Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC (8640 Views)

Accept My Leadership Or Leave, Obaseki Tells Edo PDP Members / Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate / Edo 2020: Protect Your Votes, Wike Tells Edo Electorates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by bolaayenimo: 6:33pm On May 28, 2021
A founding member and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Edo State, Mr. Charles Idahosa, on Friday, advised the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State to accept defeat in good faith and join hands with Governor Godwin Obaseki in the interest of the state.

Speaking on the Supreme Court ruling which affirmed Obaseki as the governor of the state and dismissed the certificate forgery brought against him by APC, Idahosa, a former Commissioner for Information in the state also advised the APC to wait till 2024 when the next governorship election in the state will hold.

He also appealed to APC leaders in the state, especially Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, a former governor of the state to set the people of Edo free and stop holding them hostage with all manners of lies that Obaseki will be removed and APC will return to power in the state.

He said prior to Friday’s judgment, APC leaders have been jubilating while assuring the people of Edo that plans have been perfected to remove Governor Obaseki from office because he accused the federal government of printing money to fund shortfalls in federation account.

He said: “I knew it was going to be like that. I knew the governor was going to win but I want to appeal to APC leaders and supporters to stop misleading my people. I want them to let my people go; let them be free because they are putting them through mental torture especially during the COVID-19 period. They have been fooling the people and I am saying ‘enough is enough’.

“For the past one month in Benin, they have been wining and dining. They even slaughtered cows to celebrate in anticipation of today’s judgment. They claimed all sorts of things that they already knew that APC will win because Obaseki is in the bad books of the federal government. They claimed that Obaseki will be removed because he accused the federal government of printing money. They said the cabals in the presidency have assured them that Obaseki must go”.

“I remembered that I told our people then not to panic or listen to them. I said Nigeria is not a banana republic where the executive arm of government will be dictating to the Supreme Court. Infact, up to two hours before this judgment, APC members were jubilating all over Edo, saying they won the election and their candidate will be sworn-in tomorrow”.

“They even said Obaseki has moved his belongings out of Government House while others said he has run out of town. They were saying what happened in Imo state will happen in Edo but they forgot that Edo is not Imo”. “I feel so sorry for them and I still want to appeal to them to let my people go.

When the election was going to take place, Adams Oshiomhole was boasting about using federal might. He showed them the result of an election that has not taken place. Because of his boast, 43 political appointees of Obaseki left. Many threw their careers to the dustbin”. “ After they lost the election, they kept boasting again that the Tribunal will upturn the result. I fear that with this judgment and the lies they have been told, some of them may attempt suicide today”.

“My advice to them now is to join hands with the governor to move Edo forward and if they are not ready for that, let them prepare for 2024 when the next governorship election will hold” .

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/obasekis-s-court-victory-wait-till-2024-idahosa-tells-apc/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Pointblank09(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2021
OK
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by temitope27(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2021
There will be no 2024

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Ever8090: 7:04pm On May 28, 2021
temitope27:
There will be no 2024
are you going to die before then?.. because for we that will be alive, there will be 2024

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by temitope27(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2021
Ever8090:
are you going to die before then?.. because for we that will be alive, there will be 2024
all your household will die, did I tell you the world will come end?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Ever8090: 7:13pm On May 28, 2021
temitope27:
all your household will die, did I tell you the world will come end?
I know for you?...you said there will be no 2014 like say na your papa dey incharge of the world

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by temitope27(m): 7:52pm On May 28, 2021
Ever8090:
I know for you?...you said there will be no 2014 like say na your papa dey incharge of the world
u pissed me off, go and ur sef, it's a curse on you
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Ever8090: 9:28pm On May 28, 2021
temitope27:
u pissed me off, go and ur sef, it's a curse on you
see me see wahala ooo...see as person dey go put himself for trouble, you go start wetin you no go fit finish now wey i ask you weda you go die before that time? Instead of you to answer yes, you dey here dey provoke...shei i force you say "there will be no 2024?"..

20 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by slawormiir: 5:02am On May 29, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrr
See two pussy asss niggarrrs above me just dey quarell and drag matter like women

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by DrAkpa(m): 5:04am On May 29, 2021
Reading
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by PrinceofHCI(m): 5:04am On May 29, 2021
YES! For those doubters out there, 2023, 2024 & co will surely come!!! But, the electioneering mechanism will not be under INEC of the faulty, failed and extinguished contraption space called Niger Area!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by igbowoman: 5:05am On May 29, 2021
So what are we supposed to do with the news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by ozento: 5:07am On May 29, 2021
two fighting
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Justicesociety(m): 5:09am On May 29, 2021
E choke
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by senm117(m): 5:12am On May 29, 2021
Cruise
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by adenigga(m): 5:13am On May 29, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by chukwuibuipob: 5:13am On May 29, 2021
sad
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by ateamblezing(f): 5:15am On May 29, 2021
Wetin cause fight?
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by HRMK: 5:16am On May 29, 2021
APC OR PDP,NO BETA FOR OKRO SOUP!
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Etimemy: 5:18am On May 29, 2021
Edo is not Imo, tell them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by 4ckyou: 5:20am On May 29, 2021
No oh we can't wait, we must take it to ICC grin
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:29am On May 29, 2021
If only these guys would develop their states, after all the fighting and back and forth it's just to share money between themselves

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Person2person(m): 5:46am On May 29, 2021
Enjoy the moment....
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by JavaScript9091: 7:03am On May 29, 2021
Off course apc chapter is closed in Edo until 2024
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Kingspin(m): 7:28am On May 29, 2021
APc are looking for another Supreme Court governor instead of governance.
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by Heavensent01(m): 7:45am On May 29, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
See two pussy asss niggarrrs above me just dey quarell and drag matter like women

grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by donbenie(m): 10:23am On May 29, 2021
Ever8090:
see me see wahala ooo...see as person dey go put himself for trouble, you go start wetin you no go fit finish now wey i ask you weda you go die before that time? Instead of you to answer yes, you dey here dey provoke...shei i force you say "there will be no 2024?"..
No mind the confused NITWIT.. shocked
Re: Obaseki’s Supreme Court Victory: Wait Till 2024, Idahosa Tells Edo APC by buckeyemedia: 10:24am On May 29, 2021
Kingspin:
APc are looking for another Supreme Court governor instead of governance.

Ok because of APC he has not been able to appoint commissioners for 7 months? A Mumu will forever be a Mumu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Clears Jigawa Gov Badaru For Presidential Primary / How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) / FAAC: FG Shares N610.36bn Allocation To Three Tiers Of Govt. In Feb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.