Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway (9425 Views)

Nigeria At 61: Sanwo-Olu Urges Nigerians Not To Lose Hope / New Year: Sanwo-Olu Urges Nigerians To Enter 2021 With Rekindled Hope / Sanwo-Olu Urges Ondo Voters To Re-Elect Rotimi Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Badagry101: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2021
Why not have Ikpeazu Umahi or Ugwuayi come finish the road for Lagos.
Lagoon0:

nap2u there is a valid point here. Fashola complained about about lack of funding to this project tho.

But the project was not a priority after he left if not, how many century will it take Lagos government to complete the road to just okokomaiko ?

Ten lane to okomaiko shouldn't be a rocket science for Lagos government. That's part of my reason I don't like ambode's tenure,
But I love his light up Lagos idea of which iv not seen sanwo-olu following that path.

Sanwo-olu is not doing much at all, I only see over hyped list of his project.
Some path of the ten lane are going bad due to unfinished abandoned work. Very BaD
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by jacoik(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2021
4four:
Some body should pls help me check the economy activities going on this Badagry road and Daura to Niger Republic road, I just want to check something
this table you are shaking this morning ehhhhh if the leg finally break I will leave you and runaway
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Lagoon0: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2021
naptu2:

The last sentence of your post is my greatest worry. I passed that route regularly between 2007 and 2014 and I saw the work that was done there. The work on the Orile to Mile 2 section was completed almost 8 or 9 years ago. It will be due for major maintenance before the main project is completed! In fact, people have blocked the drainage, the area has been impacted by time, they will need to do another major rehabilitation of that section before they can even commission the final product!
rehabilitation is very important , what is worth doing is worth doing well, alot of people using the road as toilet. You'll see them pooing along the road. Some part of the drainage are blocked.
The traffic along that side has reduce to a large extent. I followed volx to mile2 recently I didn't noticed signs of up and down of the vehicle, next sunday I'll use okokomaiko route to see what extent has the completion gotten to.
Alot of people working at the island living those area will seriously appreciate the governor once its constructed.
We've not been enjoying brt bus in those axis it give me serious Bad feelings as a lagosian.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Badagry101: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2021
Kalu Orji Theodore Orji Ikpeazu Umahi Ugwuayi Hope Okorocha Obiano n other bastards you call governor in Igboland are under hyped ba ? Dem need to check your igbo papa head make e no be say na foolishness full inside.

livinbygrace:
That’s the worst Federal Road in Lagos and I really pity people plying that route.Fashila is overhyped and heavy weight on paper .
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Badagry101: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2021
You can move to hell with your father if you are not comfortable with the road.

Lagoon0:

rehabilitation is very important , what is worth doing is worth doing well, alot of people using the road as toilet. You'll see them pooing along the road. Some part of the drainage are blocked.
The traffic along that side has reduce to a large extent. I followed volx to mile2 recently I didn't noticed signs of up and down of the vehicle, next sunday I'll use okokomaiko route to see what extent has the completion gotten to.
Alot of people working at the island living those area will seriously appreciate the governor once its constructed.
We've not been enjoying brt bus in those axis it give me serious Bad feelings as a lagosian.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Lagoon0: 9:15am On Jun 01, 2021
Badagry101:
You can move to hell with your father if you are not comfortable with the road.

Lolz, who is your father? Even the governor cannot say this nonsense to my family.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Badagry101: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2021
What part of Lagos is your father from ? I am from Ikorodu I am yet to see any Yoruba wail about people from Ogun Osun Ekiti Oyo rule Lagos so long they are Yorubas.

What was your father watching when he campaigned n won election or was your father too foolish to understand he can also mount campaign n become Lagos state governor if you are truly from Lagos state.

Lagoon0:

Don't ask me foolish question. Sanwo-olu is an Ogun state indigene serving as governor in my state. Same did ambode and fashola, I've never supported any non-indigene. Ill only commend you if you prove our doubt.

Now if you cannot mind your fathers village news from okitipupa from ondo or ofa from kwara or whatever damn village you came from.
Don't interfere into meaningful conversation bt reasonable Lagosians
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Lagoon0: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2021
Badagry101:
You are wasting your time convincing Igbos about their foolishness. Check those insulting Lagos / Sawnolu over the project to understand they are Igbos n very few dead brain Yorubaa probably PDP supporters.

When a govt is not shameless, the report even highlighted a part of the federal road Lagos completed. Benin Ghana etc completed their part some cursed Igbos are blaming Lagos for the failure of buhari. Anyway only lunatics will be surprised by the foolishness exhibited by these Igbos. Jealousy n hate have ruined their life so no surprises here actually.

The level of corruption is lagos is giving you sleepless night but if you are ask to list state that are beta managed with less corruption your father will immediately go speechless.
kiss
So because you're an APC supporter and your ancestors were not civilized like ours to work toward the progress of your homeland you come here to say gibberish.

Y'all comparing Lagos to villages are just ignorant. We dont compare ourself to failure here in Lagos because were competing with international communities not failed people of mass migration from villages.

Only people who com from other villages will tell us our governor I trying and we should be happy with what we're seeing.

My friend if our fathers acted like your own ancestors we would be migrating to other villages by now.

Don't interfere into indigene opinion. Last time o check lagos government still hold us high esteem when we voice out.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Osizo(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2021
Ebi like say na only Lagos state, good thing dey happen.. smiley
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by mfm04622: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2021
naptu2:

The last sentence of your post is my greatest worry. I passed that route regularly between 2007 and 2014 and I saw the work that was done there. The work on the Orile to Mile 2 section was completed almost 8 or 9 years ago. It will be due for major maintenance before the main project is completed! In fact, people have blocked the drainage, the area has been impacted by time, they will need to do another major rehabilitation of that section before they can even commission the final product!

When Lagos know they don't have the fund, why did they take the road from FG? And why waste the 1st 4 years of this admin when Fashola was the Minister of works? This is one of the major failure of Ambode!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by naptu2: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2021
mfm04622:

When Lagos know they don't have the fund, why did they take the road from FG? And why waste the 1st 4 years of this admin when Fashola was the Minister of works? This is one of the major failure of Ambode!

Because the road was in a terrible state and the state government could not just sit and watch while it was in that state. They struck a deal with the bank so that the bank would provide funding, but read what happened to that loan.

naptu2:
As I said, the Lagos State Government has a project to repair and expand the Lagos-Badagry Expressway up to Okokomaiko. The project includes a Blue Line rail project and a BRT corridor. However, a problem developed after they finished the first section (Orile to Mile 2).

The project was being executed partly with a loan from the African Development Bank and the state government needed a guarantee from the Federal Government in order to access the loan. (The state government also wanted to revamp the Gbagada General Hospital with the loan). The government got the first tranche and did the section from Orile to Mile 2, but the Federal Government refused to guarantee the second tranche.

Governor Fashola had to go to the House of Representatives in Abuja to report the minister of finance and appeal to them to get her to approve the guarantee for the second tranche. He had already set a deadline for the completion of the project.

The guarantee was not approved until the exact month that the governor had given as the deadline for the completion of the project. Due to that political problem, the project has suffered funding problems and the Lagos State Government has been funding it by itself.

Funding Hampers Lagos-Badagry Expressway —Fashola

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:31 pm

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State says completing the Lagos-Badagry Expressway is tied to funding, which the state government is currently grappling with.

The governor also disclosed plans to build 1008 flats estate this year in Ijora area of the state as part of plans to enable many people own their homes.

Fashola spoke during a tour of projects across Lagos, southwest Nigeria on Tuesday, saying that funding is one of the determinants of the project.

He explained thatbit is one of the reasons why he went to the House of Representatives to appeal for the approval of a second tranche of 200 million dollars loan out of the 600 million dollars World Bank loan which the government intends to use part of to finance the project.

He said he could not give a date of completion as it is tied to so many things, including challenges that were observable and “those that are not very observable but surface on the field and have to be solved.”

He said that contrary to insinuations in certain quarters that works on the road had stopped, a lot of work is actually going on, adding that what “is going on now is a soil replacement process as shown by the observed heaps of sand because the soil in the area has become unsuitable having been used as a refuse dump over the years.

“There is also a pipe network just as there is a need to take care of a gas pipeline and the relocation of all the electricity cables. The construction workers cannot just go in and remove PHCN cable without getting the PHCN involved.

“We are at the stage where we are relocating facilities. That is why to the uninformed, it would appear as if we have stopped work. We have not stopped work, relocation of those facilities is going on,” he stated.

Fashola also said the issue of relocation of affected residents was also on going as compensation was being given to people who have had to give up their properties so that the work could be done.

“So, be very sure that casting and preparation of all the concrete is going on behind the scene. By the time we finish the relocation and the contractor moves to positioning the things, it would be quicker than you think and you would think it happened overnight,” he stated.

On the Okota Road expansion, Fashola stated that the community had outgrown the road and that there was a need to expand it, saying this explained the need to increase infrastructure investment.

He said that the population had grown many times past where the government did not build infrastructure to support the road, stressing that as government moved to address that deficit the population has not stopped growing.

“So, we are trying to expand Okota Road and some of the properties needed to give way. Everybody wants a good road but no one wants it to pass through his house. So, some of the tenements took us to court and I think we have settled out of court now and we have to pay compensation,” he said.

On the Light Rail Project, Fashola said the first phase of the project would be ready in June, while work on the rail would continue to Okokomaiko even as the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry expressway continues.

“You know we have the two projects linked together, the road expansion and the Light Rail simultaneously.”

And now we are trying to see how we can take the rail from the National Theatre to Marina. Hopefully, when that is done, we can heave a sigh of relief. Though there is still work to be done, so far so good.

“This is what we do with the money which we borrow; we do not borrow money to pay salaries, we don’t borrow money to run our overhead. We are investing it in infrastructure. This is the type of transportation that I dream for this country; this is the type of transportation that I dream for this state and not mass transportation by motorcycles,” he stated.

He noted that China opened what is, perhaps, the fastest high speed rail in the world that covered about 300 kilometres per hour, stressing that, “why can’t that happen here? It is really no rocket science, if we can’t invent it, we can buy it and that is what we are doing. We are buying facilities to have it installed here.” The governor urged residents of Iganmu not dump refuse along the road, saying that there was need to keep the surroundings of the project clear of refuse, adding that “you should take ownership of the project”

Projects inspected by the governor during the tour are the Iganmu, Alaba and Mile 2 Light Rail Stations, on-going projects at the Lagos State University (LASU), Maternal and Child Care Centre, FESTAC, Okota-Ago Palace Road, Ejigbo-Ajao Link Bridge, network of roads around Jimoh Ajao Street, Igando HOMS and Resettlement Relief Camp, Igando, on-going projects at Alimosho General Hospital (School of Nursing and Hostel among others) and Samuel Jinadu Street at Markaz area of Orile Agege, among others.

—Kazeem Ugbodaga

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/09/funding-hampers-lagos-badagry-expressway-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by arsenal33: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2021
tamdun:
Buhari busy constructing rail to niger republic, that's his priority for now
just like obasanjo should have done Lagos to badagry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by omonnakoda: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2021
Many years ago we were told that Lagos approached the FG to guarantee a World Bank loan for this project .

Today they are telling us anoda tin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Insectkiller: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2021
This should be as a matter of URGENCY.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Yankee101: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2021
It's not a border in Northern nigeria. Jibiya border is even getting a train service
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by 9jaRealist: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2021
naptu2:
Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1399437992176070659

The recently-issued N150B FGN Sukuk Bond, allocated N4.5 billion to the Badagry Expressway (from Agbara Junction to Seme Border).

EKO O NI BAJE! cool
Lagos Leads, others struggle to follow.

>

Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by 9jaRealist: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2021
Lagoon0:
nap2u there is a valid point here. Fashola complained about about lack of funding to this project tho.

But the project was not a priority after he left if not, how many century will it take Lagos government to complete the road to just okokomaiko ?

Ten lane to okomaiko shouldn't be a rocket science for Lagos government. That's part of my reason I don't like ambode's tenure,
But I love his light up Lagos idea of which iv not seen sanwo-olu following that path.

Sanwo-olu is not doing much at all, I only see over hyped list of his project.

Some path of the ten lane are going bad due to unfinished abandoned work. Very BaD

You mean the following “Light Up Lagos” project? SMH

https://thenationonlineng.net/smart-city-lasg-to-light-up-lagos/
https://pmparrotng.com/2020/12/31/light-up-lagos-project-sanwo-olu-adopts-another-approach/
>
Re: Sanwo-Olu Urges FG To Provide Funding For Lagos-Badagry Expressway by naptu2: 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date
https://www.nairaland.com/6629413/lagos-badagry-expressway-lasg-contractor-commit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICPC Probes Corruption Allegations Against Malami / Nnamdi Kanu Taking Selfie With A Racist (picture) / Peter Obi Defeats Atiku & Tinubu In Nassarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.