Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations (2015 Views)

Resign Now - FCT Indigenes Tell Wike, Protest At The National Assembly / Sanwo-Olu: 'If It Was Wike That The CSP Disobeyed..' - Reno Reacts / Busty Slay Queen Supporter Of Wike That Got People Talking- Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gidgiddy: 11:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
Whenever I remember that Governor Wike of Rivers State is a Lawyer, I shudder. He must have made a really bad Lawyer with the way he reasons. Whenever Wike talks about IPOB, he will say:

'Rivers state is in the South/South'

'Rivers people are not South East people'

'Rivers is not part of Biafra'

Someone should tell Wike that what he is calling Rivers state and South/South are nothing but illegal creations of the military

Someone should tell Wike that self determination is a universal right recognised in international law and anyone or any group can agitate for it anywhere. Wike has no right to tell Asari Dokubo he is not a Biafran because Asari is from Rivers.

Someone should tell Wike that Rivers State was created in 1967 by Gowon through military fiat, without the ethnic nationalities of the place agreeing to its creation.

Someone should tell Wike that South/South was created by General Abacha and that South/South is not recognized by any Nigerian law

Someone should tell Wike that Ndoki, Asa and Egbema are ethnic Igbos who have part of their lands in Abia and Imo as well as Rivers State. The Egbema in Rivers(Egbema-Ndon LGA) isnt any less Igbo than the Egbema nextdoor in Imo(Ohaji-Egbema LGA)

Someone should tell Wike that what he is calling Oyigbo, was initially known as Obigbo, until it was carved out of Imo and put in Rivers then renamed "Oyigbo". An imposed name can never be more important than an ancestral name

Finally, someone should tell Wike to get some sense.

8 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by chatinent: 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2021
I learnt sth today. Thanks sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
That is why this same area and tribes you mentioned are marginalized in Rivers State.

They have no say where a Ikwerre, Opobo, Ogoni or Kalabari man stands,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Ever8090: 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
Trash....go face your 5 states and stop making notice..there are Yoruba in Benin Republic and Togo but Nigeria Yoruba are not dragging them into Oduduwa Republic.
When Isaac Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic, he did not include the south east so you can see that there is nothing wrong with the south south having their own nation while you get yours and f**CK off their back..
Abi that your one plot of red mud erosion ravaged land dey fear you? grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Simplyleo: 12:07am On Jun 02, 2021
I quite agree with the op.

The OP is a SAN and he just schooled Wike, who claimed to be a lawyer, on the legality of states creation and naming of some areas. Wike should present his certificate to prove he was ever called to bar.

In addition to what the OP said, someone should tell Wike that he is an indigene of Rivers state by illegal military creation because he is actually from Republic of Niger. undecided

Ipob pigs are brain dead animals.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:
Whenever I remember that Governor Wike of Rivers State is a Lawyer, I shudder. He must have made a really bad Lawyer with the way he reasons. Whenever Wike talks about IPOB, he will say:

Someone should tell Wike that what he is calling Rivers state and South/South are nothing but illegal creations of the military

Someone should tell Wike that self determination is a universal right recognised in international law and anyone or any group can agitate for it anywhere. Wike has no right to tell Asari Dokubo he is not a Biafran because Asari is from Rivers.

Someone should tell Wike that Rivers State was created in 1967 by Gowon through military fiat, without the ethnic nationalities of the place agreeing to its creation.

Someone should tell Wike that South/South was created by General Abacha and that South/South is not recognized by any Nigerian law

Someone should tell Wike that Ndoki, Asa and Egbema are ethnic Igbos who have part of their lands in Abia and Imo as well as Rivers State. The Egbema in Rivers(Egbema-Ndon LGA) isnt any less Igbo than the Egbema nextdoor in Imo(Ohaji-Egbema LGA)

Someone should tell Wike that what he is calling Oyigbo, was initially known as Obigbo, until it was carved out of Imo and put in Rivers then renamed "Oyigbo". An imposed name can never be more important than an ancestral name

Lol

I just hope you won't give yourself hypertension because of Wike the ikwerre man from Rivers state grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by buckeyemedia: 1:05am On Jun 02, 2021
chatinent:
I learnt sth today. Thanks sir.
Oppressors that is why they begged the British to separate them from you, they have no plans in going back to the past, Thank You General Gowon for separating us from them, although under one monarch British, isn’t Irish, Rivers isn’t Igbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by TrackerXL: 1:17am On Jun 02, 2021
Igbo claim they have right to self determination but NigerDelta will have to go n collect the same right from God.

10 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by yanabasee1(m): 1:26am On Jun 02, 2021
Simplyleo:
I quite agree with the op.

The OP is a SAN and he just schooled Wike, who claimed to be a lawyer, on the legality of states creation and naming of some areas. Wike should present his certificate to prove he was ever called to bar.

In addition to what the OP said, someone should tell Wike that he is an indigene of Rivers state by illegal military creation because he is actually from Republic of Niger. undecided

Ipob pigs are brain dead animals.

If anyone will miss this thread, it'll never be you.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Blue3k(m): 2:55am On Jun 02, 2021
If you dont like the map boundries adjust them. All those places are part of Rivers till they vote to succeed from the through legal means or by force. Instead of crying about just correct it.

gidgiddy:

An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of boundary adjustment of any existing State shall only be passed if- 

(a) a request for the boundary adjustment, supported by two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding and the area affected by the boundary adjustment) in each of the following, namely- 

(i) the Senate and the House of Representatives, 

(ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and 

(iii) the local government councils in respect of the area. is received by the National Assembly; and 

(b) a proposal for the boundary adjustment is approved by - 

(i) a simple majority of members of each House of the National Assembly, and 

(ii) a simple majority of members of the House of Assembly in respect of the area concerned

2 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by SaintBishop: 3:16am On Jun 02, 2021
TrackerXL:
Igbo claim they have right to self determination but NigerDelta will have to go n collect the same right from God.

That's I why I said the igbos are not so different from the hausas they don't like or the yourbas they so much despise, the only difference is that they( igbos) don't have the poltica mighty the other two have if not,it will be hell for those enthic groups closed to them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Graysons: 3:34am On Jun 02, 2021
SaintBishop:
That's I why I said the igbos are not so different from the hausas they don't like or the yourbas they so much despise, the only difference is that they( igbos) don't have the poltica mighty the other two have if not,it will be hell for those enthic groups closed to them.
You are so on point.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by helinues: 5:27am On Jun 02, 2021
That shouldn't be your headache...

Worry about your worries
Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gidgiddy: 6:41am On Jun 02, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Oppressors that is why they begged the British to separate them from you, they have no plans in going back to the past, Thank You General Gowon for separating us from them, although under one monarch British, isn’t Irish, Rivers isn’t Igbo.

Anyone thanking Gowon for creating Rivers State is someone who does not know why Gowon created Rivers State

Do you think that Gowon would have created Rivers State if it did not benefit his fellow Northerners in some way?

The creation of Rivers State is how Gowon and his fellow Northerners stole the Oil and the gas wealth of the area

The creation of States made the Northerners masters of Nigeria

Before the creation of Rivers state, there was resource control. The people got as much as 75% of what came out of their land. Now it is 13% derivation, meaning that the people lost over 60% of their wealth because Rivers state was created

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by opuambe(m): 6:49am On Jun 02, 2021
I personally know some of the actors in the agitation, formation and development of Rivers State including, Chief P.G Warmate, Chief Dappa Biriye, Chief Melford Okilo, His Royal Majesty Francis Alagoa Mingi X of Nembe, Chief Godfrey Kio Jaja Amachree, Reverend E.T Dimiari, Chief Emanuel Aguma, Chief Thom Manuel, Chief Napoleon Graham Douglas, Chief Opuogulaya and Mr. Ken Sarowiwa to mention a few.
Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by thundafire: 6:50am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

shut up ur useless Biafra wouldn't come to pass with all this nonsense happening

2 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Fejoku: 7:07am On Jun 02, 2021
opuambe:
I personally know some of the actors in the agitation, formation and development of Rivers State including, Chief P.G Warmate, Chief Dappa Biriye, Chief Melford Okilo, His Royal Majesty Francis Alagoa Mingi X of Nembe, Chief Godfrey Kio Jaja Amachree, Reverend E.T Dimiari, Chief Emanuel Aguma, Chief Thom Manuel, Chief Napoleon Graham Douglas, Chief Opuogulaya and Mr. Ken Sarowiwa to mention a few.
Shortly after the creation of the state, Ken Saro-wiwa started crying again and he was later executed when all his effort to fight the exploiters of his ancestral land failed. However, he later went back to the same Ojukwu he so much hated after realizing the game that was played in the creation of Rivers but it was too late for him.
One question every smaller tribes of the South South should ask themselves is this. If Igbos are removed entirely from Nigeria, what will become their fate? Black people should be able to reason out things for themselves.
If fulanis are currently wiping out smaller Christian tribes of the north and middlebelt, will the smaller Niger delta tribes be spared for any reason? The answer is very obvious.
NB: Wike is a just a foolish man who lacks any iota of proper reasoning. Every Rivers state indigene should be worried when they see fulani terrorists cheering Wike up. It never ends well for those that dine with them. Afonja was once cheered by the fulanis until he was effectively isolated from the rest of Oyo before he was slaughtered and Ilorin taken away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gare(f): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

Why can't you people just leave the south south states alone, we have said it times without number that we are not part of you guys, whats is the problem with you all, manage your five states, as many of the ethnic igbos in the south south that wants to join your Biafra, they can relocate and start a New live there, I have no issues with your agitations, but leaves us a lone we are not part of you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by sageb: 7:19am On Jun 02, 2021
opuambe:

these are notable Ijaw men who fought creation of Rivers State. Today the Rivers Ijaws are neglected in the scheme of affairs.

1 Like

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Born2Breed(f): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2021
South East is also a military creation.

OP, What is your point?

1 Like

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Ever8090: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2021
How is that your problem?..same crime you are accusing Hausa Fulani of is the same crime you have in mind. I can bet anything,' your insistence on carving the South South in your country is all about their resources nothing more nothing less..
gidgiddy:

Anyone thanking Gowon for creating Rivers State is someone who does not know why Gowon created Rivers State

Do you think that Gowon would have created Rivers State if it did not benefit his fellow Northerners in some way?

The creation of Rivers State is how Gowon and his fellow Northerners stole the Oil and the gas wealth of the area

The creation of States made the Northerners masters of Nigeria

Before the creation of Rivers state, there was resource control. The people got as much as 75% of what came out of their land. Now it is 13% derivation, meaning that the people lost over 60% of their wealth because Rivers state was created

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by Danzysb(m): 7:39am On Jun 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gidgiddy: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2021
TrackerXL:

Igbo is a tribe, which tribe is Niger Delta?

Niger Delta is nothing but a land grabbing scheme

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gidgiddy: 7:47am On Jun 02, 2021
Ever8090:
How is that your problem?..same crime you are accusing Hausa Fulani of is the same crime you have in mind. I can bet anything,' your insistence on carving the South South in your country is all about their resources nothing more nothing less..

The same Wike made Biafra his problem. Anyone can agitate for Biafra anywhere, it is for the indigenous people to accept it or reject it, it is not for Wike to decide for the people

Wike should stop using illegal military creations of the Military such as Rivers State and South/South to deny people their legitimate right to agitate for self determination
Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by racerve(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

This is a silly question. It's like asking which tribe is Rivers or Bayelsa.

The Niger Delta is a geographical area made up of multiple ethnic groups. Just because we're heterogeneous doesn't mean we can't think for ourselves.

We don't want to be part of Biafra. Ndi igbo leave us alone.

5 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gidgiddy: 7:55am On Jun 02, 2021
racerve:

This is a silly question. It's like asking which tribe is Rivers or Bayelsa.

The Niger Delta is a geographical area made up of multiple ethnic groups. Just because we're heterogeneous doesn't mean we can't think for ourselves.

We don't want to be part of Biafra. Ndi igbo leave us alone.

Those words 'Niger Delta' is what a Bini man uses to claim to speak for Ibibio, Efik, Ogoja despite Bini being no where near Ibibio, Efik or Ogoja nor having any historical link with them

Niger Delta is just about land grab

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by paramakina202: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

They simply do not want to be part of your reckless and deadly Biafra adventure that will end in tears and sorrow.
When someone who is suppose to be close to you is rather running away from you there must be something wrong somewhere.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by OPPPS: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

if you say SS States were illegally states created by Military govt.Can you tell us the administration that created the states in SE? Most of you are nothing but confused elements on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by gidgiddy: 9:22am On Jun 02, 2021
OPPPS:

if you say SS States were illegally states created by Military govt.Can you tell us the administration that created the states in SE? Most of you are nothing but confused elements on nairaland

Every state in Nigeria is the illegal creation of the military but what is laughable is that Wike believes that it is state that gives one its ethnic group

Thats why he does not know Egbema, Asa, Ndoki and Etche in his state are all Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by TrackerXL: 9:40am On Jun 02, 2021
So in the foolishness of a foolish Igbo like you only a tribe make up a country or only a tribe can have a country ?

gidgiddy:

5 Likes

Re: Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations by arcnomec(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2021
Please can you have sense for once?
If you conduct a referendum now for Rivers state people to join your Biafra agenda,j bet you you will have a 80%(No) and 20%(yes)

You don't force people to be with you in a relationship, the same way you lots claiming that you were forced to be part of this country is the same way you guys want to force other states to be part of you.Hypocrisy is in total display here

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

June12protest: Portharcourt protesters are gathering / Sunday Igboho... Listen To Me!!!!!!!!! / Ohanaeze To IPOB: Terrorism, Not Liberation Happening In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.