Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Online Business - E-commerce And Drop Shipping Techniques - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Business - E-commerce And Drop Shipping Techniques (239 Views)

A-z Of Honey Business (e-guide) / I Write Business E-Books / Drop Shipping/mini Importation Step By Step Tutorial With No Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Business - E-commerce And Drop Shipping Techniques by Ekitibiased(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Good day everyone (fellow nairalanders lol), Recently with little comments or replies from me on some topics here I see my followers increasing in numbers and I still do not even really know if they would get to see this post etc.
I have got something to drop here and its about the power of the internet especially with regards to getting a source of income. I have been on this success route for just 1 year and few months but it seems really longer than that.

Just being a novice, got the opportunity to learn and be guided by my trainer who had struggled for years trying to make out something out of online business. Personally, my previous experience on betting and forex really was for good – I had lost money, that’s the worst, nothing more than that could happen this time around (those were my exact thoughts).

My training was quite casual, it seemed like I went on a social outing to be honest but something significant happened. My trainer bought me a new laptop much bigger than the smaller notebook I used which got bad – that was the trigger for me to take this training serious.

He had mentioned it to me much earlier, but casually I did set up something and just put it on the selling platform for sale only to be realise much later that my card was debited monthly and I never got an order from a buyer for more than 4 months. But after the training, I became quite serious and had a focused approach.

When I began initially, just as my trainer also laboured for years – we both had a sentimental approach, it was about what we liked or had interest in. That was very wrong for business(business is with the sole aim of profit), My big hit within 2 weeks after training was from the sale of incontinence pads, other sellers were out of stock and so I was the only one with monopoly and my price was ridiculous (it was never intentional, at all I was still very much new to the game).

When I placed items to sell initially – I put up IELTS and OET books for sale, cos of my profession with the thoughts that lots of healthworkers trying to immigrate abroad etc. My trainer solely was on phone and electronic gadgets, even went further into branding advertising etc – it was years of struggling. Let me state clearly, the selling platform was Amazon which is the No 1 in the world.

I did remarkably well and for the ridiculous price I sold items innocently, I was suspended (for price goughing). I took that opportunity to try something else and that took me to Ebay. So the disappointment of the suspension was good, blessing in disguise – despite being casual on Ebay, it was a good outcome. Registered my business, got employees to sort and deal with orders and this is the beginning of how why this feels unreal, I was abroad and my employee was in Nigeria. Not about cheap labour please, I finally had the chance to be meaningful to someone after several difficulties I had, let me leave that aside. That was possible because I was dropshipping, so I had no physical store and also never even saw my best-selling products.

Very recently, I have created an IG page – now in Nigeria, because I see dispatch riders all over the place and feel I have just been lazy with my knowledge and expertise. The opportunity I had to come into E-commerce was as a result of Covid-19, Lockdown meant my employers told me I would not be needed as patients would not be coming in their usual numbers and my response to them was I was fine with it. So you see how that timing was crucial for me to focus, now again I quit my 9 to 6 job at Lekki to grow my business once again in another country.

I understand the usual impression about business in Nigeria, negativity and all but a good number still thrive because demand is usually constant. I have got some time on my hands definitely cos of a bold decision I took to leave a salaried job recently – my skillset was limited in that job, I am a foreign-trained health professional (Dr.) currently with some time to train and mentor interested persons. I will not always be free, that’s the reality.

My IG page is close to over a thousand followers, so the need to take it seriously as demand is on the rise. I see almost everyone has a whatsapp business page, even those who do it in disguise. But the real questions are,
What are you selling? -What’s the demand for it,
Where are you selling? If online, is it the best platform (just as location for a physical store)
Do those who need your product/service get to see you, if you are even on the right platform (Being on Amazon, does not guarantee profits)
What’s the price? – do people see it as fair enough to go ahead and buy from you.
Depending on the feedback I get and people interested- I could organise a training within days and clarify doubts and discuss my business experience and ideas. Its gonna be really hard to stay here and be active on a thread. I am also considering blogging currently at the moment with my free time, its taken barely 5mins to do this.

Contact is on my signature/profile. Best wishes to everyone who seeks to make it genuinely online and to those who don’t I have no bad wishes either, No hating.

BT

1 Like

Re: Online Business - E-commerce And Drop Shipping Techniques by Zain007(m): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
Are you still actively dropshipping on Amazon and Ebay UK marketplaces up till now?
Ekitibiased:
Good day everyone (fellow nairalanders lol), Recently with little comments or replies from me on some topics here I see my followers increasing in numbers and I still do not even really know if they would get to see this post etc.
I have got something to drop here and its about the power of the internet especially with regards to getting a source of income. I have been on this success route for just 1 year and few months but it seems really longer than that.

Just being a novice, got the opportunity to learn and be guided by my trainer who had struggled for years trying to make out something out of online business. Personally, my previous experience on betting and forex really was for good – I had lost money, that’s the worst, nothing more than that could happen this time around (those were my exact thoughts).

My training was quite casual, it seemed like I went on a social outing to be honest but something significant happened. My trainer bought me a new laptop much bigger than the smaller notebook I used which got bad – that was the trigger for me to take this training serious.

He had mentioned it to me much earlier, but casually I did set up something and just put it on the selling platform for sale only to be realise much later that my card was debited monthly and I never got an order from a buyer for more than 4 months. But after the training, I became quite serious and had a focused approach.

When I began initially, just as my trainer also laboured for years – we both had a sentimental approach, it was about what we liked or had interest in. That was very wrong for business(business is with the sole aim of profit), My big hit within 2 weeks after training was from the sale of incontinence pads, other sellers were out of stock and so I was the only one with monopoly and my price was ridiculous (it was never intentional, at all I was still very much new to the game).

When I placed items to sell initially – I put up IELTS and OET books for sale, cos of my profession with the thoughts that lots of healthworkers trying to immigrate abroad etc. My trainer solely was on phone and electronic gadgets, even went further into branding advertising etc – it was years of struggling. Let me state clearly, the selling platform was Amazon which is the No 1 in the world.

I did remarkably well and for the ridiculous price I sold items innocently, I was suspended (for price goughing). I took that opportunity to try something else and that took me to Ebay. So the disappointment of the suspension was good, blessing in disguise – despite being casual on Ebay, it was a good outcome. Registered my business, got employees to sort and deal with orders and this is the beginning of how why this feels unreal, I was abroad and my employee was in Nigeria. Not about cheap labour please, I finally had the chance to be meaningful to someone after several difficulties I had, let me leave that aside. That was possible because I was dropshipping, so I had no physical store and also never even saw my best-selling products.

Very recently, I have created an IG page – now in Nigeria, because I see dispatch riders all over the place and feel I have just been lazy with my knowledge and expertise. The opportunity I had to come into E-commerce was as a result of Covid-19, Lockdown meant my employers told me I would not be needed as patients would not be coming in their usual numbers and my response to them was I was fine with it. So you see how that timing was crucial for me to focus, now again I quit my 9 to 6 job at Lekki to grow my business once again in another country.

I understand the usual impression about business in Nigeria, negativity and all but a good number still thrive because demand is usually constant. I have got some time on my hands definitely cos of a bold decision I took to leave a salaried job recently – my skillset was limited in that job, I am a foreign-trained health professional (Dr.) currently with some time to train and mentor interested persons. I will not always be free, that’s the reality.

My IG page is close to over a thousand followers, so the need to take it seriously as demand is on the rise. I see almost everyone has a whatsapp business page, even those who do it in disguise. But the real questions are,
What are you selling? -What’s the demand for it,
Where are you selling? If online, is it the best platform (just as location for a physical store)
Do those who need your product/service get to see you, if you are even on the right platform (Being on Amazon, does not guarantee profits)
What’s the price? – do people see it as fair enough to go ahead and buy from you.
Depending on the feedback I get and people interested- I could organise a training within days and clarify doubts and discuss my business experience and ideas. Its gonna be really hard to stay here and be active on a thread. I am also considering blogging currently at the moment with my free time, its taken barely 5mins to do this.

Contact is on my signature/profile. Best wishes to everyone who seeks to make it genuinely online and to those who don’t I have no bad wishes either, No hating.

BT

(1) (Reply)

BMC Are Shooting Themselves In The Leg / 17 Difference Between Rich And Poor / Advice A Brother About This Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.