Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews (27962 Views)

Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request / Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka / Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Ubong2222222222(m): 6:54pm On May 30, 2021
fergie0o1:
Tennis No. 2 seed, Naomi Osaka has been fined $15000 in the wake of her infringement of mandatory media interviews at Roland-Garros.

Naomi Osaka announced on Wednesday via social media, that she would not participate in the mandatory media interviews at Roland-Garros 2021.

Naomi Osaka

Following this announcement, the Roland-Garros teams asked her to reconsider her position and tried unsuccessfully to speak with her to check on her well-being, understand the specifics of her issue and what might be done to address it on site.

Roland Garros
grin
fergie0o1:
Tennis No. 2 seed, Naomi Osaka has been fined $15000 in the wake of her infringement of mandatory media interviews at Roland-Garros.

Naomi Osaka announced on Wednesday via social media, that she would not participate in the mandatory media interviews at Roland-Garros 2021.

Naomi Osaka

Following this announcement, the Roland-Garros teams asked her to reconsider her position and tried unsuccessfully to speak with her to check on her well-being, understand the specifics of her issue and what might be done to address it on site.

Roland Garros
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by sunnyp20(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
Thank you bro. Don't mind modafuckas that want to eat their cake and have it. It's someone's business to.
SUPERPACK:
Those interviews are paid for by media companies and not taking part in it means a loss to them. Do you know that media sponsors pay millions for those interview. She signed to abide by the rules when she became a member of the association and should stick to the terms of her contract. The money she is paid as an association of tennis member is not coming from the air, you can't hate the hen and still eat her eggs. She should thread with caution and know that the media agencies are a powerful tool in her choice of trade and can cause a lot of trouble for her should she be perceived as a threat to their business.

4 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by baddosky1: 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
Foolish girl wey cut my N72,000 ticket last year angry
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by ruggedtimi(m): 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
She no know say Na the media dey bring money for the sport.

2 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Danny50: 6:57pm On May 30, 2021
Same media that destroyed Donald trumph administation. Saka becarefulg

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by airsaylongcome: 6:58pm On May 30, 2021
marveangel:
I support her decision not to grant interviews. Yes I understand it is expected of her as an athlete but what if she doesn't want to or feel like it. Isn't it just wrong to make people do something they do not feel comfortable doing?

Loads of people wake up everyday and go to the office to do what they have to do whether their "feel like it" or not. If she doesn't want to do press, them she should pull out of the French. I am not against her not doing press. But when you sign up for a job, you don't get to pick what you can and can't do

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by ozoebuka1(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2021
I'm a fan of hers
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by jude5240(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2021
Please, reason with her on this. It's her health here.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by bjtinz: 7:00pm On May 30, 2021
You voluntarily signed up to honor the agreement and now you're wailing about 'mental health'? Abegi.

7 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by airsaylongcome: 7:00pm On May 30, 2021
Felabrity:
Rubbish

Its her mental health we are talking about here

She can "resign" or take a sick leave. If I had mental health issues at my office that's what I'd do.

7 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lifestone(m): 7:01pm On May 30, 2021
marveangel:
I support her decision not to grant interviews. Yes I understand it is expected of her as an athlete but what if she doesn't want to or feel like it. Isn't it just wrong to make people do something they do not feel comfortable doing?
And she wants the money and the fame. Who knows her if not for the privilege of being a tennis star.
You want to chop without paying the full price., kole work!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Vinnie2000(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2021
Nice one from dis Association! A big Kudos to Dem!!

See d way she's sounding!!..

You cannot make some Personal Rules when you re part of an Organization!! N it is the Organization dat pays ur bills or Made you Famous!!.. sad

Just like doz EPL Managers(Tuchel, Arteta, Pep,etc) saying They dont want do Pre-match or Post-match conference due to some Personal reasons!!
Dats unacceptable!!

It's also like doz JW who will be working in Nigeria n enjoying Nigeria's Benefits, e.g npower, Pensions,etc but REFUSE to sing d National Anthem!![sub][/sub] angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by bjtinz: 7:02pm On May 30, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Loads of people wake up everyday and go to the office to do what they have to do whether their "feel like it" or not. If she doesn't want to do press, them she should pull out of the French. I am not against her not doing press. But when you sign up for a job, you don't get to pick what you can and can't do

I tire ooo. All these celebrities sef

3 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by wonder233: 7:03pm On May 30, 2021
This has nothing to do with "mental health". She is just a snub, a psuedo-woke one at that. The classic trademark is in deploying vague terms like "mental health". You read through her write-up, she ended up saying nothing. To those saying "she is campaigning for change", okay, the organisers reached out to you, isn't that the perfect opportunity to table what specific issues you have?
You play tennis for a few years and you suddenly think the world revolves around you? Where do you think the millions you're paid is generated from? Those same Tv/media broadcast rights!.
Like someone said, many people don't feel like waking up on Monday mornings to go to work, but they do it anyway cos they have to.
They should invoke the other relevant sanctions and yank off the snub.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by BRATISLAVA: 7:03pm On May 30, 2021
budaatum:
She is fighting for change, and I will not be surprised if she finds support amongst her peers and gets that change eventually.

I now accept her as a suitable successor in my mind for my darling Serena.

Go, Osaka! Go Girl!

Is the change necessary? If every other sportsperson does this, what will the future of sports be?

Too much woke individuality is dangerous in the long-run. All the focus on mental health is creating more mentally unstable people, because they can't control their emotions any more. It's gone overboard.

The excuse of mental health is getting too much. Everyone has issues and things they don't like, but they get over it to do what they need to and should.

Very soon teachers will tell us they have anxiety and want to teach from behind a screen to save their mental health.

11 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by lastempero: 7:05pm On May 30, 2021
But she penned a contract and this is one of the terms and they even tried to reach out to her n apparently she was inaccessible, thats not ok .

5 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 30, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Those interviews are paid for by media companies and not taking part in it means a loss to them. Do you know that media sponsors pay millions for those interview. She signed to abide by the rules when she became a member of the association and should stick to the terms of her contract. The money she is paid as an association of tennis member is not coming from the air, you can't hate the hen and still eat her eggs. She should thread with caution and know that the media agencies are a powerful tool in her choice of trade and can cause a lot of trouble for her should she be perceived as a threat to their business.
well said

4 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by stayclearofme: 7:06pm On May 30, 2021
jude5240:
Please, reason with her on this. It's her health here.
Why didn't she ask for exclusion while signing the contract?

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 7:07pm On May 30, 2021
Why did she sign the contract when she knows she wouldn't be able to keep up with the terms, had she won she'd have happily granted the interview. Does she think life is a bed of roses and she'll keep winning for life? Yet another disadvantage of giving children consolation prize for participating in a game, spoilt generation.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by pacespot(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2021
This woman has been a social activist right from day one, her half Japanese, half Haitian status has even made many of her moves controversial to the Western media. She is a big voice behind BlackLivesMatter movement and many other social activisms around the world. I support her on this one. Today's world is so much in the hands of big donors and media investors.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by baralatie(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2021
Felabrity:
Rubbish

Then she shouldn't have attended the event sitting medical reasons

2 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by anselm791(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2021
Felabrity:
Rubbish

Let her speak to her doctor please?
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by adioolayi(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2021
Your winnings comes from the sponsorship deals ...How will you not grant interviews You want earnings and you don't want sponsors to promote their brands Are they charity organizations

There is always returns expected from every investment..

This is a fight you can't win...you rather quit as an athlete.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 7:15pm On May 30, 2021
wonder233:
This has nothing to do with "mental health". She is just a snub, a psuedo-woke one at that. The classic trademark is in deploying vague terms like "mental health". You read through her write-up, she ended up saying nothing. To those saying "she is campaigning for change", okay, the organisers reached out to you, isn't that the perfect opportunity to table what specific issues you have?
You play tennis for a few years and you suddenly think the world revolves around you? Where do you think the millions you're paid is generated from? Those same Tv/media broadcast rights!.
Like someone said, many people don't feel like waking up on Monday mornings to go to work, but they do it anyway cos they have to.
They should invoke the other relevant sanctions and yank off the snub.
Spot on, these attention seeking Children, they'll do everything to court attention even when she's lost a match.

3 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by baralatie(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
Why did she sign the contract when she knows she wouldn't be able to keep up with the terms, had she won she'd have happily granted the interview. Does she think life is a bed of roses and she'll keep winning for life? Yet another disadvantage of giving children consolation prize for participating in a game, spoilt generation.
That was where she landed into trouble

3 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by anselm791(m): 7:15pm On May 30, 2021
You signed the contract for Pete's sake.
You didn't think of your mental health when you were signing it?
I'm sorry Princess, you can't eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by adioolayi(m): 7:16pm On May 30, 2021
pacespot:
This woman has been a social activist right from day one, her half Japanese, half Haitian status has even made many of her moves controversial to the Western media. She is a big voice behind BlackLivesMatter movement and many other social activisms around the world. I support her on this one. Today's world is so much in the hands of big donors and media investors.

Unfortunately, that's where the big earnings from these competitions comes from....She should rather not attend...She can't say she won't grant interview..not just possible.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by anselm791(m): 7:18pm On May 30, 2021
budaatum:
She is fighting for change, and I will not be surprised if she finds support amongst her peers and gets that change eventually.

Go, Osaka! Go Girl!

It's not gonna happen.
At least not this way.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Fiscus105(m): 7:18pm On May 30, 2021
budaatum:

Go, Osaka! Go Girl!

pride comes before destruction

4 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by RMoneyInTheBank: 7:19pm On May 30, 2021
SUPERPACK:
..dont mind her... Her mental health did not stop her from participating, but it stopped her from granting interviews

6 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Felabrity: 7:22pm On May 30, 2021
airsaylongcome:

She can "resign" or take a sick leave. If I had mental health issues at my office that's what I'd do.
I understand them

They don't want to look powerless against Osaka

I am sure the fine amount is nothing to her, compared to her salary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Footballer Ugochi Desire Oparanozie Shows Off Her Swag In New Photos / Ideye Brown Makes Ukrainian Newspaper Frontpage Over Two Kids With White Woman / Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.