Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! (8897 Views)

Intercepted Video Of ESN, Ipob's Military Wing Undergoing Military Drill / IPOB Asylum: What UK Said About IPOB, MASSOB, ESN, Oyigbo, Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu: Adeyanju Deji Regrets All He Said About IPOB Leader - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by funkekemi(f): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2021
blues234:
Nnamdi Kanu, since his advent has brought nothing but sorrow tears and blood to Igboland. I just touched the East yesterday, and I can tell you majority of our people are agaisnt what Kanu and his boys are doing here. But you an dare talk, else they label you sabo and eliminate you. The recent burning down of a Doctor's house in Ohanfia lay credence to this reality.
We don't want IPOB in Igboland, neither Nigerian Army. Both of them represents two extreams of death.
Seems to be the worst time to be Igbo. A repeat of Gowon and Ojukwu
much as I am in support of what igboid is saying , don't come here and lie, you are not in any igbo land and majority of Igbos are solidly behind nnamdi kanu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by mrvitalis(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:
Does IPOB have war planes?

If No! Then do they atleast have air defense systems to bring down NIGERIAN war planes and missles in Mass and successfully?

If the answer is still No!

Then even 50million rag tag soldiers cannot help IPOB.

No be by making empty noise in social media, when trouble starts now, we find out that MNk and IPOB have no plans other than to start tagging UN, EU, AU,ECOWAS, USA, ISRAEL , etc on social media while crying like babies.

The world is too busy if you can't help yourself.
Syria , Palestine, Myanmar Muslims,Tibet, Kurdistan, Chechyna, etc.
The world watched it all happen and nothing was done.
Take what happened in Obiigbo as a dress rehearsal. Nothing has happened so far, no culprits brought to Justice, people are missing their loved ones in Obiigbo till today.

MNK and IPOB better be serious and don't waste anyone's time if they don't have resources for this. There are so much at stake here for them to have no plans but social media rantings and wailing on Twitter when bodies of Igbos starts pilling up.
U can't use war planes for gurila war ...ask Cameroon
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by juman(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

We don't want war

All we want is peace in Nigeria .

Presently we are in war situation.
Boko Haram, bandits, kidnappers, herdsmen are fighting war against Nigerian people.

I wish if it's possible to hire obasanjo for six months to one year as president to quell the insecurity.

The cow brain buhari is useless incompetent president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
Alusiizizi:

Hey,
I understand your grievance and you make good points but look a little closer, there is indeed a strategy. Cows and herdsmen were a platform to grow the ESN. The Nigerian army is not nearly as powerful as you imagine it to be and the ESN is an army of volunteers. Anonymity is an asset. Surprise is an asset. Those warplanes that terrify you so much, will they not eventually land(probably somewhere in the SE)? Not as if Nigeria has so many of them to begin with(26 last I checked). Even an eagle must eventually set foot to earth at some point. It is then that the attacks will come. When they are most vulnerable. So you see, the Nigerian army is just as handicapped as IPOB, perhaps even more so. Probably the reason why they have not yet won.

Victory to IPOB!!!
Victory to Biafra!!!
Victory to ESN!!!

Nwanne, I don't want to hear that Owerri, Enugu, Aba,Onitsha, Awka, Abakaliki are burning while people are living good life in Kano, Kaduna, etc.

We should be able to inflict maximum pain on them over there too. If they insist on bringing death to our cities again.
People should not be able to rain bombs on our heads without having to worry about bombs from us raining down on their wives and children back home. This should be basic law of group survival.

It is my belief that until we have acquired the ability to do the above, we should deescalate hostilities with Nigerian Military and quietly go on the drawing board.
We and Nigerians always knew since 1970 that a second Biafran war is a matter of when and not IF.
We have like forever to prepare for this. And it's not written anywhere that this our generation must win this war. We can lay down the solid foundation that would put the next generation in a very strong position of winning this coming war.

I don't favour or like our current odds against these people. We are by no means in a good position to sustain this for now.

We wanted to prove a point, and we have done that already, we should deescalate issues and IPOB and all concerned should go underground and provide answers to those questions I posed so that the coming generation will not have to deal with those same questions.

Because those were questions our parents had no answers for in 1967-70 and it's painful to note that we still don't have answers for them today.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
mrvitalis:

U can't use war planes for gurila war ...ask Cameroon

What is happening in Cameroon?

Ambazonia has been devastated.
I have one Ambazonian in my work place.
Many of them are refugees in Nigeria and neighboring central African countries.

Is that your strategy for us in Igboland?

7 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by mrvitalis(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Stop lying ... Cameroon tried to attack them from air ... USA declared a no flight zone ..they have a transition government that runs the place ...

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by cheruv: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Having warcrafts is important.
You can't have a situation where we are running from bombs in the East while people go on throwing owambe and have parties in Abuja and the rest of Nigeria.

We should be able to bring whatever chaos they brought to us back to them.
That's how you end wars.

USA ended the WW2 by basically dropping a nuke on Japan.

Imagine FG in East flexing muscles bombing Eastern cities and we went on counter mad leveled Kano, Kaduna and Abuja to stone age?

That would be practically game over!

That's what I'm talking about.
You can't keep always fighting on defense! You should be able to attack too.
Nwanne...
I'm not negating the need for an air force but acquiring them and maintaining them at the early stages might not be easy, moreover we'd to man them... And when they're shot down, the pilot goes down with it... kiss
On the other hand, we can adopt the Hamas model... In which surface to surface missiles can be employed. So you see that whilst our air defence systems keep the NAF outta our skies, we rain death and destruction on the cities of the enemy using surface to surface missiles.
Iran and Russia are leaders in missile production, and they've ranges that can cover all the major cities, and also like Hamas, we can also mass produce them just like we did for ogbuniigwe kiss

5 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by OfoIgbo: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

If No! Then do they atleast have air defense systems to bring down NIGERIAN war planes and missles in Mass and successfully?

No be by making empty noise in social media, when trouble starts now, we find out that MNk and IPOB have no plans other than to start tagging UN, EU, AU,ECOWAS, USA, ISRAEL , etc on social media while crying like babies.

Take what happened in Obiigbo as a dress rehearsal. Nothing has happened so far, no culprits brought to Justice, people are missing their loved ones in Obiigbo till today.

MNK and IPOB better be serious and don't waste anyone's time if they don't have resources for this. There are so much at stake here for them to have no plans but social media rantings and wailing on Twitter when bodies of Igbos starts pilling up.

When ESN had just been birthed, I wrote something around December of January of this year. I made it clear that ESN needed to have armour-piercing capabilities and guided surface-to-air missiles to deal with aerial bombardments by bombers and fighter jets and attack helicopters and even armed drones

These capabilities will also help check the advance of armored tank divisions, as the force will be reluctant to proceed knowing full well that ESN can knock out the tanks and roast the occupants.

Digging ditches and setting bobby traps will not be as decisive as what I proposed above, but they will help a little.

Possessing assault riffles is no where near enough in carrying out an effective insurgency.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Alusiizizi(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Nwanne, I don't want to hear that Owerri, Enugu, Aba,Onitsha, Awka, Abakaliki are burning while people are living good life in Kano, Kaduna, etc.

We should be able to inflict maximum pain on them over there too. If they insist on bringing death to our cities again.
People should not be able to rain bombs on our heads without having to worry about bombs from us raining down on their wives and children back home. This should be basic law of group survival.

It is my belief that until we have acquired the ability to do the above, we should deescalate hostilities with Nigerian Military and quietly go on the drawing board.
We and Nigerians always knew since 1970 that a second Biafran war is a matter of when and not IF.
We have like forever to prepare for this. And it's not written anywhere that this our generation must win this war. We can lay down the solid foundation that would put the next generation in a very strong position of winning this coming war.

I don't favour or like our current odds against these people. We are by no means in a good position to sustain this for now.

We wanted to prove a point, and we have done that already, we should deescalate issues and IPOB and all concerned should go underground and provide answers to those questions I posed so that the coming generation will not have to deal with those same questions.

Because those were questions our parents had no answers for in 1967-70 and it's painful to note that we still don't have answers for them today.

[/quote]
People should not be able to rain bombs on our heads without having to worry about bombs from us raining down on their wives and children back home. This should be basic law of group survival.[/quote]

Seconded here, and indeed there will be a time for that. We are long past those protests and puzzling petitions to UN, EU or whatever. The ESN is growing nicely and it's not hard to imagine the formation a death squad detachment along with the ranks. The same terror that they rain from the skies of Biafra, they will see with the blood of their wives and children. Patience. One must learn to crawl before one can walk.

To this point, I contend that we already have acquired this ability but there is not a collective awareness of this. Right now it's but a guerilla affair, but mark my words, the time will come when the skill and talent of Biafra will begin to manifest, at then Nigeria will not be able to buy enough warplanes to avert its doom.

I have to contend this point. I think our odds are great. Especially now.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
cheruv:

Nwanne...
I'm not negating the need for an air force but acquiring them and maintaining them at the early stages might not be easy, moreover we'd to man them... And when they're shot down, the pilot goes down with it... kiss
On the other hand, we can adopt the Hamas model... In which surface to surface missiles can be employed. So you see that whilst our air defence systems keep the NAF outta our skies, we rain death and destruction on the cities of the enemy using surface to surface missiles.
Iran and Russia are leaders in missile production, and they've ranges that can cover all the major cities, and also like Hamas, we can also mass produce them just like we did for ogbuniigwe kiss

Sounds good.
If only we have a real Igbo think tank that IPOB has to be accountable to.
This think tank would have IPOB prove to them that they have capabilities for long range missles strikes on our enemies cities, such that for one bomb they throw on Enugu, we rain 20 on theirs. While our people bleed and cry, theirs will wail and roll on the floor in pool of blood.

It's only under the above conditions should we be engaging Nigerians again in war.

Because whenever I watch what we went through in Biafra in 1967-70, while Gowon was busy dancing awantilo and partying in Lagos and Kaduna, so much that he had time to get wedded in the same period and threw a big Party that the whole NIGERIA enjoyed while my mother was in a forest in Ojoto running away from Gowon sanctioned airstrikes on Biafran markets. I get angry at Ojukwu failures.

Such a thing should never happen again.
Our enemies should be able to be made to feel our pain too. cry
If IPOB and MNK can't guarantee that, then they are not the ones to win us this fight.
We might have to wait a bit more longer.

15 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by nku5: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
bigpriik:
I can believe my eyes? What did i just read?
Ipob recruited 50,000 men thats a large army,
No wonder their confidence.

50,000 armed with Android and iPhones

7 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

That's not a strategy.
Hope and expectations are never a strategy.

No ally will show when you start a war and on the back foot with no plans.

None!

This was how Kanu was busy instructing Igbo youths in Obiigbo to hide in the bush when Nigerian Army went on door to door search catching and killing them.

Kanu had no plans. He was on Twitter tagging UN, USA, etc, crying genocide.

That's not a man with plans.

We all want Biafra. But I see no plans or strategic planning in IPOB and MNK that shows even a glimpse of him being capable of outmaneuvering Nigerian Military in open combat. None so far.

If you are looking at this whole scenario with an independent mindset,you would reach same conclusion.

Telling everyone to pick guns and start fighting NIGERIAN Military and police because the army of the Dead,aka Fulani heardsmen are heading our way, is no strategy.

There has to be a long term well drawn out strategy.
I see none from MNK and IPOB.
Ipob has no air power,and that's why they have chosen the unconventional warfare.
Embedded in a sympathetic society (SE) they will have a never ending recruitment pool for fighters. The security forces no matter there strength can't win such a battle,because this time around there won't be a reason to justify bombing markets ,schools and industries (what the Nigerian army does best). There won't be a justification to starve the whole region to death and with the economic situation on ground + rising insecurity, I don't see an easy way out of this.
Dialogue still is the way out not force
It happened in Vietnam, North korea, Afghanistan , France,Eritrea . It's happening again in Afghanistan,Iraq, Ambazonia.
Moving in troops into the SE will just be like falling into the Ipob trap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by amuwo1980: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

You too will feel it personally , it will scorch u
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by blues234: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
Alusiizizi:

[s]Hey,
I understand your grievance and you make good points but look a little closer, there is indeed a strategy. Cows and herdsmen were a platform to grow the ESN. The Nigerian army is not nearly as powerful as you imagine it to be and the ESN is an army of volunteers. Anonymity is an asset. Surprise is an asset. Those warplanes that terrify you so much, will they not eventually land(probably somewhere in the SE)? Not as if Nigeria has so many of them to begin with(26 last I checked). Even an eagle must eventually set foot to earth at some point. It is then that the attacks will come. When they are most vulnerable. So you see, the Nigerian army is just as handicapped as IPOB, perhaps even more so. Probably the reason why they have not yet won[/s].
Total bunkum. All these crap you wrote is far from realities

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by amuwo1980: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Ambazonia have come to stay , if u doubt just stray over to that place and repeat what u just said

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
amuwo1980:

You too will feel it personally , it will scorch u

Nnaa what is your point?

4 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2021
Sound of an empty drum.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by blues234: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2021
funkekemi:
much as I am in support of what igboid is saying , don't come here and lie, you are not in any igbo land and majority of Igbos are solidly behind nnamdi kanu
I don't owe you any explanation. I'm currently in Abakelike, so does it affects your reason?
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by OfoIgbo: 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Having warcrafts is important.
You can't have a situation where we are running from bombs in the East while people go on throwing owambe and have parties in Abuja and the rest of Nigeria.

We should be able to bring whatever chaos they brought to us back to them.
That's how you end wars.

USA ended the WW2 by basically dropping a nuke on Japan.

Imagine FG in East flexing muscles bombing Eastern cities and we went on counter mad leveled Kano, Kaduna and Abuja to stone age?

That would be practically game over!

That's what I'm talking about.
You can't keep always fighting on defense! You should be able to attack too.

I understand what you are talking about here, but the reality is that war planes sales go on between governments, or war plane manufacturers and governments, usually supervised by defence ministries of the manufacturing countries, so war planes may be out of the reach of IPOB for the moment.

But guided missiles should be within the technical competence of IPOB with its wherewithal. With guided mid-range missiles, IPOB can take the war to the enemy.
IPOB can also send in crack commando troops to some of these locations to ensure no one is partying, if you know what I mean. But this will be much later as I don't think a force of 50,000 is enough to defend Biafra and engage on these long distance missions.

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by FarahAideed: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Does Nigeria have war planes ? You are a clown

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by richmond500: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2021
bigpriik:
Nigerian Army sacked 3000 soldiers recently, just so u know
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by richmond500: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
FarahAideed:

Nigeria has fighter jets, choppers and massive ships

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
OfoIgbo:

I understand what you are talking about here, but the reality is that war planes sales go on between governments, or war plane manufacturers and governments, usually supervised by defence ministries of the manufacturing countries, so war planes may be out of the reach of IPOB for the moment.

But guided missiles should be within the technical competence of IPOB with its wherewithal. With guided mid-range missiles, IPOB can take the war to the enemy.
IPOB can also send in crack commando troops to some of these locations to ensure no one is partying, if you know what I mean. But this will be much later as I don't think a force of 50,000 is enough to defend Biafra and engage on these long distance missions.

I see.
My concern is that in whatever they are doing, under no circumstances should anyone living outside Biafra be partying while cheering on their murderous troops.

As we bury our Dead, they should be burying theirs too.
As we live under fear of airstrikes, they should be living under same fears.
They should not be living in peace back home while they bring war to us in our homeland.

Mbanu!

8 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by richmond500: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

It's not gonna be easy to take out 50,000 IPOB fighters in war .

This is not the biafra war, those Igbos got dangerous weapon and I fear what will be left of Nigeria after the war because already Boko Haram and armed bandits has already wrecked serious havoc up North.
21st century war is decided by who has the most sophisticated weapons, this is not the days of Alexander the great, a war plane with two pilots can wipe out 1000 fighters

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
richmond500:
Nigerian Army sacked 3m soldiers recently, just so u know

Stop lying.
NIGERIA has 310,900 active military personnel and reserve of 89,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Armed_Forces

Where will they get money to pay 3 million people?

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
richmond500:
21st century war is decided by who has the most sophisticated weapons, this is not the days of Alexander the great, a war plane with two pilots can wipe out 1000 fighters

Not if the opponents have good air defence system.
That warplane would be grounded in matter of minutes by rains of projectiles.

4 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
FarahAideed:

They do.
Maybe outdated scraps from WW2.
But they are better than none.

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by EverythingFit: 3:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by richmond500: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2021
Igboid:

Not if the opponents have good air defence system.
That warplane would be grounded in matter of minutes by rains of projectiles.
which Ipob doesn't have, its not by having AK 47 o.
3 fighter jets, 6 choppers, 5,000 foot soldiers and 12 tankers will destroy the enter Ipob population

4 Likes

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by MoonWater: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
bigpriik:

50,000 men! How many people dey the whole of south east sef?
Ipob are jokers

1 Like

Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by MoonWater: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
richmond500:
3 fighter jets, 6 choppers, 5,000 foot soldiers and 12 tankers will destroy the enter Ipob population

Total annihilation
Re: What Did I Just Read About Ipob Military Strength!!! by Igboid: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
richmond500:
6 fighter jets, 5,000 foot soldiers and 12 tankers will destroy the enter Ipob population

Problem being that IPOB are not a conventional ARMY. So how do you single them out from the sympathetic Igbo society?
You going to commit another genocide?

Either way, you are making my point obvious.
IPOB must be sure they have potent air defense system before they can go toe to toe with FG.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Family Of Beheaded Pilot- Chimda Hedima / Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release / Popular Socialite, Tunji Alaso Stabbed To Death (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.