Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] (5946 Views)

What Makes Up BIAFRA? Can Biafra Become A Separate Entity From Nigeria? / Biafra Can Never Be Defeated And Wiped Away - Soyinka / Why The Freedom Of Biafra Can Never Be Compromised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by nsiba: 4:24am On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

those slaves are better than you today go and see them in america while your head it blocked with oyel,lol

That is why dem de run go Ghana, come how many of them "can't breath"?
I de here full ground
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by nsiba: 4:31am On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

you are a coward that wont mention his tribe you have been busted niger delta is not a tribe,i am from the south east only tribe is igbo and so called niger delta we have almost 20 or more tribes now what is your tribe or run away

You are s fool of 2days old that needs spoon feeding with your idoitic tribe that got no history trying to feel relevant
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 4:33am On Jun 03, 2021
nsiba:

That is why dem de run go Ghana, come how many of them "can't breath"?
I de here full ground

go sleep you no get talk again
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by nsiba: 4:37am On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

go sleep you no get talk again

Cry me a river and wail like Bob Marley...
Idoits
so you mama never warned you of us
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 4:39am On Jun 03, 2021
nsiba:

Cry me a river and wail like Bob Marley...
Idoits
so you mama never warned you of us

coward all you know na to insult papa and mama,contaminated crude oyel brain,carry your L go
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by nsiba: 4:42am On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

coward all you know na to insult papa and mama,contaminated crude oyel brain,carry your L go

Criminals, land grabbers, 419ners everything evil and cheats, which human go joke with such snakelike minded people

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by plaindealer: 4:52am On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:
I am not an expert on niger delta issues, I am an expert on international issues/Fulani related issues because I have studied the Fulanis, I did a little research on Adaka boro/ijaws as well

I want us to have an honest discussion and those that have knowledge of the maritime industry should educate us, I know the white men used to sail to Onicha back then if we all follow the thread of our Biafran remembrance and we saw that our enemies are still ready to kill us and what they didn't know is that we finally truly saw our enemies and our so-called brothers around us and if you notice many of them did not commiserate with us, correct me if I am wrong did wike say anything about Biafra? Aside from barking like a mad dog with rabies and boasting about not having to sit at home in rivers.

We must really watch these our neighbors very carefully, Adaka Boro killed Biafrans he was used by the Fulanis and they still turn around and blame Igbos and play the victim, I have read Boros brother interview he had with punch newspaper, he said the Northern cabal supported boro to undermine Ironsi and he never wanted any Niger delta Republic and look at what is happening today the Fulanis killed him and no Niger Delta Republic.

We have been facing pressure as Igbos and they insult us and call us landlocked, saying we should leave the Niger delta alone and I think the main people talking are Ijaws and maybe Ikewerre, so now the question is can we build a port at River Niger? We need to end this side talks like we are begging the same people that betrayed us, it is like they are holding us down, we must give them Niger delta Republic or the Ijaw Republic, we have a lot in common with the Efik and Ibibio people and I would love to share the same country with them where we would have equal rights. we have gas and oil in our 5 states and we can take back the part that Gowon stole in 1967, just the Igbo-speaking part.

So maritime guys can we build a port at Onicha, if we can let us face our own Biafra state and if Akwa-Ibom and Calabar want to join they are free, Igbos with knowledge should talk about it, so we should stop wasting time and if it not possible then we need a pact with delta state and the Igbo speaking brothers to have a port there, if we can build at the River Niger nobody will block our link to the Atlantic, our ships can enter from the Atlantic down to River Niger.

https://www.biafranboys.org/biafracan-we-build-port-at-onicha-river

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8BiKDkCBfw

Are ipob terrorists slaughtering and killing ibo people and unknown gunmen killing your own people, burning down public buildings and businesses your friends?

You are killing your own people and destroying your own towns and villages, but you still managed to blame your own self-inflicted atrocities on other people?

You Igbos live in your own weird and alternate reality..

Btw, you are too late and this topic is mute and redundant because your enemies already gave you a functioning river port, first in 42 years, the same way your enemies gave you 2nd NB that you were denied for 30 years same way your enemies gave you ZIK mausoleum that was abandoned for 26 years.

Obviously, your enemies love you more than you love yourselves..

grin grin
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by plaindealer: 4:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by plaindealer: 5:05am On Jun 03, 2021
Also, this riverport thing is ok, but in the grand scheme of things, it's of marginal consequences because the SE is not a major market, the market and the massive buying population with disposable income are in the SW which is the largest market in Sub Africa if not in the whole of Africa so where is the sense in shipping goods to the SE or SS with your ship sailing past Lagos to the SE to offload, they turn around and send the same goods back to Lagos/SW to sell?

Sane and sensible business people don't go in a circle, incur extra costs and end up losing money. Business is all about money, not emotional, sentimental or tribal pride.

Where is the sense and wisdom in that?

Over the years, sellers, manufacturers, marketers, and shippers saw the disadvantages and lack of practicality so they keep shipping directly to Lagos/SW to sell and maximize profit.

You people dwell too much on emotion and tribal sentiments..
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by engrchykae(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

please tell us more i think you are an engineer one of the profession i respect,we need to school these kids
am not a marine engr but I believe and know that in azumini,abia state,we have a link to the ocean,hence the name(back of the ocean)
Our ancestors were gods.
They had perfect understanding of their geography.
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
nsiba:

Criminals, land grabbers, 419ners everything evil and cheats, which human go joke with such snakelike minded people

lol..you don take panadol
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
plaindealer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8BiKDkCBfw

Are ipob terrorists slaughtering and killing ibo people and unknown gunmen killing your own people, burning down public buildings and businesses your friends?

You are killing your own people and destroying your own towns and villages, but you still managed to blame your own self-inflicted atrocities on other people?

You Igbos live in your own weird and alternate reality..

Btw, you are too late and this topic is mute and redundant because your enemies already gave you a functioning river port, first in 42 years, the same way your enemies gave you 2nd NB that you were denied for 30 years same way your enemies gave you ZIK mausoleum that was abandoned for 26 years.

Obviously, your enemies love you more than you love yourselves..

grin grin

dude speak english
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
engrchykae:
am not a marine engr but I believe and know that in azumini,abia state,we have a link to the ocean,hence the name(back of the ocean)
Our ancestors were gods.
They had perfect understanding of their geography.

nice one bro..more blessing
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
plaindealer:
Also, this riverport thing is ok, but in the grand scheme of things, it's of marginal consequences because the SE is not a major market, the market and the massive buying population with disposable income are in the SW which is the largest market in Sub Africa if not in the whole of Africa so where is the sense in shipping goods to the SE or SS with your ship sailing past Lagos to the SE to offload, they turn around and send the same goods back to Lagos/SW to sell?

Sane and sensible business people don't go in a circle, incur extra costs and end up losing money. Business is all about money, not emotional, sentimental or tribal pride.

Where is the sense and wisdom in that?

Over the years, sellers, manufacturers, marketers, and shippers saw the disadvantages and lack of practicality so they keep shipping directly to Lagos/SW to sell and maximize profit.

You people dwell too much on emotion and tribal sentiments..

what is this one saying the biggest market in west africa is in igbo land,so you cant build igbos a port in warri or calabar,we have to go down to south west are you high on expired milk,you see the injustice ...NEXT

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2021
Simple technical facts

1. If you look at the course of the Niger River you can see that its origin is outside Nigeria. That means it can be diverted by upstream countries whether partially or totally .We should pay attention to what is happening with the Nile in Ethiopia.
There is no guarantee that the River will still enter Nigeria in 50-100 years.
It is outside our control

2. Assuming the above does not happen. The question is looking at the over 4000km of the River. There is no geographical reason to single out Onitsha for a port. Why not Lokoja, Jebba Timbuktu etc
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

what is this one saying the biggest market in west africa is in igbo land,so you cant build igbos a port in warri or calabar,we have to go down to south west are you high on expired milk,you see the injustice ...NEXT
Which s the biggest market in West Africa? How do you work that out?
for me bigness has to be : How much money changes hands, daily weekly or yearly?

Do you have that data and what is the source
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Which s the biggest market in West Africa? How do you work that out?
for me bigness has to be : How much money changes hands, daily weekly or yearly?

Do you have that data and what is the source

na wa o,have you not been living in nigeria and first what is your tribe?

Ariaria International Market
The Ariaria International Market is an open-air market located in Aba, a city in Abia State SouthWestern Nigeria. The market is one of the largest markets in West Africa and nicknamed "China of Africa" because of its versatility in the making of wears and leather works
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:
Simple technical facts

1. If you look at the course of the Niger River you can see that its origin is outside Nigeria. That means it can be diverted by upstream countries whether partially or totally .We should pay attention to what is happening with the Nile in Ethiopia.
There is no guarantee that the River will still enter Nigeria in 50-100 years.
It is outside our control

2. Assuming the above does not happen. The question is looking at the over 4000km of the River. There is no geographical reason to single out Onitsha for a port. Why not Lokoja, Jebba Timbuktu etc

dude we are igbos we can build a port in our igbo speaking part in delta with sea access and we can build an island like china,look we have many options all your spanners wont stop we igbos
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

na wa o,have you not been living in nigeria and first what is your tribe?

Ariaria International Market
The Ariaria International Market is an open-air market located in Aba, a city in Abia State SouthWestern Nigeria. The market is one of the largest markets in West Africa and nicknamed "China of Africa" because of its versatility in the making of wears and leather works
When people repeat the same nonsense everyday they start believing it

In order to make claims you must have data

How much sales are made in Ariaria annually and what is your source

When the Premiership league ends we know the points , Goals for, Goals against etc

How much money is made in Ariaria?

Ariaria might have been biggest in 1940. Is it today?

Evidence?

I find it hard to believe for 1 simple reason

Population and transport infrastructure.

I have been to Ariaria several times .
Today it is very difficult to reach because of poor transport infrastructure and flooding during the rainy season.
Why would anyone from the SW go to Ariaria ? To buy what?
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

When people repeat the same nonsense everyday they start believing it

In order to make claims you must have data

How much sales are made in Ariaria annually and what is your source

When the Premiership league ends we know the points , Goals for Goals against etc

Ariaria might have been biggest in 1940. Is it today?

Evidence?

I find it hard to believe for 1 simple reason

Population and transport infrastructure.

I have been to Ariaria several times .
Today it is very difficult to reach because of poor transport infrastructure and flooding during the rainy season.
Why would anyone from the SW go to Ariaria ? To buy what?

you dont know anything,did you even read we are talking of west africa and you are talking of south west are you alrite?this igbo hate have really clouded your thinking,stop sounding unintelligent
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

dude we are igbos we can build a port in our igbo speaking part in delta with sea access and we can build an island like china,look we have many options all your spanners wont stop we igbos
Well you are not disappointing

You are doing what you are best at

empty boasting
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

you dont know anything,did you even read we are talking of west africa and you are talking of south west are you alrite?this igbo hate have really clouded your thinking,stop sounding unintelligent

Leave abuse and give facts and figures

How much money is made there daily?

This idea of "big market" is outdated

No one talks of biggest market today

There are different types of markets.
There is petrol market
Recharge card market
Cement and building materials market
The Nigerian Stock Exchange is the biggest market in Nigeria
Amazon is probably the biggest market on earth
In terms of sales whether it is foodstuff, livestock cars, trucks, provisions the biggest markets are ALL in Lagos State
That is where the population is , the wealth is and whatever little manufacturing we have in Nigeria

people come to Lagos to buy "provisions" to sell in Aba FACT

There is no market in Aba that makes more money than Balogun Market
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Leave abuse and give facts and figures

How much money is made there daily?

This idea of "big market" is outdated

No one talks of biggest market today

There are different types of markets.
There is petrol market
Recharge card market
Cement and building materials market
The Nigerian Stock Exchange is the biggest market in Nigeria
Amazon is probably the biggest market on earth
In terms of sales whether it is foodstuff, livestock cars, trucks, provisions the biggest markets are ALL in Lagos State
That is where the population is , the wealth is and whatever little manufacturing we have in Nigeria

people come to Lagos to buy "provisions" to sell in Aba FACT

There is no market in Aba that makes more money than Balogun Market

lol..is balogun market one of the biggest in west africa?
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

lol..is balogun market one of the biggest in west africa?
Guy you are the ones that like claiming biggest market

It is an outdated concept because the face and definition of "market" is changing

Balogun market is a niche market that sell particular things just like Alaba sells electronics

Of those things that Balogun sells like Omo and other provisions there is no bigger market in Nigeria .
I personally think the idea of boasting about biggest market is foolish
What is the biggest market in London, Paris or New York?
Balogun is not a cattle market or a vegetable market There are many different markets in Lagos State.

Lagos State is the biggest market in Nigeria.

People travel from Aba to shop in Lagos

Tell us what people travel to Aba from Lagos to buy

Bigness is not physical size but revenue/turnover
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

Guy you are the ones that like claiming biggest market

It is an outdated concept because the face and definition of "market" is changing

Balogun market is a niche market that sell particular things just like Alaba sells electronics

Of those things that Balogun sells like Omo and other provisions there is no bigger market in Nigeria .
I personally think the idea of boasting about biggest market is foolish
What is the biggest market in London, Paris or New York?
Balogun is not a cattle market or a vegetable market There are many different markets in Lagos State.

Lagos State is the biggest market in Nigeria.

People travel from Aba to shop in Lagos

Tell us what people travel to Aba from Lagos to buy

Bigness is not physical size but revenue/turnover

you are too slow for me...we are talking of west africa and you talking of nigeria,do you even read what you type
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

you are too slow for me...we are talking of west africa and you talking of nigeria,do you even read what you type
You can try to change the subject all day long

It won't work

The issue is the claim about Aijiri market in Aba

Deal with that and stop changing the subject .
I am talking about Nigeria because I do not make claims without basis or discuss what I do not know

So as far as Nigeria is concerned

The biggest market for everything is Lagos State
Whether it is cars, trucks , electronic
cattle etc.

Where are the roads to Aijiri market? It is poorly accessible so to claim the whole world come there to buy drones is wishful thinking
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

It won't work

I am talking about Nigeria because I do not make claims without basis or discuss what I do not know

cattle etc.

Where are the roads to Aijiri market? It is poorly accessible so to claim the whole world come there to buy drones is wishful thinking

stop embarassing your self you cant compare west africa to nigerian market,you foret we have onicha main market

Onitsha Market
Onitsha Market also known as Onitsha Main Market is the one of the largest markets in West Africa based on geographical size and volume of goods. It is based in the city of Onitsha, the commercial capital of Anambra State in southeastern Nigeria and governed by one of the most revered traders associations on the continent, the Onitsha Market Traders Association
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

It won't work

cattle etc.

bro now rest

Balogun Market
Balogun Market is a market located on Lagos Island in Lagos State, Nigeria. The market has no particular address because it sprawls across so many streets on the island. Balogun market is recognized as the best place to buy fabrics, shoes and all sorts of wears.
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

stop embarassing your self you cant compare west africa to nigerian market,you foret we have onicha main market

Onitsha Market
Onitsha Market also known as Onitsha Main Market is the one of the largest markets in West Africa based on geographical size and volume of goods. It is based in the city of Onitsha, the commercial capital of Anambra State in southeastern Nigeria and governed by one of the most revered traders associations on the continent, the Onitsha Market Traders Association
You are waffling

All I asked is a simple question

If you are to call a market Largest

We need a basis information set

How much revenue is generated there.

If that information is not forthcoming then you are just making NOISE
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by omonnakoda: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

bro now rest

Balogun Market
Balogun Market is a market located on Lagos Island in Lagos State, Nigeria. The market has no particular address because it sprawls across so many streets on the island. Balogun market is recognized as the best place to buy fabrics, shoes and all sorts of wears.
What is your point?
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
fozapi:

my opinion is that of the people and our opinion made southern governors meet our opinion is making 30th may a holiday in igbo land,this topic is going on facebook,twitter and the rest.you think it stops on this anti igbos platform..you are joking

Anti-igbo platform, yet, here you are.
Re: Biafra: Can We Build A Port At Onicha River Niger[photos ] by fozapi(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
omonnakoda:

You are waffling

All I asked is a simple question

If you are to call a market Largest

We need a basis information set

How much revenue is generated there.

If that information is not forthcoming then you are just making NOISE

bro you go school,what kind of revenue do you think 2 of the biggest markets in west africa will generate? and remember west africa include nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. / See Diezani’s Partner-in- Crime, His Super Yacht And Billion Dollar Wealth (pix) / Peter Obi's Cv - By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.