Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,828 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) (33771 Views)

Suspected IPOB Gunmen Burn Down Cars And Tricycles In Owerri Okigwe Road / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag / Two Killed As Thugs Burn INEC Buses In Akwa Ibom - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by oshozondii: 5:50pm On May 30, 2021
Gunmen set INEC office ablaze at Okwudor in Njaba local government area, Imo

This recent attack is coming less than 24 hours after a high court, Magistrate court and a police station was set ablaze by unknown gunmen in the area.

https://twitter.com/tvcnewsng/status/1399044313993166850?s=19

INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION INEC - HEADQUARTERS Plot 436, Zambezi Crescent Maltama District. P.M.8 0184, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.

PRESS RELEASE
INEC OFFICE IN NJABA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IMO STATE SET ABLAZE

Our Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for Imo State, Professor Francis Ezeonu, has reported that our office in Njaba Local Government Area of Imo State was set ablaze today Sunday 30th May 2021.

Although no life was lost, the building was substantially burnt down, along with electoral materials, office equipment and furniture.
This latest incident has been reported to the Police for investigation.

This attack is corning exactly a week after our office in Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area of the State was vandalized on Sunday 23rd May 2021. It is also the 8th INEC office to be attacked in Imo State since the 2019 General Election.

The total number of INEC offices attacked nationwide since 2019 has now risen to 42.
INEC buildings, infrastructure and equipment are critical national assets that guarantee the continuity of electoral activities throughout the federation. Attacking these offices is not in the national interest and has the capacity of compromising electoral activities and the credibility of the democratic process.

Festus Okoye Esq. National Commissioner & Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee. Sunday 30th May 2021.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Luckydubby7(m): 6:13pm On May 30, 2021
Just read the breaking news on channel TV now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by LegendHero(m): 6:15pm On May 30, 2021
Unknown Gunmen on the beat.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:17pm On May 30, 2021
What have we gained with INEC

130 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 30, 2021
dam!!!!! niger isorite

INEC don buy market ooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by olatade(m): 6:23pm On May 30, 2021
Someone who is angry with his neighbours sets his own house on fire & makes it uninhabitable for his own children, who then take refuge in the neighbours’ houses. But he claims to be fighting to ‘liberate’ his children. This is the madness going on now in a part of this country.

Festus keyamo,SAN

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Unbiased1: 6:23pm On May 30, 2021
Unik3030:
God bless unknown gunmen,they should quickly move to government hospitals
Unknown Gunmen in the East are not stupid like your brothers in the north east. wink
As if INEC is a useful organisation. When the people vote for who they want, Supreme Court will override the people's decision.
It's so clear that there won't be any election in the East in 2023. Those useless Igbo politicians eyeing the Presidency, let me see how they will campaign in the East grin

139 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Unik3030: 6:23pm On May 30, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
What have we gained with INEC

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Unik3030: 6:28pm On May 30, 2021
olatade:
Someone who is angry with his neighbours sets his own house on fire & makes it uninhabitable for his own children, who then take refuge in the neighbours’ houses. But he claims to be fighting to ‘liberate’ his children. This is the madness going on now in a part of this country.

Festus keyamo,SAN
just imagine,they don't even realise the number of people they have rendered jobless which will lead to frustration n crime

They don't realise that there are no jobs but they released hardened criminals forgetting that if he's idle for too long he will go back to crime

They don't even understand that in times of chaos people will settle scores n anything goes

I can rob that neighbour of mine that I envy n label it unknown gunmen
I can rape that girl I have been eyeing for so long n label it gunmen
Politicians can even sponsor attack n label it gunmen
Cultist can also settle any score n go Scot free.

It's on this forum that a guy reported that someone raped a lady n there's no police to report the case too n the guy was even bragging.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by fourboys: 6:29pm On May 30, 2021
This is getting out of hand oooo grin grin grin
Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:31pm On May 30, 2021
Unik3030:

You can lead the way for them

15 Likes

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by bcomputer101: 6:36pm On May 30, 2021
oga ooo.

O ti di woro si worol

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Coldsperm: 6:55pm On May 30, 2021
Unik3030:
just imagine,they don't even realise the number of people they have rendered jobless which will lead to frustration n crime

They don't realise that there are no jobs but they released hardened criminals forgetting that if he's idle for too long he will go back to crime

They don't even understand that in times of chaos people will settle scores n anything goes

It's on this forum that a guy reported that someone raped a lady n there's no police to report the case too n the guy was even bragging.
Are you people insane or what? I haven't seen this kind of "attache by force" all my life. Don't you guys hate Igbo people again? So why are you all over the place spitting saliva in what does not concern you. Are you aware that at least 30 persons are kidnapped daily in the north. How many people have died in the north in the past one week alone. And you are concerned about the East. Tufiakwa, I never see.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by viyon02: 7:06pm On May 30, 2021
We will soon get there.
Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Chatflick(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2021
UGM on the beat

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by tillaman(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Yeeyo: 7:41pm On May 30, 2021
Its now that I remember that inec office is still exist in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by chatinent: 7:41pm On May 30, 2021
Oh men!
Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by mzBEAM(f): 7:41pm On May 30, 2021
Say no to 2023 election

Sane Southerners say no to One Nigeria.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:41pm On May 30, 2021
Nawa oo. Who dey burn all these things sef?
Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by judetov2(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
K
Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by slivertongue: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
am beginning to suspect d fg and her forces

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by DonCortino: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
it beats me how these criminals go on destroying inec offices and police stations with no form of resistance from the army or police who only appear later.

my take on this is that the government is sponsoring these attacks and the ipob fools are busy jeering in support not knowing they are spoiling all the chances of what they are fighting for.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by helinues: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
Good

Sebi that man Buhari they prove he is stubborn abi, he must hear am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Trailblazer1(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
When all INEC's offices are burnt in the southeast, it automatically means there won't be any elections in the southeast grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by heniford2: 7:42pm On May 30, 2021
Unik3030:

try it first know you think is easy go try am first grin

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Burn INEC Office In Njaba, Imo State (Photos) by Koryc: 7:43pm On May 30, 2021
Nah wah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: AlphaBeta MD Dapo Apara Blows Whistle Accuses Firm Of Money Laundering / Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law / Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.