Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed (44460 Views)

Jonathan Flushed Out Boko Haram From 14 Borno Lgas, Not Buhari — Clark Tells Lai / Killing Of Petrol Attendant: You Can't Cover This Up, Ikpeazu Tells Lai Mohammed / Security Allegations: Apologize To Nigerians, PDP Tells Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Basher8583: 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
SmartPolician:
The funny thing is that many browers are integrating VPN

Omowolewa, you don't have to access Twitter using its app or regular web browsers. You can do it from your web browser.what that means is that it shields to location and gives fake location to your ISP.

You can try it when the ISPs have been instructed to block Twitter app from Nigerian uses.

The protocol to blocking a site is to also block vpn. Go and find out how its done in China and UAE.

Vpn is actually very simple to block.
Isps will block any outgoing ip address that is not in the range of its allocated ipadresses.

A rule can be set on the router to deny outgoing ipaddresses from another country for example. Why will a USA ip address be connecting from Naija? Block!! Dazz all

You people just shout up and down thinking you are smarter than the government. No country will take what twitter did.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
GeneralPula:

Those apps are not Banned in Nigeria, so you can sure use the App with a vpn without any problems..

How can PayPal sees your network provider to be ATT Lol..

Vpn configure phones, not mobile network. Not your internet..

Btw, nah which vpn you using?
Guy, am done arguing this subject with you. Your arguing with someone who loads funds from a US bank and cash out on daily basis. VPN will work 100% well on Twitter take it or leave it, it is what it is. Bye!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by dubailive: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
The hate against Indigenous Igbo People of Biafran has continued to expose the illiterates that we stupidly allowed access to the Presidency.

When will these Fulanis know their place ?
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
U close d door we come tru d window
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by GeneralPula: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
grossintel:
Guy, am done arguing this subject with you. Your arguing with someone who loads funds from a US bank and cash out on daily basis. VPN will work 100% well on Twitter take it or leave it, it is what it is. Bye!

Time till reveal bro..
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by SmartPolician: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
Basher8583:

The protocol to blocking a site is to also block vpn. Go and find out how its done in China and UAE.

Vpn is actually very simple to block.
Isps will block any outgoing ip address that is not in the range of its allocated ipadresses.

A rule can be set on the router to deny outgoing ipaddresses from another country for example. Why will a USA ip address be connecting from Naija? Block!! Dazz all

You people just shout up and down thinking you are smarter than the government. No country will take what twitter did.

Ogbeni, you should be calming down grin

You probably spent a lot of time in a CCNA class, up to the expert level.

Guess what, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost and many others still work in China. Yes, you read that right! Sure, you can still enjoy Facebook, Twitter and other banned platforms in the country if you want to. The only challenge is that the government can trace you, pick you up and prosecute you.

You were not taught that all VPN providers needed is to have their servers sited in countries that are close to yours with stringent internet laws. With that, people in the country with draconian internet laws (like Nigeria) can access Internet services that their government don't want to.

So, drop those IP addressing and networking jargons. I am telling you how these things work in practice, not theories or simulations.

Coming to what Twitter did, I wouldn't like to dabble in that because it's not my business. However, keep in mind that the microblogging platform suspended Donald Trump's account when he was in the Oval Office, but he didn't ban Twitter in the United States.

Mtchewwww

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
Grace001:
This is part of their plan for NIN registration policy

They want to track every internet user down, and bully those who criticize them. M

Useless good for nothing Nigerian government

BUHARI SUPPORTERS ONLINE AND OFFLINE ARE ALL CONDEMNED IDIOTS!!!

Cc:
Simplyleo
Iammo
Seunsmg
Tinubuadvocate

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by jamislaw(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Henrydonland:
For my phone I get up to four VPN so, is am ready.
pls share abeg is it psiphone?
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
SEE HOW THE FOLLOWING SHAMELESS KEYBOARD WARRIORS AVOIDED THIS THREAD SHAMEFULLY:

Seunsmg
Simplyleo
Tinubuadvocate
Iammo
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by KingMack(m): 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
Twitter dey work for me oo grin
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Gjmff: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
Jokers I just left Twitter few seconds ago
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Which vpn, when i can open twitter with no hindrance?
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by CaptainFM1: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Don't tell us! We know how to bypass una stupid suspension. Failed Government!

Highest we go enter Ghana go post or use our brothers in diaspora to help us post. Iyentunko?
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
But we all know that this government ain't smart one bit, if they had done the right thing from the beginning and not unnecessarily chest beating, fault finding and the throwing blames here and there we wouldn't be having this conversation but hey, the writing is always on the wall....

North Korea will be smiling at the moment..
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by sandra50(f): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
Me I downloaded yesterday because i know buhari and his cluelessness
Henrydonland:
For my phone I get up to four VPN so, is am ready.
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Holaomoakin(m): 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
Even if you dig hole and enter it will spit you out!
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Danking1: 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
dallasi:

an Onion bandit has just been sighted
Terrorist just sighted
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Vitally123: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nigerians will not have their freedom of speech or rule of law tampered with and using VPN to go around it is not an option; rather, will exercise their human rights and the rule of law, as freely given by God and as practiced in other climes with regard to international best practice.
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by bejeria101(m): 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
Awon oponu geng
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:29am On Jun 05, 2021
You people r the biggest idiots on this planet

Well.. banning you guys from going overseas should be next to follow.... Even the Ajala the traveller!!

1 year to go... Mehn... these animal should go ooo...
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Basher8583: 1:42am On Jun 05, 2021
SmartPolician:

Ogbeni, you should be calming down grin

You probably spent a lot of time in a CCNA class, up to the expert level.

Guess what, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost and many others still work in China. Yes, you read that right! Sure, you can still enjoy Facebook, Twitter and other banned platforms in the country if you want to. The only challenge is that the government can trace you, pick you up and prosecute you.

You were not taught that all VPN providers needed is to have their servers sited in countries that are close to yours with stringent internet laws. With that, people in the country with draconian internet laws (like Nigeria) can access Internet services that their government don't want to.

So, drop those IP addressing and networking jargons. I am telling you how these things work in practice, not theories or simulations.

Coming to what Twitter did, I wouldn't like to dabble in that because it's not my business. However, keep in mind that the microblogging platform suspended Donald Trump's account when he was in the Oval Office, but he didn't ban Twitter in the United States.

Mtchewwww

I know you just want me to know you have some idea of networking. Well done.
Now tell me with regards to the bolded....what is the point of a VPN if the government can still track you.

You can see you are still a novice
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Citnix: 2:51am On Jun 05, 2021
Dictatorship have no place in Nigeria and all well meaning Nigerians should resist every attempt by these old vampires from destruction. I pity the youths because they will inherit this mess they created for themselves.
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by 2kurupt(m): 5:45am On Jun 05, 2021
Activate your VPNs people, they've started restricting access to Twitter contents.

So the government can be this fast to act on a direction.

I know it's only when it comes to arm twisting of the citizenry Nigerian politicians prick dey rise fast fast. Clowns
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Splashme: 6:06am On Jun 05, 2021
Terrible
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by SmartPolician: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2021
Basher8583:

I know you just want me to know you have some idea of networking. Well done.
Now tell me with regards to the bolded....what is the point of a VPN if the government can still track you.

You can see you are still a novice

The question you should be asking yourself is if the use of VPN is legal or illegal in Nigeria. Unlike China, VPN is not outlawed in Nigeria. The Chinese government is likely to pick you up because you are accessing the internet from an illegal network.

In fact, the law even has a caveat, as the government allows US and Europe-headquartered multinationals companies to use VPNs.

Huncle, don't think because we all met on Nairaland everyone is now a novice and you are the networking guru. The Internet technology is far from perfect. Tell your yeye government to instruct the ISPs to block Twitter. Guess what, Nigerians who want to access the platform will certainly do it.

PS: This is the last reply you will get from me.

Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Kemillion(m): 7:25am On Jun 05, 2021
Someone should pls school me on hw to use VPN to access my twitter account pls. I dn't knw much about it. Thanks
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by Basher8583: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2021
SmartPolician:

The question you should be asking yourself is if the use of VPN is legal or illegal in Nigeria. Unlike China, VPN is not outlawed in Nigeria. The Chinese government is likely to pick you up because you are accessing the internet from an illegal network.

In fact, the law even has a caveat, as the government allows US and Europe-headquartered multinationals companies to use VPNs.

Huncle, don't think because we all met on Nairaland everyone is now a novice and you are the networking guru. The Internet technology is far from perfect. Tell your yeye government to instruct the ISPs to block Twitter. Guess what, Nigerians who want to access the platform will certainly do it.

PS: This is the last reply you will get from me.

Like I said earlier.. Well done. At least Im glad you know how to use the internet for research purposes. However, it doesn't make you smart if you don't know how to apply the knowledge gained from your internet research. You need to work harder. I can't help you there

I never mentioned Nigeria banning vpn. The country has the potential to block malicious vpn activity.

Using a corporate vpn utilising tunneling protocol is far different from using a public vpn with the intention to conceal your ip address origin.

That's all Im going to tell you.
Re: Nigerians Can Use VPN To Access Twitter - Farooq Kperogi Tells Lai Mohammed by MoIbrahim: 10:24am On Jun 05, 2021
omoadeleye:
They should just ban VPN now.

How many VPN dem go ban? The things plenty o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Members Shield Dogara During Fracas-video / Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..." / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.