Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc (1440 Views)

Can You Marry A Lady That's Richer Or More Educated Than You? / Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? / Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc by dealordea(m): 10:48pm On May 02, 2011
For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, blah blah blah. We all know the words, but everywhere I look, it seems like these words don't carry much weight. I heard one story about a woman who left her husband after he lost his high-paying job. I heard another story about a man who ditched his wife when she got cancer and lost her good looks. For all the claims that marriage is a failed institution, maybe the criticism ought to be directed at the people who get married rather than the institution itself.

For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, til I get bored with you and/or find someone I like better.

This is more of a rant than a question. Maybe it's because of the unrealistic expectations people have for marriage. They love it when it's good, but quite a lot of people bail when the going gets tough. Some people just aren't cut out for marriage. I have more respect for the people who admit it than the ones who came to societal pressure and get married cause they think they're supposed to
Re: For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc by nurabela: 1:36am On May 03, 2011
More often than not intending couples don't mean what they nor say what they mean. It seems they real mean ''for better for stay, for worse for go''.
Re: For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc by obowunmi(m): 5:50am On May 03, 2011
Life takes many unxpected turns leading people to make various decisons but its always good to select someone who has similar grounded values as you do.
Re: For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc by iice(f): 5:03am On May 06, 2011
The institution has never been the problem (well if you wanna get married that is).
It has always been the humans involved. . .like everything else, things turn to piss when they touch it.

obowunmi:

Life takes many unxpected turns leading people to make various decisons but its always good to select someone who has similar grounded values as you do.
gbam. This helps alot.
Re: For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc by N101: 10:31am On May 06, 2011
iice:

The institution has never been the problem (well if you wanna get married that is). 
I[b]t has always been the humans involved. . .[/b]like everything else, things turn to piss when they touch it.

Totally agree  - I always say the same thing when it comes to religion -  with all that you've said (though I probably wouldn't have put the last part as blunt  cheesy).

@ deal_ordea - there are people who are bucking the trend, take heart!  Some women may be gold diggers, but not all are.  Some men womanize, but not all do.  Shallow people aren't realistic when it comes to marriage, but here are many who are serious about the institution.  Just make sure you don't compromise your values and standards just for the sake of "love and marriage".
Re: For Better, For Worse, For Richer, For Poorer, Etc by vanillaz: 11:05am On May 09, 2011
hi,

this is a topic being discussed on www.namywedding.com daily.
with the right materials to show you the proper way "to say - yes i do,

Read true love stories, with pictures and weddings to testify . also you can ask questions and seek counselling from the professional team,
see you.

(1) (Reply)

A Wedding Ring That Imprints 'married’ On Your Man's Finger. / Only In Nigeria / When Your Fiancee Walks Out On You Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.