Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (14812 Views)

Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strike / 34 Hostages Killed In Air Strike By Algerian Forces / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 7:31pm On May 02, 2011
igbogolo:

Please stop bundling the US with NATO! Cant you people leave the USA alone for once?

There was tremendous pressure for NATO to get involved in stemming the use of force on Libyans. But before NATO could get involved, weather militarily, there must be clear LEGAL backing and international support. In order words there must be clear and demonstrable need for NATO and a strong regional and legal basics.

NATO did not cause the uprising in Tunisia that spread to egypt, libya, syria, yemen, bahrain, saudi.
Ghadaffi has to leave before peace returns to libya, and leave he must either dead or alive.

Your illiteracy is now shining through - first of all america's (NATO'S) intervention in libya was done on the basis of UNCORROBORATED EVIDENCE - it was also done IN BREACH OF THE UN CHARTER which categorically states that it is illegal for member states to intervene militarily in the internal affairs of other member states, also america went ahead with the intervention without getting authorisation from congress - so i would like you to now explain to me why despite america's clear breach of all of the above, you are now describing its intervention in libya as legal
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by morpheus24: 7:32pm On May 02, 2011
igbogolo:

Please stop bundling the US with NATO! Cant you people leave the USA alone for once?

There was tremendous pressure for NATO to get involved in stemming the use of force on Libyans. But before NATO could get involved, weather militarily, there must be clear LEGAL backing and international support. In order words there must be clear and demonstrable need for NATO and a strong regional and legal basics.

NATO did not cause the uprising in Tunisia that spread to egypt, libya, syria, yemen, bahrain, saudi.
Ghadaffi has to leave before peace returns to libya, and leave he must either dead or alive.

In a couple of posts from now you will be labeled a western apologist, saboteur and traitor to the destruction of the imperialists and the realization of the black man's destiny by Cap28. The IMF, stealing of oil and Goldman sachs may also be mentioned shortly.

lol
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 7:38pm On May 02, 2011
dinggle:

Putin should be asking who gave Ghadaffi the right to kill is own people. If the west wanted to attack and Kill Ghadaffi directly, they could have don't it after lockerbie. Putin is trying to protect Russia's interest and Libya's investment in Russia just like Italian president did in the early days of the uprising. The people have spoken Ghadaffi needs to go! UN's laws on protection of citizens in crisis need to be changed, to include "seek and Kill" if they had attacked Ghadaffi directly and killed him in the first week they would have saved thousands of lives.

do you have any evidence that gadaffi killed his own people?
do you have any evidence that gadaffi brought down the panam flight over lockerbie?

if we are to go with your argument about protecting libyan protesters - why isnt america in bahrain and yemen?

also why are america not saying anything about the saudi police killing protesters in their own country as well?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by occam(m): 7:45pm On May 02, 2011
Great! Next in line is Gadhaaffi himself

Tyrants Gadhaffi continue to terrorize young Africans and their people all in the name of fighting against Western powers/imperialist. You can't hold people in bondage forever.

In power for 42 years! how wicked and mean spirited. What has he done for his people with all that oil wealth?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by sirwebs(m): 7:53pm On May 02, 2011
The same argument we heard in support of a certain presidential candidate is what they are spewing in defence of Ghaddafi. Spare us people. We've been there, done that.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 02, 2011
good for him
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by igbogolo: 8:06pm On May 02, 2011
cap28:

Your illiteracy is now shining through - first of all america's (NATO'S) intervention in libya was done on the basis of UNCORROBORATED EVIDENCE - it was also done IN BREACH OF THE UN CHARTER which categorically states that it is illegal for member states to intervene militarily in the internal affairs of other member states, also america went ahead with the intervention without getting authorisation from congress - so i would like you to now explain to me why despite america's clear breach of all of the above, you are now describing  its intervention in libya as legal

After this post, I will ignore you! I do not have the time to pander to the whims of every rabid internet troll. Go get a life you m.oron!
morpheus24:

In a couple of posts from now you will be labeled a western apologist, saboteur and traitor to the destruction of the imperialists and the realization of the black man's destiny by Cap28. The IMF, stealing of oil and Goldman sachs may also be mentioned shortly.

lol

LOL! As if you knew the drunk internet champion is having an erection on my case.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by emmatok(m): 8:12pm On May 02, 2011
Most people supporting  Qaddafi are just ignorant .

As far as AFRICA is continue to wallow in corruption ,AFRICA will become an extension of the west.

Come to think of it all wealth they(Qaddafi, Mubarak e.t.c )  stole are actually kept in the pockets of the Western BANKS.

And some people here are criticizing the WEST for their action.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 8:17pm On May 02, 2011
igbogolo:

After this post, I will ignore you! I do not have the time to pander to the whims of every rabid internet troll. Go get a life you m.oron!
LOL! As if you knew the drunk internet champion is having an erection on my case.

Just as i thought,  grin grin grin your pea brain is incapable of coming up with any intelligible response to any of the questions i posed, thanks for proving what i suspected you of being all along -a prize douche bag  grin grin grin grin
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by maasoap(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2011
Americans are exporting terrorism throughout the world and that's why their citizens are not feeling safe anywhere they might find themselves. Majority of them think the world hates them because of their freedom and democracy instead of thinking inwardly. They value their citizens life more than that of you and me and the average American doesn't care what happens to innocent and harmless children and women, and men out there (Afgha, Pakistan, or Iraq). Do their life even get value in eyes of American citizens? No. But America was called into this war because I could still recall. And the air strike that killed Al Saif was carried out by Danish war plane.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by vislabraye(m): 8:22pm On May 02, 2011
Its a pity. I'm always suspicious of western intervention in crisis like this. They did not do anything about Egypt' s case. Well, they just gat to be careful.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by skelemba: 8:24pm On May 02, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. Tell your friends and family.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via  direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by gaskydudu: 8:24pm On May 02, 2011
Q1- Why wasn't Egypt bombed?
Q2- Bahrain as well?
Q3- Do you knw how many innocent peeps have been killed by Ghadaffi?

It is sad that some members of his family have been killed just like other innocent citizens, so why doesn't he want a dialogue?, or at least stop the crisis? is he not fighting and killing his own people? I reckon not only Libya has oil, other middle east countries going through the crisis have oil too, so i chose to believe that isn't a primary reason for the bombings.

There is a revolution going on in the arab world; a breakdown of their societal norms. Any smart mid-eastern leader who hasn't been caught by the bug should be re-evaluting his stand as a leader. Mubarak was smart enough to handle his country with caution even though there were lost lives. Remember , the military in Egypt were not involved; Ghadaffi is being unecessarily stubborn. He has ruled for donkey years, his people don't want him anymore, he should go! This can be likened to Gbagbo's case where he was snookered at the end.

Most African leaders are just self centred!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by emmatok(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2011
vislabraye:

Its a pity. I'm always suspicious of western intervention in crisis like this. They did not do anything about Egypt' s case. Well, they just gat to be careful.

They did not do any thing Egypt because Mubarak stepped down during the revolution.

But your Qaddafi is just too wicked, instead he resulted in KILLING his people during the TRIPOLI protest.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 8:48pm On May 02, 2011
quote from Mandingo:
Dude.  Life is NOT , one complaint after another.  I wouldn't want to live YOUR depressive/oppressive/JOYLESS  life.

Nigga, in this life we are suppose to FIGHT OPPRESSION, and at the same time LIVE/LOVE/LAUGH and pass it on.

the s/h/i/t you pass on is ROTTEN-NESS and UNHAPPINESS.

You speak from a LOCATION of PAIN.  24/7,

Unlike your sour a/s/s, I'm GOING to running around this BIG a/s/s PLANET and enjoy it.  F/U/C/K what you heard.  

Black American KNOW how to HAVE FUN inspite of painful circumstances.

Mandingo neither would i want to live your life becuase you clearly hate being black and in a bid to make yourself feel better you try to imagine that you are above africans, the way you do this is by using evry chance you can to make disparaging comments about african people, you come on here in order to boost your dangerously low self esteem.

if as you claim, life is meant to be full of love and laughter why do you spend an INORDINATE amount of your time abusing, insulting and making disparaging comments about africans ON AN AFRICAN FORUM, I mean which happy well rounded person who loves life puts down a member of their own race - wait let me guess - a self hating, insecure, inferiority complex filled one - someone who feels totally inadequate, lacking and full of sef hatred - someone like Mandingo!!!!-

When was the last time you posted a comment on NL which had anything POSITIVE to say about african people? let me guess - NEVER?? so why then do you feel you have the right to get angry about me speaking negatively about america??  A country that has mentally abused you to the point that you are so screwed up that you hate everything that reminds you of your origin

Lets get one thing straight here, the fact that i speak about injustice in this world does not mean that i am an unhappy person it means that i care about the world and i care about injustice, things that you find difficult to comprehend because your entire life has always been one long rat race, unlike you i did not grow up in an environment where i was taught to feel inferior, therefore i am not used to seeing people being treated badly and when i do see it, i speak out against it, in your own case you have learnt to absorb abuse and bad treatment, you've also learnt to redirect your anger and hatred at africans whom you see as an easy target, despite all the hot air you are nothing more than a modern day field negro, pretending to hate whitey, but deep down inside wishing you could be him, its men like you who refuse to be responsible fathers to your numerous children, its men like you who abuse and insult black american  women and prefer to go out with white women in order to boost your damaged ego, word of advice - if you cant take the heat - stay well away from the kitchen, in other words as long as you continue to insult and abuse africans on this forum be prepared to keep being told about your own country - the truth is bitter -learn to accept it.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Wallie(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2011
Here are the top 15 countries importing oil into the US,

Crude Oil Imports (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Feb-11 Jan-11 YTD 2011 Feb-10 YTD 2010
CANADA 2,193 2,149 2,170 1,897 1,889
SAUDI ARABIA 1,114 1,099 1,106 881 922
MEXICO 998 1,216 1,112 996 1,015
NIGERIA 948 968 958 896 948
VENEZUELA 878 951 916 913 868
ANGOLA 357 294 323 312 289
IRAQ 263 470 372 540 522
ECUADOR 242 178 209 145 182
BRAZIL 175 259 219 192 233
COLOMBIA 175 303 242 371 330
ALGERIA 138 378 264 282 306
KUWAIT 118 147 133 228 143
RUSSIA 97 105 101 214 174
EQUATORIAL GUINEA 52 32 41 0 28
CHAD 51 55 53 0 24

Total Imports of Petroleum (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Feb-11 Jan-11 YTD 2011 Feb-10 YTD 2010
CANADA 2,831 2,826 2,829 2,490 2,544
SAUDI ARABIA 1,114 1,102 1,108 898 932
MEXICO 1,104 1,366 1,242 1,134 1,132
VENEZUELA 989 1,030 1,011 1,009 957
NIGERIA 978 1,007 993 932 975
RUSSIA 437 531 486 423 444
ALGERIA 394 565 484 461 480
ANGOLA 370 316 342 326 302
IRAQ 263 470 372 540 522
ECUADOR 242 178 209 152 185
COLOMBIA 211 332 275 386 353
VIRGIN ISLANDS 182 276 232 187 251
BRAZIL 177 274 228 226 293
NETHERLANDS 129 101 114 126 121
KUWAIT 118 147 133 228 149

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Guk: 9:47pm On May 02, 2011
if true, its despicable. This is bullying going out of hand. NATO shoiuld be neutral in their exercise
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by vladimiros: 9:54pm On May 02, 2011
I want the day of reckoning to come for america very soon because all these atrocities that they are committing around the world must be accounted for, these tornadoes hitting america are just the beginning, the coming economic collapse of their economy is jus the tip of the iceberg for them, i want them to feel the same pain that they have inflicted on libya and its people because it is run by a satanic cabal who have no regard for human life.

Barack Hussein Obama is an abomination and a complete disgrace to the black race, any black person who still thinks this man is worthy of respect or admiration needs their head examined, how would he feel if his wife and two daughters were killed by a group of murderous terrorists, Obama its not too late for you to do the right thing and refuse to carry on with this madness, dont forget that John and Robert Kennedy refused to bow to the american military industrial complex, they stood up for the truth, Obama now is the time for you to stop acting like a fu.king paid up political pros.titute and instrument of the murderous zionist murderers who control you and STOP THIS MADNESS IN LIBYA ONCE AND FOR ALL.

advice for you

go put a pen in ur ass

easy

and what has black race got to do with this?

tell me?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by vladimiros: 9:56pm On May 02, 2011
and people complaining about NATO,

why don`t you start ur own "bortherhood" to fight them

soviet union had the warsaw pact that was completely shit

if you don`t know why NATO was formed go back to history class please,
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by stalliontp(m): 10:07pm On May 02, 2011
smiley
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by andyanders: 10:14pm On May 02, 2011
@cap28,
I want the day of reckoning to come for america very soon because all these atrocities that they are committing around the world must be accounted for, these tornadoes hitting america are just the beginning, the coming economic collapse of their economy is jus the tip of the iceberg for them, i want them to feel the same pain that they have inflicted on libya and its people because it is run by a satanic cabal who have no regard for human life.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE FOOL. WHY MUST YOU MAKE SUCH STATEMNT? ANYWAY, FOR GADDAFI, HIIS TIME WILL COME. HE CAN RUN BUT CANNOT HIDE. OSAMA HAS BEEN RUNNING AND NOW HE HAS MET THE BRICK WALL AND NEVER TO BREED AIR AGAIN
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Limaoscar: 10:17pm On May 02, 2011
You are a buffoon! NATO is an alliance of North America and Europe, with France, UK playing very prominent roles in this Libyan Nato alliance.
Yet, an uneducated you, blames America as if america single handedly bombed Ghadaffi and killed his sons.
Besides America did not want to get involved in this operation and has very little economic interests in Libya. America does not even depend on Libyan oil, Europe  (especially the UK) does.

Crackhead, when Ghadaffi was using mercenaries to kill nigerians, fools like you kept quiet. Apart from ranting on the internet, let me tell you there is nothing you can do. Your puerile words, and asinine comments, hastily typed on the internet does not carry any depth.

Go and find something useful to do, thats if you even can.

Ignorance personified.

You are 30 light years ahead of  some of the folks on this thread especially that cap28 and some of the illitrates of politics and international relations on here.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 11:10pm On May 02, 2011
andyanders:

@cap28,

YOU ARE A COMPLETE FOOL. WHY MUST YOU MAKE SUCH STATEMNT? ANYWAY, FOR GADDAFI, HIIS TIME WILL COME. HE CAN RUN BUT CANNOT HIDE. OSAMA HAS BEEN RUNNING AND NOW HE HAS MET THE BRICK WALL AND NEVER TO [b]BREED AIR AGAIN[/b]

When you've learnt how to construct a grammatical sentence then I will deign to give you the time of day, until then take your illiterate ar.se back to school you primary schoool drop out
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 11:14pm On May 02, 2011
Limaoscar:

You are 30 light years ahead of some of the folks on this thread especially that cap28 and some of the illitrates of politics and international relations on here.

I think people might take you seriously if you at least had the intelligence to know how to spell the word illiterate - don't you think?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 11:22pm On May 02, 2011
vladimiros:

advice for you

go put a pen in your backside

easy

and what has black race got to do with this?

tell me?

If you are too stu.pid to figure out the symbolism of Obama's position to the black race then you are a lost cause, you talk about me putting a pen in my backside, sounds like thats what you spent your entire time doing when you were pretending to get an "education", congrats you are now a full grown functional illiterate.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by igbogolo: 11:43pm On May 02, 2011
@ cap 28

So you just trawl cyberspace spewing venom. Is it that you dont have something worthy doing? or are you a psychiatric case?
Go to bed, you lonely rejected internet misfit. If you are looking for attention, start by saying 'Hello, my name is cap28, and I am a lonely, frustrated and unloved internet troll'. Maybe you may get someone equally deluded that can say hello in return.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cdoffx(m): 11:53pm On May 02, 2011
@Rhymz.
You must have done a lot of job digging up those information particularly using and insider. i've been interested in an insider account of what the Libyan crisis is all about,i'm very interested in your article since you said you're using insiders to get information Pls continue with the article.
If you can Pls send me the article on my email cdoffx@yahoo.com. I'll be very grateful. Thanks
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cdoffx(m): 11:54pm On May 02, 2011
@Rhymz.
You must have done a lot of job digging up those information particularly using and insider. i've been interested in an insider account of what the Libyan crisis is all about,i'm very interested in your article since you said you're using insiders to get information Pls continue with the article.
If you can Pls send me the article on my email cdoffx@yahoo.com. I'll be very grateful. Thanks
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by richforeva: 12:14am On May 03, 2011
Like Gaddafi is a saint. Here is a man who have ruled a country for over 40 yrs and have tolerated absolutely no opposing views. According to the Gadafi doctrine , forming a political party is a serious enough crime to warrant execution. Here is a man who have sponsored coups and spread instability in Africa (including Nigeria).SO ,true to his nature when his people called for reforms he unleashes mercenaries and the army on the same people he claims to be serving. He is presently engaged in a killing spree using all sorts of weapons against defenceless people. How many of other people’s sons and grand children has he killed? This beast deservers no mercy. He is ready to sacrifice the whole of Libya as long a he remains in power .I have no pitty for him, I wish it was really true he lost relatives in the bombings. Unfortunately I don’t think any he lost any . If you have follow the war you will find that Gaddafi uses very thing for propaganda . The son he claims to have lost (Al Arab) was never heard off until the day he was killed in a bomb blast.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by MandingoII(m): 12:19am On May 03, 2011
My friend, shu.t up.

NATO is not a child of the USA. USA was included in the organisation after the Europeans deemed it necessary for the USA to maintain military balance against the USSR. If NATO were American, how come the headquarters is in brussels belgium? Stop feeding your brains with chalk!

a lot of people are calling for Gadhaffis execution even in the UK, France and Germany. so how do you think because a few popular americans called for his death, that makes it solely an american led NATO imperative?

And what about the oil, IMF and the ability of libya to finance projects? What are you talking about? So china and russia with all the wads in their coolers are also ripe for military intervention?

You just manufacture conspiracy theories and pulsate in excitement because I gave you the opportunity to exchange words on cyber space.

You are indeed stu.pid.

you are one DUMBA/S/S African

NATO take is orders from Amerikka
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by osifred(m): 12:27am On May 03, 2011
if u commit the same offense u accuse somebody of then u have not any moral stand to be a judge thus my opinion on this is that GADDAFI AND THE WEST (NATO SPONSORS) should be tried for crime against humanity.
by the way those air strikes are clear violation of the sovereignty power of Libya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Jails Guatemalan Ex-President Otto Perez & His VP Roxana Baldetti / I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers / Theresa May Calls For General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.