Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... (1685 Views)

EFCC Arrests Man Over N57.5m Mistakenly Sent To His Company’s Account / Girl Who Refused To Refund Man After He Mistakenly Sent N950k Is Arrested. / Pastor’s Wife Mistakenly Sent Nudes To Church Whatsapp Group, Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by uboma(m): 6:07am On Jun 01, 2021
Hi,

On Sunday morning, 30/05/2021, I sent airtime to a wrong number. I called back after 20mins to say what happened and requested that he send back the value of the airtime. At first, the recipient, a Yoruba man, feigned not to understand me. He handed over his phone to another guy who spoke English language, this guy said they had not seen the airtime. I told him to check his airtime balance as I did a vtu top-up from my bank. I called again in 5 mins, the guy acknowledged the airtime I sent, when I asked for a refund, he dropped the call on me.

Two hours later, I called but the owner of the phone who spoke to me earlier in Yoruba language, informed me that he was in church at the time. I apologized and hanged up. I called him after some hours, the owner of the phone asked that I send my bank account details. All throughout Sunday, he did not refund me the value of the airtime. I called later but he declined to answer my calls.

I have given up but let everyone know that the user of the following phone number 08074085855 is not honest.

3 Likes

Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by InfernoNig: 6:18am On Jun 01, 2021
Pele. Just forget am. Count it as a blessing to others
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by paulolee(m): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2021
just forget it...its left for him to refund or not...
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by Depressed101: 7:04am On Jun 01, 2021
Happens to me often. Till today no one has ever sent back cry
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:10am On Jun 01, 2021
It happen uboma just leave it to God to decide
Sorry about that i hope the cards is not much sha
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 01, 2021
How much is d card sef?

I mistakenly sent 1k to a woman, the woman no said she had been praying to God for a miracle and that's her miracle...
That's stealing, not a miracle.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by ENGINEERG(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2021
It will be so hard for a Nigerian to enter heaven
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by uboma(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2021
Depressed101:
Happens to me often. Till today no one has ever sent back cry

Someone had refunded the value of the airtime I wrongly sent to him 2 years ago.

I guess I got lucky at the time

3 Likes

Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by advanceDNA: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2021
uboma:
Hi,

On Sunday morning, 30/05/2021, I sent airtime to a wrong number. I called back after 20mins to say what happened and requested that he send back the value of the airtime. At first, the recipient, a Yoruba man, feigned not to understand me. He handed over his phone to another guy who spoke English language, this guy said they had not seen the airtime. I told him to check his airtime balance as I did a vtu top-up from my bank. I called again in 5 mins, the guy acknowledged the airtime I sent, when I asked for a refund, he dropped the call on me.

Two hours later, I called but the owner of the phone who spoke to me earlier in Yoruba language, informed me that he was in church at the time. I apologized and hanged up. I called him after some hours, the owner of the phone asked that I send my bank account details. All throughout Sunday, he did not refund me the value of the airtime. I called later but he declined to answer my calls.

I have given up but let everyone know that the user of the following phone number 08074085855 is not honest.

I understand how U feel...also remember that the world hasn’t become an unsafe place....

People have used strange tactics to defraud people.... u might think that he’s just trying to be smart...while he’s just trying to be safe...

Someone around him might tell him... haaa, scammer nii ooooo.... if u use your account to send him money they will wipe all your funds.

All the same ...pele

1 Like

Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by uboma(m): 7:50am On Jun 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

I understand how U feel...also remember that the world hasn’t become an unsafe place....

People have used strange tactics to defraud people.... u might think that he’s just trying to be smart...while he’s just trying to be safe...

Someone around him might tell him... haaa, scammer nii ooooo.... if u use your account to send him money they will wipe all your funds.

All the same ...pele

You seem to have missed the point here.

I asked for a refund, not that he must credit the value of the airtime to my bank account. There is the option of sending me airtime pins. He was the one who asked for my bank account details not vice versa.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by uboma(m): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
It happen uboma just leave it to God to decide
Sorry about that i hope the cards is not much sha

I have moved on, just thought it wise to bring the matter here so that everyone will know that the user of 08074085855 is not a honest man.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by Angrygoat: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2021
The country is finished. I did a transfer of 40k to someone and I misse a digit and gbam it went to the wrong person. Since 4 weeks now I have been depressed. Went to Bank,bank said owner f acct has withdrawn the money,then freeze the acct dem dey ask me to get curt order. Naia just tire me money thatis not yours,you stole it and withdrew it. Well stray bullets no dey forget my orders. For spending my hard earned 40k a bastard afonja woman,stray bullets awaits u and u will never survive it. Imagine bank called her and she said she won't return it nigeria is cursed 4 life. I don give up
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:21am On Jun 01, 2021
grin that is why we Are the main cause of our problem is realy hard to trust so much crime everywere someone need to be careful bro
uboma:

I have moved on, just thought it wise to bring the matter here so that everyone will know that the user of 08074085855 is not a honest man.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2021
Angrygoat:
The country is finished. I did a transfer of 40k to someone and I misse a digit and gbam it went to the wrong person. Since 4 weeks now I have been depressed. Went to Bank,bank said owner f acct has withdrawn the money,then freeze the acct dem dey ask me to get curt order. Naia just tire me money thatis not yours,you stole it and withdrew it. Well stray bullets no dey forget my orders. For spending my hard earned 40k a bastard afonja woman,stray bullets awaits u and u will never survive it. Imagine bank called her and she said she won't return it nigeria is cursed 4 life. I don give up

Just imagine money that is not meant for the person he stil went ahead to withdraw it imagine that is why somepeople keep getting curse everywere
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by phemmyfour: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2021
uboma:
Hi,

let bygones be bygones
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by xpressionx(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2021
Angrygoat:

You are an ANGRY GOAT
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by Donaluta(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2021
xpressionx:

You are an ANGRY GOAT

How is he an angry goat .... Do you know how to make money ..if you know how to make money ... You won't type this gibberish

1 Like

Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by 27Pushing30: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2021
Angrygoat:

Oga just present the case to EFCC and watch that person regret the day he/she was born.

All that needs to be established is the person is aware that those funds are not his... only problem is the person has the right to decide how he wants to repay (That's if his account hitherto shows he l;acks capacity).
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by abatically(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2021
Angrygoat:

And u had to spoil everything by using the phrase 'afonja woman'. I'm sorry to say but that's bigotry and not needed in ur post.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by drmikeadams(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2021
uboma:
Hi,

..una go post anything..u do mistake send an to wrong number simply move on
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by mkoabiola: 9:56am On Jun 01, 2021
Learn to move on..

It bound to happen in life

Count it as ur loss rather Than posting his noba here
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by uboma(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2021
mkoabiola:
Learn to move on..

It bound to happen in life

Count it as ur loss rather Than posting his noba here

I do not see how posting his phone number here is an issue with you. Are the user of the phone number? Or do you know him?

By the way, I gave him prior notice that I will post his number on the social media if he fails to refund my money. I have call recordings and proof of sending the airtime to him.

Like I said in my initial post, I have moved on but I owe it a duty to others who may want to go into any business dealings with the user of the phone number to know the kind of man he is.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by xpressionx(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2021
Donaluta:

How is he an angry goat .... Do you know how to make money ..if you know how to make money ... You won't type this gibberish

You are not smart kid.

I called his name Angrygoat and you are here mentioning me.

When you are not a reader you can't know that half a dozen equals six.

1 Like

Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by teresafaith: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2021
Mine happened last month.
She wanted to recharge her prepaid meter instead of 4k I mistakenly did 40k, promised to be paying 4k weekly till now not even 1naira instead she and her family have been carrying face looking for a way for me to fight them, moya look away
Life is too short for an unnecessary trouble.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2021
Angrygoat:
Nobody stole ur 40k
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by kingthreat(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2021
You made a mistake. The person dey on him own jeje and you sent recharge to her. Now you want the person to go out of their way, buy a recharge card and send to you. Do you know if the person you sent it to has that money budgeted for a recharge credit at that time?
I am not defending the person but once you make a mistake like that, you blame yourself first for it and try not to make the mistake again, then move on if you can.
I have mistakenly sent 10k to a lady I did something with years ago. When I called her, I simply begged her to take 5k and send me 5k back to prevent unnecessary issues and she did it gladly. I have mistakenly recharged a line with 2k and I did not even bother calling the line. Next time check the number and amount twice well before recharging.

1 Like

Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by Ishilove: 11:48am On Jun 01, 2021
Donaluta:

He is an angry goat...That is his username
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by pocohantas(f): 11:52am On Jun 01, 2021
teresafaith:
She wanted to recharge her prepaid meter instead of 4k I mistakenly did 40k, promised to be paying 4k weekly till now not even 1naira instead she and her family have been carrying face looking for a way for me to fight them, moya look away

What da fffff? You mean it?
Omo! How do they do it? I can’t sleep well if I am owing someone due to no fault of mine.
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by mkoabiola: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
teresafaith:
Chai

How Manage.

That must b disturbing
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by teresafaith: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
pocohantas:

What da fffff? You mean it?
Omo! How do they do it? I can’t sleep well if I am owing someone due to no fault of mine.
No be small thing oo but thank God my boss was understanding he said he will be removing 5k monthly till I balance it up
Re: Mistakenly Sent Airtime To 08074085855... by teresafaith: 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
mkoabiola:

Chai

How Manage.

That must b disturbing
I no fit cry that day sef but in all that just life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young African Virgin Women Dance / Biafran National Guard Unveils Locally Made Ballistic Missiles (VIDEO) / Video: Do You Know This Kidnapped Igbo Man? Call His Family, Asap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.