Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) (78562 Views)

Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) / This Caterpillar Mimics A Scary Skull To Keep Predators At Bay (Photos) / Nigerian Teen From Akwa Ibom Created Caterpillar Which He Controls With Syringe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 6:29am On May 31, 2021
SonofGod231:

Why can't people just be decent without attaching it to being religious? Why only be good because God told you to be? I've never got that.
I was brought up catholic, obliged to go to church every sunday my whole youth. Getting hit in prepschool wit a stick on our butt if we couldn't say the religious texts by heart. Going to Holy Mass every day in my first year at boarding school. We weren't allowed to have our own say, we were always thought wrong, our parents and priests always knew better. Every evening we prayed the rosary, in my teens I must have said about 440.000 Hail Mary's and 35,000 Our fathers before my 19th birthday, Never were my thoughts with the words I said.My Parents still sent me to a university where I had to stand up any where I was on Campus by 12noon and say Hail Mary.
Okija then was Hell.
From,The moment I left my parents house and went for youth service I never went to church anymore except marriages and burials til now.

That is religion for you. They indoctrinate children to ensure their survival.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 6:32am On May 31, 2021
rabzy:

The Bible has a purpose and it is to lead men to salvation..for men to be completely equipped for every good work. The Bible does not need to go in-depth into details of how man was created for it to achieve its purpose. It's not a scientific book, so it is not surprising that many details are not included.

That being said, there are some verses that shed some light on your questions.

Psalms 134v15
New American Standard Bible
My frame was not hidden from You When I was made in secret, And skillfully formed in the depths of the earth

NASB 1977
My frame was not hidden from Thee, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth.

Amplified Bible
My frame was not hidden from You, When I was being formed in secret, And intricately and skillfully formed [as if embroidered with many colors] in the depths of the earth.

Also verse 16
Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; All its parts were written in your book Regarding the days when they were formed, Before any of them existed.

and in thy book all [my members] were written: [which] in continuance
were fashioned, when [as yet there was] none of them;
in the book of God's eternal mind, and designs, the plan of the human body was drawn, all the parts of it described, and their form, places, and uses fixed, even when as yet not one of them was in actual being; but in due time they are all exactly formed and fashioned according to the model of them in the mind of God; who has as perfect knowledge of them beforehand as if they were written down in a book before him, Or "in thy book are written all [of them], what days they should be fashioned"; not only each of the members of the body were put down in this book, but each of the days in which they should be formed and come into order: "when" as yet there was "none of them"; none of those days, before they took place, even before all time.
So it shows there is a design process which involves skills and intricacy to achieve. Verse 16 mentions that all the parts were written in a book/code such that design process or development follows a pattern like a software code being executed. The minutes or days a cell will divide, when it will fuse with another and form a new member etc

This code is what the scientists call the DNA, which has a record of all the genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth and reproduction of all known organisms.

Genesis shows humans to be the only creature that God created with his hands. Aside from humans, others were simply willed into existence.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 6:34am On May 31, 2021
Joromi1:

No real Christian would be asking those silly questions when they have a Bible. You're an atheist and you wanna argue.

If it makes you feel at ease, then keep believing so.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by Blesyn22(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2021
Master of Camouflage.

The awesomeness of God in his work
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by chatinent: 8:47am On May 31, 2021
CeoMYN:

Natural processes led to our current form and ability.

There's nothing like natural processes. Nothing cannot bring something.

1 Like

Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00am On May 31, 2021
sunshineV:
u mean the creator that said "ask and it shall be given" and later said "god's time is the best" that creator?

Where did God say His time is the best?

Da one na sentence created in Nigeria na
Abi?

1 Like

Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:04pm On May 31, 2021
God is great!
Kókóró tin jefo, ....
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 31, 2021
chatinent:

Natural processes can still be observed today.
We don't really know how matter morphed into absolute existence, but we are currently studying it.

You can't replace something you don't know with a certain tribal deity because you don't understand it.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by niyidenrele: 1:31pm On May 31, 2021
Made me. Remember
That my Old I'm Level Modern Biology
The topic
Adaptation for Survival
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by KenModi(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2021
studio14:
Jehovah the Almighty God never told anyone that he will send him to hellfire rather he told Adam that he will go back to dust because that was where he was created from so teaching of tormenting people in hellfire never emanated from him

Oga read your bible well.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 31, 2021
KenModi:

Oga read your bible well.
I have done that bro and still doing it maybe we can reason from it if it may please you sir?

1 Like

Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by otikpoko(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2021
chatinent:
Was it designed by an intelligent creator or did it evolve?

Are you a witness?
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by chatinent: 5:33pm On May 31, 2021
otikpoko:

Are you a witness?

Yes

1 Like

Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by rabzy: 12:43am On Jun 02, 2021
socialmediaman:

Understood but when you’re arguing with a scientist, you try not to quote too much from the Bible because though that’s your truth, you’re not sounding logical to them. It’s like when you’re in the law court, you don’t win a case with Bible quotes, you win with evidence, facts, logic, and witnesses

There was no premise, he never said he is a scientist and his question is actually biblical not scientific.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by rabzy: 12:59am On Jun 02, 2021
rottennaija:

Genesis shows humans to be the only creature that God created with his hands. Aside from humans, others were simply willed into existence.

This is not true.

Then God said: “Let the waters swarm with living creatures, and let flying creatures fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” 21 And God created the great sea creatures and all living creatures that move and swarm in the waters according to their kinds and every winged flying creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

The act of creating is not the same as wishing or willing something into existence...the statement 'and God said let there be be' is showing his intent his purpose that must come to pass....it does not mean actual work is not done to make it come to fruition.

Then God said: “Let there be luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night, and they will serve as signs for seasons and for days and years. 15 They will serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” And it was so. 16 And God went on to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. 17 Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth

The bolded shows active action, work done, effort...

To create something means to actually think and act. It is not an appearing or disappearing act.

Psalms 136v5

5He skillfully made the heavens,

Skill requires thinking, creativity, design, work,
The word 'made' cannot mean anything but action, work and activity.

Proverbs 8v29
When he set a decree for the sea That its waters should not pass beyond his order, When he established the foundations of the earth, 30 Then I was beside him as a master worker..

When God was setting the foundations of the earth..he didn't even do it alone, someone was beside him as a master worker not just an apprentice...he was a like a supervisor, a foreman, a lead architect...so if God was just wishing things into existence..what need would he have for any work to be done or for a master worker...how many workers did he even use if he had a master worker?....there are clues in Bible to some religious truths...as far as we are using the Bible as the basis for this particular discussion

So just reading ' let there be light and there was light' is reading just to pass, not to know, understand and discern.

3 Likes

Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by ableguy(m): 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
chatinent:

Don't mind them, yet they believe in cause and effect.
Re: This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) by Raggy(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
Wow, nature is beauty personified

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crocodiles In A Zoo In Abeokuta: Fake Or Real? (Photos) / Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) / 'Ghost' Human Ancestor Discovered In West Africa. Linked To Yoruba, Esan People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.