Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

The Accounting Profession: What You Should Know - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Accounting Profession: What You Should Know (324 Views)

Is The Legal Profession As Lucrative As It Used To Be? / ‘technology Will Help Rebuild Trust In The Accounting Profession’ / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Accounting Profession: What You Should Know by Layze(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2021
Have you always been curious about the accounting profession? Have you always fancy yourself being an accountant? Do you always have a dream of becoming a professional and chartered accountant? Have you heard of the acronym ICAN before and have always wondered what it means? – seek no more, this article is for you.

In my last article,I explained how one can become a professional in any field . Accounting is a highly lucrative profession because it has so many scopes and can be applied to any field or job. It is a very diverse and wide profession with so many opportunities and fortune. It is one of the few professions that can never be made irrelevant – no matter the impact of technology and science.

Chartered accountants are one of the most recognized and highest paid professionals in Nigeria and all over the world.
A chartered accountant in Nigeria can easily make his transition abroad and start practicing as an accountant without much problem.

Accounting is a moral and ethical profession and its practitioners hold so much respect and value.
Accountants are needed in every sector of the economy – commerce, trade, education, technology, science – you name it.

There are so many fields for you to choose and thrive in as an accountant. You can work as a financial analyst, a financial reporter, a government accountant, a tax consultant, a management accountant, an auditor, a forensic accountant, a business consultant and so on. 

Vital Information about the Profession:

- Accounting is a professional course: that is, obtaining a bachelor’s degree in accounting doesn’t automatically make one a qualified accountant. 

- You need to be professionally certified before you can be a qualified and chartered accountant.

- You cannot provide accounting service to a client in Nigeria, and other countries, if you are not a qualified accountant.

- Anybody, I mean anybody, no matter the course you studied or currently studying in school, you can also become a chartered and qualified accountant.

My dear brother and sister, your dream of becoming a chartered accountant is finally ready to come true! Whether or not you studied accounting in school, or you are currently studying, you can become a professional and qualified accountant in the space of two and a half years –30 months!
As a student, you can become a chartered accountant as an undergraduate. I mean you can become a professional accountant even before leaving the four walls of school! 

How, then, can you become a professional accountant? What are the steps to take and the things to do? Watch out for my next article as I accompany you on your journey of professionalism.

For enquires and information,

Call/WhatsApp: 09066268746
Email: lekanbello98@gmail.com

https://www.nairaland.com/6518025/why-should-professional
https://www.nairaland.com/6523736/how-professional

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Planner Is Not Working For You. / University Of Oxford Congratulates DJ Cuppy In Her Post / 5 Mind Changing Lessons I Learnt From The Bachelor Of Copywriting (BOC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.