Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt (7633 Views)

Kaduna School Abduction: Bilal Mohammed Killed 3 Months After Wedding / Jangebe abduction: "We Will Not Succumb To Blackmail" - Buhari Warns Bandits / Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by etokhana: 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
...Rules out payment of ransom

The Niger State Government has said that it has began negotiation with the group of armed bandits responsible for the kidnap of the Salihu Tanko Islamic school children in Tegina, Rafi local government area of the state.

The government also said that it is aware of the ongoing negotiation between the parents of the abducted children but insisted that it will not pay any ransom for the safe release of the children.

The state Deputy Governor, Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Ketso who stated this in Minna on Wednesday while giving up date on the abducted Islamic school children, pointed out that “Niger State Government is negotiating the release of the abductees and we are confident that in no distant time the young children will be united with their parents.

“Government is in touch with some of the parents of the kidnapped children, they have been assured of the safe return of their wards.”

The Deputy Governor disclosed that contrary to reports that 200 children were abducted, only 163 children including some staff were taken away by the bandits, stressing that the government has established contacts with the abductors.

He assured that all the children will be rescue and reunite with their parents safely, saying that as part of the security measure, all boarding school in the state have being converted to day system until the security situation improves.

Also Alhaji Ketso said the state government has banned all commercial motorcycle operators in Minna, the state capital with effect from 3rd June, 2021, adding that only private motorcycles would be allowed to operate between the hours of 6:00am and 9:00pm.

“These are parts of measures being put in place by the government towards addressing the rising security situation in the state, especially Minna, the state capital”.

He reiterate the commitment of the government to support the security agencies with needed logistics to enable them secure the state, stressing that “We have so far given 89 operational vehicles, 283 operational motor cycles, 30 bicycles, 4 Tri-cycles in addition to funding the various security operations in the state.

“These are in addition to 70 Nissan Vehicles and 2,300 Motorcycles as mobility Support to the Vigilante Corps in the State”.

Some of the security arrangements so far put in place in the state towards tackling the security situation in the state, he disclosed includes; Karamin Goro, Sharan Daji, Girgizan Daji, Gama Aiki, Ayem Akpatuma I & II, Puff Adder I & II.

He therefore called on all residents in the state to come forward with useful information on the activities of bandits in their area to the nearest security operatives.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/niger-islamic-school-abduction-we-re-negotiating-with-bandits-niger-govt/

BREAKING NEWS: Niger State Government has Banned Commercial Motorcycles in Minna Metropolis effective tomorrow 3rd June, 2021. Private Motorcycles will be allowed to operate between 6AM to 9PM Daily
https://twitter.com/GovNiger/status/1400146127136100352?s=19

1 Share

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by NiceCeSi(f): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by miniziter(m): 4:05am On Jun 03, 2021
Thank God I didn't stay behind in Niger after my service year.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by pennyseo: 4:06am On Jun 03, 2021
Negotiating will kill all of una there

if na issues from the Eastern part you send military to kill everyone in the street, you remind us with threat how you slaughtered our people during the war, you remember how to send secret memo on why you should suspend the constitution and declare state of emergency in the East

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by chukwuibuipob: 4:06am On Jun 03, 2021
sad Reading..............

1 Like

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 03, 2021
Thunder fire Mohacow Buhari!

13 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Franzinni: 4:07am On Jun 03, 2021
It all sounds like an inside job to me but what do I know, my major issue is this...

Why is it so easy for these clueless backward minded entities we naively appoint as leaders to create a law out of their ass without finding out how to protect the interest of those that will be affected ...

You ban okada for security reasons and forget that when the okada man who you took his livelihood from him becasue of poor judgment and poor decision-making will struggle to make ends meet and that gets to the point of no return, the criminal in him will take over and then bigger problems will emerge. a new kidnaping here, a robbery there.

They should always provide alternatives if they are smart but how many politicians are actually smart ? Since 1960 till today, we are still struggling on all levels except telecommunication in my limited views... An oil producing nation.

If that is not shameful then what is?

11 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by revived: 4:09am On Jun 03, 2021
E Dun be
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by kponkedenge(m): 4:10am On Jun 03, 2021
What I never seem to understand is why the government has never arrested random northerners and tag them Boko Haram, bandits or ISWAP during all the years of insurgency.....but the same government will go into the SE, arrest random people, tag them IPOB or ESN or even unknown gun men.... Same way they do generally in the South.... Tagging any fresh young guy they arrest a yahoo boy.

I can never understand that.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by CaptBabosa: 4:10am On Jun 03, 2021
You negotiate with terrorists and pay them ransome but deals decisively with freedom agitators.. Smh

13 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Sundaypaul12345: 4:10am On Jun 03, 2021
Y'all can negotiate with bandits abi??

3 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Bvlgari: 4:12am On Jun 03, 2021
Well anything to rescue them first...anything other thing can be done after that and not excluding the use of force to terminate those bandits

Common sense!
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by DominionGreat: 4:13am On Jun 03, 2021
You negotiate with bandits in the North but kill innocent civilians in the East..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by chronique(m): 4:14am On Jun 03, 2021
They are negotiating but won't pay money; what exactly is the negotiation about? This is just pure lies. Banditry and kidnapping is the biggest industry in the north right now.

17 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by seunoyeleyep: 4:14am On Jun 03, 2021
Negotiation kill you there. You bastards

4 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Lama70(m): 4:16am On Jun 03, 2021
They will not pay ransome but they are negotiating.
I have long suspected that these guys are being funded with government money to purchase more weapons in readiness for 2023. This is the new cash cow.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by fozapi(m): 4:18am On Jun 03, 2021
how come buhari is not dealing with them,they love igbo blood

1 Like

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by edo3(m): 4:27am On Jun 03, 2021
Omo kidnapping na very lucrative biznes o...make i dust my Ak sharp sharp...

1 Like

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by TempUser: 4:27am On Jun 03, 2021
Shey everyone for naija government no dey ment laidis? You're negotiating with terrorists? How can such a government prevail after showing fear angry

1 Like

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Mc4larin: 4:31am On Jun 03, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by oloshun(m): 4:38am On Jun 03, 2021
kponkedenge:
What I never seem to understand is why the government has never arrested random northerners and tag them Boko Haram, bandits or ISWAP during all the years of insurgency.....but the same government will go into the SE, arrest random people, tag them IPOB or ESN or even unknown gun men.... Same way they do generally in the South.... Tagging any fresh your guy a yahoo boy.
I wish I know you in person, I for host you. You are one of few intelligent people on this platform.
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by oloshun(m): 4:39am On Jun 03, 2021
kponkedenge:
What I never seem to understand is why the government has never arrested random northerners and tag them Boko Haram, bandits or ISWAP during all the years of insurgency.....but the same government will go into the SE, arrest random people, tag them IPOB or ESN or even unknown gun men.... Same way they do generally in the South.... Tagging any fresh your guy a yahoo boy.

If I know you in person, I for host you make we flex and talk more. You are one of the few intelligent people on this platform.

4 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by macolino(m): 4:43am On Jun 03, 2021
It seems they don't have any language they understand..what a country...

1 Like

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Pavore9: 4:44am On Jun 03, 2021
For how long will they continue to negotiate, when there would more kidnapping ahead?

1 Like

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Guynexttdoor: 4:49am On Jun 03, 2021
It's now a recreative business for the arewas/foolanis, i hope the federal government will soon open a trainee program for the Fulani youths on banditry and kidnapping undecided

2 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Paramountguy: 4:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Nigeria is long gone. Negotiating with bandits in the North while declaring IPOB a terrorist group in the East is absurd.
Verily verily I say unto the Northern leaders 'Be careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming '.....the Northern leaders are planting what they can not harvest.

10 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 03, 2021
So parent knows how to negotiate with criminals.Some will blame buhari for this.
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by Okoyouth: 5:08am On Jun 03, 2021
You are negotiating with bandits but in the SE is shoot at sight,well done Fulani

3 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by gambia(m): 5:15am On Jun 03, 2021
Okoyouth:
You are negotiating with bandits but in the SE is shoot at sight,well done Fulani

Dont mind those jokers.
Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by abumeinben(m): 5:20am On Jun 03, 2021
How na.

Thought they said that would attract a 15 year jail term....

Or are we running regionalised government already?

4 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by loswhite(m): 5:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Bvlgari:
Well anything to rescue them first...anything other thing can be done after that and not excluding the use of force to terminate those bandits

Common sense!
How is this common sense? You Negotiate and pay millions and 2 days later another kidnapping then you negotiate and pay them again then 3 days later another kidnapping.....lol. They are sponsoring banditry

4 Likes

Re: Niger Islamic School Abduction: We ‘re negotiating with bandits – Niger Govt by bhella10: 5:45am On Jun 03, 2021
Very convenient

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi / FCT Budgets N5bn For LovePeddlers, Destitutes / Kingsley Kuku(S.A To Jonathan) Live On Channels... Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.