Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,992 members, 7,810,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Hotels Across The United States Struggling To Secure Staff Before The Summer Cra - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hotels Across The United States Struggling To Secure Staff Before The Summer Cra (144 Views)

Struggling With Diminished Sexual Desire / COVID-19 Toll: United States Records Over 2,400 Deaths In 24 Hours(Pics) / Woman In Wheelchair In Owerri Struggling To Take Her Children To School (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hotels Across The United States Struggling To Secure Staff Before The Summer Cra by WinifredVII: 8:38am On Jun 04, 2021
As more Americans begin their journey thanks to the COVID-19 vaccine, hotels across the United States are facing a labor shortage as they are in a hurry to accommodate the surge in visitors. , Workers are returning more slowly To increase employment more than guests, the hotel offers benefits such as signing bonuses.
“I was very busy. Many guests are coming to enjoy this beautiful weather where I had to sit in the pool, hike, play golf and relax.” In Scottsdale, Arizona. Resort.
The hotel has been flooded with guests since February, when more Americans began vaccination. COVID-19 (New Coronavirus Infection)However, many of the former hotel employees did not return. Some have left the city or state, while others have left the hospitality industry altogether after the coronavirus settled in the spring of 2020 and the business plummeted.
Today, Fairmont Resort is facing an unprecedented labor shortage, with 200 jobs in many sectors.
“I’ve never seen such a staffing need met,” John Grin, director of public relations at the resort, told CBS News Wendy Gillette.
Due to the high demand for employees, the hotel offers $ 500 not only to new hires, but also to current employees who refer successful applicants.
Neighboring hotels face similar challenges in hiring employees. The luxury Phoenician resort, also in Scottsdale, has 50 jobs.
Hotel spokeswoman Dennis Somin told CBS News, “We have a card to bring. If you meet someone,’Are you interested in joining the Luxury Collection and Phoenicians?
This labor shortage is occurring all over the country, and hotel managers are in charge of everything from cleaning up tables to financial oversight.
Ben McCarney, general manager of the Marriott-owned Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront in Savannah, Georgia, said he was working 24 hours a day, citing additional obligations.
“I love this industry, but we’re all tired. I’m working. I had two days off last month, but I closed the rooftop bar and spent many nights,” he said. Told CBS News.
Joseph Marinelli, president of Visit Savannah, who sells the area to tourists, recognizes the various hats that managers of these facilities are currently wearing.
“You might end up cleaning a room or rubbing the toilet, which is difficult for people who are also responsible for their ultimate bottom line and business management,” he said.
Hotels across the United States struggling to secure staff before the summer crash.

(1) (Reply)

Coalition Of Nasarawa State Health Professional Down Tools / Are Air Fryers Healthy | 2021 / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.