Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland (974 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by HappyPagan: 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

A Criminal is one who breaks The Law! And even here, you have confessed to breaking The Law!

Like I said, you are really confused.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Dtruthspeaker: 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:

Like I said, you are really confused.

In other words you now know that you are a Guilty Criminal and A Law Breaker!
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by HappyPagan: 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Chief Judge of the Divine Republic of Christendom..
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
Xiaomi1:
who is this head slammer? Abi you want to hear the story of how a stupid man had sex with Aisha at 6?

LMAO! Category 1.

1 Like

Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Your fairy tale says somebody took the laws your god wrote with his own finger, broke it in anger and nothing happened to the "lawbreaker". LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:

All this crying.. I have cousins in Kaduna I visited last year. Y'all just read NL frontpage and make will stories about places you have never been to..

No where in Nigeria is safe. Life means nothing across the country... Whether Muslim, Christian or whatever... Nigeria eats it's children.

Christians like to imagine enemies peeking at them in every shadowy corner. It's terrible to be in a mental prison of your own making. That's how a Christian I know would have missed out on a terrific opportunity because they told her the person to help her, was using blood money. His parents died relatively young and the guy started making money after travelling aboard. Meanwhile the same dolts telling her all these stories were secretly collecting money from this same alleged ritualist. LMAO! I still can't stop laughing at the absurdity. And also to add these are the same people who believe their god saved someone from roasting in a furnace. LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by mhmsadyq(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thank God you said you dwell in the south, go to Kaduna and live there, then you will know how much the Muslims hate you.

Please tell us your experience in Kaduna.
How did came out alive?

1 Like

Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Dtruthspeaker: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
LordReed:

Your fairy tale says somebody took the laws your god wrote with his own finger, broke it in anger and nothing happened to the "lawbreaker". LMFAO!

It is still The Law that is going to judge the "lawbreaker" so it's not a problem.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It is still The Law that is going to judge the "lawbreaker" so it's not a problem.

Yeah sure that so called judgement day that always seems to be in the future. LoLz
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:
Just a bunch of people who hate atheists, muslims, and traditionalists.

There is another bunch of fellow that like to post Bible verses and scripture like the Internet is their church. For them, religion is not a choice but a burden, a cross, a rough tough experience through this evil world.

There is another bunch that like to claim they love 'unconditionally'.. so they seem to hang around non-theistic threads so they sound more intelligent that the other retard bunch. These are the hypocrites.. and it's fun to see the retards call them out regularly.

My favorite bunch is the ones that are sure to comment on this thread. Today is Friday. I dey go light igbo.. show me one TRUE chrisitian on nairaland.. I wont need to highlight his flaws... his fellow Christians will.

No true Scotsman fallacy. Zero. Keep looking hard for true christian and true god, mr. true
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
LordReed:

If you read properly without the devourer's influence, Moses actually broke a stone and went back for another set. He did not break the laws written on the stone. No gain in being slow Reed, God gave you more potential than this.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by HappyPagan: 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
Image123:

No true Scotsman fallacy. Zero. Keep looking hard for true christian and true god, mr. true
Glad you are reading those texts on logic and reason I recommended. Proud you can post without verses... Baby steps...I applaud you
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2021
Overzealous aprokos can't understand sarcasm. LoLz!

HappyPagan:

Glad you are reading those texts on logic and reason I recommended. Proud you can post without verses... Baby steps...I applaud you
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:

Seems you are in a trance or worse still delusional? Where did you see me posting with verses or look like i can't post without verses? Seems you need some verses Muskee? have some medicine in Psalm 14.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by HappyPagan: 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Image123:

Seems you are in a trance or worse still delusional? Where did you see me posting with verses or look like i can't post without verses? Seems you need some verses Muskee? have some medicine in Psalm 14.
There it is. Didn't take too long ..na wetin full your mind.. grin grin
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:

There it is. Didn't take too long ..na wetin full your mind.. grin grin

You are acting deluded my man. i'm really concerned now, read through Malachi 3, you may find a cure.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by HappyPagan: 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
Image123:

You are acting deluded my man. i'm really concerned now, read through Malachi 3, you may find a cure.
Christians and their miracle cures...
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
LordReed:
Overzealous aprokos can't understand sarcasm. LoLz!

Get a mirror quickly, you need to see something.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:

Christians and their miracle cures...

Yes oh, i've been saved by some.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by LordReed(m): 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:

Savior for what? So Christianity is about having a fall guy for all the nonsense you do.... ? What does Christ save you from apart from hypocrisy?

Errr, true christianity for instance saves you from sin. You don't get to make a mess of your life.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by Image123(m): 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
LordReed:
Lagbaja Nothing For You!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd-MeDtmIbA

Funny you get the message. Just that the devourer soon devours it, then you run along with tails tucked in to bully some. Get eternal life and be free.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by 1Sharon(f): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He has already told you he fails in passing God's Laws, so there is nothing to get from him.

But there are people who are abiding by The Law and there shall be.

Nobody can abide by god's law 100%
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by 1Sharon(f): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The book of Revelation.

A book.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by 1Sharon(f): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
jamesid29:

That's kinda the whole point of the bible.
On our own strength, none of us can ever meetup to the standard of what it means to be truly good. Sooner or later, we all fail horribly, fall short and left to our own vices, we would choose death.
Hence the need for a saviour...Someone who would do what none of us can do and stand in the gap in our stead. That person was God himself, in the person of Jesus.

So basically, our righteousness is not based on what we can do but in trusting in what God himself has done.

There's a lot more nuance to it, but that's the biblical story in a nutshell.

Now who exactly has done what 'none of us' can do? Get real pls.
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by jamesid29(m): 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
1Sharon:

LOL.

Jesus said gossiping is a sin, but 80% of the conservations people have are about other people.
Your stats is incorrect as there are no objective/verifiable way of conducting such a survey that would be a true representation of the human population. At best what can be said would only pertain to a specific subset or demographic which would be extreme cases.

I would also take "Jesus said gossiping is a sin" as "the Bible said" cos what Jesus said is, we all would answer for every careless word we utter someday. And that was said in the context of Just pointing that out.

To the crust of the matter... There is a bit of nuance between just talking about someone and gossiping about someone. Most people intuitively know the difference.
Gossiping usually entails conversation or reports about other people's private lives that might be unkind, disapproving, or not true:
Basically it is the sharing of information about someone else that ought not to be shared.

Im betting we've both lived long enough to have atleast witnessed a few times, the real world consequences gossip has had in the lives of real people. People have lost jobs, promotions, relationships due to gossips.

In anycase, we can both agree that most people at some point have indulged in some form(both harmful & not so harmful) gossiping. Even though we mostly know that it's wrong(almost every culture & civilization has a proverb or two against gossiping), we still indulge in it.
That still butresses the point we were making: Something is broken in humans and left to our own vices, we would choose what feels good to us even at the detriment of others and even ourselves long-term. That's what the bible calls following the flesh.

Jesus said you have committed adultery already if you have a sexual thought about a woman.
Now, thoughts are automatic and cannot be controlled. Unless the feelings behind them change.

Now why would Jesus have such ridiculous rules and requirements?
I believe the first thing is to use the actual words used in the text:
But I say to you that whoever looks(blepō) at a woman(gynē) to lust (epithumeō) after her has already committed adultery.

So the word used there is to lust after a woman. Lust means to have an intense longing, craving or desire after something or someone. The word itself & it's Greek counterpart is not just a fleeting thought but longing after or intense desire for something or someone.
In the case of a someone, we have a modern English word that encapsulates the idea: Sexual Objectification.

I'm guessing as a lady, aside from the devaluation of a woman into a mere object of sexual pleasure in the man's mind, you know there a real world consequences & ripple effects of the objectification of women in society.
Alot of the struggles female advocacy group in modern times have been in trying to stop the objectification of women because of those real world ripple effects.
Sadly even though we know the real world ills that come with it, there are too many industries and people that thrive based on it. Couple that with a hyper sexualized culture, propped up by modern media and the likes, it's not hard to realize that this problem is not going anywhere soon.
We don't need to be rocket scientists to know that the only reason so many industries and societies thrive on the objectification of humans is because regardless of the wrongness of it at it's core or the societal ills that come with it, people derive pleasure in it.

So in essence, we are saying the same thing. The true biblical essence of what it means to be truly good is not something any of us can attain when left to our own strength, regardless of our modern day virtue signaling.

Truth is, the world is broken and we don't know how to fix either it nor ourselves (cos we are equally broken inside).
So where are we to go from here?
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by xproducer: 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2021
HappyPagan:
Just a bunch of people who hate atheists, muslims, and traditionalists.

There is another bunch of fellow that like to post Bible verses and scripture like the Internet is their church. For them, religion is not a choice but a burden, a cross, a rough tough experience through this evil world.

There is another bunch that like to claim they love 'unconditionally'.. so they seem to hang around non-theistic threads so they sound more intelligent that the other retard bunch. These are the hypocrites.. and it's fun to see the retards call them out regularly.

My favorite bunch is the ones that are sure to comment on this thread. Today is Friday. I dey go light igbo.. show me one TRUE chrisitian on nairaland.. I wont need to highlight his flaws... his fellow Christians will.

======

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?" -Matthew 7:1-3

GOD's command is to share His holy word so that people can be saved by grace from the righteous wrath of GOD to come and be reconciled to Him through the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST!

These matters are no joke!

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17

"Instead of judging one another, one should "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" - Philippians 2:12

"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” - 2 Timothy 2:19
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by HappyPagan: 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2021
xproducer:

======

"Judge not, that the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” - 2 Timothy 2:19

Why are you quoting Bible verses to a non-Christian? Do you not know how to have a rational conversation without borrowing from the thoughts of me who lived in the wild ages ago?

Why should anyone read that wall of trash you just posted?
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by xproducer: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2021
HappyPagan:

Why are you quoting Bible verses to a non-Christian? Do you not know how to have a rational conversation without borrowing from the thoughts of me who lived in the wild ages ago?

Why should anyone read that wall of trash you just posted?
------------

A true believer / child of CHRIST is compelled to quote the GOD Whom he/she serves and belongs to because "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 2:19

It is your prerogative not to read, but at least you have been told!

"But to the wicked God says: “What right have you to declare My statutes, Or take My covenant in your mouth, Seeing you hate instruction And cast My words behind you?" - Psalm 50:16-18
Re: There Are No TRUE Christians On Nairaland by virginboy1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
1Sharon:
There are no true Christians anywhere. The conditions for heaven are impossible and unrealistic to meet.

If there's a heaven, nobody can ever get there.

Especially in country like Nigeria. It breeds hypocrites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Had A Vision Where I Hung Myself / Arguments About Religion / Is Endtime Approaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.