Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

What Are The Causes Of Cracked In Building And How Do One Prevent It - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Causes Of Cracked In Building And How Do One Prevent It (312 Views)

₦500 Million Lagos House Causes A Stir Online / Femi Osibona, Developer Of 360 Degrees Towers Dies In Building Collapse. / Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Causes Of Cracked In Building And How Do One Prevent It by justified007: 3:35pm On May 28, 2021
Good afternoon bosses in the building.

I went to a friend's house recently and was surprised to see almost 90% of the uncompleted buildings in the area have cracks and I got wondering the cause(s) of the cracks .

I recently got myself a piece of land and in the cause of my discussion with him the issue of the cracks came up but unfortunately he couldn't give me any tangible reasons for the cracks even though he mentioned some likely causes but I still want experts opinion on this.

Please what are the causes of those cracks and how do one prevent it from happening to someone's building
Re: What Are The Causes Of Cracked In Building And How Do One Prevent It by RobbStark(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2021
You didn't post atleast a pic to know where the cracks originated from and proffer a reason why.

Most times, the terrain or foundation not properly done can cause cracks creeping up a building

1 Like

Re: What Are The Causes Of Cracked In Building And How Do One Prevent It by justified007: 6:14pm On May 28, 2021
RobbStark:
You didn't post atleast a pic to know where the cracks originated from and proffer a reason why.

Most times, the terrain or foundation not properly done can cause cracks creeping up a building

Sorry for that Sir.

I will try to get some pictures
Re: What Are The Causes Of Cracked In Building And How Do One Prevent It by Analyst01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
If your claim that 90% of all buildings in the area being affected is true, then it's probably got something to do with the underlying soil.

The area likely has expansive soil underneath.

If your own building is around the area, opinions from nairaland is good but not enough if you want concrete solution.

You will need a geotechnical engineer to probe the soil and find out what is actually happening underneath. Then design a suitable foundation for your building.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Duplex To Rent In Gbagada / . / What Is A Skip? How Can A Skip Service Help You Remove Your Wastes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.