Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews (27943 Views)

Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request / Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka / Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by A305: 7:22pm On May 30, 2021
Chai, they have fine my crush.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by omoadeleye(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2021
Felabrity:
Rubbish

Its her mental health we are talking about here

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Chinny024(f): 7:26pm On May 30, 2021
She should have allowed them to gather that their crusade round her mouth first. Just throw 1 or 2 sneezes followed by coughing.. Then watch and see how they would be dispersed immediately...
Next time,they won't near you anyhow..
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by byteem: 7:27pm On May 30, 2021
When she beat serena Williams she dint claim.mental health.. oh it's such joy to finally play with my Idol she said.. now all of a sudden she is claiming mental health.. park well . Suspend the small bitch

7 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by RuMiRgO1stSon: 7:28pm On May 30, 2021
Go! My crush Go! Osaka all the way wink
#YourhealthMatters_more...�
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by kyuniii(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2021
zxxtx:
I don’t know her but she’s so pretty
I know her and she is so pretty.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by loswhite(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2021
ninocia18:
Hmm... I really get what she's getting though. But there's two sides to this. If it's part of what she signed up for, then she's has to meet the obligations. On the other hand, sport associations globally are all about the money and don't care about the athletes because they feel the money they get covers up for all the stress and things they go through. So in a way, I stand with her and I think the other athletes who aren't all about the money would stand with her too.
If they aren't all about the money then they can quit the sport....rubbish!!!
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 30, 2021
It is well known that the media and organizers of competition are after profit only. Until there is a mass protest before they correct all their errors.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 30, 2021
Simplyleo:
So refusal to grant interview is an offence? undecided

Anyway, what do I know?

So you no know

You no dey see pre match and post match press conference for top football leagues

The thing is tiring but na there money dey come from

Wondered why for football no be everytime captain dey join those press briefing !
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Druss(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2021
Watch as the oyinbo try to crush her especially the French.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Femeto: 7:37pm On May 30, 2021
fergie0o1:
Tennis No. 2 seed, Naomi Osaka has been fined $15000 in the wake of her infringement of mandatory media interviews at Roland-Garros.

Naomi Osaka announced on Wednesday via social media, that she would not participate in the mandatory media interviews at Roland-Garros 2021.

Naomi Osaka

Following this announcement, the Roland-Garros teams asked her to reconsider her position and tried unsuccessfully to speak with her to check on her well-being, understand the specifics of her issue and what might be done to address it on site.

Roland Garros
She should go any question they as her she should just be saying next next until they are tired.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
It is well known that the media and organizers of competition are after profit only. Until there is a mass protest before they correct all their errors.
What error? Is it an offence to run a business? They're paying her for the interviews and exposé and she's claiming mental health! Who organises competitions for anything else other then profit?

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
Druss:
Watch as the oyinbo try to crush her especially the French.
The French don't play with their money.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 7:45pm On May 30, 2021
They should sue her for breach of contract. Where does her money come from? Did she think she can take on media outlets? A big joke.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Minjim: 7:47pm On May 30, 2021
Felabrity:
Rubbish

What stops her from discussing it with them?
You have a problem? Come, let's talk. But she won't.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Felabrity: 7:48pm On May 30, 2021
Minjim:

What stops her from discussing it with them?
You have a problem? Come, let's talk. But she won't.
she already posted it about 1-3 days ago on her Instagram page
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Minjim: 7:49pm On May 30, 2021
Felabrity:
she already posted it about 1-3 days ago on her Instagram page

Lol! Are you for real?

On her Instagram.
Did she sign the contract on her Instagram?

2 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Ishilove: 7:49pm On May 30, 2021
There is just so much you can swallow before it begins to affect your mental wellbeing. Just about so much
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by annisy(f): 7:52pm On May 30, 2021
It is either she is fighting for change or depression has taken over
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 30, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
What error? Is it an offence to run a business? They're paying her for the interviews and exposé and she's claiming mental health! Who organises competitions for anything else other then profit?
Paying so they can make more profit without considering who is hurt. undecided Competitions are also for relaxation which is good for the health.

Are you saying it is justified the mental health of the participants is ignored because of the profit of the people who invested for the sake of fun and relaxation of others?

Are you saying because she is making money in the completions, she should not protect herself from the insanity of the media who isn't checked because they have super power and can go against anyone just like they showed us how they dealt with Trump?

I do not know your age, but would you stop your daughter or sister from participating because she has an "obligation" to answer bull crap and disgusting questions from the media?

I understand her. When a big shot like her goes after the media, and we rally to support her, they will be protected more from the swords of the media. If not, the media will keep inflicting serious wounds in their hearts, and no one will do anything. The act is not to be rude, but to save lives.

Sir, can you see what she is trying to do?

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by ceragon123: 8:00pm On May 30, 2021
They will take care of her in any form in respect to mental health. The system needs her more than she needs them. It the kind of trade she is involved with. When you grant these interviews, they use it follow up on you and update you on so many things. They practically design her life but don't own her. Terms and conditions.
This is why miss world are always won by women that are smart. They try to engage you to know your level of emotional intelligent(competence level) and personality. They keep them sane from the world they are in with these conditions. Social change is a whirlwind and will always come to clean the society. With modifications and common ground discoveries, we can always embrace such changes and consider the outcome after dialogue and compromise.

She should do a white paper.

Felabrity:
Rubbish

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Tokkson: 8:04pm On May 30, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Paying so they can make more profit without considering who is hurt. undecided Competitions are also for relaxation which is good for the health.

Are you saying it is justified the mental health of the participants is ignored because of the profit of the people who invested for the sake of fun and relaxation of others?

Are you saying because she is making money in the completions, she should not protect herself from the insanity of the media who isn't checked because they have super power and can go against anyone just like they showed us how they dealt with Trump?

I do not know your age, but would you stop your daughter or sister from participating because she has an "obligation" to answer bull crap and disgusting questions from the media?

I understand her. When a big shot like her goes after the media, and we rally to support her, they will be protected more from the swords of the media. If not, the media will keep inflicting serious wounds in their hearts, and no one will do anything. The act is not to be rude, but to save lives.

Ogbeni, you're just being unnecessarily emotional. Most athletics don't like interviews, especially after a loss. But its a routine they're bound to fulfill whether it pleases them or not because it's where the bulk of the money they're paid comes from.

Serena has broken down in tears during interview sessions countless number of times. She has even walked out of an interview once. But it didn't stop her from apologizing and honoring subsequent interviews.

And you can't impose on media the kinda questions you want to be asked. They live and earn from juicy and controversial topics.

If you aren't please with a question asked, you can simply decline to respond and move on to the next question.

Interviews are simply an obligatory routine you're bound to perform as an athlete.

Simple.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Dchampion65: 8:15pm On May 30, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Those interviews are paid for by media companies and not taking part in it means a loss to them. Do you know that media sponsors pay millions for those interview. She signed to abide by the rules when she became a member of the association and should stick to the terms of her contract. The money she is paid as an association of tennis member is not coming from the air, you can't hate the hen and still eat her eggs. She should thread with caution and know that the media agencies are a powerful tool in her choice of trade and can cause a lot of trouble for her should she be perceived as a threat to their business.

You are absolutely correct.
But sometimes during interview you will see them grasping for breath due to the stress on the court.
Both parties should address the issue with a rest of about 20 minutes after each game before granting an interview
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by peeps4u: 8:18pm On May 30, 2021
All these wouldn't have been necessary if she had pulled out of the match/event citing mental health. Why would mental health allow you play the match because of the money she would get from it but wouldn't be able to grant interviews where sponsors and brands get money?

Be sincere in your judgement and put aside emotions and bias.
PeaceJoyLove:

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 8:18pm On May 30, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

It is a contractual agreement! If she had won she'd have happily granted the interview, why did She sign the agreement if she can't keep up? Mental health is not an excuse if you've been paid, the media houses and investors have their own problems too but they Still provided her with a platform to showcase her talents.
From the comments here i now know why women set up business and it fails, within years too much emotion when rational decisions are to be taken. They should sue her.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Lonelypacifist6: 8:21pm On May 30, 2021
ceragon123:
They will take care of her in any form in respect to mental health. The system needs her more than she needs them. It the kind of trade she is involved with. When you grant these interviews, they use it follow up on you and update you on so many things. They practically design her life but don't own her. Terms and conditions.
This is why miss world are always won by women that are smart. They try to engage you to know your level of emotional intelligent(competence level) and personality. They keep them sane from the world they are in with these conditions. Social change is a whirlwind and will always come to clean the society. With modifications and common ground discoveries, we can always embrace such changes and consider the outcome after dialogue and compromise.

She should do a white paper.

She needs the system more than they need her. They'll ruin her career if she's choses to go down this path.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by duni04(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2021
naijapips02:
Woke generation. This generation is the most dyfunctional. Everybody is an activist. Everything is a fight.
Completely agree! In our quest for liberalism, we habe raised woke masters that think any kind of change is wonderful and brilliant. In Naomi's case, instead of trying to overcome her shyness and face the media that gives her the money to flaunt all those things she flaunts on the gram, she's decided to turn media shyness into a mental health issue and resist doing the mandatory media interviews. Shameful!

2 Likes

Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 30, 2021
Tokkson:

Ogbeni, you're just being unnecessarily emotional. Most athletics don't like interviews, especially after a loss. But its a routine they're bound to fulfill whether it pleases them or not because it's where the bulk of the money they're paid comes from.

Serena has broken down in tears during interview sessions countless number of times. She has even walked out of an interview once. But it didn't stop her from apologizing and honoring subsequent interviews.

And you can't impose on media the kinda questions you want to be asked. They live and earn from juicy and controversial topics.

If you aren't please with a question asked, you can simply decline to respond and move on to the next question.

Interviews are simply an obligatory routine you're bound to perform as an athlete.

Simple.
Ogbeni, is it normal for the underlined to happen because you are making profit?

Please, don't ever try the emotion thing with me. If I put emotion there, I will tear you to pieces cos of the points I will bring. Leave my or your emotion aside, and face the facts we are talking about. I have just asked question. Answer...if you cannot, leave it. Leave my emotiona dnyour emotion out of it.
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 30, 2021
peeps4u:
All these wouldn't have been necessary if she had pulled out of the match/event citing mental health. Why would mental health allow you play the match because of the money she would get from it but wouldn't be able to grant interviews where sponsors and brands get money?

Be sincere in your judgement and put aside emotions and bias.
Are you really OK?

I guess you need to really check yourself. Not abusing you, but you need to. This Buhari time has made you to not reason like a compassionate person. Really? Are you OK?
Re: Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 30, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
[u]It is a contractual agreement! [/u]If she had won she'd have happily granted the interview, why did She sign the agreement if she can't keep up? Mental health is not an excuse if you've been paid, the media houses and investors have their own problems too but they Still provided her with a platform to showcase her talents.
From the comments here i now know why women set up business and it fails, within years too much emotion when rational decisions are to be taken. They should sue her.
Laws are meant to be challenged. Rules are meant to be enforced to change for better. And contracts can be rules out when it is damaging people. Humanity compassion and goodwill always win at the end of the day because it is the right thing to do. Maybe you should ask FIFA why life contracts were banned when African desperate and illiterate players were lured into it. Go and ask what happened to Taribo West and Phillip Osondu. At last FIFA stopped it. The issue is that the clause is mandatory meaning they are forced to do it.

Is it by force to give interview? Na by force? And if you think it is where you make money, then, remove media hostility which is having negative issue on players. Imagine one guy saying bodly Serena William has walked out crying after interviews. And it is normal to the guy. Are you guys OK?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cameroon Prophet Elijah Abiri Prophesied That Cameroon Will Defeat Nigeria 3:1 / Tomori Still Eligible For Super Eagles After England Snub / Super Falcons Player Were Underpaid By FG, Set To Protest Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.