Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means (616 Views)

Warning To Ipob And Massob When You Get Power Do Not Misbehave[pics] / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu, Attacked By IPOB Members In Germany / Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In Germany By IPOB Members After Meeting. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Thomist(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2021
To those of you who don't know what this order of staying at home mean.

Remember, IPOB gave the order, but the government have opposed this order through their agent.

What the Sit-At-Home means is that the Federal Government or the State Government are not Legitimate (Meaning that they don't have influence in the named Biafran Territory), therefore, they are not in control or recognized.

For the people of the entire East to obeying IPOB order against the government wish, simply means they don't recognize Nigeria. It means Nigeria authority does not have power in that territory.

Imagine if a secessionist group give such order in US and it's obeyed. It is a national embarrassment. IPOB is sending message to the world by this order, to show the world that South East doesn't belong to Nigeria.

Civilised countries know the meaning of the order.

For IPOB to even assure the world that they are in control, they shifted the date from Sunday to Monday, so the government won't lie that it's because of Sunday Holiday. Nigeria is gone. This is an insult. IPOB is ruling a supposed major part of the country. Even government institution are shutdown.

Some say is because of fear, even in Imo or Palestian where there was full war situation, were the people not coming out?

This is a message to the world that indeed the Igbo are with IPOB and MASSOB, not Nigeria. Even South East government or federal government can't give this order and it will be obeyed, check the Coronavirus case, even with army on the road people were doing their business.

7 Likes

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Adarich(m): 5:38pm On May 31, 2021
GOD BLESS BIAFRA

5 Likes

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by ivolt: 5:43pm On May 31, 2021
Thomist:

What the Sit-At-Home means is that the Federal Government or the State Government are not Legitimate (Meaning that they don't have influence in the named Biafran Territory), therefore, they are not in control or recognized.
It is not a sit at home.
It is a sit at home or die
The choice is obvious for most people.

For the people of the entire East to obeying IPOB order against the government wish, simply means they don't recognize Nigeria. It means Nigeria authority does not have power in that territory.
Go and challenge the government authority and come back to tell your story.

1 Like

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by RuddyFusion(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2021
What this means is that We are mourning our dead heroes and the people are dissatisfied with the Government

Simply....

1 Like

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Thomist(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2021
ivolt:
It is not a sit at home. It is a sit at home or die The choice is obvious for most people.

But they have been challenged, including this sit at home.
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by ivolt: 8:28pm On May 31, 2021
Thomist:

But they have been challenged, including this sit at home.
If you are told kidnappers or killers will be operating at a certain day and you did not go out,
how is that a challenge to the government?

Even in Europe, posting certain cartoon is a death sentence by beheading, does that mean the government
is non-existent?
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 31, 2021
Your eyes go soon clear
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Thomist(m): 10:44pm On May 31, 2021
ivolt:

If you are told kidnappers or killers will be operating at a certain day and you did not go out,

Even in Europe, posting certain cartoon is a death sentence by beheading, does that mean the government
is non-existent?

How do you mean?
If is fear tell Boko Haram to order sit at home in the entire north, let's see if anyone will obey because they kill.

Do you really know what it means for a whole region to be locked down?
my dear, they have been doing it, it doesn't started this year.

1 Like

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by HellAnus: 10:47pm On May 31, 2021
ivolt:

It is not a sit at home.
It is a sit at home or die
The choice is obvious for most people.

U like talking trash. Even 4years ago, sit at home was very successful in all SE states. Or do u also believe that IPOB was a threat 4years ago??

UGM have been challenging the Zoo Govt authority, what have they done? Talk make we hear.. zombies everywhere

2 Likes

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by SLAP44: 11:00pm On May 31, 2021
Thomist:

How do you mean?
If is fear tell Boko Haram to order sit at home in the entire north, let's see if anyone will obey because they kill.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you. You're making good points.
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by loosecanon50(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2021
Thomist:
To those of you who don't know what this order of staying at home mean.

Remember, IPOB gave the order, but the government have opposed this order through their agent.

Imagine if a secessionist group give such order in US and it's obeyed. It is a national embarrassment. IPOB is sending message to the world by this order, to show the world that South East doesn't belong to Nigeria.

Civilised countries know the meaning of the order.

For IPOB to even assure the world that they are in control, they shifted the date from Sunday to Monday, so the government won't lie that it's because of Sunday Holiday. Nigeria is gone. This is an insult. IPOB is ruling a supposed major part of the country. Even government institution are shutdown.

Some say is because of fear, even in Imo or Palestian where there was full war situation, were the people not coming out?

This is a message to the world that indeed the Igbo are with IPOB and MASSOB, not Nigeria. Even South East government or federal government can't give this order and it will be obeyed, check the Coronavirus case, even with army on the road people were doing their business.

Well written, kudos

1 Like

Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:35pm On May 31, 2021
It should be called remeberance day...and shifted to July 6 when the civil war actually started...where thousand of people where killed.....

Other countries observe such so ours should not be different. Even Mexico observe the day of the dead.
The FG should do the needful, they declare June 12 public holiday over one man, why can't they declare July 8 as remembrance day n declare it national holiday for those killed in the civil war
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by ablejesus26(m): 11:43pm On May 31, 2021
Thomist:

How do you mean?

Sit at home is not a massob or ipob thing.
It's a call to honor our dead.
It's a call to honor Our Heroes.
My uncle and I did a candle night to honor his friends who died in battle while he came back alive with a broken leg.
I have families who also didn't come back from the battle field.
My uncle is anti ipob.
I stand against the destructive mode of operations of ipob.
Willie obiano honored our fallen Heroes, does that changes the fact that he is committed to ridding his state off ipob trouble makers.

This is a plain case of forget the messanger and focus on the message.
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by 2elliot: 12:33am On Jun 01, 2021
ivolt:

is non-existent?
The problem is, your police assured the people of their security asking them to go about their lawful duty, but...hmm...they believed ipob(threat as u said) to the assurance of safety by the police. Bih problem.
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Thomist(m): 8:18am On Jun 01, 2021
ablejesus26:

Sit at home is not a massob or ipob thing.
It's a call to honor our dead.
It's a call to honor Our Heroes.
My uncle and I did a candle night to honor his friends who died in battle while he came back alive with a broken leg.
I have families who also didn't come back from the battle field.
My uncle is anti ipob.
I stand against the destructive mode of operations of ipob.
Willie obiano honored our fallen Heroes, does that changes the fact that he is committed to ridding his state off ipob trouble makers.

This is a plain case of forget the messanger and focus on the message.

Now tell me, who brought idea of sit at home.
Have you and your uncle been sitting at home since after the war?

Bro give kudos to the person who deserve it
Re: What The Sit-at-home By IPOB And MASSOB Really Means by Thomist(m): 8:21am On Jun 01, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
It should be called remeberance day...and shifted to July 6 when the civil war actually started...where thousand of people where killed.....

Other countries observe such so ours should not be different. Even Mexico observe the day of the dead.
The FG should do the needful, they declare June 12 public holiday over one man, why can't they declare July 8 as remembrance day n declare it national holiday for those killed in the civil war

Your idea is no-no no
What caused the war is Biafra declaration, therefore May 30th is the right day .

(1) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Abubakar Malami & Buhari For Twitter Prosecution plan / Killer Herdsem Are From Mauritania And Central African Republic-buhari / ‘my Father, His Friend Were Killed, Burnt In Ibadan Because Of June 12’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.