Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation (197 Views)

Reps Receive 40 Bills On Constitution Amendment, Set December 2025 Deadline / Dolapo Osinbajo Attends Reps Plenary On Constitution Amendment / Sanwo-Olu Declares Public Hearing On Constitution Review Open (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation by BluntCrazeMan: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2021
The Senate on Tuesday reaffirmed its readiness to hold national public hearing on Thursday and Friday this week (3rd and 4th of June, 2021) in order to alter some provisions of the 1999 constitution.
According to the Senate President, the 2-day national public hearing on proposals to alter the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 is scheduled for Thursday 3rd June to Friday 4th June, 2021, at the African Hall of the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
Lawan appealed to Nigerians to seize the opportunity provided by the national public hearing to state their position on issues that would improve the quality of governance.
He said: “let me also congratulate the members of the Constitution Review Committee of the Senate, who had conducted the public hearings across the countries...”

“... [And] in fact, the report we received has shown that in all the centres, the public hearings were quite successful.”
“... I want to also appeal to Nigerians to take the opportunity of the national public hearing that will take place from Thursday...”

“... This is an effort that the National Assembly – particularly the Senate - is attached to.”
“... We believe that we must do whatever is necessary to provide a platform for Nigerians to air their views, give their positions and canvass for whatever they feel would make our country better, and make governance more efficient and successful.

“... Like I said before, we have no preconceived positions on anything and, therefore, this is for our citizens to take the opportunity.”
Source:
https://www.blueprint.ng/constitution-review-senate-to-hold-national-public-hearing-thursday/
It can be seen from the above report, that they intended to just gather at the International Conference Centre as usual, and do their normal closed-door meetings and go, without giving room for any form of online/virtual participation and contributions to the so-called National Public Hearing..
Re: Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation by BluntCrazeMan: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2021
I have said it before..
And I continue to say it..
Our Leaders don't really care about us, even though we are “supposed” to be the ones that voted them there.
Re: Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation by BluntCrazeMan: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation by BluntCrazeMan: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
Seun
Re: Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation by tk4rd: 8:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Na Today Sef??
No Massive Publicity.??
They just decided on Tuesday, and Boom, they had fixed Thursday already??
Just like that?? shocked
They just wanted to do their thing, so as to fulfill all righteousness.
They even said that the zonal public hearings were “Quite” Successful. And then, the House of Reps did their own Zonal Public Hearings too (which was done with very little or No Publicity at all). Now they want to do the Senate National Public Hearing. Later, the House of Reps would conduct their own National Public Hearing too with no publicity at-all.
And they would just come out with a Hoax of a Constitution with no single input from the citizens.
Everything they are doing now is just to fulfill all righteousness. Nothing More.
Cc.. Lalasticlala, Seun.
See what I'm seeing here oo.

1 Like

Re: Senate National Public Hearing On Constitution Review: No Online Participation by BluntCrazeMan: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2021
tk4rd:
Na Today Sef??
No Massive Publicity.??
They just decided on Tuesday, and Boom, they had fixed Thursday already??
Just like that?? shocked
They just wanted to do their thing, so as to fulfill all righteousness.
They even said that the zonal public hearings were “Quite” Successful. And then, the House of Reps did their own Zonal Public Hearings too (which was done with very little or No Publicity at all). Now they want to do the Senate National Public Hearing. Later, the House of Reps would conduct their own National Public Hearing too with no publicity at-all.
And they would just come out with a Hoax of a Constitution with no single input from the citizens.
Everything they are doing now is just to fulfill all righteousness. Nothing More.
Cc.. Lalasticlala, Seun.
See what I'm seeing here oo.
It should be going on by now, at this very moment.
I've browsed seriously in order to find a way to participate virtually through online means, but I found none

(1) (Reply)

What World Leaders Think About Nigerian Leaders / Breaking: FG Suspends Twitter In Nigeria / When Will Bashir Amad, Kayode Ogundamisi, Lautreta, Etc Deactivate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.