Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue (1099 Views)

Umahi Threatens To Revoke Benin-Sapele-Ologbo Road Contract Over Shoddy Job / RUGA: Umahi Threatens To Sue Pascal Oluchukwu, Gives 7-Day Ultimatum / Lock Your Shop For IPOB Sit-at-home, Lose It Forever - Umahi Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Kwashiman: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2021
Gunmen attacks: Umahi threatens to deploy Ebubeagu to Benue

Governor David Umahi: threatens to deploy Ebubeagu security outfit to Benue

Gov. David Umahi has urged the Benue government to form a replica of the Ebubeagu security outfit to protect a village inhabited mainly by Izzi natives from Ebonyi in the state.

Umahi spoke on Wednesday when he visited the village known as Nwori-Ndi Obasi Village in Ado Local Government Area (LGA) of Benue which was attacked by gunmen on 30 May.

The attack, which left some persons dead and many wounded, was stopped from spilling over to the neighbouring Okwofuruike and Odoke Villages of Ebonyi LGA by a combined team of security agencies and Ebubeagu security outfit.

Speaking during the visit, Umahi said Ebonyi Government may be forced to deploy Ebubeagu to Benue if the state government failed to set up an outfit to protect the people.

“These are Ebonyi people paying their taxes in Benue and should not be abandoned.

“We cannot ask security agencies from Ebonyi to protect the people in Benue, but we will deploy our youths and the indigenes to protect them.

“I want to restate that the incident did not occur in Ebonyi or within the buffer zone of the boundary with Benue.

“The incident affected Ebonyi indigenes living in Benue for over 100 years and if they wish to belong to Ebonyi, the Benue people should allow them,” Umahi said.

He donated N5 million to victims of suspected gunmen attacks commiserating with the wounded victims, who were still receiving treatment at the Alex Ekwueme Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki.
He said the government had set up a committee, headed by the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Chief Francis Nwifuru, to ensure adequate care for the victims.

“The committee will ensure adequate feeding of the wounded persons and those displaced during the attack, including medical expenses and shelter.

“I have directed the hospital’s Chief Medical Director to do everything possible to stabilise and treat all the victims.

“They will not leave the state in a hurry as we will ensure adequate security before they return to their homes,” the governor said.

He described the attack as barbaric, saying it should be condemned by well-meaning Nigerians.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2021/06/02/gunmen-attacks-umahi-threatens-to-deploy-ebubeagu-to-benue/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by colorsofrainbow: 9:48am On Jun 03, 2021
Where is Ebubeagu?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Joromi1: 9:51am On Jun 03, 2021
STFU! Bloody coward and Fulani slave. How many more of your people will be killed before you wake up? Ode oshi.
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by sapientia(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Am very ashamed of Umahi
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by BigSarah(f): 9:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Tivs and Idomas are helpless, do you now think they'll be capable of protecting Igbo minorities In benue?

Simply deploy Ebubeagu explain later

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Ikwerelastborn: 10:08am On Jun 03, 2021
like kanu like umahi , he should act already
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Kingk47: 10:11am On Jun 03, 2021
Funny enough Ebubeagu is only on paper. The only security outfit with the zeal and I don't even think they are even paid are the ESN. Ebubeagu are just jobless youths who see this as an employment opportunity.
... Na me talk am
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Solsix(m): 10:12am On Jun 03, 2021
Nice gesture his Excellency

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Ikwerelastborn: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2021
Kingk47:
Funny enough Ebubeagu is only on paper. The only security outfit with the zeal and I don't even think they are even paid are the ESN. Ebubeagu are just jobless youths who see this as an employment opportunity.
... Na me talk am
ESN are paid better than your Nigerian military, ask questions in what you do not know

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:13am On Jun 03, 2021
Kingk47:
... Na me talk am

You are absolutely right
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Kingk47: 10:16am On Jun 03, 2021
BigSarah:
Tivs and Idomas are helpless, do you now think they'll be capable of protecting Igbo minorities In benue?

Simply deploy Ebubeagu explain later
The only man who would have given this fulani herdsmen a run for their money and would have gotten a good followership was brutally murdered by the fulani army through the order of Garba Shehu and the Mannequin of Aso rock. A new militia should be formed by Benue govt. let the govt go to the street and employ those cultists in Makurdi to do the dirty job for them since the people in the village are not hardened enough

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Kingk47: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

ESN are paid better than your Nigerian military, ask questions in what you do not know
What is there salary structure. I will like to know
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by meolaniyi(m): 10:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Confused governor
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Ikwerelastborn: 10:30am On Jun 03, 2021
Kingk47:

What is there salary structure. I will like to know
Send a pm, that's not what we should discuss on a public forum
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by FreeIgbos: 10:43am On Jun 03, 2021
It seems like Ortom only knows how to cry like a baby while doing nothing. If he has surrendered the lives of Tivs, Idomas and Igedes in Benue, we Igbos still consider life as sacrosanct and we can't allow indigenous Igbos in Benue to be massacred endlessly. Igbo lives matter and if he fails to protect them then ESN and Ebubeagu would have to fill the void!

Enough of the crying and act like a man, Ortom!!!
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:48am On Jun 03, 2021
I don't like too much talk, just deploy them. Those Igbo minorities are really suffering
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by AndreSalvatore: 11:10am On Jun 03, 2021
Seems this governors are scared of this herdsmen... why not attack them without notice?
Re: Gunmen Attacks: Umahi Threatens To Deploy Ebubeagu To Benue by Waterysperm: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2021
We are making plans already. We will deploy ESN to Igbo communities in Benue by next week. Preparations are in top gear. As for the Fulanis, get ready because it is not going to be funny. As for the killings of our brethren in Benue, it must be avenged and we will add Jara on top. Bookmark this comment as a reminder because it will soon happen.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Makes New Appointment – See Full List / Kenya Tortured Kanu For 8 Days Before Repatriation To Nigeria - (video) / Igbo And Yorubas Stop Your Childishness On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.