Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. (1325 Views)

Sandra Okagbue Was Not Invited To Flavour's Dads' Party But Anna Banner Was / Blackface Was Not Invited To 2Face's Wedding / Picture Of Barack And Michelle Obama As Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by ZINNIAS: 2:42am On May 01, 2011
Do you know that President Barack Obama was not invited to the Royal Wedding held at England on Friday. Can you tell me the reason.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by zstranger: 2:47am On May 01, 2011
Because he is Black, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Did they invite Odechukwu?
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by tpia5: 2:48am On May 01, 2011
they only invited traditional heads of state, not elected ones.

or so i heard.

i'm not sure, however- that info could be wrong.

in any case, not a big deal.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by tpia5: 4:05am On May 01, 2011
it also seems the wedding wasnt considered an official state affair since william wasnt the immediate heir to the throne.

i dont know much about all these protocols.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by Guk: 10:04pm On May 02, 2011
It had been known for months that Obama family would not be attending the wedding because he is due to be in UK 3rd week in May. People shld inform themselves before coming up with conspiracy theories
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by mamagee3(f): 12:36am On May 03, 2011
They claim it's because Prince William isn'rt the next in line to the throne. . .

Seriously, I personally think many of the world leaders weren't really invited.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by arramyjay: 7:10am On May 03, 2011
I am sure he has more important things to handle.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by Nobody: 7:39am On May 03, 2011
For security reasons, so said CNN
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by ragdollz: 8:22am On May 03, 2011
@jennykadry, exactly! Just thinking about the massive security detail that would be necessary for him and ANY other president for that matter cheesy. When a "reigning" president attends ur wedding, better be ready for the mega security issues involved, lol
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 03, 2011
LOL I wondered same like why he did not attend the wedding, not until CNN confirmed that it was because of security issues did I really know what happened.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by dave2(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2011
tpia@:

it also seems the wedding wasnt considered an official state affair since william wasnt the immediate heir to the throne.

i dont know much about all these protocols.

Is not true my dear.
Prince Williams was made immediate heir to the throne after his father (Prince Charles) re-married to Camilla.
So, guys be informed and that was why the wedding was elaborate
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by spikedcylinder: 1:15pm On May 03, 2011
dave2:

Is not true my dear.
Prince Williams was made immediate heir to the throne after his father (Prince Charles) re-married to Camilla.
So, guys be informed and that was why the wedding was elaborate

Unfortunately, you are the one who needs to get informed.
Prince Charles is still heir apparent, Camilla or not. William is only second in line to the throne as king of the Commonwealth Nations.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by ragdollz: 1:41pm On May 03, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Unfortunately, you are the one who needs to get informed.
Prince Charles is still heir apparent, Camilla or not. William is only second in line to the throne as king of the Commonwealth Nations.

These British are crazy!!! LOL
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by dichana: 2:42pm On May 03, 2011
Even if obama was invited he wouldnt show up have you been watching the news lately.Obama was busy killing osama bin laden.That is very much important than some royal wedding.No sweat off obama back, invitation or no invitation predo gat some nigga to kill.
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 03, 2011
BBC said 'only leaders of comnmon wealth nations were invited'
Why are Nigerians taking this so personal , I have heard this question from at least 6 Nigerians, o gini??

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were not invited as well undecided

No big deal in Obama not getting an invite
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by MrCork17: 4:40pm On May 03, 2011
becoz he will pick pocket there moiney angry
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by akonsboy12: 10:35pm On May 03, 2011
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by chic2pimp(m): 10:52pm On May 03, 2011
ragdollz:

These British are crazy!!! LOL

Yes we are but also extremely talented cool
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by SAKUR: 11:15pm On May 03, 2011
Re: Why Was President Barack Obama Not Invited. by ragdollz: 11:25pm On May 03, 2011
Mr, Cork:

becoz he will pick pocket there moiney angry

omigosh grin grin grin. How does this fellow THINK of these one-liners?? Ay the comedian a'int got nuthin on you !!! Lol tongue tongue

chic2pimp:

Yes we are but also extremely talented cool

Really?? Lmao. Well the original term used to be "crazy Americans" but you British are quickly taking over that life-long title grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Big Fat Lie Of Nigeriafilms.com On Omotola Ekeinde – Her Publicist / Khloe Kardashian Goes Makeup Free! / Photos: Dayo D1 Adeneye Rocking The Exotic Beach Of The Maldives On Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.