Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK (55704 Views)

South Africans Plant Trees Inside Potholes (Photo) / A Ghanaian Planted Plantain Inside Potholes / Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Explorers(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2021
A man who had to pay £300 to fix his car sent the bill to his council after finding out some of the damage was probably caused by potholes.

Al Mitchell slammed Plymouth City Council for ‘ignoring’ his pleas to fix the streets near his home, which he says are riddled with holes.

Eventually Al got so fed up, he sent them the bill for restoring his car.

Photos of the surface of the road show several potholes, some that appear to have been patched up previously. The road appears loose, and there is damage to the road markings and lines on the street.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/25/driver-sick-of-potholes-sends-council-300-bill-to-fix-his-car-14643725/

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Explorers(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2021
A recent test showed Al’s car had significant damage to the ball joint of the suspension arms.

He told Plymouth Live: ‘I asked the manager down there for the workshop, and he said it had likely been caused by driving over potholes regularly.

‘It’s absolutely ridiculous, we’ve been on to them for the past four years about it.

We’ve filled in about five forms, rung them a number of times, and all we get is “oh the road’s fine”.

‘We sent them (the council) the MOT bill in the last complaint but we haven’t had anything back from them yet. I highlighted on the bill the repairs I’d been told were likely caused by the potholes.

It all just falls on deaf ears.

‘Over four years we’ve been on to them about it, and they’ve partially filled some in once, and then now they’re even worse.

‘It needs the whole stretch redoing, especially with the amount of traffic that comes down here now. It’s just constant.’

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/25/driver-sick-of-potholes-sends-council-300-bill-to-fix-his-car-14643725/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 28, 2021
This one naim be their village or country side

192 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by tendyjohn(m): 3:13pm On May 28, 2021
Wow!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by XXXXTENTACION: 3:19pm On May 28, 2021
Nice one but for naija...... embarassed
our government can't even provide 24/7 electricity talkless of pothole free road. embarassed

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Conner44: 3:21pm On May 28, 2021
if only we could send such bills to our local government councillor due to our typically worse roads here, we would have bankrupted the government with our complaints siiiince because if this man is asking for that amount for that little rough road then imagine how big our own bills would be looking like.

aba residents would relate

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Dujardin(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2021
Someone please help with the picture of that dark guy that's trying not to burst. grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Igbankpa(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2021
No be juju be that?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by richmond500: 3:50pm On May 28, 2021
Is this suppose to be a joke?
That small gallop is what he called pothole?

He should visit Nigeria and see the canals we call pothole

313 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Nbote(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2021
Nigerian roads are the reason why cars don't last in dis country. They are the reasons why Honda bow joints will always pull and why Toyota shocks will always eventually go bad. If Nigerian roads are as bad as d one dis guy considers as potholes, Nigerians would celebrate having gud roads

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by tillaman(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2021
That’s a clime where rules are actually rules
A country where things actually work
A place where tax payers knows their God given right

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 28, 2021
richmond500:
That smooth road is pothole?
He should visit Nigeria, we drive through canals

Tell him to drive from nyanya to auta balefi make him come see potholes

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Nbote(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
If dis is what is called pothole, then we do not have potholes in Nigeria. Our bad roads can comfortably qualify for wormholes, drumholes and dirt roads

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by NiceCeSi(f): 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
Is that even pothole? He should come to Nigeria and see things.

15 Likes

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by GreaterFuture(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2021
Interesting
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by BluntCrazeMan: 4:36pm On May 28, 2021
Saner Clime..
A Place where citizens can Fight the Government through the courts, and they will still win.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Akinsete19(m): 5:04pm On May 28, 2021
Lol, he called that small stuff a pothole.

2 Likes

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by SamuelLoch: 5:12pm On May 28, 2021
It's surprising that some people would mock this man!

Truth be told, if we had inculcated an habit like this, no matter how small, we wouldn't have gotten to where we are today...

Some areas have not seen light for years... It's normal for them to buy fuel, but these areas have a local government chairman who does not reside in that LGA. Nonsense!!!

I'd rather want to sue the Government for bad roads than seeing the mechanic unnecessarily, or reading about accidents on Nairaland.

I'd rather want to sue the Government for not having water than installing bore hole/well water with my money.

I'd rather want to sue the Government for not enjoying my night rest because of power supply than run the generator and disturb the neighbors. Mosquitoes grow wings when there's no light sad so I have to also treat Malaria.

I'd rather want to sue the Government for not having a good healthcare system, than travel abroad for surgery.

And on, and on, and on...

Lalasticlala, justwise, won't you rather sue the Government?

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 5:43pm On May 28, 2021
grin grin grin He's got it to be kidding me.

You dare not try it here 9ja
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by EndNigeriaNoow: 5:48pm On May 28, 2021
Dujardin:
Someone please help with the picture of that dark guy that's trying not to burst. grin
that picture is painful o. I dropped the pic quoting a comment of an admin in one group chat app...the admin then blocked comments in the group, for 2 weeks now its still blocked. if u know how to use that pic u fit make person cry lol

2 Likes

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by networkgenuis: 7:48pm On May 28, 2021
Who’s going to pay me for the damages the pothole in the middle of the man’s head caused my eyes?
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by iamyemiakins(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2021
In Nigeria, it's even the government that will collect money from the person through highway tax collectors (police, soldiers etc.)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Kakamorufu(m): 9:52pm On May 28, 2021
With these, I can confidently say we have Man-Hole in naija

9 Likes

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by subcbouy: 10:08pm On May 28, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Nice one but for Naija...... embarassed
our government can't even provide 24/7 electricity talkless of pothole-free road. embarassed
Because you pay taxes give you right bro. But if you don't pay taxes don't t bother telling us poor government when you haven't played your role as a citizen that also pays his taxes. The man pays his tax reason why he got the liver to sue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Miminana(m): 10:15pm On May 28, 2021
Na porthole be this? Abeg this people dey enjoy. Where for naija na road dey our porthole no be porthole even dey our road. I just dey see more reason to japa my guys. Make my money complete make I enter Spain abeg.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Nobody: 12:16am On May 29, 2021
He never see anything
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Lexusgs430: 2:42am On May 29, 2021
Nah potholes be this......... cheesy

Send this man to Lagos state, make hin receive lessons from potholes......... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Aflix(m): 7:42am On May 29, 2021
grin grin grin na this small hole he De call "deadly pothole".

4 Likes

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by iaamxavier(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2021
grin Look at that sexy road this man is calling pothole? Even our banana island road no fine like this grin

Chai we don too suffer for this country

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Nmezor(f): 2:21pm On May 29, 2021
Hmmm, when our country go mk sense?
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Ishilove: 2:52pm On May 29, 2021
I clicked on the thread expecting to see the Nigerian version of a pothole, but behold, what I saw was a microscopic and insignificant depression on the kota.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:14pm On May 29, 2021
If na so, there will be no money in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Prostitute Cuts Man's Manhood Off After He Refused To Pay For Sex / Disgusting Video Of Sewage Disposal In Mexican Beach Resort Sparks Outrage / David Cameron Personally Carrying His Property Out Of 10 Downing Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.