Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG (571 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Orders Total Shut Down Of Abuja, Lagos, North, South-East On May 30 / Biafra: Declare South-east As ‘special Area’ – Orji Kalu Tells President Buhari / May 30 Sit-At-Home: We Will Deal Decisively With Biafra Groups - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:39pm On May 31, 2021
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide has asked the Federal Government to recognize May 30 as a national public holiday.

The group made the call while reacting to the compliance level of the sit-at-home declared by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

DAILY POST had reported that the order witnessed the highest level of compliance ever.

Speaking through a statement by its President-General, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, the OYC said the compliance level was another indication that the people were feeling so sidelined and rejected by the current federal government.

Okwu said “the Government has had several opportunities to win back the confidence of Ndigbo but it threw it away. One of such opportunities was the appointment of Army Chief, which the Government could have used to right wrongs but it never did.

“However, we call on the Buhari Government to declare May 30 as a national public holiday in honour of over 5 million Biafrans killed during the civil war.

“Since the Government recognized June 12 in honour of a single person, it should find no difficulty in honouring these over 5 million heroes, including children.”

Okwu further saluted Ndigbo for the peaceful nature of the sit-at-home, stressing that “we are glad that there was no confrontation with security agencies.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/31/biafra-declare-may-30-public-holiday-ohanaeze-youths-to-fg/

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by chatinent: 11:42pm On May 31, 2021
Okay o
Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:46pm On May 31, 2021
Thunda faya all of una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 11:53pm On May 31, 2021
Drug addicted youths

Who does that?

This is a product of sub-standard educational system

A Nation declaring a public holiday for its traitors? Are this lots this foolish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by jom28gy(m): 11:56pm On May 31, 2021
The demand is in order

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by ablejesus26(m): 11:58pm On May 31, 2021
Seconded.
On the call for equity and justice does the Ohaneze youth stands.
The fg has been very insensitive to the fact the there are some core virtues that must be displayed by a leader of an enterprise.
Non favouritism,
Disallow nepotism.

The people of Igboland have contributed immensely into this project.
We deserve better.
We have been treated unfairly bcus of events that we are victims of.
Still we remain one of the major contributors of this country

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:13am On Jun 01, 2021
Why Ohaneze were calling on King Bubu to do something, I'm also calling on a cow to boil rice for me.

I don't understand why my cow is not carrying out my request. Can someone enlighten me?
Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by buckeyemedia: 12:17am On Jun 01, 2021
GOATandYAMtheory:
Thunda faya all of una
They have started begging for public holiday from the Federal Government to honor the rebels?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by GOATandYAMtheory: 12:23am On Jun 01, 2021
buckeyemedia:
They have started begging for public holiday from the Federal Government to honor the rebels?
I tire o! These people no even get small sense again
Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by PCSI: 12:26am On Jun 01, 2021
buckeyemedia:

Please i have just one question for you.

I need your honest and intelligent(i doubt) reply...

What have the ibos done to be termed rebels?

Did dey destroy your farms?
Did dey rape and kill your women or people?
Did they forcefully take over your lands?.

Your time starts now.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by Myer(m): 5:26am On Jun 01, 2021
PCSI:

Faya ur kindred and genne join.... Nkita ofia

Your a product of failed parenting.

I don't know whose gene you have either momsi or popsi.....both na disaster.

Verdit: Your just a half baked over fed semi adult....

Ike nsi

The sit-at-home compliance was not by choice but as a result of threats and order from Kanu that defiant indigenes should be killed.

Will you feign ignorance of the several videos in circulation showing IPOB foot soldiers wielding weapons attacking Igbo indigenes that dared to defy the sit-at-home order?

Why igbos are attacking and killing their fellow Igbos just to get the attention of Buhari is what I'm still yet to fathom.
Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by bcomputer101: 5:32am On Jun 01, 2021
You can only get that holiday when you get your Biafra by 2098
Re: Biafra: Declare May 30 Public Holiday – Ohanaeze Youths To FG by immortal2: 6:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Supported 100%

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Twitter, Facebook Face Possible Ban In India / N1bn Umuahia-abiriba-ohafia Road Project Attracted By Sen. Kalu Set To Commence / Nnamdi Kanu Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.