Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam (34571 Views)

Ajimobi's Family Apologises To Olaniyan, Says Event Was A Strictly Family Affair / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Impeachment: Rauf Olaniyan Outsmarts Governor Makinde - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by arantess: 7:45am On May 29, 2021
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:45am On May 29, 2021
Mheen
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by PrinceofHCI(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2021
Will people ever, learn?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by damiloladuke: 7:47am On May 29, 2021
When are they arresting WALES KINGDOM CAPITAL
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by oluwaseyi0: 7:47am On May 29, 2021
Ponzi everywhere
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by FBIBOT(m): 7:48am On May 29, 2021
I know crime alert was a scam.... Even saying they have an emergency number for security agents for swift action should tell people its a scam.... Nigeria security operatives doesn't have that man power nor technology.....
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by LibertyRep: 7:49am On May 29, 2021
The radio stations that daily run advert for these fraudulent companies should also be sanctioned.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by wink2015(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2021
LibertyRep:
The radio stations that daily run advert for these fraudulent companies should also be sanctioned.

Radio station are set up for commercial purposes.

They want to make money from advertisement.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Hassanmaye(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2021
Why is the educated south always deceived by the ponzi schemes so called educated let me run
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by November24(f): 7:53am On May 29, 2021
koxi:
Him own don finish!
how,person wey go come out soon

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Kobicove(m): 7:54am On May 29, 2021
UselessFacts:
500yrs in jail is not bad sha

I concur!
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by ThatFairGuy: 7:59am On May 29, 2021
Where do the investors also want him to get the money. THIEVES
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by bishopkay: 8:01am On May 29, 2021
When would EFCC arrest the guy called Wale gates? They seem uninterested in going after him
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by UplifeInvest: 8:01am On May 29, 2021
I hope investors get restitution for their funds.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by maasoap(m): 8:01am On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:
In my lifetime, it is the people that need to grow out of stupidity instead of arresting the perpetrator.

In other words, they shouldn't arrest the perpetrators?
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Mrtaye: 8:03am On May 29, 2021
What I don't really understand is that this people that organize the scheme do they use jazz otumopo or are they diabolic, because I have been invited to join severally but I decline them knowing from the onset that it is a scam but it amazes me how people fall for it
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by baddosky1: 8:04am On May 29, 2021
Hahahaha!

Amos Olaniyan

Another cone brown roofer omoluabeast nabbed! grin

AdolfHitlerxXx
SimplyLeo
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by LibertyRep: 8:08am On May 29, 2021
wink2015:

Radio station are set up for commercial purposes.

They want to make money from advertisement.

Sure they must make money but not by giving their platforms to charlatans to defraud unsuspecting masses.

Countless number of people must have fallen into this ditch because they heard the daily advert on their reputed stations.

There was a time NBC sanctioned TV stations from airing miracle programmes by some religious organizations

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by bigtoff123: 8:08am On May 29, 2021
Wow very good I remember then when I was at home everyday on fresh FM it's crime alert here crime alert there no be him fault nah people too dey eager for free money nah
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2021
koxi:
Him own don finish!

You think so? Go and ask Anyaso MMA of the Map investment. He will be released, and the gullible victim will keep screaming pay me till they give up. Most will look for another platform, loose their money again and continue the funny cycle.
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Emola12(m): 8:13am On May 29, 2021
they need to arrest dangote sef becoz i dont knw where d man gt his own money
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Pleasant01: 8:16am On May 29, 2021
another one is in town.... it's called espian global... run from it, it's a Ponzi scheme
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:16am On May 29, 2021
They reported before he sow his first seed of billions of Naira to his Pastor. cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Nobody: 8:25am On May 29, 2021
When will they arrest MBA forex guy?
See how the west side deals with ponzi crooks? They re fearless, unless PH people that whelp like puppies, over ponzi crooks.
The radio stations that promote these crooks should be sanctioned.
I remember years ago you d think twice before coming on air to promote a ponzi scheme, but now its so common in PH.
The latest one is a social finding scheme for high brow houses, and the gullible PH people are gulping it up.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by JooEeL(m): 8:26am On May 29, 2021
maasoap:

In other words, they shouldn't arrest the perpetrators?

It depends. People who go into ponzi know exactly what they're getting into.

Usually there are 2 ways the ponzi comes crashing.

If the originators flee with the money prematurely, then that can be considered theft.

But if the base downline is unable to introduce more 'investors', then the system naturally goes bust. Then why blame the originators? No new entrants simply means no more cash to sustain the system. In that case why then go arrest the originators? They did not point guns to anyones' heads, neither did they actually flee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by ThePlugg(m): 8:27am On May 29, 2021
Nice one EFCC.....it seems EFCC Is the only arm obviously working in Nigeria

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Meritocracy: 8:28am On May 29, 2021
Those radio station promoting them should be close and licence seized while the presenter join him in jail. I was a victim but invested after listening to the advert everyday by a reputable presenter in one of radio stations. They used radio station as bait to convince people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Dongallant: 8:29am On May 29, 2021
The amount is even small considering a population of over a hundred million adults.One of my guys pestered me to invest in the Ponzi then.But I vehemently refused.
PythonDeveloper:
128m?

Chai
Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Lexusgs430: 8:32am On May 29, 2021
Crime alert security network investment, appropriately named.......

Yet, they still invested...... Our people brain, must have been replaced with cow brains........ grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam by Babinski: 8:34am On May 29, 2021
heybeebugatty:
The problem here is not the guy but those that invested in such scheme...

You need to understand that scamming is a crime and no matter how foolish you may want to say the victims are, they are not criminals. The criminal is the scammer.

What Government needs to do is to criminalize Ponzi Schemes by law just as it is done in the United States. You do not have to wait for victims to write petitions before arresting Ponzi operators; that is medicine after death.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Francis Doukpola, PANDEF Leader, Attacked By Assassins In Rivers. Graphic / Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane / No Grazing Routes In Bayelsa, Governor Douye Diri Replies Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.