Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment (18442 Views)

Soldiers In Zungeru Lament Non-Payment Of 3 Months Allowance - Sahara Reporters / Protesters At Amnesty International Lament Non-payment After Picketing / Staff Of Atiku’s Radio, TV Stations Lament Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Islie: 2:47pm On May 28, 2021
The employment of some job seekers into different Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) by the Federal Civil Service Commission in 2019 has brought them pains and sorrow.

The news of their employment had been a dream come true for many as some had done various menial jobs to pay their bills before getting the job.

However, DAILY POST gathered that two years after they were employed, they are yet to be paid salaries.

Speaking to our correspondent, the employees expressed frustration, saying if the situation is allowed to continue, their productivity will be affected. Expectedly, many of them complained of rising debts.

One said, “My debtors are continually on my tail and the situation is causing me sleepless nights I tell you.”

Another, posted to a Federal Unity College, said “Things have been very hard for us. A lot of us could hardly feed, talk more of extending a helping hand to those looking unto us. We really wish the government would release our salaries this month.”

DAILY POST, in the course of investigating the matter, gathered that the COVID-19 pandemic is partly responsible for the delayed salaries.

It was also revealed that those employed from the south are yet to be captured into the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) due to the pandemic.

A source in the office of the Head of Federal Civil Service said, “It was discovered that names were fraudulently smuggled into the list of those officially recruited and that a large number of fake appointment letters were discovered in some Ministries. As a result, the Head of Service, Mrs Folashade Yemi-Esan, decided to halt processing the payment of wages for the newly employed staff until investigations are concluded by a committee set up in February to look into the matter.”

However, the affected employees are pleading with the government to urgently look into their plight and fast track payment of their outstanding wages.

One of them suggests that to cushion the effects of the incessant delay experienced by new employees in the various MDAs, the government should develop a “new staff adaptability scheme” whereby the newly employed are given monthly stipends by their various MDAs’ pending when their salaries are regularized. This, he said, would go a long way to win their trust and give them a sense of belonging.

Some of the affected employees posted to schools commended their college principals for coming to their aid while others complained bitterly that theirs have done practically nothing to help them.

“Our school Principal has been making an effort to assist and cushion the effects of this nonpayment of salaries. He gives us N10,000 monthly stipends and also grants us a loan if we request. He also gave us 10 mudu of rice each and 2kg of vegetable oil during Ramadan. Sincerely he has been very kind to us. May God Almighty bless him more and more and may he be given higher positions of leadership.

“Our prayer is that God should favour and lift such Principals up and make them Permanent Secretaries very soon. These are the type of people we need as leaders! Lord bless them, bless their school and their homes. Ameen!” One of them said.

“O Lord, when will my principal do this kind of thing? Touch his heart, Lord and let him remember us o Lord. It is not easy,” another lamented.

“Where I came from, my principal cannot do such a thing. He can’t even give from the PTA, very heartless,” another affected teacher said.

“I really wish the remaining Principals of schools who are not cooperating in helping to cushion these effects of nonpayment of salaries emulate their colleagues who have taken the lead in doing so even if it means signing an agreement with the affected staff to pay them stipends that they will pay back once they start collecting salaries.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/28/new-fg-employees-lament-non-payment-of-salaries-two-years-after-employment/?amp

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by PrinceOfLagos: 2:50pm On May 28, 2021
Only in APC government

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by XXXXTENTACION: 3:29pm On May 28, 2021
Buhari is doing well.....

2 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Romanoff(f): 3:41pm On May 28, 2021
So the Government job has become a Scam?

1 Like

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by brosom(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2021
The Fulani government won't stop to amuse me.

The only government that is on the process to borrow money from her citizens.

SHAME!!
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by dynicks(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2021
I sight some ZOMBIES AND BMC's amongst them

4 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by iwaeda: 3:41pm On May 28, 2021
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Olamilekan4466: 3:42pm On May 28, 2021
2 years is too much nau

2 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by mooremoney(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2021
By the time this government leaves office in 2023 those of us that will survive it Should be given certificate of surviver. This Buhari real dealt with us

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by StubbornGENIUS: 3:42pm On May 28, 2021
Hahahaha...

Two wasted years... undecided

Buhari's government is the scam of the century.
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by ryloy: 3:42pm On May 28, 2021
A source in the office of the Head of Federal Civil Service said, “It was discovered that names were fraudulently smuggled into the list of those officially recruited and that a large number of fake appointment letters were discovered in some Ministries. As a result, the Head of Service, Mrs Folashade Yemi-Esan, decided to halt processing the payment of wages for the newly employed staff until investigations are concluded by a committee set up in February to look into the matter.”

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Akposb(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2021
This is sad. Federal government way be like sure banker is now on the brink of bankruptcy. Indeed, this does not tell well for the future.
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by vincentjk(m): 3:43pm On May 28, 2021
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Login12: 3:44pm On May 28, 2021
As a matter of fact I happen to be one of those affected by this callous act,
I got my appointment letter as a graduate assistant
lecturer to one Nigeria University since November 2019 but up till this moment nothing has been said about payment or even enrolment into the federal government ippis system. I can attest that it has become really frustrating

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by fatymore(f): 3:44pm On May 28, 2021
Nigeria Government>>>>ONIGBESE

1 Like

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by foeedaba: 3:45pm On May 28, 2021
Buhari, you see your life? You see how wayward you are? You borrow an average of $2b monthly, yet you are still unable to pay federal workers salary.
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by nairalee(m): 3:46pm On May 28, 2021
There are some things I cannot fathom.

2 years noo be two weeks o or two months

Oyinbo says it is the hope that kills. Every MTN message your heart go beat maybe Na alert.

I sha hope they've not been going to work everyday for that 2 years. That one go be MENT
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Thinktwicemybro: 3:46pm On May 28, 2021
Sai baba!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Iruobean(m): 3:46pm On May 28, 2021
Different complaints, new problems everyday every where.

Wahala up and down.
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by backT(m): 3:46pm On May 28, 2021
You can blame the government if you are not aware of the cause of this delay. Majority of the said employees were given fake appointment because they have people that can do that for them. They government discover this and set a committee to fish out those were given fake appointment hence the delay. Don't quote me.

2 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by joelag: 3:47pm On May 28, 2021
Up naija

2 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Analyst7: 3:47pm On May 28, 2021
I
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by samdunzo: 3:47pm On May 28, 2021
this is why private sector led growth is important... government has no business creating these jobs it clearly cannot sustain. What they should do is create an enabling environment and watch companies flock, or even homegrown companies expand their businesses

7 Likes

Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by powalez: 3:48pm On May 28, 2021
Only Buhari can do this
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by ACRI: 3:48pm On May 28, 2021
Scam everywhere
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by sojfarm: 3:49pm On May 28, 2021
This one of those things that breeds bribery and corruption the government officer. How would you expect worker who has never been paid to attend to your files and requests.

Buhari the Modern Father of Corruption in Nigeria. He promised to fight corruption, but hell no. He came, he observed corruption, he unlearned it and become more creative in the art and science of treasury looting.
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by Asadujames202(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2021
When you elect a man whose intellectual capacity is barely enough to heard cows as a president

What you get is a total disaster
Re: New FG Employees Lament Non-payment Of Salaries Two Years After Employment by johnmartus(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2021
Can't you even read or to abuse is just hungry you every time. These people weren't been paid because nobody employed them they got the job through the backdoor. And investigation still on going regard this now I can say that these people not do anything in the various offices they posted to, and that is why their service wasn't appreciated.
PrinceOfLagos:
Only in APC government

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years / Gov Adeleke Spends N2billion On Meals, Welfare Packages, N6billion To Run Office / Peter Obi Wins Politician Of The Year At Ongoing Leadership Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.