Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. (1465 Views)

The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / Ussd Code To Stop Auto Renewal Of Airtel Plan / Do Airtel Now Charge For Using *737# Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by MilesLamar(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
They want to kill us in this country
Lalasticala

Mydd44

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by MilesLamar(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
First picture Gt bank.
Second picture Zenith bank.

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Ahmed0336(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
Wahala...

Taxing of citizens from all available directions with nothing to show for it. UAR

3 Likes

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Pearlqueen(f): 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
OP, you haven't been in the country or is it that you haven't been following banking reforms?

Telecos say banks are enjoying all the profit while making use of their platform to generate revenue for themselves and that customers will have to pay them for using USSD while connecting with their banks to perform transactions.

So, that is it.
This country won't kill us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Lekan111(m): 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2021
Pearlqueen:
OP, you haven't been in the country or is it that you haven't been following banking reforms?

Telecos say banks are enjoying all the profit while making use of their platform to generate revenue for themselves and that customers will have to pay them for using USSD while connecting with their banks to perform transactions.

So, that is it.
Customer end up bearing the burden

1 Like

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by AeroplaneApple: 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
They are not offering a service. They are basically ripping off our hard earned money

3 Likes

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by AeroplaneApple: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Lekan111:
There is money in banking sector

Theirs is excessive exploitation. I remember when they used to charge atm maintainance fee

1 Like

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by MilesLamar(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
AeroplaneApple:

Theirs is excessive exploitation. I remember when they used to charge atm maintainance fee

They stopped? Didn't notice because sms charge takes up to 500 naira
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by MilesLamar(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Pearlqueen:

So, that is it.

The customers are been taxed like no tomorrow, for every time you transact with the USSD code you pay.. God I beg oh
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by seankafor(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Na why e good to use mobile apps

I don't think this is applicable with the mobile app
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by samuelson06(m): 12:27am On Jun 04, 2021
I think the news about this was all over the place in the recent past. Since they don't want us to be using code to recharge, we can simply switch to app or paper-based recharge.

1 Like

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Ishilove: 3:19am On Jun 04, 2021
I kuku don't use USSD for anything. Strictly banking apps. Nigerian banks are unarmed bandits.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Frstem: 3:58am On Jun 04, 2021
That shii Cra*y tho!

1 Like

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Twelfthman: 5:46am On Jun 04, 2021
Just use the mobile app for transaction.
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2021
Bad.
Meanwhile, if you nee both new and uk use phones, laptops and accessories, pm me or quote me with your whatsapp cotacts.
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by sunshineV(f): 7:30am On Jun 04, 2021
i saw this shit last night when i wanted to make a transfer. shock grip me
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Vyzz: 7:37am On Jun 04, 2021
cool

I thought that was my phone
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by ElValiente(m): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2021
This is why I like my standard chartered Bank. I did everything online no yeye charges it's all free.oh I got my debit visa gold yesterday after 7 days of applying for it. Great bank.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by iampeterben(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2021
E shock me too oh! Last month ending na N500 dem remove for my account for that month transactions.
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by MilesLamar(m): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2021
Vyzz:
cool

I thought that was my phone
You use redmi?
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Fedrick100: 9:30am On Jun 04, 2021
ElValiente:
This is why I like my standard chartered Bank. I did everything online no yeye charges it's all free.oh I got my debit visa gold yesterday after 7 days of applying for it. Great bank.

I want to open that standard chartered account but I don’t know how to go about it
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by ElValiente(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2021
Fedrick100:

I want to open that standard chartered account but I don’t know how to go about it

I'll guide you and send you referral code. NB. I'll delete the number soon so like when you see it.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Vyzz: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2021
MilesLamar:

You use redmi?

Yea...

8a...

Dark mode

1 Like

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by wewillbealright: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2021
S
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Jnrprince1(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2021
We have no choice until freedom of speech is allowed
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by PlaysNigeria: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
Thing wey me I don block tey tey smiley
No time...

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Twoclans(f): 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
seankafor:
Na why e good to use mobile apps

I don't think this is applicable with the mobile app

With the mobile app you are already paying for data usage .

3 Likes

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by prinsam30: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
I was trying to to make a transaction this morning and the message popped up, I was like what D F... k buh they later charged me 10bucks GTBank to zenith
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Ceenachi: 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
Op
Kindly change the topic to Zenith bank charge you #7
Cos my bank(UBA) never in day charge me any kobo
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Yves4real(f): 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ceenachi:
Op
Kindly change the topic to Zenith bank charge you #7
Cos my bank(UBA) never in day charge me any kobo

It's like the charge started yesterday and UBA charged me today.

1 Like

Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2021
I KEPT TELLING YOU "AGGRESSIVE AND IGNORANT/UNWILLING TO LEARN YOUTHS" OF TODAY DURING ENDSARS VIOLENCE,
FOR ANY GOVT PROPERTY YOU DESTROY BY PROTEST OR INSURRECTION YOU WIL PAY FOR IT,YOUR FAMILY WILL ALSO PAY. GOVT WILL RECOVER THEIR MONIES FROM YOU VIA TAXES,BILLING SYSTEMS E.G CBN/COMMCIAL BANK REGULATED CHARGES AND MOBILE PHONE COMPANES TARIFF,VAT, VEHICLE REGISTRATION FEES, ALL MANNER FEES YOU MUST PAY B4 YOU GET GOVT SERVICE. undecided
Re: Banks Now Charge 7 Naira For Using The USSD Code For Banking. by Ceenachi: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
Yves4real:

It's like the charge started yesterday and UBA charged me today.

Bro
I still disagree with you
I already made 3 transactions today
If u doubt I’ll drop d pic here

(1) (Reply)

INNJOO Have What It Takes To Dominate Computer Village / Beat By Dre Bass Booster Earbud / Please Where Can I Get Sony Xperia Phones To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.