Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK (55701 Views)

South Africans Plant Trees Inside Potholes (Photo) / A Ghanaian Planted Plantain Inside Potholes / Woman Fired After Giving Trump The Middle Finger Gets $60,000 From Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by GistFullGround: 3:32pm On May 29, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Nice one but for naija...... embarassed
our government can't even provide 24/7 electricity talkless of pothole free road. embarassed

You have to demand and embarrass them at times. Try using Social media to call them out until somebody hears you!

1 Like

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by gurunlocker: 3:32pm On May 29, 2021
This one no even reach the ones wey Naija driver dey use for driving training...... Been able to drive inside potholes is part of the techniques you must have as a Nigerian driver. grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by smasher1(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2021
Explorers:
A man who had to pay £300 to fix his car sent the bill to his council after finding out some of the damage was probably caused by potholes.

Al Mitchell slammed Plymouth City Council for ‘ignoring’ his pleas to fix the streets near his home, which he says are riddled with holes.

Eventually Al got so fed up, he sent them the bill for restoring his car.

Photos of the surface of the road show several potholes, some that appear to have been patched up previously. The road appears loose, and there is damage to the road markings and lines on the street.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/25/driver-sick-of-potholes-sends-council-300-bill-to-fix-his-car-14643725/

Where's the port hole? This is a normal road in Nigeria.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by observanc1: 3:32pm On May 29, 2021
This man is crazy. Mean if he were living in nigeria and travel from onitsha to enugu or aba to port harcourt, he would sue UN for N1 trillion,, because nigeria pothole problem is beyond the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by GABRIEL6036: 3:33pm On May 29, 2021
See this one, come to Nigeria and come and see the true definition of bombholes.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by neyohh: 3:34pm On May 29, 2021
tillaman:
That’s a clime where rules are actually rules
A country where things actually work
A place where tax payers knows their God given right

A country where people will fight to death unless the government does what it says .

It's the people, you tolerate shit in Nigeria and lack focus.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by smasher1(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2021
Explorers:
A recent test showed Al’s car had significant damage to the ball joint of the suspension arms.

He told Plymouth Live: ‘I asked the manager down there for the workshop, and he said it had likely been caused by driving over potholes regularly.

‘It’s absolutely ridiculous, we’ve been on to them for the past four years about it.

We’ve filled in about five forms, rung them a number of times, and all we get is “oh the road’s fine”.

‘We sent them (the council) the MOT bill in the last complaint but we haven’t had anything back from them yet. I highlighted on the bill the repairs I’d been told were likely caused by the potholes.

It all just falls on deaf ears.

‘Over four years we’ve been on to them about it, and they’ve partially filled some in once, and then now they’re even worse.

‘It needs the whole stretch redoing, especially with the amount of traffic that comes down here now. It’s just constant.’

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/25/driver-sick-of-potholes-sends-council-300-bill-to-fix-his-car-14643725/

There's no traffic on that road as daylight picture shows.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by fitinwell: 3:35pm On May 29, 2021
Is this suppose to be a Joke

1 Like

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Lukebryan2sure: 3:35pm On May 29, 2021
He dey wine me ni...
Were the potholes
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Chiffy: 3:35pm On May 29, 2021
Nbote:
If dis is what is called pothole, then we do not have potholes in Nigeria. Our bad roads can comfortably qualify for wormholes, drumholes and dirt roads

Or even shitholes
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by maxito28: 3:36pm On May 29, 2021
Na wa oo, e be like sey dis man neva ce porthole b4 ni. Dat smooth road na him dey call wetin sef. cool
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by tammie24: 3:36pm On May 29, 2021
He pays tax so he has a valid claim
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by observanc1: 3:36pm On May 29, 2021
fitinwell:
Is this suppose to be a Joke
to a nigerian living in naija
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by observanc1: 3:37pm On May 29, 2021
tammie24:
He pays tax so he has a valid claim
oh, so u dont pay tax in nigeria abi
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Bahamas95(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2021
Dujardin:
Someone please help with the picture of that dark guy that's trying not to burst. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Kobicove(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2021
subcbouy:
Because you pay taxes give you right bro. But if you don't pay taxes don't t bother telling us poor government when you haven't played your role as a citizen that also pays his taxes. The man pays his tax reason why he got the liver to sue.

Is that what you think? undecided
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by neighbourhud: 3:43pm On May 29, 2021
I love naija...

If u make such demand for naija, na nairaland dem go finish you

I come in peace o
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Kessythegeek(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2021
Come to Nigeria and see deadly lakes loool grin Not potholes

Hello!! Whenever you see this Here's a

Free Voucher Code:JMSTYLER

Use it to get 10% off all your orders on Jumia You're welcome | Don't forget to also share.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Eriokanmi: 3:44pm On May 29, 2021
These are the people who know their right by holding the government accountable.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Iamolukorede(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2021
I would have love to pick but I will do that for the latter.

Fellow friends, I need help badly, I mean monetarily. Have being battling with serious issues, ranging from family to personal life. I lost my job sometimes now and things as being so difficult for us here, garri as being our daily bread.

I don't beg for money but then the pain is much for us here and I believe I can be helped on this forum, I'm old on here if you can afford what ever little you have. God bless us all

0036357605 gtb
Olukorede Martin
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by jaxxy(m): 3:46pm On May 29, 2021
richmond500:
Is this suppose to be a joke?
That small gallop is what he called pothole?

He should visit Nigeria and see the canals we call pothole

Nigeria is not a civilized country. Since the colonial master left we have gotten worse and worse in our unruly and irresponsible behavior, activities, service and duties.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by ceaser: 3:48pm On May 29, 2021
I'm ringing the state government after I'm finished with this post. They must pay 200k that I have used in changing all the shocks and joints of the car. Those damn portholes and speed bumps in Lagos are to be blamed and the government's complicit by leaving them unrepaired.

Lagos state government, you will hear from me soon.

And I woke up to realise this is Nigeria, still being governed by Buhari, who is a role model to every other politicians there.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by COUSIN1279(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2021
Wicked man..! come your country and challenge the government for the pot holes wey don turn to River niger.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Cokahot: 3:55pm On May 29, 2021
If I get this kind pothole for road wey I dey plough daily,u go know say bubu is working. U call this smooth surface poy hole. Oya come see manhole for middle of road here.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by tammie24: 3:58pm On May 29, 2021
observanc1:
oh, so u dont pay tax in nigeria abi
I'm not relating this case to Nigeria o

Just stating what should happen in a sane country

In Nigeria don't we pay for power supply and still don't get it?
And several other things

Nigeria is not a normal country bro

1 Like

Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by Goalnaldo(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2021
If we had roads like this in Nigeria, we won't say the politicians are not trying. Infact we will endorse them for third tenure.
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by lamalang(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2021
Wetin potholes cause for Nigeria if people go claim money we go sell the country be that to pay
Re: Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK by BrainSanitizer: 4:09pm On May 29, 2021
I'm still having trouble seeing any potholes (naija spec) in the pictures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Prostitute Cuts Man's Manhood Off After He Refused To Pay For Sex / Disgusting Video Of Sewage Disposal In Mexican Beach Resort Sparks Outrage / David Cameron Personally Carrying His Property Out Of 10 Downing Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.