Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit (1286 Views)

Col TK Zubairu Former Imo State Military Administrators Is Dead (pics) / Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun / 2019: Marwa Leads Former Military Administrators To Buhari In Aso Villa Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by BuharisBoy: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
...... ...... ......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by Abascoh: 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
He doesn't have the power to do that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by BuharisBoy: 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
Abascoh:
He doesn't have the power to do that.
why? What obj did!
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by phorget(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2021
Small small military go take over...
Can't wait for that day though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by BuharisBoy: 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
phorget:
I don't want military to take over now!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by phorget(m): 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2021
BuharisBoy:

You want buhari to finish us first abi?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by slivertongue: 7:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nigeria is a troubled state so let's advocate for a military administrator for Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by helinues: 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
Where do you normally get your inspiration from?

From sniffing of mosquitoes poo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by FarahAideed: 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2021
And he hasn't done that in Borno s8ince ?
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
phorget:
slivertongue:
Nigeria is a troubled state so let's advocate for a military administrator for Nigeria

Kind of shows there are some here born after we took over from military. You can tell who they are by how they so want to jump back into the fire.

BuharisBoy, please tell them so they hear.

BuharisBoy:
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by phorget(m): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

Kind of shows there are some here born after we took over from military. You can tell who they are by how they so want to jump back into the fire.

I had Babangida,Abacha and Abdusalami under my belt as my experience for a military rule but unfortunately non was ever worse than what our Buhari has been dishing out to us under the guise of democracy.
If Buhari"s method of ruling is what you'll call democracy then I would rather have a military dictatorship.
It baffles me that people like you still have the guy to keep supporting a failure like buhari but who I'm I to blame you though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by slivertongue: 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

I gave him a higher dose, he can't call for military administrator for troubled states when the presidency is also troubled.. I was in secondary school when ibb took over so spare me the worst civilian administration is better than the military regime lecture
i didnt buy in that maxim in d university
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
slivertongue:

I gave him a higher dose, he can't call for military administrator for troubled states when the presidency is also troubled.. I was in secondary school when ibb took over so spare me the worst civilian administration is better than the military regime lecture
i didnt buy in that maxim in d university

I guess they never taught you in your university how you use democracy to change the worst civilian administration unlike the military administration you have zero power to influence. Or perhaps that just wasn't what you went there to learn or you just missed the class that day?

Thankfully, you are here on Nairaland so hope is not lost.

Join the Nairaland Democratic Party and be the difference you want to see!
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by slivertongue: 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

I guess they never taught you in your university how you use democracy to change the worst civilian administration unlike the military administration you have zero power to influence. Or perhaps that just wasn't what you went there to learn or you just missed the class that day?

Thankfully, you are here on Nairaland so hope is not lost.

Join the Nairaland Democratic Party and be the difference you want to see!

funny enough I teach, and I tell me my students that I don't buy into all the 'pretences' of democracy. am of vertical thoughts

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
phorget:

I had Babangida,Abacha and Abdusalami under my belt as my experience for a military rule but unfortunately non was ever worse than what our Buhari has been dishing out to us under the guise of democracy.
If Buhari"s method of ruling is what you'll call democracy then I would rather have a military dictatorship.
It baffles me that people like you still have the guy to keep supporting a failure like buhari but who I'm I to blame you though.

I am afraid you do not quite seem to understand what democracy is about, because it is not only a form of rulership, though it can also be.

Democracy is about the majority electing the rulers of a nation, and the current Buhari administration is that majority's choice. Its like a certain trump was the choice of the majority in 2016 or whenever it was, but not the choice of the majority in 2020 hence a President called Biden in 2021.

Nigeria will have an election in 2023, I believe, when the majority will exercise their democratic powers to elect a new president. We can just hope the last 8 years open more eyes so the majority wisely choose, a choice you clearly will not ever have if military were to rule!
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
slivertongue:

funny enough I teach, and I tell me my students that I don't buy the presences of democracy. am of vertical thoughts

You teach, and you "don't buy the presences of democracy. am of vertical thoughts", whatever it is you mean by that?

I thought Nigeria was bad enough but if you are teaching antidemocracy and your desire for military to take over I think I need to become a lot more worried than I currently am!
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by owobokiri(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
If he likes let him impose masquerades as governors here, it will backfire and will be resisted. And you know hat? Buhari won't be here long enough to even defend his atrocious decisions... Chew on that.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by phorget(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

I am afraid you do not quite seem to understand what democracy is about, because it is not only a form of rulership, though it can also be.

Democracy is about the majority electing the rulers of a nation, and the current Buhari administration is that majority's choice. Its like a certain trump was the choice of the majority in 2016 or whenever it was, but not the choice of the majority in 2020 hence a President called Biden in 2021.

Nigeria will have an election in 2023, I believe, when the majority will exercise their democratic powers to elect a new president. We can just hope the last 8 years open more eyes so the majority wisely choose, a choice you clearly will not ever have if military were to rule!

Unfortunately Africans has the habit of making mess of everything given to them,religion was brought to us but we made mess of it all and so also every other things including politics.
The democracy we claim to be practicing has been so demoralised to the extent that people would even clamour for a military rule. Come 2023 who would you vouch for to give us a good governance with the caliber of hungry and self centered mauriding politicians abound.
I'm afraid if there would ever be any election again in this country though.
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by slivertongue: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

You teach, and you "don't buy the presences of democracy. am of vertical thoughts", whatever it is you mean by that?

I thought Nigeria was bad enough but if you are teaching antidemocracy and your desire for military to take over I think I need to become a lot more worried than I currently am!

'pretences of democracy'
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by slivertongue: 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

the problem with Nigeria is at the presidency not the subnational units
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
phorget:

Unfortunately Africans has the habit of making mess of everything given to them,religion was brought to us but we made mess of it all and so also every other things including politics.
The democracy we claim to be practicing has been so demoralised to the extent that people would even clamour for a military rule. Come 2023 who would you vouch for to give us a good governance with the caliber of hungry and self centered mauriding politicians abound.
I'm afraid if there would ever be any election again in this country though.

Every nation "has the habit of making mess of everything given to them". Christianity was given to Europe, and we have read of the 100s of years of dark ages that preceded the Age of Enlightenment, so please do not speak ill of we Africans, West Africans to be precise, who are only just now in reception of a religion about an individual we are informed brought it out of Egypt which is in our own Africa in the first place, because there will indeed become a time when we will stop behaving like ignorant believing naked enslaved Adam, and become like Eve who would rather use her own senses to discover if she would surely die on the day she seeks wisdom and knowledge or not and become free.

There will be an election. And my own fear is that the choice will be between Tinubu and Atiku, which will disastrously be no choice at all. And then 4 years will pass during which we live through the consequences of our choice just as we have done the last 8 years and then get to choose again. And another 4 years will pass during which we will live through the consequences of our choice and then get to choose again. And another 4 years will pass during which we will live through the consequences of our choice and then get to choose again and on and on. And all those passing 4 years will be opportunities for us to learn to chose wisely, or whether we prefer to continue suffering in ignorance like enslaved Adam in the Garden of Eden!

Do please be aware that the date will someday be in the year 2031. And 2051, And 2121. May we have learnt the errors of our ways long before then.
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
slivertongue:

the problem with Nigeria is at the presidency not the subnational units

The problem with Nigeria is you and my very own self! We, the Nigerians! And until we realise that fact and take responsibility for our existence, wailing continuata indeed, shall be our collective lot!
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Note to self!

Yep! Definitely a lot more worried and I do need to work harder educating those the individual below might have disinformed!

slivertongue:

'pretences of democracy'
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by Abascoh: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
BuharisBoy:
why? What obj did!
Obasanjo abused his powers because Nigerians were yet to fully grasp the concept of separation of powers at that time. The president can only declare a state of emergency with the approval of the national assembly and even then, the civilian leadership structure will remain in place, he can't impose military administrator on any state. Check back to when GEJ imposed a state of emergency on the north east and see how it was done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by buckeyemedia: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
BuharisBoy:
why? What obj did!
Abuse of the rule of law.
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by buckeyemedia: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
Abascoh:

Obasanjo abused his powers because Nigerians were yet to fully grasp the concept of separation of powers at that time. The president can only declare a state of emergency with the approval of the national assembly and even then, the civilian leadership structure will remain in place, he can't impose military administrator on any state. Check back to when GEJ imposed a state of emergency on the north east and see how it was done.
The State House of Assembly & Governor of the state must consent to it, then make a request to the President, the process must be initiated from the state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by slivertongue: 11:46pm On Jun 01, 2021
budaatum:

The problem with Nigeria is you and my very own self! We, the Nigerians! And until we realise that fact and take responsibility for our existence, wailing continuata indeed, shall be our collective lot!

the presidency is an institution put in place by the followership and not really an individual though an individual gives it direction. am not in the class of those who take nonsense from elected leaders under the guise of nascent democracy. this thread called for military rule in troubled states and my take is why not the presidency which is inept in solving inter group conflicts. I did aluta for this fourth republic and ain't ready to be a slave to it. u are at liberty to worship these moronic leaders
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by Sunday2021: 12:04am On Jun 02, 2021
phorget:

then bring your father to take over.
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by Sunday2021: 12:10am On Jun 02, 2021
owobokiri:
If he likes let him impose masquerades as governors here, it will backfire and will be resisted. And you know hat? Buhari won't be here long enough to even defend his atrocious decisions... Chew on that.
Namdi kanu parents also said Buhari will not last 3month but now Buhari witness their shameful burial.
Be careful!
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by budaatum: 1:16am On Jun 02, 2021
slivertongue:

the presidency is an institution put in place by the followership and not really an individual though an individual gives it direction. am not in the class of those who take nonsense from elected leaders under the guise of nascent democracy. this thread called for military rule in troubled states and my take is why not the presidency which is inept in solving inter group conflicts. I did aluta for this fourth republic and ain't ready to be a slave to it. u are at liberty to worship these moronic leaders

I guess the bit about democracy being the power we have to change those who lead us went completely over your head, but thankfully the majority of us prefer democracy than military rule and I bet we'd be able to convince even you to join us in aluta if military take over, though I am confident we'd never ever see that day again.
Re: Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit by omonnakoda: 1:24am On Jun 02, 2021
Abascoh:

The National Assembly did not debate and approve Obasanjo's states of emergency?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Accuses Reno Omokri Of Collecting $10 Million To Blackmail Buhari In New Y / IPOB To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Reaching A Secret Deal To Conduct / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.