Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON (23301 Views)

Innoson Bus Used For Public Transport Spotted In Lagos (Pictures) / Nigerians To Pay More For Imported Vehicles From June 1 / Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Napata77: 6:19am On Feb 12, 2023
Jamaica Plans To Source Vehicles From Nigeria – High Commissioner

“It is a tremendous opportunity to witness vehicle manufacturing taking place here in Nigeria, which is one of our brothers in the south.”
- Jamaican ambassador to Nigeria

The Jamaican High Commissioner to Nigeria, Esmond Reid, says his country was planning to source for vehicles from Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing (IVM) in Nigeria.

Mr Reid, in the company of Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, made this known during a facility tour of IVM plant in Nnewi, Anambra State on Saturday.

He said: “For us, it is a tremendous opportunity to witness vehicle manufacturing taking place here in Nigeria, which is one of our brothers in the south.''

“It is also a chance to be able to discuss commercial opportunities for sourcing vehicles from Nigeria.''

“This is my first visit. I will go and consult with my stakeholders back home in Jamaica to look at the timeline and determine the negotiations and engagements and when we will start the business of sourcing the vehicles”.

The high commissioner described IVM plant as “top class”, promising to encourage Jamaican citizens to come and see for themselves.

“I congratulate the management of this company and I’m very grateful to the minister for making this visit possible for me. This can become the start of something great,” he said.

Commenting, Mr Onyeama called for strict enforcement of the Presidential Executive Order mandating government officials to buy and use Nigeria.

“I’m very proud. This plant is world class compared to some of the vehicles manufacturing companies I have seen in some other countries. Innoson is doing well.''

“Left to me, every government official should be obliged to buy and use a Nigerian manufactured car. There is a Presidential Executive Order that requires government officials to buy Nigeria.

“That order has to be imposed and made mandatory. In France, it is impossible to see a French Government official driving a non-French car, same in Japan, Korea, UK and US.''

“We have to do the same here. This will encourage and support our citizens and demystify technology,” he said.

The minister said he facilitated the visit to IVM when the Jamaican High Commissioner requested to see the impressive things going on in Nigeria.

“We consider these Caribbean countries as our brothers and sisters and we want to increase the level of trade and collaboration among ourselves,” he said.

In his remarks, the Chairman of IVM, Innocent Chukwuma, appreciated the Federal Government for supporting manufacturing companies in the country.

Mr Chukwuma urged Nigerians to always patronise his products, assuring them of quality and durable vehicles.

The South-East President, Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mine and Agriculture, Honfery Nkeonadi, lauded IVM for making Africans proud with innovative products.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/581299-jamaica-plans-to-source-vehicles-from-nigeria-high-commissioner.html

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by fortunateme: 6:22am On Feb 12, 2023
Urchins another good news to celebrate 🥂 👍 but since it is not 🌽 you guys will be sad.

229 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Finestgurlie(f): 6:34am On Feb 12, 2023
biligi biligi
God bless his excellency president Peter Obi GCFR

175 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by inspectorg(m): 6:36am On Feb 12, 2023
At least one GOOD news to last for the whole week, rather Agbado and his URCHINS.

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Napata77: 6:49am On Feb 12, 2023
blabulu2000:
All.these chest-beater crew will.not fail.to amaze us....there are so many Car assembling companies in Nigeria doing well. And making good sales in and outside of the country ...but one thing about this Nyamiri people is that they will. always wants to show themselves ....Jamaica buying your cars....who cares?

This thread is not for tribalist nitwits and dunderheads like you.

Stay away.

160 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by jericco1(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2023
Great one

5 Likes

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Vyzz: 7:08am On Feb 12, 2023
cheesy

No doubt Jamaicans respect Nigerians and take them as a brother even more than SA...

Big one Innoson

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by yesloaded: 7:08am On Feb 12, 2023
Nigeria will be great

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Ahuitzotl: 7:09am On Feb 12, 2023
Igbo made Technology and Innovations to the World....

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by AK481(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2023
Great one.

All this Jac blue cars in lagos should have been produced by innosen. IvM does good and quality cars .

For those that travel with flight, the luxurious bus to pick from departure or arrival to the plane or the plan to arrival are innosen and they are great.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Sonnobax15(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2023
lipsrsealed
Way to go.....Pikin wey him family members no value,na outsiders go help dem value am...

Nice one from the jamaicans and our own brother Innoson✌️

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by pode(m): 7:10am On Feb 12, 2023
Good news

1 Like

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by michlins(m): 7:10am On Feb 12, 2023
NBC in the mud once again

1 Like

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by ngBuild: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2023
Wow

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 12, 2023
This is highly commendable

Look at an igboman without a British education exporting cars to Jamaica and other neighboring countries.

Now imagine what the ones with a school certificate can do.

If Nigerian leaders both past and present were sensible enough they would have looked inwards as that is the solution to everyman's problem in life.

The Igbos are blessed technically and I have said that before. If they had successfully left Nigeria in 1967 they would have been as powerful as USA today.

But what we see is hate from the especially Fulani tribes which they have successfully poisoned other tribes against the Igbos.

Left for me, I would have preferred an igboman to rule Nigeria forever but unfortunately Fulani grabbed power and they couldn't do anything with it instead they are threatening farmers everywhere with their cows and guns.

Fulani love power but they are not capable of thinking progressively.

Nigerians please stop the hate and envy and embrace the Igbos.

I have talked my own

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Righthussle: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2023
Tthe new Nigeria is almost here.
Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by olarent: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2023
Stope tribalism,and promote unity till the country go separately.

8 Likes

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Elvis2kay: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2023
embarassed
Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by MrDetermined: 7:12am On Feb 12, 2023
It brings tears to my eyes knowing that these men independently started their businesses from the scratch and now going International even without getting benefits and supports from the government like many bilionaires in Nigeria do.

The blessings of God are with you my people.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Princeton92(m): 7:12am On Feb 12, 2023
This is just beautiful, IVM still going up no matter what

13 Likes

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Theunbothered: 7:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Nigeria to the world, small steps like this are a large part of improving the economy.

13 Likes

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by sofeo(m): 7:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Great development!
Congratulations

6 Likes

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by chigator2: 7:13am On Feb 12, 2023
hhjjfjf
Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Ekundayo7574(m): 7:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Trash vehicles,
Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by Iceberg3: 7:13am On Feb 12, 2023
Those people now grin

Coneheaded structures grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by melonsgroup: 7:13am On Feb 12, 2023
God bless peter Obi..
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:14am On Feb 12, 2023
Very good

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / Car Models From The Same And Different Brands That Share The Same Platforms / Which Of These Cars Did Your Dad Use? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.