Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear (1275 Views)

5 Reasons Your Car's Windshield Wiper Is Not Working / Huge Block Of Ice Smashes Through Windshield In Northern China ( Video) / 2019 Guide On How To Repair A Car Windshield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2021
Good evening everyone.

My car windshield is always hazy whenever I drive at night and I hardly see clearly. I’ve bought two different windshield glass cleaners and cleaned throughly but it still remains the same.

Please see the attached picture. See the glare from the car lights.

What can I do?

Cc GAZZUZZ
Blackbishop

Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by bluebay(m): 10:44pm On May 30, 2021
Change your wiper . It’s not wiping your glass entirely. Or if you just sprayed your car, take it back for there’s something they need use in washing your windshield from in and out . It causes similar problems too
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Oksman(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2021
Your windshield may have been impacted by tiny sand particles. The only solution is to buy a new one if possible. I had a similar ish so I am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Blackbishop(m): 9:45am On May 31, 2021
Pillow180:
Good evening everyone.

My car windshield is always hazy whenever I drive at night and I hardly see clearly. I’ve bought two different windshield glass cleaners and cleaned throughly but it still remains the same.

Please see the attached picture. See the glare from the car lights.

What can I do?

Cc GAZZUZZ
Blackbishop

Brother pls just change to a better and do not go for the cheap rainbow coloured ones
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Originalsly: 4:44pm On May 31, 2021
Did you wax the car?.... or used a car wash that contained wax? It may be was on the windshield. If such.... use hot water to wash it and change wiper blades.
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
I’m not sure it’s the wiper. I just got the car. But it was not recently sprayed. Is there a particular thing I car get to clean it?

bluebay:
Change your wiper . It’s not wiping your glass entirely. Or if you just sprayed your car, take it back for there’s something they need use in washing your windshield from in and out . It causes similar problems too
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
Thank you.
Oksman:
Your windshield may have been impacted by tiny sand particles. The only solution is to buy a new one if possible. I had a similar ish so I am talking from experience.
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
alright. Thank you bro
Blackbishop:

Brother pls just change to a better and do not go for the cheap rainbow coloured ones
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
I will try this out also. Thank you.
Originalsly:
Did you wax the car?.... or used a car wash that contained wax? It may be was on the windshield. If such.... use hot water to wash it and change wiper blades.
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by bluebay(m): 12:44am On Jun 04, 2021
Pillow180:
I’m not sure it’s the wiper. I just got the car. But it was not recently sprayed. Is there a particular thing I car get to clean it?

Firstly, change the wiper, then meet a sprayer and complain of what’s happening . They know what to do for you
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Blacklaurel: 1:02am On Jun 04, 2021
Pillow180:

Not recently sprayed or recently sprayed? I'm tempted to think it's the latter from my previous experience. Go the the painter and let him clean the windscreen with thinner.
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by 9icetoo(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Get a glass cleaner (solution), spray on the inside of the glass and wipe down with tissue paper. Use generous amounts of tissue paper.

Repeat the same process on the outside.
Then change your wiper blades.

Sometimes, oil fumes and fine particles settle on the inside of the glass.
Sometimes, mechanics and car wash use dirty rags to wipe the inside of the glass surface creating this haze effect.
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thank you so much for this
Blacklaurel:

Not recently sprayed or recently sprayed? I'm tempted to think it's the latter from my previous experience. Go the the painter and let him clean the windscreen with thinner.
Re: My Car Windshield Is Hazy And Not Clear by Pillow180(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
I’ve bought like two but it did not work. But I’ve not tried out with a tissue paper. Thanks for the help.
9icetoo:
Get a glass cleaner (solution), spray on the inside of the glass and wipe down with tissue paper. Use generous amounts of tissue paper.

Repeat the same process on the outside.
Then change your wiper blades.

Sometimes, oil fumes and fine particles settle on the inside of the glass.
Sometimes, mechanics and car wash use dirty rags to wipe the inside of the glass surface creating this haze effect.

(1) (Reply)

Missing Catalyst Converter And Oxygen Sensor Doesn’t Consume Fuel / New Thermostat/ect Sensor And Catalytic Converter/oxygen Sensors In Abuja / Crazy Accident After Thirdmainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.