradients and add a bit of fun to your background. Don't keep it regular

You are gonna be very good I can already tell. You just need more work. Put in 6-8hrs a day.

I started with 9-16hrs. Lol. Sometimes 24hrs+. And I lost a lot of weight in the process eating quick food. That's how i usually learn something i am extremely desperate to learn.

I really appreciate this feedback, it’s been months since I did this design and trust me I’ve grown, I still have a lot to learn though but I can do better now. Thank you again.

1 Like

Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
missimelda01:

Thank you. Can I send you a PM?

Of course you can. You can send me a link to your new pieces as well, would be nice to see your progress. Behance or Dribbble
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by missimelda01(f): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
WUdec:

Of course you can. You can send me a link to your new pieces as well, would be nice to see your progress. Behance or Dribbble

I sent a PM but I’m still confused about what happened because the email was also sent to my inbox embarassed

Let me know if you got it too.
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2021
missimelda01:

I sent a PM but I’m still confused about what happened because the email was also sent to my inbox embarassed

Let me know if you got it too.

Seen. Check mail
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by SamuelLoch: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Volkswagen90:
pls how can covert corel draw format to jpeg or any photo format. any software?

Just seeing this now... Fixed?
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by arthurwillia(m): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
missimelda01:
So I started learning UI/UX design in March and I’m proud to say that I’ve completed my first project. It’s an online clothing donation app, it took me about 2 months to do proper research, sketches, and then the Hi-Fi prototype.

Product designers in the building, what do you think about it? Constructive criticism is welcomed.

And pleaseee mods help me get this to a wider audience...I need an internship role to kickstart my career in tech embarassed . Thank youu

Attached below is the prototype link..just incase you want to interact with the design.

https://www.figma.com/proto/00EfxpxGcVAfGt3KHVXxgS/LO-FI%2FHI-FI-Prototype?node-id=150%3A373&scaling=fit-width

Did you design it with a laptop?
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
SamuelLoch:

Just seeing this now... Fixed?
no still need solution
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by SamuelLoch: 7:00am On Aug 25, 2021
Volkswagen90:
no still need solution
Okay. Can you describe what you need a solution to?
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2021
SamuelLoch:

Okay. Can you describe what you need a solution to?
how can i covert cdr file to jpeg? any software for that
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by SamuelLoch: 2:06am On Aug 26, 2021
Volkswagen90:
how can i covert cdr file to jpeg? any software for that

https://www.zamzar.com/converters/image/cdr-to-jpg/
https://convertio.co/cdr-jpg/

If this doesn't work

Do you have CorelDraw on your PC?
if no, upload the file to Google drive and share me the link... I'd export and paste in the Google Drive folder for you to download
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by teejnation(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2021
Awesome �. Pls where can commence Ui/Ux as a beginner? Will really appreciate
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Willmichael(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Here's what I think you need, just go through the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/6706794/tips-tricks-design-ui-ux#104895921

teejnation:
Awesome �. Pls where can commence Ui/Ux as a beginner? Will really appreciate
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by StylesX: 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
Willmichael:

That's good!

Congrats. I quit when my design wasn't accepted. I'm currently on 2 design scholarships tho. One with Google UX Design Certificate Course
How did you get those scholarships?

1 Like

Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Effulgent(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
WUdec:
PROTOTYPE

Positive Criticism..

Boss I fit send you PM? make I show you my stuffs and how I can also improve, still a beginner
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Willmichael(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
I talked about it somewhere in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6706794/tips-tricks-design-ui-ux/5#107482457

StylesX:
How did you get those scholarships?
Re: My First Trial At UI Design by Nobody: 6:13am On May 06, 2022
Effulgent:

Boss I fit send you PM? make I show you my stuffs and how I can also improve, still a beginner

Sorry I got your mail late as I have been offline for 4-5 months now. Sure you can

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Nigerian Animated Music Video Release / Graffiti(photoshop) / Top Tier Graphic Design. Come Get Some!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.