Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women (39272 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Much Ado About Hijab, By Hassan Gimba / Makinde: Wearing Of Face Mask Now Compulsory In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Akanbiedu(m): 6:23am On Jun 02, 2021
seunmsg:
So, putting it in the constitution that Muslim ladies should be allowed an unrestricted use of hijab will solve all our structural problems? Is this the kind of issue we should be discussing at the constitution amendment hearing?

Everybody should be free to bring his her own issue forward.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Flows001(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2021
poiZon:

Under hijab, they can invent new mode of stealing, hiding things
Swrs man.
One lady on full hijab stole that big turkey oil from a shop in my street and held it under her hijab, the shop owner suspected foul play because she suddenly became restless and he asked her to remove her two hands from her hijab... come see gbesse and shame that day!!! Alot of evils happen under that hijab especially those ones that dress like Ninjas undecided
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Lazenby007(m): 6:59am On Jun 02, 2021
I fear who no fear islam
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2021
Even christians must wear hijab to schools and churches.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Flows001(m): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2021
adamumar522:

Do ur do, make I do my do. Tolerance is far from u bros
See this mumu talking about tolerance.
No be the same Northern Governors dey destroy people's businesses in the name of alcohol prohibition? Does our constitution prohibit selling and drinking of alcohol? Why must the Muslims down North ban it and nobody is saying anything? Are there no other religions in Kano other than Islam? Where's the tolerance there? A whole Dubai sef wey dey Middle East dey allow trading in alcohol because they know the economical value but here na so so backwardness be northerners problem. I get plenty Malo niggars wey dey drop countless bottles daily. Hypocrites! Nigeria is a secular state and any attempt to implement that Archaic Sharia will not work!! Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by ProfGday(m): 7:10am On Jun 02, 2021
Turban has fried the brain of this guy... He's now talking in nounsense....

U only know a stupid man by opening of his mouth,so of all calamities that 9ja is facing,hijab is now your priority... Big black idioit of a leader
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by McLizbae: 7:12am On Jun 02, 2021
At this time! Baba, o wrong o!
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by eldoradoxx: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2021
African traditional religion some of us practise requires that we pray to our ancestors with alcohol, we will agree to the wearing of hijab if Sultan will guarantee that traditionalists in Kano, Sokoto, Zamfara etc will be allowed to buy and sell their alcohol without any inhibition since alcohol is a part of their religious tool.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:36am On Jun 02, 2021
Paragon311:
Of all the glaring challenges faced in Nigeria.

I give it up totally on these Northerners...

Decorum = 0
Intellectual property = 0
As it stand now, the only sensible northerners I know don't stay in the north, blame the sultan not...
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by vineyardfarms: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2021
Nemere2020:
Constitution Review: Sultan proposes unrestricted wearing of Hijab by Muslim women

https://dailynigerian.com/constitution-review-sultan/

@ sultan - common sense is not common after all. You see nothing wrong with fulani killer herdsmen - kidnapping - boko haram- killings - banditry - unrest - ldp camps - who is in charge president or presidency?? - ransome payments -bad leadership - loop sided appointment - nepotism -uncontrol borrowing, nothing to show - multiple rising cost of living - deaths - nigeria - now world headquarters of poverty. EXCEPT HIJAB AND RELIGION. SHORT OF WORDS -
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Lefty500: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2021
Just know that religion is a hustle. This man's daughter had no hijab on, on her graduation, but Allah won't punish her or shariah won't rush to arrest her, let a commoner try that, the story will be different.

https://www.nairaland.com/3939244/fatima-abubakar-sultans-daughter-graduates

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by olabukola: 7:40am On Jun 02, 2021
NaijirianKing:
This is a welcomed development, pragmatically speaking, Nigeria is a Muslim majority country and Islam is Nigeria's dominant religion. Unfortunately, some Muslims are not allowed to practice their faith in peace, imagine a school girl having her hijab ripped off at her school in the SW.

Such freedoms should be guaranteed by law. Development can only happen when there is strict adherence to rule of law and religious freedom. Let's live together in harmony.

Spot on. Don't know why non Muslim are crying, it's for Muslim majority and our ladies are ok with it both in the north and SW even the Muslim ladies in the east will key in if ipob did burn down the east by then.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by vineyardfarms: 7:50am On Jun 02, 2021
Nemere2020:
Constitution Review: Sultan proposes unrestricted wearing of Hijab by Muslim women

@ sultan - common sense is not common after all. You see nothing wrong with fulani killer herdsmen - kidnapping - boko haram- killings - banditry - unrest - ldp camps - who is in charge president or presidency?? - ransome payments -bad leadership - loop sided appointment - nepotism -uncontrol borrowing, nothing to show - multiple rising cost of living - deaths - nigeria - now world headquarters of poverty. EXCEPT HIJAB AND RELIGION. SHORT OF WORDS -
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by TushXhander(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2021
All of you are just misquoting the Sultan just to push your own narratives. He didn't force anybody to wear Hijab, he just said he sees no reason why schools will not allow their pupils wear Hijab. Same way i had issues with my school for always seizing my Rosary back then in school. Everybody should learn to drink water and mind his/her businesses. As long as you practicing your religion doesn't affect me in anyway then i don't care.
Secondly, we can cruxify the military and government all we want but if we don't change or amend our so called Constitution, nothing will change. Our Constitution breeds CORRUPTION!!! Know this and know peace
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Raph82(m): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2021
unbitchable:
This man is a devil incarnate. He is the main sponsor of religious anarchy in the country. He wants hijab enshrined in the constitution so that Muslims would put on hijab in Christians schools & in all public parastatals. In the same vein, a call for Sharia as though Nigeria is an Islamic country. Someone needs to remind this idiot that he can only promote his Islamic agenda in futa jalon and not in Nigeria.
Try wetin for FUTA? Na for Dem UDU (Usman Danfodio University) make e dey try their stupid agenda o. FUTA for where. If anybody try craze for FUTA, craze go worry am.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Raph82(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2021
unbitchable:
This man is a devil incarnate. He is the main sponsor of religious anarchy in the country. He wants hijab enshrined in the constitution so that Muslims would put on hijab in Christians schools & in all public parastatals. In the same vein, a call for Sharia as though Nigeria is an Islamic country. Someone needs to remind this idiot that he can only promote his Islamic agenda in futa jalon and not in Nigeria.
Try wetin for FUTA? Na for Dem UDU (Usman Danfodio University) make e dey try their stupid agenda o. FUTA for where? If anybody try craze for FUTA, craze go worry am.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by yemosticadam(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2021
These leaders are always the initiators of Nigeria's problems.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by tezzwb(m): 8:29am On Jun 02, 2021
Kings999:
Terrorist religion... tongue

Oponu somebody
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Ramsak1: 8:36am On Jun 02, 2021
see MUMU
clarocuzioo:
Other Nations are sending their citizens to the moon, see what is the problem of people am sharing the country with.

Not to mention all the evil and challenges bedevilling the north where he is from.

Chaii!!! Lord Lugard may you continue to rest in pieces.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by gbengaadeleye12: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2021
I support this man
Nemere2020:

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by wink2015(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2021
NIGERIA is a secular state.

The crisis on the wearing of Hijab in Kwara state came up because muslims were infiltrating into christian founded schools because of the high standard of the school.

But at the same time they brought in their religion to destablise the schools in Kwara state.

The founder of the school say NO WEARING OF THE HIJAB but they refused and this lead to the crisis in Kwara state

1 Like

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by dammyllare(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2021
Eifour:

You just don't promote your assumption as a fact, Mufutahu Lanihun Comprehensive high School at Oremeji Ibadan,Ratibi College at Oluyoro Ibadan, Muslim High School etc at all these schools and more you will considerable number of students not using hijab but berets.

For your nephew you need another argument to raise.Because you are making a mistake very close to generalization of fallacy.Just because you ain't good does not mean all people are like you.

Are they acting in conformity with Islamic doctrines or not?
Are they not covering their heads, do they have chapels in the school for their prayers, do they teach CRS?
I will make findings as regard these schools cos I use to live in Ibadan.
We are all at liberty to choose.
If a Christian goes to Saudi or Turkey, he tries as much as possible to live by the laws there because they are Islamic countries and those are respected but Muslims will go to USA knowing fully well they are a Christian country and would start asking for unreasonable treatment.
You can hide it for all I care but we know because we live with you guys....
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by LegalWolf: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2021
neyohh:

Imbeciles indeed.. they're only tolerant when it comes to vice's. They aren't Christian or religious.

More troubling is how they talk like they're some developed advanced people when the results show the opposite.

Imaging, do they expect the sultan to raise d 3 trillion dollars infrastructure deficit or get military ware to stop boko haram.

Yet these stupid southerners are the loudest when it comes to freedom of expression until it's a Muslim issue.

Thank you o
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by dammyllare(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2021
neyohh:

A Muslim wearing hijab doesn't infringe on your rights!

Now if they force others to wear it, that's where I'll see an issue.

I've dissected the problem in my previous comment, most of you don't have a mind of your own, hence a conflict of interests.

Imaging calling yourself a liberal when you have no clue what it means.

Anyways I'm not a Muslim or northerner but I'll keep showing the stupidity of southern people and their double whammy intolerant standards.

Oh really? Please has the north been seceded to the Arabs or Islamic caliphate?
Do you allow Christians and atheist to sell and buy alcohol down north?
Is that not an infringement on their rights?
You brought hisbah to even make arrest on regards on rubbish that isn't enshrined in the constitution yet come here to cry foul everytime.
We know you guys that you can never be satisfied.
You guys were already brought up with the ideology of overruling others.
I have seen your MSSN preach and teach students those years.
For me and others down south, you won't do rubbish in the South..
If you want your country out of Oduduwa also, we would be happy to give you lots
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by neyohh: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2021
dammyllare:

Oh really? Please has the north been seceded to the Arabs or Islamic caliphate?
Do you allow Christians and atheist to sell and buy alcohol down north?
Is that not an infringement on their rights?
You brought hisbah to even make arrest on regards on rubbish that isn't enshrined in the constitution yet come here to cry foul everytime.
We know you guys that you can never be satisfied.
You guys were already brought up with the ideology of overruling others.
I have seen your MSSN preach and teach students those years.
For me and others down south, you won't do rubbish in the South..
If you want your country out of Oduduwa also, we would be happy to give you lots

I'm done with this conversation.

You've been advised repeatedly to stop assuming I'm a northerner which doesn't seem to sink in.

I'm probing your mind for intelligence and broad thinking but you don't have it, just ranting like a bitch.

I'm done, once again it's a pity you're Yoruba.
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Babalola0920: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2021
If all our women dress properly maybe the rubbish will reduce 90% of all the problem still redirect or direct to our women
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by dammyllare(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2021
neyohh:

I'm done with this conversation.

You've been advised repeatedly to stop assuming I'm a northerner which doesn't seem to sink in.

I'm probing your mind for intelligence and broad thinking but you don't have it, just ranting like a bitch.

I'm done, once again it's a pity you're Yoruba.

Foolish ones like you who believe you have a clear mind as regards these issues are tools in their hands.
You won't see any wrong now but I refer you to histories or countries who were taken over by Islam.
You would be dumped later after using you to get what they want.
It is clear you aren't wired for any intelligent discuss...
Probably a boy somewhere who is still being fed by his parents.
Same way we adviced you lots in 2015 as regards history and what Buhari can offer, you guys claimed ignorance and said you would vote him with NEPA bill.
We have seen what a liberal mind like yours brought us.
For me and the rest who didn't bring this dude, God will always make a way for us..
For me as a person, I have had best of offers in his time and my firm is growing well so I am not bothered.

I will only keep hammering the right words into skulls like yours to revisit history, these people hasn't changed neither are their ideologies.
We have seen with Benue, Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Kwara, Turkey e.t.c how they operate.
Enjoy your life!

For the record, I don't care if you are a northerner or not, you can be a southerner with a northerner mentality.

Besides, I raised points up there as regard others right up north but you wouldn't tackle such... Just beating around the bush about not being a northerner
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by ofiko123(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nice one....they should keep wearing it....it has been clearly stated in the Quran..I doubt if it is going to change any time soon..
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Una go cry taya

Thank God Nigeria is not run on Nairaland

Nobody gives a fukck about your religion in the south east and south south. If you like in the south west, embrace fundamentalism. Soon Lagos will become like Karachi, then your eye go open. See Osun and Kwara for examples of how islamic error has divided yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Omoodua007: 2:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
NaijirianKing:
This is a welcomed development, pragmatically speaking, Nigeria is a Muslim majority country and Islam is Nigeria's dominant religion. Unfortunately, some Muslims are not allowed to practice their faith in peace, imagine a school girl having her hijab ripped off at her school in the SW.

Such freedoms should be guaranteed by law. Development can only happen when there is strict adherence to rule of law and religious freedom. Let's live together in harmony.

Aboki you don’t speak for Yoruba Muslims
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Omoodua007: 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2021
neyohh:

Let's repeat what he said. ..

Allow Muslims to dress in hijab freely, that's it!.

All these emotional rants are meaningless because southerners are living as they please already.

It's terrible when you guys conflate religion with development because as far as I know some Islamic countries are doing way better than western wannabe southerners.

As a Yoruba man yourself, how will you stop your Muslim Yoruba brother's from practising their religion let alone the north.

Between why are you so angry about hijab? I just don't get it.

I’m confused when have Yoruba Muslims being banned from wearing hijab in public spaces ?
Re: Sultan Proposes Unrestricted Wearing Of Hijab By Muslim Women by Omoodua007: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
Eifour:

Bro,I must first commend your civility at least you are not indulging in gutter argument this common on this platform.

But what discussion should a Muslim who feels he has been marginalised by the legacy left behind by the white colonial masters?plus, the questions of religion are fundamental questions which urgently needed to be attended to in Nigeria,we cannot pretend religion questions are inconsequential.And besides on several occasions had the Sultan lamented the problems that bedevil the country and in his own little way he has proffered solutions.And in the write-up above Sultan's talk covers more than the problems that border only on religion.
I do never push for the use of hijab in
missionary schools but only at the government institutions.
Let me shock you and I stand to be corrected,Muslims here in Southwest are more tolerant than the Christians.I challenge you to go to any Islamic oriented school under the government,the christians there are not ordered or forced to use hijab infact they are being allowed to use beret.Whereas it is no if we should turn the table.

Why not let the Christain students not use beret

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Visits Atiku, Holds Secret Meeting [pictures] / Who Is The Best Performing State Governor So Far? / Nigerian Election Thrown Into Chaos As Buhari Suspends Country's Top Judge- CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.