Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? (1680 Views)

Meet The First Man To Import A Bullet Proof Car Into Nigeria. / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Krak(m): 12:34am On Jun 03, 2021
Please is it wise to import a car from the UK to Nigeria and then convert the during wheels from right drive to left drive?

First, I need to get an estimate of the cost of shipping from UK to Nigeria including custom duties etc.

Then I need to know the likely cost of changing the driving wheel here in Nigeria including the likelihood of any possible problems that may likely arise.
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by buygala(m): 2:09am On Jun 03, 2021
No

Avoid unnecessary stress

unless the car is being shipped to you free of charge, it's not worth it...

just contact any reputable car dealer here and buy a factory LHD of the car you want...avoiding the 200k or a little more profit they will make from you isnt worth the stress of buying, trucking, shipping, clearing and replacing the vehicle's parts vandalized by wharf rats

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Krak(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2021
buygala:
No

Avoid unnecessary stress

unless the car is being shipped to you free of charge, it's not worth it...

just contact any reputable car dealer here and buy a factory LHD of the car you want...avoiding the 200k or a little more profit they will make from you isnt worth the stress of buying, trucking, shipping, clearing and replacing the vehicle's parts vandalized by wharf rats

Thanks for this. Actually is being given to me free of charge by a relative.
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Lexusgs430: 9:51am On Jun 03, 2021
Krak:

Thanks for this. Actually is being given to me free of charge by a relative.

That relative is not doing you a favour, they are simply dumping their problems at your door............. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Krak(m): 10:02am On Jun 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

That relative is not doing you a favour, they are simply dumping their problems at your door............. cheesy

This means I should simply dodge the coming bullet in order to prevent any story that touches the heart. Thanks.
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Krak:

This means I should simply dodge the coming bullet in order to prevent any story that touches the heart. Thanks.

Tell that relative to sell the car in the UK, send you the money, add something and buy a proper LHD...........

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Krak(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Tell that relative to sell the car in the UK, send you the money, add something and buy a proper LHD...........

Ok, thanks for this. I am so grateful.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by fineboynl(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
Krak:

Ok, thanks for this. I am so grateful.
let him sell it any amount and send your the money
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by babyboy4every1: 12:03am On Nov 23, 2021
But sir, I know people that deliberately bought fro UK and convert it here and are still with the car. I know like 3
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Elsueno: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2021
undecided But isn't it like rude to tell someone to sell something he intended to dash u for free & send u the money instead...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Lexusgs430: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
Elsueno:
undecided But isn't it like rude to tell someone to sell something he intended to dash u for free & send u the money instead...

When the conversion starts giving you issues...... It would be worse than a rude awakening......... wink

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Elsueno: 12:17am On Nov 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

When the conversion starts giving you issues...... It would be worse than a rude awakening......... wink

There are people who can do the conversion very well, just find them & do it. Personally, I think it's disrespectful & ungrateful to urge someone to sell what he intended to gift u, then send u d money...but what do I know? Op knows his relatives better sha grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Lexusgs430: 12:21am On Nov 24, 2021
Elsueno:

There are people who can do the conversion very well, just find them & do it. Personally, I think it's disrespectful & ungrateful to urge someone to sell what he intended to gift u, then send u d money...but what do I know? Op knows his relatives better sha grin

The giver wants the receiver, too feel it's a favour ......... grin
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Elsueno: 12:29am On Nov 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

The giver wants the receiver, too feel it's a favour ......... grin

Ok...I give up grin
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by Originalsly: 1:30am On Nov 26, 2021
Is the relative footing the bill for shipping and clearance? If yes... fine... then make sure you have enough to pay for a professional conversion . If not....thanks but no thanks.
Re: Is It Wise To Import A Car From U.K? by aAK1(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2021
It depends on the car in question. If it’s a a Peugeot or Toyota that is before 2007 . Ifs fine. They can easily convert. Avoid any other car brand or newer models of the above mention

(1) (Reply)

The Man Who Built A Car / Jetta Vs Passat Vs Altima / The BMW E34 5series And E36 3series Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.