Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria (24338 Views)

Rev Ezekiel's Burial: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Ukpai, Wale Oke, Okonkwo Attend / Wale Oke: God Killed UNILAG Lecturer Who Demanded Sex From My Daughter / Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by AntiChristian: 1:21am On May 30, 2021
CharlotteFlair:
You can now detonate your bomb in the market.

How many of your kin have been killed by bomb?
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by CharlotteFlair: 6:58am On May 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

How many of your kin have been killed by bomb?
My kin? Only those who live by the swords shall fall on it
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by drlateef: 7:11am On May 30, 2021
BSdetector:

The Yoruba nation isn't a mockery..... Bishop wale is only airing his opinions and isn't a policy maker but a pastor...Muslims are actually free to practice their laws within themselves if they wish not to involve state law enforcement same with christians......the state law can only supersede if they involve the state or it's between a muslim and a christian.
Life isn't hard, people only make it hard.

That bishop is not speaking for himself. The PFN umbrella body for Christians has also opposed sharia in southwest for Muslims. Go and read it. It is real. And these bunch want to be our neighbours in a Yoruba Nation? Nonsense.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by orunto27: 7:49am On May 30, 2021
SUPPORTED.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by orunto27: 7:54am On May 30, 2021
SUPPORTED.

NEITHER THE JEWS NOR THE ARABS CAN TEACH THE YORUBAS THE WAYS TO OLODUMARE.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by orunto27: 7:56am On May 30, 2021
SUPPORTED.

NEITHER THE JEWS NOR THE ARABS CAN TEACH THE YORUBAS THE WAYS TO OLODUMARE.

ODUDUWA IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by BeansAndBread(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

This was ur initial statement which I debunked by sharing those pages with you then you jumped to the question of majority. I hope you realise both Mali and Senegal have fulani presidents presently.

This doesn't concern me, prove from history that those Senegalese and Malians that brought Islam to Nigeria were Fulani. This is all I'm asking you, those countries can have whatever tribe as president, that's their business, I've asked you a simple task. You didn't debunk anything rather showed your ignorance, and for you to think all the empires of Mali and Senegal were fulani shows you're super ignorant!

I'm waiting tho

Besides, statistics wise, there are more Fulani per person in Mali and Senegal than you have Yoruba in Nigeria. Yoruba are about 15% while Fulani are 16 and 17 in both countries. So obviously if Yoruba with 15% can be a majority tribe in Nigeria, how much more 16% and 17%?

WTH is this one saying? Who taught you statistics? grin How can you imply 20% are the majority? Hausas are majority of Nigeria, Wolof people are the majority in Senegal and it's the major language spoken and this happens to transcend to nearby Gambia. In Mali, Mande people are the overwhelming majority, just to push your rubbish, you wanna make a minority majority? grin grin

The late waziri of Ilorin olusola saraki when asked of his ancestry claimed his forbears were fulani Islamic scholars who came from Mali to teach Islam in Ilorin.

If for the sake of argument, we accept this, are you saying only the Saraki family spread Islam to the whole Yorùbáland? grin That aside, there's no evidence for this as people postulated that Olusola made this statements to cement his foothold in Ilorin. And people who are close to the family claim they're of Egba origin and this is the case with majority of families in Ilorin, they're all settlers because Ilorin was similar to a camp and you'd find people from different parts of Yorùbáland and beyond. The Ajikobi family originated from Iseyin for instance, don't say things you don't know bro grin

But that's not all. Like I told you, if Islam was brought to Yoruba land from Mali, then every evidence of culture and social assimilation point to the fulani as the agents.

I didn't dispute this, did I? What I'm disputing is you automatically claiming Malians are Fulanis when not all of them are, plus those who brought Islam to us were traders and there's no evidence they were Fulanis. Stop using Saraki case because the Saraki family mentioned 200 years ago, and Islam in Yorùbá land was way present before 200 years lol

For example, fulani emir exists in Ilorin and other places in the north. So if you as Yoruba Muslims accept the authority of the sultan to sight the moon on your behalf and give spiritual direction as the supreme authority on Islamic affairs, it's because you recognise that they colonised you.

The emir of Ilorin was placed by Yorùbás, the vast majority of the kingmakers of Ilorin are Yorùbás. And we depending on the Sultan is because he's the leader of Nigerian Muslims, in Islam we pay attention to the rulers because they unite the people. We don't care about tribe as that's secondary, I know you wouldn't understand this as tribalism has fried your braincells and the religion you hold on to has made you subservient to your British masters.

It's even very funny. You accuse Christianity of being a product of slavery. Yet Nigerian Christian pastors are all over the UK leading churches.

I didn't lie na, Christianity spread into Yorùbáland after we were defeated by the British, this same British then gave you guys the religion and you accepted. You accepted the religion of your conquerors and till date you're subservient to this religion from your British masters, not only that, all those that spread the religion were either former slaves or descendents of slaves. What more do you need? grin

Come and show me chief imam of a mosque in Kano who is Yoruba. An average Hausa wouldn't even allow you to lead him in prayers cause he sees you as lesser Muslim to him. What bigger slavery exists than that.

If you actually went to the north you wouldn't be talking like a retard, in Kano they speak Hausa, do you think they'll allow an Imam that can't communicate in the local language? How Hausa do you see leading in Yorùbá mosque? I speak Hausa and I've lead prayer and preached to Hausas, there's nothing there. Go mssn in Abu Zaria and you'd find Yorùbás who are the Amir. In case you don't know, mssn in all institutions in Nigeria including North was established by Yoruba Muslims, Alhaji Abdullateef Adegbite. And till date the northerners follow it.

When will a Yoruba become chairman of NSCIA?

The head is the Sultan, following him is a Yorùbá man and following the Yorùbá is an Igbo Muslim grin

You guys gleefully complain about the transatlantic slave trade while you conveniently ignore the trans-saharan slave trade that was majorly carried out by your Muslim superiors which you remain subservient to spiritual wise till today.

LMAO grin The trans saharan slave was entirely different from the transatlantic, many of those who were doing the enslaving were black people, unlike the other which was white enslaving black. And Islam allows slavery only true warfare, so whatever happened then is condemned. But this argument can't work here because transsahara slave trade was majorly in east africa against bantu tribes (who also engaged in expansion that killed thousands)

Like I already told you and you can't argue, no one forced them to go to the school. If they didn't want to be "forcefully converted" they could have avoided missionary schools all together.

Those schools aren't missionary school mate, even if they were, I thought we were one regardless of religion? Or you telling me you don't have Muslim members in your households who were Hijabs? If you don't pull it from them at home, why then pull from children? Hypocrites!

Is that not what Boko haram is fighting for? Why do you want Sharia but want to attend missionary schools? Should you not first fight for Muslim children to attend quraniyya schools first before fighting for Sharia? What manner of hypocrisy is dis?

I'm sensing you're crying already, stop crying, it's just a discussion. We attend govt schools, I wouldn't advice any Muslim to attend missionary schools as there equally good islamic schools now. Those schools aren't missionary schools the moment Muslim taxpayers are used for it.

And yes. Christians wear choir robes to school for harvest thanksgiving, mass and other spiritual programs.

You wanna play fast one abi? No Christian school allows children wear choir robes to class to study, if there are any, give me proofs and you'd get £100. I'm not talking about Thanksgiving or spiritual programs, those aren't class activities mate.

So ansarudeen should allow them wear those robes on such days if they want to be what you claim they are.

Ansarudeen doesn't even allow Muslims wear jalabia and other type of clothings, so why should they allow choir robes on your special day? Are you dense?

Pls show me pictures of Christians wearing berets in ansarudeen schools. Which Christian will even allow his children go to ansarudeen with their very low standards when compared to missionary schools which y'all lust after.

Dumb dumb, Ansarudeen schools aren't Islamic missionary schools anymore, they've been collected and are managed by the Govt and so anyone is allowed to attend. And I've attached screenshots from two Ansarudeen schools in different States

You Yoruba Muslims are just suffering from inferiority complex. You want to attend missionary school but want to wear hijab. Same way one girl was called to the bar and wanted to wear hijab when we've had a female CJN from the core Muslim North who never wore hijab under her wig. Talk about looking to be more Muslim than Shekau.

Yes, we wanna wear hijab in government schools not missionary schools because we know y'all are bigots and we would fight you with everything.

We don't care about any northern cjn, we are Muslims and we wanna follow our religion to the core. We not here to please anyone, so cry me a river

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by Encyclopedia1: 11:41pm On May 30, 2021
mofedamijo:

I don't live in Nigeria for now. I looked up the said Jaiz bank and it has just 27 branches in Nigeria, also, their capital is not enough to pay Gtbank staffs salary in a year. A bank that has 27 branches in Nigeria when First bank has over 700........Whatever the case, the said banking came about by Sanusi...

Now I am talking about South West Nigeria, not the Federal government. Take a look at the present Governors. Lagos state past and present Governors are Christians, Ogun state Governor is a Christian, Ondo state Governor is a Christian, Ekiti state Governor is a Christian, Oyo state Governor is a Christian, Only Osun state has a Muslim Governor in South West. Did you hear anything or anybody complaining about it? Even if a Muslim replaces any of the Christian Governors tomorrow, there will be no noise about it.

That is how grounded and highly tolerant and United the South West is.

Despite the Sharia Law practiced in the North, fornication, Adultery, Drug abuse etc is the order of the day there.

SHARIA LAW CAN GO TO HELL.....

https://allafrica.com/stories/202008070612.html

Goodbye..... Enjoy your day.

Obviously you have lost touch of Nigeria and it's politics. So, the governors being christians will stop a bill from flying? Lobatan. Bros, wake up. This is not about religion, this is about what people want.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by mhmsadyq(m): 6:28am On May 31, 2021
mofedamijo:

I don't live in Nigeria for now. I looked up the said Jaiz bank and it has just 27 branches in Nigeria, also, their capital is not enough to pay Gtbank staffs salary in a year. A bank that has 27 branches in Nigeria when First bank has over 700........Whatever the case, the said banking came about by Sanusi...

Now I am talking about South West Nigeria, not the Federal government. Take a look at the present Governors. Lagos state past and present Governors are Christians, Ogun state Governor is a Christian, Ondo state Governor is a Christian, Ekiti state Governor is a Christian, Oyo state Governor is a Christian, Only Osun state has a Muslim Governor in South West. Did you hear anything or anybody complaining about it? Even if a Muslim replaces any of the Christian Governors tomorrow, there will be no noise about it.

That is how grounded and highly tolerant and United the South West is.

Despite the Sharia Law practiced in the North, fornication, Adultery, Drug abuse etc is the order of the day there.

SHARIA LAW CAN GO TO HELL.....

https://allafrica.com/stories/202008070612.html

Goodbye..... Enjoy your day.

You are not even in Nigeria. This still didn't stoppped you from opposing what the Muslims, you love to hate, want.

This is how Christians have been fooling the Muslims of the South west.

The South west is tolerant and united, yet the Muslims cannot get what they desire because the Christians say, No.

For your information, apart from Jaiz bank, several other banks have the Islamic banking incorporated among their services. It is because of Islam haters like you, they aren't mouthing it.
You can walk in and ask for their Islamic banking services.

Have you had of Taj bank?

We shall get there, Insha Allah!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by mhmsadyq(m): 6:40am On May 31, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Thank me later. I hope you know Fulani are the most itinerant tribe with colonisation in their blood.
Secondly, let's assume you're right Muslim were forced to change their names and religion to attend missionary schools. You need to know that going to school was not by force then. There was no constitution that guaranteed rightful or mandatory schooling then. It's called prerequisite. Just as you have to pass common entrance and cut your hair to attend some female schools then. It was never by force. It was a choice. You either shape in or ship out. The Muslims could have attended quraniyya schools instead. No one will arrest them for it.

Oga, when did 17.8% and 16% become a majority in a country where there is tribe a tribe with 41.3% and 50%?
This your statistic na big lie!
You wan win argument by all means?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by mhmsadyq(m): 6:44am On May 31, 2021
BeansAndBread:

This doesn't concern me, prove from history that those Senegalese and Malians that brought Islam to Nigeria were Fulani. This is all I'm asking you, those countries can have whatever tribe as president, that's their business, I've asked you a simple task. You didn't debunk anything rather showed your ignorance, and for you to think all the empires of Mali and Senegal were fulani shows you're super ignorant!

I'm waiting tho

WTH is this one saying? Who taught you statistics? grin How can you imply 20% are the majority? Hausas are majority of Nigeria, Wolof people are the majority in Senegal and it's the major language spoken and this happens to transcend to nearby Gambia. In Mali, Mande people are the overwhelming majority, just to push your rubbish, you wanna make a minority majority? grin grin

If for the sake of argument, we accept this, are you saying only the Saraki family spread Islam to the whole Yorùbáland? grin That aside, there's no evidence for this as people postulated that Olusola made this statements to cement his foothold in Ilorin. And people who are close to the family claim they're of Egba origin and this is the case with majority of families in Ilorin, they're all settlers because Ilorin was similar to a camp and you'd find people from different parts of Yorùbáland and beyond. The Ajikobi family originated from Iseyin for instance, don't say things you don't know bro grin

I didn't dispute this, did I? What I'm disputing is you automatically claiming Malians are Fulanis when not all of them are, plus those who brought Islam to us were traders and there's no evidence they were Fulanis. Stop using Saraki case because the Saraki family mentioned 200 years ago, and Islam in Yorùbá land was way present before 200 years lol

The emir of Ilorin was placed by Yorùbás, the vast majority of the kingmakers of Ilorin are Yorùbás. And we depending on the Sultan is because he's the leader of Nigerian Muslims, in Islam we pay attention to the rulers because they unite the people. We don't care about tribe as that's secondary, I know you wouldn't understand this as tribalism has fried your braincells and the religion you hold on to has made you subservient to your British masters.

I didn't lie na, Christianity spread into Yorùbáland after we were defeated by the British, this same British then gave you guys the religion and you accepted. You accepted the religion of your conquerors and till date you're subservient to this religion from your British masters, not only that, all those that spread the religion were either former slaves or descendents of slaves. What more do you need? grin

If you actually went to the north you wouldn't be talking like a retard, in Kano they speak Hausa, do you think they'll allow an Imam that can't communicate in the local language? How Hausa do you see leading in Yorùbá mosque? I speak Hausa and I've lead prayer and preached to Hausas, there's nothing there. Go mssn in Abu Zaria and you'd find Yorùbás who are the Amir. In case you don't know, mssn in all institutions in Nigeria including North was established by Yoruba Muslims, Alhaji Abdullateef Adegbite. And till date the northerners follow it.

The head is the Sultan, following him is a Yorùbá man and following the Yorùbá is an Igbo Muslim grin

LMAO grin The trans saharan slave was entirely different from the transatlantic, many of those who were doing the enslaving were black people, unlike the other which was white enslaving black. And Islam allows slavery only true warfare, so whatever happened then is condemned. But this argument can't work here because transsahara slave trade was majorly in east africa against bantu tribes (who also engaged in expansion that killed thousands)

Those schools aren't missionary school mate, even if they were, I thought we were one regardless of religion? Or you telling me you don't have Muslim members in your households who were Hijabs? If you don't pull it from them at home, why then pull from children? Hypocrites!

I'm sensing you're crying already, stop crying, it's just a discussion. We attend govt schools, I wouldn't advice any Muslim to attend missionary schools as there equally good islamic schools now. Those schools aren't missionary schools the moment Muslim taxpayers are used for it.

You wanna play fast one abi? No Christian school allows children wear choir robes to class to study, if there are any, give me proofs and you'd get £100. I'm not talking about Thanksgiving or spiritual programs, those aren't class activities mate.

Ansarudeen doesn't even allow Muslims wear jalabia and other type of clothings, so why should they allow choir robes on your special day? Are you dense?

Dumb dumb, Ansarudeen schools aren't Islamic missionary schools anymore, they've been collected and are managed by the Govt and so anyone is allowed to attend. And I've attached screenshots from two Ansarudeen schools in different States

Yes, we wanna wear hijab in government schools not missionary schools because we know y'all are bigots and we would fight you with everything.

We don't care about any northern cjn, we are Muslims and we wanna follow our religion to the core. We not here to please anyone, so cry me a river

Jazakallahu Khairan.
I wish we continue to have conscious Muslims in the South west.

The Christians have fooled Us with fake love for too long.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:52am On May 31, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Oga, when did 17.8% and 16% become a majority in a country where there is tribe a tribe with 41.3% and 50%?
If you're ignorant, try and disabuse the ignorance before accusing someone of lying. Yoruba are a majority tribe in Nigeria. Yet they account for only 15% of the population.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:20pm On May 31, 2021
mhmsadyq:

So you'll agree then if I say Yoruba with 15% are not a majority tribe in Nigeria?
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:43pm On May 31, 2021
BeansAndBread:

I'm waiting tho

Stop spreading lies. I've searched on the internet for your so-called picture and I can't find it anywhere on the net. Can you provide a link?

You seem to be confused by my English which is why I asked you a question which you skillfully side-stepped. Let me ask you again and I want a straight answer from you. Are the Yoruba a minority or majority tribe in Nigeria. Yes or No? Your initial claim was that Senegalese and Malians are not Fulanis. After I showed you with facts that they are, you jumped into the realm of majority. It's obvious you just want to argue even if you're pointless.

Again, you are the one claiming that the Mali and Senegalese that colonized you with Islam are not Fulanis. I've shown you evidence of your subservience to them. Yet you ask for me to disprove a statement you have not proven. Good you are familiar with Saraki's claim. You can go and argue at his grave. What is obvious is he said he came to teach you guys Islam and that he's from Mali and he's Fulani. Also, Fulani from the Northern part of Nigeria who are majorly Guineans and Malians have always said they taught you guys Islam and are therefore your benefactors. Why then do you shy away from your masters who sight the moon on your behalf.

Islam in Yorubaland is more than 200 years old? Another lie to make your stomach sweet. The Fulanis gave you Islam. Learn to live with it. No need to feel bigger than your masters.

Hehehehe. The Emir of Ilorin was placed there by Yorubas!! What manner of revisionism is this? You mean the Yorubas in Sokoto are the ones who turbaned the Emir of Ilorin? grin Even your Emir in Iwo recently alluded to the authority and superiority of the Sokoto sultanate. So what the hell are you lying for? And who made the Sultan the ruler of Nigerian Muslims? Why not the Alaafin of Oyo or is he not a traditional ruler? Besides, what is the correlation of traditional rulership with islam that you Muslims "respect" when its obvious all those traditional stools are products of our traditional religions? Stop deceiving yourself abeg!!

You're just clowning around. If the British came to impose their religion on us in the name of colonialism as you claim, may I ask how you came to be a muslim and the north was able to sustain its Islamic colouration throughout the about 90 years of colonialism. Or do you mean islam defeated colonialism? This commonsense question should show you that Christianity was never forced on anyone through colonialism the way Islam was through Jihad cause if it had been so, the large majority of West Africans would have been Christians because the major colonial powers in West Africa were Christian countries. Christianity spread through offering people a better life not through forceful assimilation via Jihad. Let me also tell you. Ahmadu Bello as Premier of Northern Nigeria had a very open, brutal and unapologetic islamization policy which converted about 100k people in his first year in office. This was not present in the Southern regions led by Obafemi Awolowo and Nnamdi Azikiwe, two christians. Yet to you, it was the Christians who were forcefully converting people.

You are just deceiving yourself. You as a Yoruba can't lead prayer in a Nupe man's presence not to talk of Hausa. Quote me anywhere. Who gives a Bleep about a wannabe MSSN. How many northerners reckon with MSSN. It's just like claiming NASFAT is well recognized in the north. I lived in and know the north very well. The average northern muslim sees you as fake Muslims, munafiqs. Stop forming familiarity with them. They only regard you when it's time to use you for their nefarious ends just as they use the minorities in the north, Who is the ACF chairman now? Audu Ogbeh. Before him Paul Unongo and before him, Sunday Awoniyi. All Christians. I'm sure a gullible soul like you will say northern muslims see northern Christians as one with them. grin grin No wonder you want sharia. Let me warn you. The end product of sharia is always terrorism. In the SW Muslims, we know we have some extremists. But they are not so bold because of the moderates who fall in the majority. The day sharia becomes a law in the SW, that's the day those extremists get emboldened, just as it happened with BH.

Ignoramus. The trans-Saharan slave trade was mostly carried out by Arabs. That was part of how they also spread your islam.

What nonsense are you saying now? Those schools weren't missionary school? So who built them? You lie too much just like you god Muhammad. Suddenly you remember we are one. If we are one why do you want a separate rule for yourself different from others. Is that not a sign of a divided house?

Keep quiet. You can't choose for us what to wear. Christians wear choir robes to school for harvest thanksgiving. What you said is I should give you example of Christian students wearing choir robes to school. Now I've given you and as usual, you've shifted the goalpost to wearing it everyday. Lol. You are so unstable. I don't need your 100 pounds o. Not like you have it anyway.

And quit with the lie of muslim students' names being changed by missionaries. It's a capital lie. It never happened. Yoruba muslims with your unfortunate victim mentality were not the only muslims who attended missionary schools. Farooq Kperogi did too and no one changed his name. Same with the late CJN Idris Kutigi and no one changed his name too. Why only you guys? Are you naturally unfortunate or something?

Here's the deal. If you want sharia in the SW. Then we will also have canon laws and the traditionalists will live according to the dictates of Ifa Orunmila too. Christian courts headed by Bishops will exists as well as Babalawo courts too. You can't claim a monopoly of madness.

If Otto von Bismarck a Christian could see wisdom in separating church from state which is the harbinger of secularist freedom we now enjoy, how come you guys want to drag everyone back to the stone age of religious governments.

If such exists, do you think we would have mosques in Europe which you all love to tout as evidence of expansion of Islam? Even you, if religion was to be a state affair, there is no way you would be a muslim. You will have to be a pagan. Because that's what your forefathers were. It's because your forefathers just like Otto van Bismarck were smart enough to not make religion a raison d'etre of a society but instead make it a personal thing, that your grandfather could afford to stop worshipping Esu and Eledumare but instead started worshipping Allah and Mohammed without anyone molesting him. In other words, Islam has actually made you worse than your forefathers. Think about that!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by mhmsadyq(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

If you're ignorant, try and disabuse the ignorance before accusing someone of lying. Yoruba are a majority tribe in Nigeria. Yet they account for only 15% of the population.

In relation to other tribes that are less than 15% of the population.

But in relation to other tribes that are more than 15%, of the population, Yoruba is not a majority.

Yoruba is one of the majority tribes is appropriate.
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:25pm On May 31, 2021
mhmsadyq:

In relation to other tribes that are less than 15% of the population.

But in relation to other tribes that are more than 15%, of the population, Yoruba is not a majority.

Yoruba (Fulani) is one of the majority tribes is appropriate.

You have said it how you understand it. So apply same to the Fulani tribe in Mali and Senegal

Let me help you above
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by mhmsadyq(m): 8:13pm On May 31, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop spreading lies. I've searched on the internet for your so-called picture and I can't find it anywhere on the net. Can you provide a link?

You seem to be confused by my English which is why I asked you a question which you skillfully side-stepped. Let me ask you again and I want a straight answer from you. Are the Yoruba a minority or majority tribe in Nigeria. Yes or No? Your initial claim was that Senegalese and Malians are not Fulanis. After I showed you with facts that they are, you jumped into the realm of majority. It's obvious you just want to argue even if you're pointless.

Again, you are the one claiming that the Mali and Senegalese that colonized you with Islam are not Fulanis. I've shown you evidence of your subservience to them. Yet you ask for me to disprove a statement you have not proven. Good you are familiar with Saraki's claim. You can go and argue at his grave. What is obvious is he said he came to teach you guys Islam and that he's from Mali and he's Fulani. Also, Fulani from the Northern part of Nigeria who are majorly Guineans and Malians have always said they taught you guys Islam and are therefore your benefactors. Why then do you shy away from your masters who sight the moon on your behalf.

Islam in Yorubaland is more than 200 years old? Another lie to make your stomach sweet. The Fulanis gave you Islam. Learn to live with it. No need to feel bigger than your masters.

Hehehehe. The Emir of Ilorin was placed there by Yorubas!! What manner of revisionism is this? You mean the Yorubas in Sokoto are the ones who turbaned the Emir of Ilorin? grin Even your Emir in Iwo recently alluded to the authority and superiority of the Sokoto sultanate. So what the hell are you lying for? [b]And who made the Sultan the ruler of Nigerian Muslims? Why not the Alaafin of Oyo or is he not a traditional ruler? [/b]Besides, what is the correlation of traditional rulership with islam that you Muslims "respect" when its obvious all those traditional stools are products of our traditional religions? Stop deceiving yourself abeg!!

You're just clowning around. If the British came to impose their religion on us in the name of colonialism as you claim, may I ask how you came to be a muslim and the north was able to sustain its Islamic colouration throughout the about 90 years of colonialism. Or do you mean islam defeated colonialism? This commonsense question should show you that Christianity was never forced on anyone through colonialism the way Islam was through Jihad cause if it had been so, the large majority of West Africans would have been Christians because the major colonial powers in West Africa were Christian countries. Christianity spread through offering people a better life not through forceful assimilation via Jihad. Let me also tell you. Ahmadu Bello as Premier of Northern Nigeria had a very open, brutal and unapologetic islamization policy which converted about 100k people in his first year in office. This was not present in the Southern regions led by Obafemi Awolowo and Nnamdi Azikiwe, two christians. Yet to you, it was the Christians who were forcefully converting people.

You are just deceiving yourself. You as a Yoruba can't lead prayer in a Nupe man's presence not to talk of Hausa. Quote me anywhere. Who gives a Bleep about a wannabe MSSN. How many northerners reckon with MSSN. It's just like claiming NASFAT is well recognized in the north. I lived in and know the north very well. The average northern muslim sees you as fake Muslims, munafiqs. Stop forming familiarity with them. They only regard you when it's time to use you for their nefarious ends just as they use the minorities in the north, Who is the ACF chairman now? Audu Ogbeh. Before him Paul Unongo and before him, Sunday Awoniyi. All Christians. I'm sure a gullible soul like you will say northern muslims see northern Christians as one with them. grin grin No wonder you want sharia. Let me warn you. The end product of sharia is always terrorism. In the SW Muslims, we know we have some extremists. But they are not so bold because of the moderates who fall in the majority. The day sharia becomes a law in the SW, that's the day those extremists get emboldened, just as it happened with BH.

Ignoramus. The trans-Saharan slave trade was mostly carried out by Arabs. That was part of how they also spread your islam.

What nonsense are you saying now? Those schools weren't missionary school? So who built them? You lie too much just like you god Muhammad. Suddenly you remember we are one. If we are one why do you want a separate rule for yourself different from others. Is that not a sign of a divided house?

Keep quiet. You can't choose for us what to wear. Christians wear choir robes to school for harvest thanksgiving. What you said is I should give you example of Christian students wearing choir robes to school. Now I've given you and as usual, you've shifted the goalpost to wearing it everyday. Lol. You are so unstable. I don't need your 100 pounds o. Not like you have it anyway.

And quit with the lie of muslim students' names being changed by missionaries. It's a capital lie. It never happened. Yoruba muslims with your unfortunate victim mentality were not the only muslims who attended missionary schools. Farooq Kperogi did too and no one changed his name. Same with the late CJN Idris Kutigi and no one changed his name too. Why only you guys? Are you naturally unfortunate or something?

Here's the deal. If you want sharia in the SW. Then we will also have canon laws and the traditionalists will live according to the dictates of Ifa Orunmila too. Christian courts headed by Bishops will exists as well as Babalawo courts too. You can't claim a monopoly of madness.

If Otto von Bismarck a Christian could see wisdom in separating church from state which is the harbinger of secularist freedom we now enjoy, how come you guys want to drag everyone back to the stone age of religious governments.

If such exists, do you think we would have mosques in Europe which you all love to tout as evidence of expansion of Islam? Even you, if religion was to be a state affair, there is no way you would be a muslim. You will have to be a pagan. Because that's what your forefathers were. It's because your forefathers just like Otto van Bismarck were smart enough to not make religion a raison d'etre of a society but instead make it a personal thing, that your grandfather could afford to stop worshipping Esu and Eledumare but instead started worshipping Allah and Mohammed without anyone molesting him. In other words, Islam has actually made you worse than your forefathers. Think about that!!

A lot of divisiveness!
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by BeansAndBread(m): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Werey go to the Facebook pages of the schools, I mustn't spoon-feed You with everything. Use your brain at least!

You seem to be confused by my English which is why I asked you a question which you skillfully side-stepped. Let me ask you again and I want a straight answer from you. Are the Yoruba a minority or majority tribe in Nigeria. Yes or No?

They're a majority tribe but Hausas are the most populous in Nigeria and the overall majority. Don't use grammar to play around!

Your initial claim was that Senegalese and Malians are not Fulanis. After I showed you with facts that they are, you jumped into the realm of majority. It's obvious you just want to argue even if you're pointless.

It's not pointless because you knew you've got nothing to stand on, compared to other tribes in Mali or Senegal, Fulanis are minorities but overall they're amongst the majority tribes.

Again, you are the one claiming that the Mali and Senegalese that colonized you with Islam are not Fulanis.

I never claimed colonialism, it's was you that was colonized not me. Islam came through the Songhai and Malian empires and they were all traders, are you saying traders colonize? If you claim this, are you saying Yorubaland was once conquered by Senegalese and Malians? If yes, show us evidences from history.

And give us explicit evidences they were Fulanis if not, I'll leave you to continue ranting.

I've shown you evidence of your subservience to them. Yet you ask for me to disprove a statement you have not proven.

Our subservience? Are you dense? grin

Good you are familiar with Saraki's claim. You can go and argue at his grave. What is obvious is he said he came to teach you guys Islam and that he's from Mali and he's Fulani. Also, Fulani from the Northern part of Nigeria who are majorly Guineans and Malians have always said they taught you guys Islam and are therefore your benefactors. Why then do you shy away from your masters who sight the moon on your behalf.

Saraki's claim can't be proven, so you can't claim it's a fact. And no Fulani claims they taught us Islam, history refutes this and most Fulanis aren't from Mali or Guinea. I honestly don't know where you manufacture your rubbish from, you then present it as facts and think I'm a dummy who's gonna accept? grin

The Malians and Songhai did, the vast majority who weren't fulani but Wangara traders (who were known traders and envoys for the Malian empire). Fulanis are minorities in those countries. The Hausas got Islam not through Fulanis but Senegalese traders who again were Tukulor and Wolof traders

Now my Yorùbá Christian brother, how did Christianity come to Yorùbáland? grin

Hehehehe. The Emir of Ilorin was placed there by Yorubas!! What manner of revisionism is this? You mean the Yorubas in Sokoto are the ones who turbaned the Emir of Ilorin?

Is it your father that's the kingmakers of Ilorin? grin

grin Even your Emir in Iwo recently alluded to the authority and superiority of the Sokoto sultanate. So what the hell are you lying for?

Oba/Emir of Iwo, may Allāh preserve him, can do whatever he pleases. He can appeal to whomever he wants, he's within his right to do so, stop putting mouth in what doesn't concern you.

And who made the Sultan the ruler of Nigerian Muslims? Why not the Alaafin of Oyo or is he not a traditional ruler? Besides, what is the correlation of traditional rulership with islam that you Muslims "respect" when its obvious all those traditional stools are products of our traditional religions? Stop deceiving yourself abeg!!

Alaafin cannot be the leader of Nigerian Muslims because of his throne being associated with idolatry. And as for your above questions, you'd never understand because you're not a Muslim, so give it a rest!

You're just clowning around. If the British came to impose their religion on us in the name of colonialism as you claim,

It's not a claim, it's a fact. Without the British, you most likely would've been sacrificing yourselves to gods grin grin

may I ask how you came to be a muslim and the north was able to sustain its Islamic colouration throughout the about 90 years of colonialism.

Well since you asked, I'm igbomina and when the revolt of afonja happened and Ilorin expanded, many igbomina kingdoms joined Ilorin grin grin

Or do you mean islam defeated colonialism?

Yeah, we fought against it (although we lost), we don't bow to the colonialist laws hence why we demanding for our laws and we would not stop until we get it!

This commonsense question should show you that Christianity was never forced on anyone through colonialism the way Islam was through Jihad cause if it had been so, the large majority of West Africans would have been Christians because the major colonial powers in West Africa were Christian countries.

LMAO, you were militarily defeated and humiliated and then they poured in missionaries into your lands and your miserable selves accepted the religion of the same whitemen who defeated and humiliated you, I've never seen such a justification for bootlicking of colonialism and Christianity imperialism in my life. Yorùbá Christians would do anything to justify the crimes of their British masters grin

Islam came to Nigeria largely through peaceful means and for parts of the world, christianity on the otherhand is known for their military imperialism and forceful conversion, those who refused were exterminated. If you wanna debate this, I'm willing to grin

Christianity spread through offering people a better life not through forceful assimilation via Jihad.

Yes, we love the jihad

If I start exposing Christianity, you go enter ground bro grin

Let me also tell you. Ahmadu Bello as Premier of Northern Nigeria had a very open, brutal and unapologetic islamization policy which converted about 100k people in his first year in office.

So? What's wrong with that? Isn't that what the Christians and their British supporters did? With some of you even going as far as mistranslating the Quran in Yorùbá language, wicked people grin Always trying to point fingers when you've all done worse

This was not present in the Southern regions led by Obafemi Awolowo and Nnamdi Azikiwe, two christians. Yet to you, it was the Christians who were forcefully converting people.

Baba Awo didn't have to do this, the missionaries and their remnants were well present in the south and they did nothing to stop them. Didn't you notice how for instance the south east had almost 50/50: Christians/Traditionalists to almost 80/20 within a short time. You can only bring this argument if you have evidence of them trying to stop the missionaries but they did nothing.

You are just deceiving yourself. You as a Yoruba can't lead prayer in a Nupe man's presence not to talk of Hausa. Quote me anywhere.

You're very Stupidd then because I've stated here many times I'm from Kwara State and that should tell you we have Nupes whom we do things together with. I've got nothing to prove to you, so don't talk as if you are someone I seek validation from. I've led and preached to Nupes, Hausas, Fulanis, Kanuris and even shuwa arabs.

I'm sure you're a Pentecostal Christian, can you beat your chest and say you've preached even in a Yorùbá cele church? Would they even allow you? grin You wanna talk to me about fulani/hausa when you can't worship in another Yorùbá church denomination grin

Who gives a Bleep about a wannabe MSSN. How many northerners reckon with MSSN.

This question shows I'm talking to a blockhead, Chai!

It's just like claiming NASFAT is well recognized in the north. I lived in and know the north very well.The average northern muslim sees you as fake Muslims, munafiqs.

Shut up for, nafsat is for Yoruba Muslim, I don't even give a damn about them as do many other Yorùbá Muslims talkless of northerners. If I'm a munafiq according to them, why have they given their daughter to me to marry omo ofo? grin Or you didn't know a non-Muslim can't marry a Muslim!

Stop forming familiarity with them. They only regard you when it's time to use you for their nefarious ends just as they use the minorities in the north,

I didn't even mention them, you were the one who's been nagging and asking me about them and I simply gave you a reply. But the reply didn't sweet you that's why you crying, pẹlẹ my Yorùbá Christian brother grin

Who is the ACF chairman now? Audu Ogbeh. Before him Paul Unongo and before him, Sunday Awoniyi. All Christians.

I don't do politics, carry your nonsense elsewhere

I'm sure a gullible soul like you will say northern muslims see northern Christians as one with them. grin grin

I never said that or even thought about that but Okay!

No wonder you want sharia. Let me warn you. The end product of sharia is always terrorism.

Yeah, terrorism from Christians as we saw in Kaduna.

In the SW Muslims, we know we have some extremists. But they are not so bold because of the moderates who fall in the majority. The day sharia becomes a law in the SW, that's the day those extremists get emboldened, just as it happened with BH.

I don't care about this, we won't stop until we get our rights, and no one born of a woman can stop it. Mark my words!

What's the skin color? Or you didn't know afro-Arabs existed? grin

What nonsense are you saying now? Those schools weren't missionary school? So who built them? You lie too much just like you god Muhammad.

They've been collected from the churches, and I don't have any reason to lie to you. And Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi Wasallama) isn't my god dumbo, Allāh Olohun gbogbo Agbaye ati Orun is my God.

I'm not a Christian who lies like Apostle Paul, you've been lying like tomorrow no dey, you're probably a descendant of the antichrist apostle Paul:
But if through my lie God’s truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? Romans 3:7

From the horses mouth!

Suddenly you remember we are one. If we are one why do you want a separate rule for yourself different from others. Is that not a sign of a divided house?

One ke? I know we're not one, it's just an hypocritical talk from Christians to keep the Muslims down. Y'all just bunch of cowards, always flexing muscles for children and women but never challenging a man. Ordinarily Prof Ishaq Akintola make y'all piss your pants grin

Keep quiet. You can't choose for us what to wear. Christians wear choir robes to school for harvest thanksgiving.

I didn't deny this, but do y'all wear the robes everyday to class like how Muslim women do? No, never happens, no Christian institution does that on the surface of planet earth

What you said is I should give you example of Christian students wearing choir robes to school. Now I've given you and as usual, you've shifted the goalpost to wearing it everyday. Lol. You are so unstable. I don't need your 100 pounds o. Not like you have it anyway.

Yorùbá Christians thinks he's smart, I'll show you what I wrote initially:

Agbegbaorogboye:

Look at this dumb question, do Christians even allow Christian students wear Christian choir robes in Christian schools? If yes, I challenge you to name one Christian school that specified choir robes for its students in everyday life and I'll give £100.

This wasn't even a new thing, it has been happening for more than 100 years. For instance, Muhammad Shitta Bey was forcefully baptized and named "William", my dad also has a Christian name "Peter".

It's not a competition, but you can have your way, no Muslim is going to stop you. Just don't interfere with us and we won't with you, the Quran says "to you is your religion and to me is my religion". Make everybody face their business! That's how it should be, plus the Quran 5:46-47 says Christians and Jews should judge according to their own books. If this happens, crime in Yorùbáland would drop tanyanyan! grin

That's Otto's and father's business, we have our rules and way of live. Live your life and let's live, how's that complex for y'all?

[s]If such exists, do you think we would have mosques in Europe which you all love to tout as evidence of expansion of Islam? Even you, if religion was to be a state affair, there is no way you would be a muslim. You will have to be a pagan. Because that's what your forefathers were. It's because your forefathers just like Otto van Bismarck were smart enough to not make religion a raison d'etre of a society but instead make it a personal thing, that your grandfather could afford to stop worshipping Esu and Eledumare but instead started worshipping Allah and Mohammed without anyone molesting him. In other words, Islam has actually made you worse than your forefathers. Think about that!![/s]

That's your business, this wan no concern me at all grin
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by MDM2021: 8:32pm On May 20, 2022
BeansAndBread:
Did you read the verse I gave you? Do you know if you deny any verse from the Quran, you become keferi? I know Africa has its religion but I'm a Muslim and Nigeria being a secular doesn't mean I can't rule by the laws of my religion

Then the Christians can also demand for their own laws. CAN should stand up and draft the laws with which Christians in Nigeria should be governed. By that, the Nigerian constitution can be shred. Isn't this okay by you?
Re: Bishop Wale Oke: No To Sharia Law In South West Nigeria by MDM2021: 8:52pm On May 20, 2022
Encyclopedia1:
Ori n tayin sir. The one u did and said till they locked u up for stealing in Ilesha abi. Continue. U are doing Takaful Insurance now, sebi u fought against it then too but it came to stay. Sharia court will come to stay. Is anyone imposing sharia on christians? No. Will the law affect christians? No. So what is the problem of this Nasara people?

If sharia will be allowed in Yoruba land, then the Christians should come up with thier own law, and the traditionalists should also come up with their own laws. The state laws should be trashed. There shouldn't be State schools, each religion's devotees should build their schools. Since, the state doesn't have authority in the issuance of laws, the state apparatus cannot be used to adjudicate on those laws or enforce them. In that case, their will be no state government. Each region should therefore provide their own police. Isn't this okay by you? This is what CAN or PFN should push for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding / "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.