Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,393 members, 7,958,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

The Bitter Truth About The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bitter Truth About The Igbos (2314 Views)

End SARS: The Bitter Truth About The Death Tonight And The New Tomorrow / The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience / #iamnorth The Bitter Truth We Northerners Should Accept. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by iamuyiekpen(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Once upon a time when Nigeria practiced the parliamentary system that had Tafa Balewa as its first prime minister, the Igbos had good relations with the North & as such the Igbos had more appointments in government from Southern Nigeria. The same Igbos launched a coup d’état that not only removed Tafa Balewa but killed him as well. The Igbos never complained of marginalization under Tafa Balewa. Their son (Nnamdi Azikiwe) refused the right to include the secession clause that Awolowo had proposed. In his words ‘WE ARE ONE NIGERIA’. Ahmadu Bello even proposed to include Awo’s secession but Nnamdi Azikiwe refused.

Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that about Major General Aguyi Ironsi’s coup beforehand and ran away. The same Major General Aguyi Ironsi scraped the Regional system that Nigeria had practiced & replaced it with a Unitary system. All efforts to make him return it back to the regional system fell on deaf ears. Before the declaration of Biafra, Major Adaka Boro had declared the Niger Delta Republic (so you see the word Niger Delta is not a Fulani or Obasanjo construct) & fought the federal forces in a 12 day war. Guess who gave the order to capture Adaka Boro & who was tasked with capturing him? Major General Aguyi Ironsi gave the order for the capture of Major General Aguyi Ironsi & Colonel Ojukwu was sent to capture Adaka Boro. Ojukwu paraded Adaka Boro naked in the streets of Yenagoa but the same useless Okukwu included Niger Delta in his Biafran map without even consulting with Adaka Boro or any of our people. The same Ojukwu invaded Edo & Delta despite both states not being part of the old eastern region. They killed, plundered and raped our women. They captured Benin city, Warri, Auchi, Uromi, Agenebode, Sapele & Ughelli until our people repelled & drove them back.

The Igbos made up more than two-third of Jonathan’s government & they never complained of marginalization. I’m not a supporter of one Nigeria but we’d rather choose to form our own country rather than join some useless Biafra. Should we also talk about the atrocities committed by Biafran forces in Kwale, Agbor, Ikwerre land or other parts of the Niger Delta? Have you guys ever wondered why the Ikwerres, Ahoadas, Omokus, Ikas, Kalabaris, Edos, Urhobos, Itsekiris etc despise them so much? It’s cos they’re never straightforward, they’re cunning & can never be trusted. Their sole ambition is to deceive us into joining Biafra so they can steal our lands, steal our resources, desecrate our lands, rape our women & enslave us. Niger Delta will never be part of Biafra.

PS. As usual call me Yoruba or Fulani or insult me. It’s allowed.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by HONESTFACT101(m): 11:22am On Jun 01, 2021
My sole blame goes on KANU for even includingNiger delta in Biafra......signing out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by deekseen(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2021
Eastern Nigerian is now filled with fear, sorrow, tears and blood. It's no longer the South East we used to know. It's now The Sad East. cry

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Anago55: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2021
Meehhhhnnn,there must be something special about this people called the Igbos

Just take a good look at the front page of nairaland , you would just marvel at the level of topics created about this people. Nawaoo

If this people wants out, Isn't it right for the rest of Nigeria to support their aspirations to save the remaining country of this stress and unwanton hatred?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by IamFINESSE: 11:29am On Jun 01, 2021
Anago55:

Just take a good look at the front page of nairaland , you would just marvel at the level of topics created about this people. Nawaoo

If this people wants out, Isn't it right for the rest of Nigeria to support their aspirations to save the remaining country of this stress and unwanton hatred?

I dey tell you bro

The most use word in this forum is Igbo, make your research

13 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by BigSarah(f): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2021
The Igbos you just demonised are the clans that are part of your Niger delta Republic...
I'll keep saying it once SE Igbos are gone the hate or rather prejudice being shown to them will instantly be transferred to Igboid groups in the SS..

7 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by mrvitalis(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2021
iamuyiekpen:
Once upon a time when Nigeria practiced the parliamentary system that had Tafa Balewa as its first prime minister, the Igbos had good relations with the North & as such the Igbos had more appointments in government from Southern Nigeria. The same Igbos launched a coup d’état that not only removed Tafa Balewa but killed him as well. The Igbos never complained of marginalization under Tafa Balewa. Their son (Nnamdi Azikiwe) refused the right to include the secession clause that Awolowo had proposed. In his words ‘WE ARE ONE NIGERIA’. Ahmadu Bello even proposed to include Awo’s secession but Nnamdi Azikiwe refused.

Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that about Major General Aguyi Ironsi’s coup beforehand and ran away. The same Major General Aguyi Ironsi scraped the Regional system that Nigeria had practiced & replaced it with a Unitary system. All efforts to make him return it back to the regional system fell on deaf ears. Before the declaration of Biafra, Major Adaka Boro had declared the Niger Delta Republic (so you see the word Niger Delta is not a Fulani or Obasanjo construct) & fought the federal forces in a 12 day war. Guess who gave the order to capture Adaka Boro & who was tasked with capturing him? Major General Aguyi Ironsi gave the order for the capture of Major General Aguyi Ironsi & Colonel Ojukwu was sent to capture Adaka Boro. Ojukwu paraded Adaka Boro naked in the streets of Yenagoa but the same useless Okukwu included Niger Delta in his Biafran map without even consulting with Adaka Boro or any of our people. The same Ojukwu invaded Edo & Delta despite both states not being part of the old eastern region. They killed, plundered and raped our women. They captured Benin city, Warri, Auchi, Uromi, Agenebode, Sapele & Ughelli until our people repelled & drove them back.

The Igbos made up more than two-third of Jonathan’s government & they never complained of marginalization. I’m not a supporter of one Nigeria but we’d rather choose to form our own country rather than join some useless Biafra. Should we also talk about the atrocities committed by Biafran forces in Kwale, Agbor, Ikwerre land or other parts of the Niger Delta? Have you guys ever wondered why the Ikwerres, Ahoadas, Omokus, Ikas, Kalabaris, Edos, Urhobos, Itsekiris etc despise them so much? It’s cos they’re never straightforward, they’re cunning & can never be trusted. Their sole ambition is to deceive us into joining Biafra so they can steal our lands, steal our resources, desecrate our lands, rape our women & enslave us. Niger Delta will never be part of Biafra.

I wonder how long u expect to tell this lied ...open topics everyday

1) igbos relationship with the not has always been as a result of Yoruba betrayal

Awolowo sacked alafin of oyo just because of zik , cost zik part a pan Nigerian party election they won then hoped zik would form a government with someone who has shown so much hatred to him ?

It's very similar to how yorubas expect igbos to work with them for 2023 after what they did in 2015 to 2019 before buhari started expended the treatment to them ...igbos would gladly vote fulanis come 2023 ....we igbo can never reward betrayal never

We have asked u guys to bring evidence biafran soldiers committed massacre in south south till date not even one prove ...asaba massacre is there for all to see

An independent enquiry was conducted and found igbos never marginalized the southern minorities and infact it was yorubas that marginalized mid west which was why they recommended the creation of mid west

U guys forget how u told oba of Benin to go learn Yoruba ?

Stop spreading lies

16 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by SlayerForever: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2021
Obsessed bastard who the next Igbo halfwit will still outsmart. *Spits*
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by iamuyiekpen(m): 11:42am On Jun 01, 2021
mrvitalis:

I wonder how long u expect to tell this lied ...open topics everyday

1) igbos relationship with the not has always been as a result of Yoruba betrayal

Awolowo sacked alafin of oyo just because of zik , cost zik part a pan Nigerian party election they won then hoped zik would form a government with someone who has shown so much hatred to him ?

It's very similar to how yorubas expect igbos to work with them for 2023 after what they did in 2015 to 2019 before buhari started expended the treatment to them ...igbos would gladly vote fulanis come 2023 ....we igbo can never reward betrayal never

We have asked u guys to bring evidence biafran soldiers committed massacre in south south till date not even one prove ...asaba massacre is there for all to see

An independent enquiry was conducted and found igbos never marginalized the southern minorities and infact it was yorubas that marginalized mid west which was why they recommended the creation of mid west

U guys forget how u told oba of Benin to go learn Yoruba ?

Stop spreading lies
you’re a big liar. You not only marginalized the minorities in the old eastern region, you oppressed them. Guy why you Dey lie like this ? When did we tell the Oba to go learn Yoruba? I fear who no fear una Igbo people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by michelz: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2021
iamuyiekpen:
you’re a big liar. You not only marginalized the minorities in the old eastern region, you oppressed them. Guy why you Dey lie like this ? When did we tell the Oba to go learn Yoruba? I fear who no fear una Igbo people.
Who are you?
Are you from South south?
Did you author the OP? Or you copied from an unknown source and posted here?

10 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by RisenJoe(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamuyiekpen:

OP, in the beginning there was nothing like south south, uptill now if an Igbo man wants to travel, he will say let me go to the East, nothing like south east or south south, or south west, what we have is eastern region Western region and Northern region,

You always make reference to Asaba massacre without providing any evidence of that, we all knew it was the Nigerian forces that massacred civilians at Asaba at the end of the war.... Going by your analogy of Asaba massacre what about ODI massacre carried out by OBJ a Yoruba man, does it mean that yorubas are also against the so called south south? And let me tell you, Ojukwu made consultations with old Eastern think tanks and leaders of various ethnicity of the Old Eastern region where a conclusion was reached and he was mandated to declare the republic of BIAFRA..... And lastly, I want you to give me evidence of where igbo people marginalized the Niger Deltans.

Am waiting for your answers and please no insults

10 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Igboid: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/5855752/minorities-testimonies-willinks-commission-life

Above is Willink report on Western region.

Yorubas were found guilty of marginalization against the Midwest minorities.

Below is a similar report on Eastern minorities.
Ndiigbo were found blameless and as white as snow.

https://www.nairaland.com/6064315/minority-fear-igbos-proven-wrong#93002697

Lies might travel fast, but the truth will always overtake it.

9 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Muna4real(f): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
Mr op,my question is, how does this write up concern us in anyway? What do you hope to achieve?

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by IGBOSON1: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:
The Igbos you just demonised are the clans that are part of your Niger delta Republic...
I'll keep saying it once SE Igbos are gone the hate or rather prejudice being shown to them will instantly be transferred to Igboid groups in the SS..

Spot on!

And that’s why, as a Igbo man from Rivers State, i wouldn’t even bother staying behind with these hateful, venomous, bigoted scumbags to be doing ‘one Nigeria’ if Ndigbo of ‘just your 5 south-east states’ leave! I will japa and go join them in the new Biafra Republic...straight!

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by mrvitalis(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamuyiekpen:
Go and read the willink commission of inquiry of 1959 is there for all to read and see the the truth of who marginalized the minorities

You can't take that one away

Google ;Sir Henry Willink Commission on minority rights

U would see why it recommended mid west creation and did see the need for COR creation

U don't even know how to lie

4 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Igboid: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2021

In response to testimony of pro-Midwest witness, a shadowy organization called the Anti-Midwest State Movement was put forward by the Action Group. It asserted that Edos had more to fear from Igbo than Yoruba domination, and that creation of a Midwest region would expose Edos to Igbo domination.

Lol!
Above is an excerpt from Willink report on Western minorities.

51years later and nothing has changed.
Shadowy people went on telling minorities to reject Midwest because Igbos(Anioma) would dominate them there should they leave western region.

Today, shadowy people who would never reveal their ethnic group even on NL, go about opening countless threads about how Igbos would marginalize minorities in Biafra, should they leave NIGERIA.

Different era, same tactics.

3 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by tungamaje: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igbos, a special race, God's people. Whoever never mentioned that name a day always feels something is missing in his life
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by tunjiajayi: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2021
cry
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Walkee: 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
I saw fools on Twitter yesterday parading nonsense narratives, calling Biafran soldiers heroes I just shook my head and felt sorry for the generation of idiots that are being bred. Biafran soldiers that killed people in Esan in Edo state and buried them upside down. Corpses were only recognised by the shoes they were wearing because they were buried in tiny holes with their heads down the holes and their legs hanging outside. Those barbaric ethnic bigots that started the ethnic tension and tribalist coup in Nigeria suddenly turned around and started insulting everyone else.
If you are from Edo state and you consider dead Biafrans as heroes you are a big foool who should pick up your phone right now and call any elderly person in your village and ask their opinions on Biafrans.
Edo people only started coming out and going about normal activities when federal troops arrived.
Throughout the stay of Biafran terrorists Edo state everybody was advised to lie down on their stomach inside their homes because Biafrans used to sporadically shoot at buildings killing people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Walkee: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:
you should ask around why people don't like your Biafrans. Edo state people celebrated when Hausa troops arrived. Ever wonder why? Read my previous comment.
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by BigSarah(f): 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
Walkee:
you should ask around why people don't like your Biafrans. Edo state people celebrated when Hausa troops arrived. Ever wonder why? Read my previous comment.

Because ojukwu appointed a Delta Igbo to head over the Midwest and not from the acclaimed benin empire.. It'll be stupid for Biafrans to claim the entire SS would join them, that's dead on arrival, the only target should be willing Igboid groups.
I'm a proud Igbo from the SS, I believe in the Biafra Ideology but I Hate KANU and IPOB mannerism its tactless and embarrassing.

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by BigSarah(f): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
Walkee:
I saw fools on Twitter yesterday parading nonsense narratives, calling Biafran soldiers heroes I just shook my head and felt sorry for the generation of idiots that are being bred. Biafran soldiers that killed people in Esan in Edo state and buried them upside down. Corpses were only recognised by the shoes they were wearing because they were buried in tiny holes with their heads down the holes and their legs hanging outside. Those barbaric ethnic bigots that started the ethnic tension and tribalist coup in Nigeria suddenly turned around and started insulting everyone else.
If you are from Edo state and you consider dead Biafrans as heroes you are a big foool who should pick up your phone right now and call any elderly person in your village and ask their opinions on Biafrans.
Edo people only started coming out and going about normal activities when federal troops arrived.
Throughout the stay of Biafran terrorists Edo state everybody was advised to lie down on their stomach inside their homes because Biafrans used to sporadically shoot at buildings killing people.

Can you prove this, never heard of this one

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Walkee: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:

Can you prove this, never heard of this one
this happened in my mother's village in Uromi. And I was told these stories about 13 years ago. Where am I supposed to get pictorial evidence of things that happened in villages in Esan land. If you have ever heard of ugbegun community ask anyone around that area about Biafrans. In fact ask anyone from Esan their opinion on Biafran soldiers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Nostradamus1: 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
Anago55:

There is nothing special about IPOB terrorist.

Stop pretending not to be Igbo
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Walkee: 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:

Because ojukwu appointed a Delta Igbo to head over the Midwest and not from the acclaimed benin empire.. It'll be stupid for Biafrans to claim the entire SS would join them, that's dead on arrival, the only target should be willing Igboid groups.
I'm a proud Igbo from the SS, I believe in the Biafra Ideology but I Hate KANU and IPOB mannerism its tactless and embarrassing.
who cares about ojukwu and his appointment? Read my previous comment on the activities of Biafran soldiers in Esan land
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by BigSarah(f): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
Walkee:
this happened in my mother's village in Uromi. And I was told these stories about 13 years ago. Where am I supposed to get pictorial evidence of things that happened in villages in Esan land. If you have ever heard of ugbegun community ask anyone around that area about Biafran. In fact ask anyone from Esan their opinion on Biafran soldiers

I don't believe your stories, but I can't tell you not to believe it either.
If the Asaba massacre was documented why is your tale not documented?
Hate Biafra or love Biafra, your opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by gistray: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Walkee:
this happened in my mother's village in Uromi. And I was told these stories about 13 years ago. Where am I supposed to get pictorial evidence of things that happened in villages in Esan land. If you have ever heard of ugbegun community ask anyone around that area about Biafrans. In fact ask anyone from Esan their opinion on Biafran soldiers

Cry from now until your eyes bleed.

Igbos and Igbo tribe in Nigeria are special

Even if you get pained until your Ogbomosho heart peels off Igbos are still special.

The North talks about them

The south west talks about them

The south south talks about them.

Yet the Igbos don't even give 2 fuckks about you lots

The have the smallest states and land mass yet they're the most progressive tribe collectively and individually.

They don't have the richest men in Nigeria

But averagely they're doing better than their counterparts with 100% ownership of their source of livelihood.

Goto all major markets in Nigeria.

They own and control

Foooools

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Walkee: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:

I don't believe your stories, but I can't tell you not to believe it either.
If the Asaba massacre was documented why is your tale not documented?
Hate Biafra or love Biafra, your opinion.
it's simple, if you know anybody at all from Edo state, pick up your phone right now and call them and ask. I'm not telling you to believe or not. Have you ever wondered why Edo people hate the word biafra? These even happened during the very early stages of the war. Around August and September during our new yam festival because my mother went to uromi Market to sew clothes for the festival when she and her friends heard gunshots. These soldiers were going back to Onitsha. You pass through Ugbegun, then Igueben if you are going to onitsha from the North.
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Walkee: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
gistray:

Cry from now until your eyes bleed.

Igbos and Igbo tribe in Nigeria are special

Even if you get pained until your Ogbomosho heart peels off Igbos are still special.

The North talks about them

The south west talks about them

The south south talks about them.

Yet the Igbos don't even give 2 fuckks about you lots

The have the smallest states and land mass yet they're the most progressive tribe collectively and individually.

They don't have the richest men in Nigeria

But averagely they're doing better than their counterparts with 100% ownership of their source of livelihood.

Goto all major markets in Nigeria.

They own and control

Foooools
lol who be this mumu.
Are you not the same people littering the internet with pictures of kwashiokor children and crying genocide?

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by BigSarah(f): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2021
Walkee:
it's simple, if you know anybody at all from Edo state, pick up your phone right now and call them and ask. I'm not telling you to believe or not. Have you ever wondered why Edo people hate the word biafra? These even happened during the very early stages of the war. Around August and September during our new yam festival because my mother went to uromi Market to sew clothes for the festival when she and her friends heard gunshots. These soldiers were going back to Onitsha. You pass through Ugbegun, then Igueben if you are going to onitsha from the North.

Lmao this is some Obi goes to school novel...
I'm less concerned on the opinion of non igbo groups about Biafra, because the groups championing Biafra only talk about Igbos but somehow they expect non igbo minorities to be a part of Biafra... If I'm not igbo I myself won't be interested in Biafra.
Care less about Biafra it's unachievable if it involves Non Igbo groups that I'm sure of

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by gistray: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
Walkee:
lol who be this mumu.
Are you not the same people littering the internet with pictures of kwashiokor children and crying genocide?

Yes... those are pictures from my South West Muslim brothers displaced in Benin republic and Chad

We want Our beloved president Muhammadu BullHari to do nothing about it
Re: The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Otuegbe: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamuyiekpen:

this guy is just afraid of Biafra.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Simple Question For All Nnamdi Kanu Biafran Supporters / Every Omoluabi Must Read This Book! These Are Our True Enemies. / PDP Crisis: It's Time Nigerians Know The Truth - Gov. Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.