Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam (34566 Views)

Ajimobi's Family Apologises To Olaniyan, Says Event Was A Strictly Family Affair / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Impeachment: Rauf Olaniyan Outsmarts Governor Makinde - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by 24kmagic: 8:34am On May 29, 2021
The radio stations that gave him a good platform to scam people should also be arrested and charged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Lexusgs430: 8:34am On May 29, 2021
Meritocracy:
Those radio station promoting them should be close and licence seized while the presenter join him in jail. I was a victim but invested after listening to the advert everyday by a reputable presenter in one of radio stations. They used radio station as bait to convince people.

Advert placed on a radio station, is simply an invitation to treat......

The radio station cannot be held liable.... It's simply an advert/promotion slot.......
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Lexusgs430: 8:36am On May 29, 2021
24kmagic:
The radio stations that gave him a good platform to scam people should also be arrested and charged.

They cannot...... APC offered us buhari, they advertised all the changes he would undertake, using their manifesto......

Who do we arrest and charge........ grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by afroxyz: 8:37am On May 29, 2021
wink2015:

Radio station are set up for commercial purposes.

They want to make money from advertisement.

So they should give audience to scammers and thieves. But if someone talks about Buhari they are quick to shut the person out. Well done
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Nobody: 8:38am On May 29, 2021
When will Nigerians wise up ?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by smasher1(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2021
OurBusinessIsPr:
Ponzi entrepreneurs are not just your everyday normal people.

These guys engage themselves in HIGH CHARMS AND BLACK MAGIC to hypnotize and curry the gullible few.

And just like your politicians ,who engage in human sacrifice just to sweet talk you and win an election, THESE PONZI ENTREPRENEURS ARE NO DIFFERENT.

Leave magic and scam out of it. It takes a greedy person to get scammed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by bubu2019: 8:41am On May 29, 2021
Abeg which tribe de answer olayinka?

If na igbo name some people go carry am for head,
Only this morning one jump inside river die and ekelebe catch dia oga at the top

#yorubaamaka#
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by smasher1(m): 8:41am On May 29, 2021
OurBusinessIsPr:
If you ever invested Inna Ponzi, it's not your fault and I cannot blame you .

You were actually hypnotized into it

It's there fault. No hypnotism but greed. The person scammed should be blamed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by afroxyz: 8:42am On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Advert placed on a radio station, is simply an invitation to treat......

The radio station cannot be held liable.... It's simply an advert/promotion slot.......

By collecting money from these fraudsters, they are aiding and abetting them. If the scammers dont need the platform, they wont pay radio stations. They know that its through radio they can reach their audience. So why not cut them off from potential victims by refusing their adverts?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by smasher1(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2021
Risingblue008:
I still wonder
HOW CAN PPLE TRUST SOMEBODY THAT THEY DON'T EVEN KNW WITH THEIR MONEY, MONEY MONEY OOOO in the name of investment

Kai,Allah ki a ye

This is the problem. Greediness.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by SmartPolician: 8:50am On May 29, 2021
OurBusinessIsPr:

These guys engage themselves in HIGH CHARMS AND BLACK MAGIC to hypnotize and curry the gullible few.

And just like your politicians ,who engage in human sacrifice just to sweet talk you and win an election, THESE PONZI ENTREPRENEURS ARE NO DIFFERENT.

The emboldened is FALSE.

People fall for Ponzi schemes due to greed and unrealistic expectations

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Benzemma(m): 8:57am On May 29, 2021
What you said is undiluted truth. Am in the delimma right now. Some victims, did not fall with their wright mind. My own in-law deceived me same way, He traveled to ivory coast on an invite by his school mate friend. He took from his brother a whole 1.4m and went to meet odinaror friend outside the country, on an instruction that he will register with a Chinese company called DHL. Then the company Will employ him and use the money to provide accommodation for him. So when he got there, it turns out to be a Ponzi scheme and he decided to call me and tell me all sort of lies that is sweet to hear. I even asked him if it is network marketing cos I have been hearing about it but I don't know that they scammers, he told me that he don't even know what it means talk more of doing it. That's how I took all the money I have been saving for 4yrs and went there.

Getting to that place, he took the whole money with me, the next day we went to the place he called office and behold I was introduced to network marketing.
I was mad and ask him not to give any body my money, he made to understand that he has given it to them.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by lexy2014: 9:06am On May 29, 2021
FishLaps:

https://punchng.com/efcc-arrests-alleged-ponzi-scheme-operator-over-n128m-scam/

I don't see anyone making jest of d suspect based on his ethnicity. If It was an Igbo man, d thread will be flooded with anti-igbo sentiments

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Alfredbodmax: 9:12am On May 29, 2021
Same fate will happen to racksterli thief
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On May 29, 2021
afroxyz:

By collecting money from these fraudsters, they are aiding and abetting them. If the scammers dont need the platform, they wont pay radio stations. They know that its through radio they can reach their audience. So why not cut them off from potential victims by refusing their adverts?

The listener too should conduct DD, prior to investing......

Toyota advertises on Radio NL, Toyota vehicles are now stolen on a massive scale..... Do we blame Radio NL?.....

NB : I fully understand your point, but the devil is in the detail.............
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Onepeople: 9:22am On May 29, 2021
What is the difference between the scammers and those arresting them? Nigeria matter tire me abeg.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by dumiel: 9:43am On May 29, 2021
FishLaps:

https://punchng.com/efcc-arrests-alleged-ponzi-scheme-operator-over-n128m-scam/

Lol.. Quite audacious! He even airs this illegal stuff on a popular radio station in Ibadan on a regular basis. Anyone can easily fall prey to this because of the fact that he has the backing of a radio station. Personally, I gave up after losing money to MMM and again to Givers' Forum while being desperate to recoup what I lost in MMM.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by afroxyz: 9:51am On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The listener too should conduct DD, prior to investing......

Toyota advertises on Radio NL, Toyota vehicles are now stolen on a massive scale..... Do we blame Radio NL?.....

NB : I fully understand your point, but the devil is in the detail.............

Let be honest. The radio stations are only interested in their money. Nothing else. While investors should do their DD, the radio stations should also not allow such schemes to use their platform. There is insecurity in Nigeria, but have u heard them advertising guns for sale?. You cant hear about Ponzis from reputable platforms because those ones also have a name to protect.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by God2man2again(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2021
Every day is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

Or

No matter how long you have been scamming people of their hard earned money, you cannot escape it, you will be caught one day.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by ivolt: 10:03am On May 29, 2021
yungchop:
When will they Arrest Insha Allah import and export company too? Baba has absconded with over 9 billion naira.
Have you petitioned EFCC?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by MummyD2020(f): 10:03am On May 29, 2021
Igbo kwenu!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by skayT: 10:21am On May 29, 2021
I swear! Those radio stations needs to start been sanctioned. They bring individuals without verifiable genuine business model on air to come and start talking shit and sweet talking people to invest in their scammy business. This was the case of someone I know personally. Thank God say no be today I don street. I take every transaction as a potential scam ploy. I see everyone I'm transacting with as a scammer, until you prove your innocence. That way he go hard to con me. I no dey believe anything that involves me parting with my hardearned money both online & offline until you prove me wrong.
OurBusinessIsPr:
They pay tens of millions of naira to reputable radio stations ,speak clean grammar and coarse the gullible few, who are so eager to invest and would not rest until they are scammed of their money

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by ivolt: 10:26am On May 29, 2021
wink2015:

Radio station are set up for commercial purposes.

They want to make money from advertisement.

Advertising fraud should be a crime.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Babzrockman: 10:59am On May 29, 2021
[quote author=OurBusinessIsPr post=102157546] Ponzi entrepreneurs are not just your everyday normal people.

U just nail it bro.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2021
Also arrest the greedy fools who actually fell for such a cheap and dumb ploy...

30 percent return?!! How na?!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by yungchop: 11:28am On May 29, 2021
ivolt:

Have you petitioned EFCC?

Many investors have done that. I am an investor too. I just want my capital back,he should keep the 6 months interest
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Meteng: 11:30am On May 29, 2021
Methinks the so called investors should be arrested too, for their greed
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Ojukwubucket(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2021
I read all the comments...no Igbo commented abt this fraudster's crime by mentioning his tribe...But if he was Igbo u would have seen those bigots shouting igbo upandan.
Igbos will forever be ur curse...u all Igbo haters

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by maasoap(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:

It depends. People who go into ponzi know exactly what they're getting into.

Usually there are 2 ways the ponzi comes crashing.

If the originators flee with the money prematurely, then that can be considered theft.

But if the base downline is unable to introduce more 'investors', then the system naturally goes bust. Then why blame the originators? No new entrants simply means no more cash to sustain the system. In that case why then go arrest the originators?

Did he tell them that he was going to be collecting money from B and C to pay A? Not saying they are not gullible, but you yourself can't say he wouldn't spend large percentage of the amount realised.

They did not point guns to anyones' heads , neither did they actually flee.

That's usually the claim made by scammers. And neither did he tell them that they were going to lose their money. He promised them and failed, no lawyer can argue that, he's jail bound for sure

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by ityP(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2021
OurBusinessIsPr:

Aswear na lie. Ponzi entrepreneurs no dey do any jazz, like none at all. My close friend been do one for WhatsApp group that year. Him never even know wetin dem dey call jazz. People are just foolish. They will believe you if you tell them to pay 1 naira and get 100 naira tomorrow. All you need to do is borrow 500 naira and use it to pay 5 people. Thousands others will join, then you cash out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / No Grazing Routes In Bayelsa, Governor Douye Diri Replies Buhari / NIMASA Takes Over 20 Vessels From Tompolo’s Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.