Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,174 members, 7,957,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup (12028 Views)

ECOWAS Suspends Burkina Faso Following Coup / Sudan Military Declares State Of Emergency After Coup, Dissolves Cabinet / ECOWAS Suspends Mali, To Impose Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by HonNL: 10:27pm On May 30, 2021
West African leaders, meeting in a regional summit Sunday, suspended Mali from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) bodies after a second coup by the Malian military.

"The suspension from ECOWAS takes immediate effect until the deadline of the end of February 2022 when they are supposed to hand over to a democratically elected government," Ghana's Foreign Minister Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey told reporters.

"One of the decisions of the heads of state is that they should ensure that in the next few days a civilian prime minister is put in place to form the next government," she added.

SOURCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by chatinent: 10:29pm On May 30, 2021
Wetin ECOWAS mah dey do?

Abeg, contact me for your thesis and dissertations writing.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Dduce0: 10:29pm On May 30, 2021
So much to talk about in Africa currently

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Amos1423(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2021
What does ECOWAS mean and what's has been their proposition since it was established? What difference does ECOWAS make with the likes of Buhari, Mesuveni, Ramphosa and the rest of African dictators? In the truth Africa has not been able to paint a true picture of itself after the era of neo-colonialim.

Congratulations to Mali!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Powersurge: 11:20pm On May 30, 2021
ECOWAS has no impact or significance to any nation to the extent of causing serious shakeup should such be banned.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by sapientia(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2021
Hypocrites

Toothless bulldogs

Deadline of February 2022

Well, a meeting attended by Buhari.

Circus � Clowns

16 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by BruncleZuma: 11:35pm On May 30, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Lalami3232(m): 6:24am On May 31, 2021
grin grin... Wetin be the benefit of ECOWAS? Make we use 9ja as an example sef. 9ja wey carry ECOWAS for head, wetin we don benefit from inside? Mali people,make una no mind dem jare.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "The day I go born girl pikin, I go cry like when Chelsea win UCL"

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by pickatyouu: 6:24am On May 31, 2021
Can they please suspend Nigeria because of buhari cluelessness

Well if ecowas go entertain buhari they are useless themselves.

13 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Pierce008: 6:24am On May 31, 2021
grin
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Bar1941(m): 6:25am On May 31, 2021
Toothless Dog called ECOWAS, who dem help in the first instance? Make them park well....

Similar scenario will soon happen in Nigeria, it's just a matter of when.

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On May 31, 2021
Way to go.......

One of the decisions of the heads of state is that they should ensure that in the next few days a civilian prime minister is put in place to form the next government," she added.
We can't wait to see the outcome of this

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by DMechyy: 6:25am On May 31, 2021
Ecowas should suspend herself
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by illicit(m): 6:25am On May 31, 2021
That must be Buharis suggestion

7 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by FalseProphet1(m): 6:25am On May 31, 2021
And what are the benefits of being in the nonsense ECOWAS sef aside calling meetings to beg Europe, Asia and America for loans and survival funds.

I see the Mali military getting approval from France to stay in power and ignoring ECOWAS.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by AskiaHarem(m): 6:28am On May 31, 2021
pickatyouu:
Can they please suspend Nigeria because of buhari cluelessness

Nigeria funds 80% of ECOWAS and is the undisputed regional power of West Africa so no. cheesy Cry somewhere else please. grin

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Gkay1(m): 6:29am On May 31, 2021
They should just suspend Nigeria because of buhari.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Premiumwriter2: 6:29am On May 31, 2021
The way we were indoctrinated in schools in those days to see this organisation is not the way they are.

Now I feel sorry for teaching other kids to see these organisations as though they are perfect, immutable and grandstanding.

6 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by temitope27(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2021
Who is ECOWAS

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2021
Democracy can't work in all countries. Every system of government has its own advantages and disadvantages.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by pickatyouu: 6:31am On May 31, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Nigeria funds 80% of ECOWAS and is the undisputed regional power of West Africa so no. cheesy Cry somewhere else please. grin

You are beneath me, so rant all u want.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by pansophist(m): 6:32am On May 31, 2021
Ecowas, a toothless dog. Apart from free travel, all their meetings and photoshoots, are nothing but a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by miniziter(m): 6:32am On May 31, 2021
I only know of ECOWAS passport. What ECOWAS products do you know?
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by lexy2014: 6:34am On May 31, 2021
HonNL:

SOURCE

If France isn't involved, then ecowas is irrelevant. Goita will transform to a civilian president eventually. Matter resolved
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by tweakdude1: 6:36am On May 31, 2021
miniziter:
I only know of ECOWAS passport. What ECOWAS products do you know?

Corruption

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Koryc: 6:41am On May 31, 2021
Good
One of the decisions of the heads of state is that they should ensure that in the next few days a civilian prime minister is put in place to form the next government,"
But the coup plotters have western backings.
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by aremuforlife(m): 6:52am On May 31, 2021
I pray we won't witness what is about happen in Mali, the comment above shows that most of Nigerians are in support of the coup that took place in Mali, and they are also calling for same to take place in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by KingBelieve: 6:54am On May 31, 2021
Buhari was in the meeting and he was part of the Head of State that took the decision, was he reading scripts in the meeting
Please help a brother, I'm curious to know how and what he contributed.
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by isaythetruth(m): 6:57am On May 31, 2021
When the late Robert Mugabe was ousted by the Zimbabwean Army, did Ecowas condemn it?... Na we dey do ourselves!
Re: ECOWAS Suspends Mali From Its Institutions After Coup by Vulcanheph(m): 7:01am On May 31, 2021
ECOWAS and AU are o
The most important useless organizations in the world today.... All they do is kiss the asses of their foreign masters (U.S. & E.U.)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

America: Allen West Suggests ‘Constitution-Abiding States Should Form A Union’ / Zimbabwe Plans New Currency As Dollar Shortage Bites / Nelson Mandela Is Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.