Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women (39296 Views)

Makinde: Wearing Of Face Mask Now Compulsory In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Imsoblessed: 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Please, let's not insult our nation's Royal Fathers, especially the Sultan. He has served his fatherland well and continues to. Your statement is not totally accurate as Muslims in the SW face persecution for their beliefs even though Islam makes up the vast majority in the region if a proper census was conducted.
That your so called royal father need a brain

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Onogiede(m): 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
Musty112:

Backward and leading you. Pray tell, what are you the led then?
accept my condolences in advance in your stupidity
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by ugodedoc: 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
owobokiri:
Of all the problems facing this country that needs to be handled in the constitutional review process, it's the issue of hijabs that this overdressed clown considers the most pressing that needs to be handled urgently.. That tells you everything you need to know about the mindset of these funny looking aliens we inhabit the same space with..

�����������
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Wakanakarue: 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
These people and thier petty issues, they really deserve a lot of live-alone.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Franking: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
The Sultan wants to turn Nigeria into Iran and Afghanistan.

We are talking about making this country a better place while some people are carrying religion on their big head.

Tufiakwa.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Franking: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Please, let's not insult our nation's Royal Fathers, especially the Sultan. He has served his fatherland well and continues to. Your statement is not totally accurate as Muslims in the SW face persecution for their beliefs even though Islam makes up the vast majority in the region if a proper census was conducted.

Royal father my hairy butt.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by reiddecuti: 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2021
This country is seriously sick thanks to this slowpoke and his agents.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Kay25(m): 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
All their boys too should be mandated to use turban
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Being a Nigerian is one of the biggest mistakes of all time wey guyman don make.

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by 18wheeler: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
"Mr Abubakar wondered why the wearing of the Hijab would be a problem for others who were not using it, stressing that the other religions could also be encouraged to adopt what their religions ordered them to do."

Same way I wonder why drinking of alcohol would be a problem for others who were not taking it. They could as well be encouraged to limit their drinks to what their religions allowed them to drink. No one has monopoly of hypocrisy and stupidity. We can all be if we choose to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by tnerro1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
Why didn’t he propose free education for all the born throw children in the north
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by judges: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2021
Is the wearing of hijab the problem facing this country now? The leadership of this nation is the problem of this nation.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by WorldRichest: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2021
Yes I support that. Mini and Micro Skirts lovers too should be allowed to wear them. Also, Nudists too should be allowed yo be nakked even in front of the Mosque.

I am a Muslim.

I am a Yoruba boy.

I am not Stupid like the Almajaris

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by WorldRichest: 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
clarocuzioo:
Other Nations are sending their citizens to the moon, see what is the problem of people am sharing the country with.

Not to mention all the evil and challenges bedevilling the north where he is from.

Chaii!!! Lord Lugard may you continue to rest in pieces.

Lugard is currently being fuccked in the ass mercilessly by Abacha who is Lucifer's first son
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by mywells: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
They should build schools for their children.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by excel101(m): 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
Thats why the sultan keeps carrying that heavy load on his head in the name of religion. Hypocrites, they publicly ban drinking of beer, but in their homes they drink it from their kettle.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Mordecai(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
Muslims do not constitute over 50% of the population.
Taraba, Adamawa, Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa have majority Christian population. Borno, Kaduna, Kwara have a very significant Christian population. No state in the South has a majority Muslim population.

Do the math, please.

We need to stop making unfounded statements, especially when we occupy exalted traditional positions.

On the issue of dressing, I wonder if Hisbah is ready to allow others dress the way they want in Muslim dominated areas.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by neyohh: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
WorldRichest:
Yes I support that. Mini and Micro Skirts lovers too should be allowed to wear them. Also, Nudists too should be allowed yo be nakked even in front of the Mosque.

I am a Muslim.

I am a Yoruba boy.

I am not Stupid like the Almajaris

They're already doing all of this without restrictions, so let the Muslims live as they please.

Both Christian's and Muslims are fighting for a microcosm of white and Arab supremacy anyway, if not that then it's tribalism, gender wars, classism .

Y'all simply don't have a mind of your own whether literate or illiterate.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by dammyllare(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nemere2020:
Constitution Review: Sultan proposes unrestricted wearing of Hijab by Muslim women

https://dailynigerian.com/constitution-review-sultan/

Muslims all over the world are the worst set of people you can meet or live with, I have them in my family and their religion has programmed them to be oppressive.

Imagine a useless Sultan saying this trash?
Of all the points regarding constitution, the focal one is propagating their jihadist agenda.

Can the idiot tell us about the right of Christians being trampled upon down the north?
How many Christians are allowed to drink or open beer parlour in the north? How many Christians are allowed into Islamic schools without covering their heads, how many Christians isn't forced into learning Arabic.. They even go the extent of stoning or killing Christians who eat openly when they are fasting.

Yet these demons are trying to bring their jihadist agenda into the constitution.

Let it be known that all other religion including Atheist should be ready to fight this war they are brewing.

Our fore fathers failed to curtail their excesses but we shouldn't, let them divide the country to have all they want just like turkey but they don't want to because they are thieves and parasites, they are making free money.
This country has to divide....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by GboyegaD(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
badoh:

That is when you'll know these people are backward thinkers and that's the reason they are not moving forward cos religion has beclouded their sense of reasoning. Advanced countries are coming up with developmental initiatives, this sultan of all things can only rack his brain to import hijab issue. For your information, the southwest, southeast, south-south and middle belt are tired of this forced marriage and will soon leave whether you like it or not. It is only these northerners that is not interested to leave cos they contribute nothing to the economy except insecurities and threat.

It is a sad case of misplaced priority.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by dammyllare(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
neyohh:

They're already doing all of this without restrictions, so let the Muslims live as they please.

Both Christian's and Muslims are fighting for a microcosm of white and Arab supremacy anyway, if not that then it's tribalism, gender wars, classism .

Y'all simply don't have a mind of your own whether literate or illiterate.

Where in the north are they doing all of these?
Don't come here with your lies seating your ass somewhere down there as if you have been to majority of the states.

You can never do all these in states like Katsina, Bauchi, Sokoto e.t.c
Which of these northern states would you see a beer parlour aside entering the barrack?
Which of these states allow other religion into their Islamic schools without enforcing the doctrines on them?
Don't be stupid and unfortunate in your assessment.
Let them go and form their full caliphate in their new country but we shall resist anymore of their superiority as regard the constitution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by mytty: 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
Even if they profess to be Muslims, why the use of force?
RELIGION should not be forced on anyone,
Nigeria as a secular state should not allow bigotry in any disguise,
This is how they start, even trying to ENSHRINED it in the Constitution, IMAGINE
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by sleemomymy: 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2021
owobokiri:
Of all the problems facing this country that needs to be handled in the constitutional review process, it's the issue of hijabs that this overdressed clown considers the most pressing that needs to be handled urgently.. That tells you everything you need to know about the mindset of these funny looking aliens we inhabit the same space with..
I wonder if religion problem is not one of the problem we have in Nigeria. Please help to list them.
Bele face front.......
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by neyohh: 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2021
dammyllare:

Where in the north are they doing all of these?
Don't come here with your lies seating your ass somewhere down there as if you have been to majority of the states.

You can never do all these in states like Katsina, Bauchi, Sokoto e.t.c
Which of these northern states would you see a beer parlour aside entering the barrack?
Which of these states allow other religion into their Islamic schools without enforcing the doctrines on them?
Don't be stupid and unfortunate in your assessment.
Let them go and form their full caliphate in their new country but we shall resist anymore of their superiority as regard the constitution

Let's repeat what he said. ..

Allow Muslims to dress in hijab freely, that's it!.

All these emotional rants are meaningless because southerners are living as they please already.

It's terrible when you guys conflate religion with development because as far as I know some Islamic countries are doing way better than western wannabe southerners.

As a Yoruba man yourself, how will you stop your Muslim Yoruba brother's from practising their religion let alone the north.

Between why are you so angry about hijab? I just don't get it.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Iykoto86(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
We igbos are are known to love them alcoholic drinks
.until you guys allow us to have it in kano where I was born,no hijab tolerance in south east. Shikana.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Etimemy: 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
All what you can contribute is how Muslim women should be wearing hijab. Instead of telling boko haram to stop killing. Is too unfortunate.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by LegalWolf: 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
Some Christians are the most intolerant folks you can ever imagine. These lots are worse than al qaeda. It’s a constitutional review process and as a traditional and Islamic leader, he was invited. Were you expecting him to for building more tap waters or what for crying out loud? Southern reps (particularly of niger delta extraction) will mostly talk about things that’ll favor them and not religion coz that is their forte...so why the angst for the sultan speaking for Islam? You’re not Muslims, you’re not wearing hijab yet you go about foaming like an epileptic patient!

These alqaeda/terrorist/intolerant and vile filled lots of southern Christians are the bane to Nigerians. Imbeciles!

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Eifour(m): 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

U are drifting from the point of discussion bro. Sultan is advocating for Muslim women to be wearing hijab without being restricted and I asked whether we should be having such discussion amid numerous challenges bedeviling the country. Hijab is an Islamic clothing which should be restricted to Islamic schools.

Bro,I must first commend your civility at least you are not indulging in gutter argument this common on this platform.

But what discussion should a Muslim who feels he has been marginalised by the legacy left behind by the white colonial masters?plus, the questions of religion are fundamental questions which urgently needed to be attended to in Nigeria,we cannot pretend religion questions are inconsequential.And besides on several occasions had the Sultan lamented the problems that bedevil the country and in his own little way he has proffered solutions.And in the write-up above Sultan's talk covers more than the problems that border only on religion.
I do never push for the use of hijab in
missionary schools but only at the government institutions.
Let me shock you and I stand to be corrected,Muslims here in Southwest are more tolerant than the Christians.I challenge you to go to any Islamic oriented school under the government,the christians there are not ordered or forced to use hijab infact they are being allowed to use beret.Whereas it is no if we should turn the table.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by oloyedewaris(m): 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kingspin:
Hijab terrorism:
You are a witch, Sultan.

Nobody has ever ask Muslims not to wear Hijab.
What reasonable people are saying is that the Hijab should be for Muslim and Muslims.

This is not a national issue. Slowpoke.

valentineuwakwe:
Of all the vital thing to add to a constitution, it's him an wearing for Muslim women be your priority sultan?

You knw talk of Almajiri nonsense, early girl child marriage, and Christian not being able to drink and sell bears or alcohol in northern Nigeria butyouwant to be free to practice sharia in every part of the country!
If I talk now dem go say i dey disrespect u
Kings999:
Terrorist religion... tongue
GeorgeTheCoder:
Lol. Divide this trash country and let them wear full burqua in Sokoto if they so desire.

Terrorist sympathizers all of them. Al-Quaeda in disguise.

Una go cry taya

Thank God Nigeria is not run on Nairaland
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by igbowoman: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
owobokiri:

I wanted to say the same thing.
The sultan must be living in lalaland
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Una go cry taya

Thank God Nigeria is not run on Nairaland

Religion of peace grin
Fulanis terrorist are example of what your religion produce...
What are the fulanis from Niger Republic fighting for in Igbo land?
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by neyohh: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
LegalWolf:
Some Christians are the most intolerant folks you can ever imagine. These lots are worse than al qaeda. It’s a constitutional review process and as a traditional and Islamic leader, he was invited. Were you expecting him to for building more tap waters or what for crying out loud? Southern reps (particularly of niger delta extraction) will mostly talk about things that’ll favor them and not religion coz that is their forte...so why the angst for the sultan speaking for Islam? You’re not Muslims, you’re not wearing hijab yet you go about foaming like an epileptic patient!

These alqaeda/terrorist/intolerant and vile filled lots of southern Christians are the bane to Nigerians. Imbeciles!

Imbeciles indeed.. they're only tolerant when it comes to vice's. They aren't Christian or religious.

More troubling is how they talk like they're some developed advanced people when the results show the opposite.

Imaging, do they expect the sultan to raise d 3 trillion dollars infrastructure deficit or get military ware to stop boko haram.

Yet these stupid southerners are the loudest when it comes to freedom of expression until it's a Muslim issue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed's Wives Town Hall Meeting With Women / Shehu Sani Name Missing As Mass Exodus Hits APC / Amaechi: Wike Is A Drunk, Spends N50m On Alcohol Per Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.