Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 (31479 Views)

Innoson Produces CNG Vehicles, Asks Nigerians To Say Bye To Petrol / Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON / PAN Nigeria Demand Reversal Of Tariff Review On Imported Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Nobody: 8:35am On May 29, 2021
CocoaOla:
Nigeria have steel manufacturing plant and constant electricity high minimum wages strong purchase power tax reduction/rebate good policy to make local production very affordable

inflation is one digits so all Nigerians can afford brands new cars.
banks support car manufacturers and buyers

Agent of darkness well done ooo Nigeria purchasing power is the strongest in the world

I get your point on the govt policy but Nigerians having the highest purchasing power? Which medication are you on?
You need a new prescription.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by demolagilbert: 8:43am On May 29, 2021
9jaRealist:

Article obviously SPONSORED by used car dealers.... grin grin grin

Why shouldn’t the government discourage imports when there are assembly plants in Nigeria going out of business?
Only Nigerians earning from car imports are importers, while local assembly creates lots of JOBS IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS!

>
Govt has a way of discouraging things without providing a viable alternative. Local assembly, really just 'assembles', and thus is still wholly dollar dependent cos they import all these car components. How many Nigerians can afford a brand new IVM car for example? what are the alternative public transport options available for the many that certainly can't afford a new car with a terrible economy and inflation-rubbished salaries. Na only politicians ad corporate executives go get motor for naija be that o. Cos many ppl certainly can't shell 6-7m to buy a car in their first year of working.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by azpekuliar: 8:44am On May 29, 2021
badoh:

Read the report all over again. He's referring to Nigeria used Corolla.

But the report is about imported used vehicles and the hike in port charges. What business does Nigerian used vehicles have to do with those?

[Edit]

I read it again. You’re right.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by ClitRaider: 8:45am On May 29, 2021
BwalaMarama:
Mek I kuku dey maintain my Corolla o until dem 9ja and custom don get am right.
I'm buying new tyres for my Honda Accord DC today.

Some dope facelifts are on the way from AliExpress too, by the time I finished with it, it will look like a brand new tokumbo for my mind.

I'm keeping that Honda mehnn

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by chronique(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2021
9jaRealist:

Article obviously SPONSORED by used car dealers.... grin grin grin

Why shouldn’t the government discourage imports when there are assembly plants in Nigeria going out of business?
Only Nigerians earning from car imports are importers, while local assembly creates lots of JOBS IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS!

>

As if you can afford a Nigerian assembled car... You guys just come online to show your cluelessness and ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by humilitypays(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2021
demolagilbert:
https://guardian.ng/news/nigerians-to-pay-more-for-imported-vehicles-from-june-1/
For those that always ask how E-money is making his money.

He operates one of your port terminals at Apapa......courtesy of Five Star Logistics Terminal cool
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by showafrica(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2021
OVA200:
I never support this administration right from the very first day; infact i literally campaign against them in 2015 because i know they are not going to deliver but never in my widest dream did i think it's going to get this bad.
Everything is just getting from bad to worse.
Thank God for football if not i don't know how i will cope with this horrendous state of the country.

The hike in the price of vehicle and petrol in the last 2 years is way too much, the hope for we common man is dwindling by the day.

Everybody wey wan leave this country should please signify so that we can begin to save #100 per day to be sponsoring ourself out of the country one by one because the number one asset we can give our kids is saving them from this embarrassment of a country.

What a failed country!
Abeg i don tire.

Anything that benefits the common man is haram.... and una say crime go stop soon, story
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by goaldynboy: 8:54am On May 29, 2021
For those who always ask what does E-money do and how does he make his money! Read this article well and properly to see that FIVE STAR LOGISTICS is one of the logistic handling company that operate Nigerian port!

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Coldie(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2021
Naira is falling sth that's not citizens fault and how they deal with it is to increase price for citizen's
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by demolagilbert: 9:17am On May 29, 2021
quentin06:

I get your point on the govt policy but Nigerians having the highest purchasing power? Which medication are you on?
You need a new prescription.
lol..he was being sarcastic all through..you didn't catch it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Cutehector(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2021
Bicycle
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by seyz91(m): 9:34am On May 29, 2021
cheesy
Bossontop:
As per usual for naija na......New day new wahala......lol

We can never wake up to good news
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Nobody: 9:44am On May 29, 2021
quentin06:
Gov is trying promote patronage of locally assembled vehicles, not a bad thing, its time we go back to the 80s where new cars were available to everyone not just politicians, I mean new cars not tokunbo.
money to buy new ones nko,wey all this governors they pay half salary.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by ekestic1976(f): 10:53am On May 29, 2021
What's Democracy? How has it benefitted us so far? As a matter of fact, What is Government? We've never had things easy since Independence? Which kaind life be dis?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Bunmhi(f): 11:04am On May 29, 2021
Their wahala
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Armstrong34(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2021
timesup234:
Installment payment you said. Nigerians buy their cars with cash making us the richest people on earth

I think you should try to understand his perspective before spewing that.......................Nigerians are the richest and yet houses the highest number of people who are poor and can't afford to spend about $2 a day.......

What he is trying to say is that the western countries makes life so easy to acquire these basic needs and not a living Hell like your nigeria government.............

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Oppy2k2: 11:55am On May 29, 2021
No good news can come from this government.

A government at war with her own people

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by timesup234: 1:07pm On May 29, 2021
All those $2 and poor people are mere propaganda. 80% of Americans can't even raise $300 in an emergency While a further 85% are one paycheck away from living on the street. Western societies are overrated shitholes
Armstrong34:

I think you should try to understand his perspective before spewing that.......................Nigerians are the richest and yet houses the highest number of people who are poor and can't afford to spend about $2 a day.......

What he is trying to say is that the western countries makes life so easy to acquire these basic needs and not a living Hell like your nigeria government.............
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Obipaul77(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2021
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Temptee101(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2021
timesup234:
Installment payment you said. Nigerians buy their cars with cash making us the richest people on earth

Sarcasm at its best.

Nigeria is finished.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 29, 2021
humilitypays:
For those that always ask how E-money is making his money.

He operates one of your port terminals at Apapa......courtesy of Five Star Logistics Terminal cool
Not so. The owner of five star logistics is T.Y.Danjuma.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Cousin9999: 3:10pm On May 29, 2021
Buy Innoson.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Onyedikachi323(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2021
oooo what a country .
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Melaninprincess(f): 6:38pm On May 29, 2021
This one that we keep paying more on anything except my Oraimo freepods, what's going on?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:45pm On May 29, 2021
Chukdobz20:
angry meanwhile here in Europe, even high school students can afford to buy a used car and working adults can buy car with just monthly installmental payments.

Is their productivity the same with Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 29, 2021
To think that people will still support this failure grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Chukdobz20: 9:41am On May 30, 2021
timesup234:

Poverty capital and the chest beating mentality. How many nigerians can buy less than 10 year old car grin grin

The reason we are were we are is that we only think about money while careless about development and lifting the entire country out of poverty..
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by timesup234: 11:22am On May 30, 2021
Chukdobz20:

Poverty capital and the chest beating mentality. How many nigerians can buy less than 10 year old car grin grin

The reason we are were we are is that we only think about money while careless about development and lifting the entire country out of poverty..
oga shut up your mouth. America is the capital of poverty. 99.9% of Americans can't afford their cars and house if you tell them to pay cash. Nigeria is the richest country in the world and Nigerians are the happiest. Nigeria is heaven. You are under a serious brainwashing spell.
Re: Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 by Originalsly: 3:20pm On May 30, 2021
The FG has nothing to do with this. This is from the terminal operators. In fact... the FG should step in and prevent the unilateral increase... this is holding customers to ransom. Two owners decide to increase rates by 50% overnight and we are blaming the FG. What will happen to the man that budgeted N2M for a car to be at his house.... all duties and other charges included ... and his car is due to arrive June 3? If there should be any increase then it should give importers enough time to land whatever has been ordered before going into effect. With the devaluation of the Naira .... the cost if imports will automatically raise... this I expected .... as in customs duties... but this not from the terminal operators.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know / P0420 Code Fix, High Fuel Consumption To Be Fixed. / Bentley Unveils New £160,000 Continental GT With A Revolving Three-way Dashboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.