Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria (28397 Views)

Boko Haram Sponsors Vs Nigeria: UAE Revelation, US Reluctance By Wale Odunsi / Another Coup D'etat In Africa. It's Time For The People To Wake Up / Impeach Buhari To Avoid Another Coup D'etat Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Koryc: 5:06pm On May 29, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2021
No coup. When leadership fails, they will start looking for what to blame and ways to divert attention. It would have been better if this regime left the economy how they met it instead of ruining it further.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Emotionss: 5:09pm On May 29, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
olatade:
What if Nigeria is a social experiment to see how much pain a human can endure?

Honestly something like this crossed my mind this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by ezekings1(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2021
Kidnappers with school children disguising as mentally challenged persons, arrested in Otokutu, Warri, Delta State
See shocking video cry
[embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWo1GVJY9JI[/embed]
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by ofuonyebi: 5:09pm On May 29, 2021
SHIT POST....A SOLDIER IS ALWAYS A SOLDIER...
A SOLDIER IS NEVER AFRAID OD DEATH TALKLESS OF COUP OR WAR!
THE PRIMARY JOB OF A SOLDIER WHICH HE SIGNED FOR, IS WAR!!

NOT EVEN A BUHARI WHO HAS OVERCAME TWO COUPS BEFORE
AND ALSO FOUGTH THE BIAFRAN 3-YEARS WAR..

ABEG TELL US BETTER TORRY OR GO TO BED!....NONSENSE!
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 29, 2021
Tianamen1:

Your ideas would lead us to another coup

Well, I am not in government, so I fail to see how my ideas would lead to another coup.

If you are talking about subsidy removal...that's your opinion. If we keep the subsidy, we run the risk of getting into more debt, and spending an increasing amount of money keeping prices low.

As for me, if subsidy must go....it is to be hoped that the government has in place subsidy palliatives from the savings made

Good evening.

P.S Reread the post you originally quoted.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by RichAbujaGuy: 5:27pm On May 29, 2021
I don't think the plotters will be successful. The Honourable statesman, international diplomat Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is heavily invested in a smooth democracy.
Don't forget Madame Peace is enjoying freedom and peace today. wink
And London baby daddy Rhino needs to get on the same page with his ex-boss GEJ. grin

President Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan Meet In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6575222/president-buhari-goodluck-jonathan-meet

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Tianamen1: 5:27pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

Well, I am not in government, so I fail to see how my ideas would lead to another coup.

If you are talking about subsidy removal...that's your opinion. If we keep the subsidy, we run the risk of getting into more debt, and spending an increasing amount of money keeping prices low.

As for me, if subsidy must go....it is to be hoped that the government has in place subsidy palliatives from the savings made

Good evening.

P.S Reread the post you originally quoted.

Your view on subsidies holds no merit at all because you do not even understand why the subsidies exist in the first place. You state that production cost of petroleum is going up, when in actuality, the naira is losing value which is causing inflation.

Rather than focus on solving our inflationary pressures, you choose to argue on the side of the elite to punish the masses. Most coups occur when there is discontent amongst the masses. This is why your views are dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by FreeIgbos: 5:29pm On May 29, 2021
Rubbish!!
The military will only rule in Arewa rep.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Slimpotter(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2021
flemsy15:
I might be wrong but I think the best option for this country is to divide this country.

They say there's unity in diversity but it Nigeria, d diversity brings in nothing but division.

Just that this division won't favour minority ethnic groups shaa

You're smart enough to understand that division will badly affect the minority groups. Dividing the country will place the minority groups under further oppression which is unadvisable.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by BSsniffer: 5:33pm On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:
Which Buhari? The dead and long gone one or who?

I googled the hand of a typical 83 year old person.

And then I compared it with the 83-year old cloaked clown in Aso rock.

Here are the results

Hahaa, guy this is not fair nah. The vultures go declare fatwah ontop your head o grin

Let's even say he's a clone(which may not be far fetched) what purpose will that Intel achieve? Okay buhari is a clone...so what do want to do next.

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by IMAliyu(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2021
otomatic:
No coup. When leadership fails, they will start looking for what to blame and ways to divert attention. It would have been better if this regime left the economy how they met it instead of ruining it further.
It was inevitable, as the economy was dependant on crude oil prices, and crude oil has been falling since 2015 and the worst of it was during the Global corona lockdown.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Ever8090: 5:36pm On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:

Here are the results

Hahaa, guy this is not fair nah. The vultures go declare fatwah ontop your head o grin
you are still doing this comparison and analysis in this 21st century,.I think you are more confuse than Nigeria current situation
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by JooEeL(m): 5:39pm On May 29, 2021
BSsniffer:

Let's even say he's a clone(which may not be far fetched) what purpose will that Intel achieve? Okay buhari is a clone...so what do want to do next.

You replace him with a monkey to rule you.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 29, 2021
Tianamen1:

Your view on subsidies holds no merit at all because you do not even understand why the subsidies exist in the first place. You state that production cost of petroleum is going up, when in actuality, the naira is losing value which is causing inflation.

Rather than focus on solving our inflationary pressures, you choose to argue on the side of the elite to punish the masses. Most coups occur when there is discontent amongst the masses. This is why your views are dangerous.

That's your opinion.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Truthteller2020: 5:41pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:
We honestly don't need another coup.

In 1966, the SW and previously the North were in crisis, plus we had a corrupt political elite ruling us. On Jan 15, we had a coup. People thought that it meant that things would be better. 4 years later, millions were dead and displaced. We did not get civillian rule until after another 9 years.

Then in 1983, Nigeria was in crisis again...economy collapising, corrupt civilian leaders, and so on. Once again on Dec 31 1983, we called for a hero...who did not make things better, so we got another hero, who was just as bad, so we ended up with a dictator...who we in essence required divine intervention to get rid off

Now people are calling for another coup.

I say a big NO.

Not because I like the APC government. Infact, to be honest, the twenty two years of democratic rule since 1999 have been a disgrace and a big sorrow. None of the leaders we have had have done well at all at all. And the current leadership appears lost and confused. But a coup will NOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.

If the past is anything to go by, a coup will make matters worse.

High time we stopped looking for a hero...and started doing the best with what we have...by putting pressure on our leaders to do the right thing.

Black people have better rights in the US not because the old racist order went away...it is still there...but because they were ready to use their democratic tools to fight a long battle for freedom and justice.
Except yara'dua.

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by JooEeL(m): 5:42pm On May 29, 2021
Ever8090:
you are still doing this comparison and analysis in this 21st century,.I think you are more confuse than Nigeria current situation

That is why without the comparison, in this 21st century, there is peace, progress, development, road network, education in the town your mom comes from.
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Yankee101: 5:42pm On May 29, 2021
It will be a miracle if buhari finishes his tenure

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by BSsniffer: 5:42pm On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:

You replace him with a monkey to rule you.

Ahh...thought as much, no tangent.....you know what, never mind. Ok
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Ever8090: 5:43pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

In 1966, the SW and previously the North were in crisis, plus we had a corrupt political elite ruling us. On Jan 15, we had a coup. People thought that it meant that things would be better. 4 years later, millions were dead and displaced. We did not get civillian rule until after another 9 years.

Then in 1983, Nigeria was in crisis again...economy collapising, corrupt civilian leaders, and so on. Once again on Dec 31 1983, we called for a hero...who did not make things better, so we got another hero, who was just as bad, so we ended up with a dictator...who we in essence required divine intervention to get rid off

I say a big NO.

Not because I like the APC government. Infact, to be honest, the twenty two years of democratic rule since 1999 have been a disgrace and a big sorrow. None of the leaders we have had have done well at all at all. And the current leadership appears lost and confused. But a coup will NOT SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.

High time we stopped looking for a hero...and started doing the best with what we have...by putting pressure on our leaders to do the right thing.

Black people have better rights in the US not because the old racist order went away...it is still there...but because they were ready to use their democratic tools to fight a long battle for freedom and justice.
my brother,all this uncivilise set of creatures on Nairaland will never understand you..most of them making notice on Nairaland does not know their local government chairman's name not to talk of demanding accountability from their Governor or senators.
One thing they don't know and will be difficult for them to know is," there is difference between governance and politics"..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Brushstrokes20: 5:54pm On May 29, 2021
...and the nepotic, redundant coupist is afraid of KARMA!....I foresee the bloodiest coup ever.

# YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!

Buhari has damaged Nigeria beyond repair.....

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Ajalekoko76(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

I say a big NO.

Good write up....

.... by putting pressure on our leaders to do the right thing.

How many times Nigerians have told PMB to the right thing and yet put deaf ears. In the atmosphere of injustice, you don't expect peace. It is natural for human to resist pains and injustice. Directly the government is calling anarchy so that their evil deeds could be covered and continue. If government had restructure socio-economic, be sensitive to Political/military appointments the secessionists could be abated. If military will return Nigeria to initial structure before 1966 coup so be it. The way and manner the country is being managed called for drastic solutions. Military as usual could be the way out kidnap, insurgents, secession.

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2021
olatade:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Aye mi oooo
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:10pm On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:

Here are the results

Soyinka is over 83, yet his hands are smooth.

The fact is that we age differently.

Moreover, anyone can age quickly and then begin to look younger as soon as they change an aspect of their lifestyle that may be causing the aging.

For example, the type of food we eat can trigger ageing. A dietician can help you draw up a nice timetable to reverse your ageing process.

In the case of Buhari, his ageing was due to the sickness he had. As soon as he recovered, he began to look fresh again.

So, I don't understand all those dumb conspiracy theories that you people are busy sharing about.

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 6:17pm On May 29, 2021
JooEeL:

Here are the results

Maybe he’s using Tura soap! grin I hear it does wonders for the skin! shocked

1 Like

Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Jomonix: 6:35pm On May 29, 2021
olatade:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wale Odunsi: Buhari And The Fear Of Another Coup, War In Nigeria by Kryptonvinyl(m): 6:50pm On May 29, 2021
Nigeria matter no concern me again.

Get quality data at affordable prices.

500MB - #180
1GB - #300
2GB - #600
3GB - #900
5GB - #1500

DM on WhatsApp:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting / Visit America And Be Absent At 2019 Election – Prophet Dares Atiku Abubakar / Nuhu Ribadu: No Oil Billionaire Since Buhari Became Petroleum Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.