Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! (1018 Views)

TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? / These Cars Will Stop Being Produced After 2022 / Why Do People Like Penny Wise Pounds Foolish Actions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:34am On May 28, 2021
When it comes to your safety on the road, 3 factors account for that.
1. Your driving habit/decisions on the road
2. Other road user driving habit/decisions.
3. Your tyres, which is the reason for this article.
Your tyres are the connection between your vehicle and the road, hence why the decision you take while purchasing it might make/mar you.
From my experience, there are 5 classes of tyres in Nigeria according to their prices and value.
CATEGORY A (High quality brand new tyres): This are the best form of tyres to go for if you can afford it, though our country's current economic situation makes it difficult for most vehicle users to afford them. Most of this tyres come from reputable brands and are usually made from countries perceived to have high standards of production. The prices of this class of tyres could be as much as #40,000 - #45,000 per unit for the lowest and much more subject to the size of the tyre.
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:36am On May 28, 2021
CATEGORY B (Lower quality brand new tyres): To be able to meet the demands of vehicle users who can't afford the prices of category A, importers tend to compromise on quality of materials and bring in tyres that are cheaper in prices. Yes, they might do the job too, but I bet you they won't be as durable as the former. Thread wear would happen faster and tyres could get damaged easily on a bad road. Prices could vary from #20000- #25,000 for the lowest sizes. Now, here's the thing, if it ought to take you 24months depending on usage though to replace category A tyres, know that you will might be replacing category B in 12 months or thereabout also subject to usage. By so doing, it would have cost you more on the long run. That's if you don't have tyre burst on the highway, hence putting your life in danger.
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:37am On May 28, 2021
CATEGORY C ( grade A high quality foreign used tyres): Now here's the thing, I understand a lot of people especially above average folks believe anything foreign used are condemned or things that are of no more value to the user overseas, you're so wrong Sir/ma. This category of tyres are high quality tyres, some can even be mistaken for category A tyres if washed and packaged. Some resellers even pratice this act to unsuspecting members of the public. Truth is, this category will give you the value or close to the value category A tyre offers though a cheaper option. Prices could be as low as #10,000 also subject to sizes. This sets of tyres mostly come in sets of 4 or 5( including spare). They are usually bought from vehicle owners who wants to sell their cars for parts. They come in rims too, but the rims are removed and sold separately overhere. You can never go wrong with this category
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:38am On May 28, 2021
CATEGORY D (grade B high quality foreign used tyres): This share similarities with category C but will not serve as much as it. Major reason is in the thread marks. While category C do come in full thread marks that will last very long, category D comes in average conditions. You'll get a handful of this as toks grade A in the market but they're not it. Prices are cheaper when compared to category C and you could get them for as low as #7000 - #8000 and much more subject to tire size.
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:40am On May 28, 2021
Category E ( condemned foreign used tyres): This sets of tyres as been classified condemned/unfit for usage from countries of Origin. They're imported here and sold as toks. Though, if you do a thorough search, you might get one/two that might serve you but it is always an herculean task if you're of high standard and wouldn't compromise. The sellers would most likely convince you to buy from them even if they are obviously bad. Some of this tyres have even been reworked to look catchy to the eyes of unsuspecting buyers.This sets of tyres always come in bundles of 5-6 tyres squizzed together which might have affected the structure of the tyres as regards safety. This act is to enable the importers bring in more tyres at a cheaper clearing cost. Prices could go as low as #4000- #5000 and much more also subject to size. Most local vulcanizers purchase this sets, to be resold to customers who want cheap tyres. You might end up changing tyres every 2-3months, and if unlucky tyres might burst on highway due to weakness
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:42am On May 28, 2021
If you can afford a Car of 2m and above, Why go for cheap tyres and endanger your life, that of your loved ones and other road users. Its not worth it! Buy quality tyres.
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by ZhyonKross(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2021
emmancecute:
CATEGORY C ( grade A high quality foreign used tyres): Now here's the thing, I understand a lot of people especially above average folks believe anything foreign used are condemned or things that are of no more value to the user overseas, you're so wrong Sir/ma. This category of tyres are high quality tyres, some can even be mistaken for category A tyres if washed and packaged. Some resellers even pratice this act to unsuspecting members of the public. Truth is, this category will give you the value or close to the value category A tyre offers though a cheaper option. Prices could be as low as #10,000 also subject to sizes. This sets of tyres mostly come in sets of 4 or 5( including spare). They are usually bought from vehicle owners who wants to sell their cars for parts. They come in rims too, but the rims are removed and sold separately overhere. You can never go wrong with this category

Where can I get these grades I'm based in Owerri imo state, please
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2021
ZhyonKross:

Where can I get these grades I'm based in Owerri imo state, please
reach me 08139665811, whats app preferably

1 Like

Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 12:41am On May 29, 2021
Buy good tyres
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by ZhyonKross(m): 2:53am On May 29, 2021
emmancecute:
reach me 08139665811, whats app preferably

It's ok
Re: Stop Being Penny Wise Pound Foolish! by emmancecute(m): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
225/70R16. Good year, All season, made in USA. Not for the faint hearted though. Comes with 2020 manufacture date

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Think It'd Cost To Fix This / Anyone With A First-hand Experience On Honda Civic 2008? / How Reliable Is Camry (big Daddy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.