Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date (11790 Views)

Again: Dangote Refinery Completion Date Shifts To 2025. / Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded / Ajaokuta Steel To Gulp $1.5 Billion, Gets 2022 Completion Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by naptu2: 11:02am On Jul 01, 2021
Post 1. 2 hours ago.

LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY: LASG, CONTRACTOR COMMIT TO DECEMBER COMPLETION DATE

Relief beckons as the Lagos State Government and CCECC had, at separate platforms, expressed strong determination towards the completion of the reconstruction and upgrading works on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway by December.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Aramide Adeyoye, disclosed this while reacting to comments on the agony and hardship road users and commuters encounter daily on the road.

She, however, appealed to all stakeholders to continue to cooperate with the contractor to ensure speedy delivery of the project, promising that the completed section of the road will be opened to vehicular movement immediately.

According to Adeyoye, as part of efforts to boost international economic activities, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu led administration prioritised construction of the road because of its “economic importance to the African Sub-Region and the gateway of Nigeria that connects Seme, Republic of Benin and other neighbouring countries”
She said in fulfilment of the promise of Mr. Governor, the Agboju to the Tradefair segment of the road was delivered last year and already, the contractors have completed the 10 lanes from Mile 2 to Volks and the Lagos bound service lane from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko.

The scope of works, according to Adeyoye, include the provision of Lay-bys for buses and service ducts, construction of Pedestrian Bridges, BRT Bus stops, Park & Ride and BRT depots, Tolled link interchanges, Flyovers, Construction of Toll Plazas, Road Markings, Road signs and traffic lights and landscaping.

In her words: “The completion of the reconstruction and upgrading of the 60km Lagos /Badagry Expressway from Eric Moore to Okokomaiko, which would comprise two toll lanes, two service lanes, one Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) lane, Central Reserve for two-way light Rail Mass Transit and other support infrastructures, is aimed at easing the movement of human and material goods on the international highway and to also serve as a boost to international trade”.

In the same vein, the Project Manager of CCECC, Jiang Yaowu , during a recent visit to the construction site by reporters, explained that the delay in the delivery is caused by traffic management challenges following the huge population of people using the road daily.

According to him, more than 26,000 vehicles ply the road daily, adding that this has contributed to safety and security challenges on the site.
Yaowu, however, promised that the road component of the project will be completed by the end of the year.

On the Bridge components, Yaowu said that construction works will be completed before the end of the year 2022. He disclosed that the Lagos State Government is aware of the current situation and that both parties are maintaining cordial synergy and cooperation to ameliorate the hardship faced by motorists.

While commending the various Military and Para-military formations especially, Ojo Military Cantonment, Department of State Security, Naval Officers Wives Association and the Nigeria Police for their cooperation so far, he said, palliative measures will be taken to ensure that the Trade Fair to Okokomaiko segment of the road is motorable round the year.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4310094662345100&id=492378324116772

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by naptu2: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2021
Post 2. 13 hours ago.

LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY (SECTIONAL PART) CONSTRUCTION RECENT DRONE SHOTS

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4308909495796950&id=492378324116772&anchor_composer=false

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by naptu2: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2021
Reactions to post 2

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by naptu2: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2021
Post 3. 16 hours ago.

Sensitization on expansion of Lagos-Badagry express way from 4 to 10 lanes

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/photos/a.676862885668314/4308557322498834/?type=3&source=48

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:15am On Jul 01, 2021
strong determination towards the completion of the reconstruction and upgrading works on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway by December.
This is very commendable.
Lagos State. Keep up with the good work.
God bless.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by iconnecta(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2021
First time in History of Nairaland
the BB vulture grill seller POST and Monika is on top my post, hope all is well with me?
because the uselessness and the zonbick nature of this guy can never be overemphasize .

abeg make una try buy my digital ePin(for Education purpose ), from my online store,
e get why.
it's safe,secured, fast and reliable.
you get Instant value by display and by email delivery.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by benweezy: 11:15am On Jul 01, 2021
Lagos State is working..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Ayo2004: 11:15am On Jul 01, 2021
grin

Modified;e no go better for all the people above me wey steal my FTC,i never see am since I join nairaland angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by lessonotes(f): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2021
Hopefully, that Ojo - Iyana Oba axis is a hell to behold and has been for years since the construction began. Too much dust, which is definitely a hazard. May God help the inhabitants.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by WarriIntellect(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2021
THE EARLIER THE BETTER!
THEIR DELAY IS THE REASON I HAVEN'T COPPED MY BUGATTI VEYRON YET�[img][/img]
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by ogododo: 11:17am On Jul 01, 2021
naptu2:
Post 1. 2 hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4310094662345100&id=492378324116772
Na commander no be committed shocked
The rail to Badagry since never reach Okoko, any tine I go trade fair na blood and potopoto red mud.
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by DoctorDree(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2021
Lekki massacre aside.......Lagos has been moving more than the whole country itself!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by DDDEnterprises: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2021
Nice one. Babajide dey work oo...

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Airwavez: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2021
cool
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2021
Hmm

Huslers dont comments on nairaland in the morning. They go out to struggle.

But those who were given job which they dont know their job descriptions and the main commentors in the morning. At night, they go to club instead of sleep

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by yesloaded: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2021
This road is shame
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Tonim(f): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2021
Ambode just abandoned this road.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Lisaint(m): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2021
Lagos State government should stop this unnecessary confusion

Lagos is just handling Mile 2 - Okokomaiko section

The rest from Igbo elerin to seme is been handled by FG!
The contractor handling that section is (WE CONSTRUCTION),they have their yard at Agbara

LAGOS State government should tell us that they have almost complete the section they are handling!

Go and check from Agbara-Badagry the road is worst with multiple checking by men of the NPF under the Area K police command.

But for lagos to be Saying
Lagos-badagry expressway is almost completed is a lie

Let them beg FG to also pressure WE to Finish the section they are handling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by thorpido(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2021
For how long na?
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Bluntemperor: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
post=103254143:

This is very commendable.
Lagos State. Keep up with the good work.
God bless.

Seun Lalasticlala,you will be doing a good work if you Quarterly informed and report to the Lagos State Citizens on the state of works and
jobs being completed for every one to see.
Another thing Governor Sanwo-Olu should start is the 4th Mainland Bridge.
Lagos should be linked for ease of works, transportation and stability.
Yes, Governor,You Can!
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Holyman3(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
I took that road to Cotonou yesterday.

Trust me, with the level of work i saw yesterday, it will be a miracle to complete this road in December 2025

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by chloride6: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ogbotarigi Image Launderer

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by Asiwaju05(m): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Lagos-Badagry Expressway: LASG, Contractor Commit To December Completion Date by AngelicBeing: 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
Chai, the last time I was in Nigeria and went through that route, is like driving on the expressway to Hell angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Masari Tells Katsina Residents To Arm Themselves Against Bandits / Inspector General of Police Orders Movement Restriction On Election Day / Buhari’ll Fight Corruption Like I Did —guinea President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.