Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,592 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi (925 Views)

Five To Die By Hanging For Herder’s Killing In Osun / See how IPOB and Unknown gunmen was killing police yesterday VIDEO / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Ikwerelastborn: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
From the thread below it was reported that the fulani massacre occurred in Ebonyi whereas in reality from a friend in Ado it happened in Benue although they're Benue igbos,why are news on nairaland now becoming fake?

https://thenationonlineng.net/death-toll-of-ebonyi-herdsmen-attack-hits-50/
See the link
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by DropsMic(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:
From the thread below it was reported that the fulani massacre occurred in Ebonyi whereas in reality from a friend in Ado it happened in Benue although they're Benue igbos,why are news on nairaland now becoming fake?

https://thenationonlineng.net/death-toll-of-ebonyi-herdsmen-attack-hits-50/
See the link

They have an ulterior motive
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Ikwerelastborn: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
DropsMic:

They have an ulterior motive
But that's very pathetic, even if they're igbos in Benue the news should be maintained as it is
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Fahdiga(m): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fake news is the order of the day in Nigeria now all thanks to Lai Muhammed
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Igboid: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Because the village is an Ezza Igbo village, Even though it's in Benue state, they have always looked up to Ebonyi State government than to Benue state government.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by BoboNkiti19: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

But that's very pathetic, even if they're igbos in Benue the news should be maintained as it is
My problem isn't with the false reportage that the killings happened in Ebonyi, my anger is why the governments of Benue and Rivers state respectively are not doing anything to protect the Igbos that were carved out under their jurisdiction... See how Wike approved the killing of Obigbo residents just because they maintained their Igbo identity, same now is happening in Benue where Igbo speaking communities are been killed and Ortom is doing nothing... It's heartbreaking honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by BoboNkiti19: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:
Because the village is an Ezza Igbo village, Even though it's in Benue state, they have always looked up to Ebonyi State government than to Benue state government.
The responsibility of protecting these people should rest solely with the Benue state government, if they can't protect our Igbo communities within their state then why can't they just cede them back to Ebonyi state to join their kith and kin? see how Wike masterminded a genocide on our people in Obiigbo, now we're seeing the same conundrum in Benue border areas where our people were wickedly ceded to a non-Igbo geographical space.
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Ikwerelastborn: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:
Ok,now I get it,so based on technicalities. My question now is,why can't they be carved back into Ebonyi back to where they belong
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Igboid: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2021
BoboNkiti19:

The responsibility of protecting these people should rest solely with the Benue state government, if they can't protect our Igbo communities within their state then why can't they just cede them back to Ebonyi state to join their kith and kin? see how Wike masterminded a genocide on our people in Obiigbo, now we're seeing the same conundrum in Benue border areas where our people were wickedly ceded to a non-Igbo geographical space.

ESN toyed with plans of establishing a branch on Igbo parts of Benue, but Ortom kicked against it, and Idoma and Tivs on this forum kicked against it too. It was viewed as Igbo expansionism.
Let me look for the thread and post.

4 Likes

Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by ahiboilandgas: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2021
Coldsperm:
It didn't happen in Ebonyi but Benue state. But those guys are still Igbos carved into Benue state. The Izzi communities in Ebonyi state are well prepared for any eventualities and the Fulani cowards went for soft targets in Benue. But cry no more ok, it will be avenged with higher consequences. Men are already reasoning the matter. It will happen before the end of this month. Remember this post when it happen.
a mass murderer identified. Thanks to Nairaland .security personnel should please note the Massage. A moniker is planning how to kill innocent people in Mass
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Igboid: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Ok,now I get it,so based on technicalities. My question now is,why can't they be carved back into Ebonyi back to where they belong

If you ask me nah who I go ask bro.
This is supposed to be part things to correct during restructuring.
But the owners of NIGERIA no gree nah.
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by Joromi1: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
So who should we believe now? Your "friend" or thenationonline?
Re: Why Was Killing In Benue Reported As If It Happened In Ebonyi by BoboNkiti19: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Igboid:

ESN toyed with plans of establishing a branch on Igbo parts of Benue, but Ortom kicked against it, and Idoma and Tivs on this forum kicked against it too. It was viewed as Igbo expansionism.
Let me look for the thread and post.

These class of political leaders in Igboland are the worst ever, we need to start holding them seriously accountable.

(1) (Reply)

10 Curvy Actresses You Never Knew Existed (VIDEO) / D / 2023: Yoruba Group Reject Tinubu Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.